PDA

View Full Version : Stand Bag vs Push/Pull Cart Bag

Jimmy
15th November 2011, 10:13 PM
Hi all,

I searched for this but couldn't find a topic....

I played in a golf day last week and two guys in my group had the carry backpack stand bags. It actually didn't seem that heavy when I tried it and the two guys swore it was easier than pushing and pulling a heavy cart with a bag around all day.

Was wondering your thoughts, particularly those that have tried a carry bag and either hated or loved it! Might get one or at least test one for a round if I can.

Cheers
J

TheTrueReview
15th November 2011, 10:27 PM
Something from left field -> Some use a stand bag in winter & a push buggy in summer.

bergsey
15th November 2011, 10:33 PM
Something from left field -> Some use a stand bag in winter & a push buggy in summer.

im the reverse.... don't carry in winter due to the extra gear eg umbrella, wet weather gear etc. really depends on conditions

Ferrins
15th November 2011, 10:35 PM
"and the two guys swore it was easier than pushing and pulling a heavy cart with a bag around all day"
Agree with that.

I mainly use a standbag because I can roll a ciggy while I'm walking along.

Outcast
15th November 2011, 11:01 PM
I do both and find both comfortable depending on the weather (FNQ = Heat & Humidity at certain times of the year)..

Agree with Ferrins, much easier to roll a ciggy when carrying my clubs than pushing them on a buggy... FWIW I have a Cobra GT standbag and it works excellently as a standbag and fits very well (without the stand mechanism getting in the way) on a Clicgear 3.0

markTHEblake
15th November 2011, 11:25 PM
Standbags would be great if they didnt have those stupid legs getting in the way. If they made em just the same without that would be great for travelling.

Courty
15th November 2011, 11:33 PM
I use a standbag for 9 holers, but use a cart bag for 18 holes as I get tired late in the round if I carry.

simmsy
16th November 2011, 12:47 AM
I find carrying is easier than pushing a cart and can also just keep the standbag in the car for quick 9 holes or practice during the week.

Yossarian
16th November 2011, 01:11 AM
If you want to carry get something as light as possible with great straps. The ping hoofer I had was sensational, the Sun Mountain I have now is also awesome.

If you are the kind of guy that like to have a lot of random shit in your golf bag carrying will suck a bit as the bag can get heavy quick. I only carry 12 clubs atm and half a dozen balls a few tees, and you barely feel the bag.

I do push a buggy if it is raining.

Carrying is also heaps better on hilly courses or a course where you know you will spend a lot of time in the rough.

It also makes you look like a low marker.

idgolfguy
16th November 2011, 01:16 AM
Easier to carry on hilly courses.

Jarro
16th November 2011, 06:02 AM
Pushing a buggy is the only way to fly.

Carrying a bag is too much hard work

Dotty
16th November 2011, 06:22 AM
Just gone back to using a standbag, for the convenience (quick 9, practice, getting in and out of car).

18 hole comp. = Medium-sized standbag on Smoothy CaddyLite trolley.

Just watch compatibility. Some standbags are too short for some folding trolleys and welded rental jobbies. (May also rollover on the brackets.)

AlexMc
16th November 2011, 06:28 AM
Agree Jarro. Carrying is too much hard work. Stand bag on a buggy - best of both worlds.

mudrat
16th November 2011, 06:43 AM
I use a stand bag for the quick after work nine, usually with only 8 or 9 clubs, cart bag and clicgear for a full 18.

Hacker09
16th November 2011, 09:14 PM
I've just started using a stand bag, the convenience for a quick 9 is great but have the buggy for the really hot or wet days when you need the extra crap.

FYI, I picked up one of the TaylorMade TMX stand bags at Adicentre here in Melbourne for about $140 when they had their last 40% off sale. It happens to be on again from tomorrow for 3 days for those interested.

Hamo84
19th November 2011, 02:15 PM
I have the best of both worlds, my Nike Sasquatch bag has tons of storage, 14 dividers (which i wanted) and also sits well on my buggy.

I only use the buggy in bad weather if i need to carry an umbrella, or if it is really hot. Otherwise I carry.

Its also great to just be able to chuck the bag in the car and be on the road really quickly

Jimmy
20th November 2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone, sounds like lots of options. I won a $100 voucher at my pro shop so can prob pick up a cheap one there - will let you know how I go!

990B Luva
20th November 2011, 11:34 PM
Stand bag here. I have a Ping Latitude V2, nice and light, good legs and it's really comfortable.

Zeusgolf
20th November 2011, 11:47 PM
Cart for rain or hot days(extra water) oh and when my leg and toe is broken :-/

Carry for normal days or nine holes....when I'm well.

idgolfguy
21st November 2011, 01:56 AM
Get a stand bag with full length dividers.

TheAwesom1
21st November 2011, 06:04 PM
do the staff bags fit on the buggies?

timah!
21st November 2011, 06:09 PM
do the staff bags fit on the buggies?

Haven't you asked that before?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

TheAwesom1
22nd November 2011, 03:01 PM
the reason asked is because im looking at staff bag from gco.

Yossarian
22nd November 2011, 03:02 PM
Depends on the buggy, but generally yes.

TheAwesom1
22nd November 2011, 03:16 PM
Thx mate

timah!
22nd November 2011, 04:24 PM
the reason asked is because im looking at staff bag from gco.

The reason isn't important, the search function is.