PDA

View Full Version : Any Photo Shop experts out there ?

3oneday
15th November 2011, 02:10 PM
I need to make a tap disappear, but it needs to be flawless and I need a cap or something on the pipe where the tap was, anyone able to assist without spending too long on it ?

Jarro
15th November 2011, 03:00 PM
Not I .... ;)

.. but i must ask .... why ??

Moe Norman
15th November 2011, 03:07 PM
want it done to all 3 pics, or just one?

won't take long at all

3oneday
15th November 2011, 03:11 PM
It is a pool gate, to gain access to the gate from the other (non pool) side you either need to either:

a) scale a 12 foot fence
b) scale a 6 foot fence
c) escape through one of our windows in the kitchen or pantry

Once you have succeeded in doing one of the above (into an unused part of the yard), you can then place your foot on the tap and climb the pool gate.

The tap is 70cm from the top of the gate and thus illegal. We have had the certifiers out so many times they have now said when you either move the gate or move the tap, send us a picture and we'll certify it for you. Wankers.

3oneday
15th November 2011, 03:12 PM
want it done to all 3 pics, or just one?

won't take long at allJust one Moe, probably pic 2 or pic 3 I think, I can email you a larger one if that is easier too ?

Jarro
15th November 2011, 03:14 PM
It is a pool gate, to gain access to the gate from the other (non pool) side you either need to either:

a) scale a 12 foot fence
b) scale a 6 foot fence

Once you have succeeded in doing one of the above (into an unused part of the yard), you can then place your foot on the tap and climb the pool gate.

The tap is 70cm from the top of the gate and thus illegal. We have had the certifiers out so many times they have now said when you either move the gate or move the tap, send us a picture and we'll certify it for you. Wankers.

Ahhhh, ok then ;)

Good luck :)

Moe Norman
15th November 2011, 04:35 PM
PM has been sent, waiting on e-mail of pic.

Might just do one of the attached as I'm going out

Moe Norman
16th November 2011, 11:13 AM
done, tried to make it look like I used gap filler over the hole

AndyP
16th November 2011, 11:15 AM
I find the hose sitting below where the tap "used to be" amusing.

just
16th November 2011, 11:21 AM
Can you photoshop a whippersnipper in there too, it may be needed.

Moe Norman
16th November 2011, 11:28 AM
I told him via e-mail to clean his yard.

AP, the image can be cropped to remove the hose!

PS: any kids drown, don't tell me

timah!
16th November 2011, 11:34 AM
New pool laws = stupid.

3oneday
16th November 2011, 11:45 AM
Can you photoshop a whippersnipper in there too, it may be needed.It got stolen along with all my other power tools ! I'm thinking roundup would be more effective though ;)

I told him via e-mail to clean his yard.
Maybe you could photoshop the grass out for me, save some time ??? :lol:

New pool laws = stupid.Yessir.

Daves
16th November 2011, 06:42 PM
New pool laws = stupid.

They are and they aren't. We are going through the same pain at the moment, and you just shake your head at some of the thinking. All driven by a mother who won't admit she was partly responsible for her child's drowning. The if onlys rule the world it seems. The problem is that kids can get through or into anything. Here are some video examples, I defy any fencing to stop a determined kid with this climbing ability. Constant vigilance is the only answer, but the if onlys can't seem to accept that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtppCQt07sc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiRVxNMjU8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epiPYNG3Xxk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUoYOY14Zu0&feature=related

rodders
16th November 2011, 07:23 PM
Ask Mark Harvey what he thinks of pool laws.

Hope this doesn't bite both of you on the arse.

3oneday
16th November 2011, 08:26 PM
This is a 2nd pool gate, so I'm comfortable. Plus if someone can scale all the things they need to scale, what's a 4 foot gate gunna do ?

Regardless, some people have a commonsense approach to things and some people are politicians ;)

Ned
16th November 2011, 08:33 PM

a) scale a 12 foot fence
b) scale a 6 foot fence

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-16/harvey-testifies-at-drowning-inquest/3674610?section=sport

3oneday
16th November 2011, 09:43 PM
Ooooh, I'm pooing my pants.

It's so very very far away from any relevance one might think you fit the politician category ;)

markTHEblake
16th November 2011, 09:57 PM
If a kid can climb a gate like that he should be able to swim.

Shadesy
16th November 2011, 10:00 PM
If a kid can climb a gate like that he should be able to swim.

My little one is 9 months and has been swimming lessons for 8 weeks now! This was my exact theory!

I have a pool and by the time he's old enough to get into the fence he will be able to swim well enough to get to the side! It's amazing what they can do already at 9 months!

golfbound
16th November 2011, 10:03 PM
lol my 4 year old has been going to lessons since she was 6 months, she just got her cert for swimming 500m solo last week

Ned
16th November 2011, 10:12 PM
Ooooh, I'm pooing my pants.

It's so very very far away from any relevance one might think you fit the politician category ;)

Until something happens to cause them to look at it.

AndyP
16th November 2011, 10:24 PM
My 4 year old doesn't want to and won't swim and would sink to the bottom.

I felt I needed to post it to counter the other kids.

just
16th November 2011, 10:39 PM
This is not a go at Shadesy specifically, so don't take it as such. If a young child does fall in without parents or others around there is a good chance that they will panic and drown, even if they are a champion swimmer. There are plenty of stories about very young kids who could swim yet still drown. Swimming instructors will tell you that swimming lessons are no substitute for parental supervision for very young children. Anyone who gives their kids lessons and then thinks this means they can supervise their kids less around pools needs a good gut kicking.

Having said all that the pool fence laws have gone overboard, and unfortunately, as with the "my kid can swim so she's apples" mentality, there will be idiots who think "I've got a big ****ing fence so I don't have to worry" and won't supervise their kids and kids will drown anyway. The message should be teach your kids to swim, put appropriate fencing around the pool, but above all supervise your kids.

golfbound
16th November 2011, 10:45 PM
This is not a go at Shadesy specifically, so don't take it as such. If a young child does fall in without parents or others around there is a good chance that they will panic and drown, even if they are a champion swimmer. There are plenty of stories about very young kids who could swim yet still drown. Swimming instructors will tell you that swimming lessons are no substitute for parental supervision for very young children. Anyone who gives their kids lessons and then thinks this means they can supervise their kids less around pools needs a good gut kicking.

Having said all that the pool fence laws have gone overboard, and unfortunately, as with the "my kid can swim so she's apples" mentality, there will be idiots who think "I've got a big ****ing fence so I don't have to worry" and won't supervise their kids and kids will drown anyway. The message should be teach your kids to swim, put appropriate fencing around the pool, but above all supervise your kids.

Well said

I know at my mates kids swimming they push the kids in clothing and all to help prepare them if something was to happen but agreed kids should be supervised at all times.

Moe Norman
17th November 2011, 12:55 PM
funny, there are no laws surrounding pool fencing in England and there is no evidence to suggest that more children drown as a result.

accidents are accidents, this nanny state is getting ridiculous

just
17th November 2011, 01:06 PM
funny, there are no laws surrounding pool fencing in England and there is no evidence to suggest that more children drown as a result.
Until I see I see stats that say otherwise, I would say that's pretty flawed on a few levels. Pool fencing is fine, pool fencing taken to illogical levels is silly.

accidents are accidents, this nanny state is getting ridiculous
The "nanny state", latest political strawman. Governments are just responding to lobbying. Blame the lack of personal responsibility. For example , the news article linked previously in this thread or people in flood prone areas complaining about dam management when the real issue is that they bought or built in a flood prone area, et al.

3oneday
17th November 2011, 01:31 PM
I wasn't going to bother, but I will.

The story you and Rodders referred to went along the lines of this, that there was a BBQ that the kid could climb on and that the parents had complained about the safety of the fence. ANYONE with commonsense, renters or owners, would NOT be relying upon the landlord or a workman to make something right if it had the potential to endanger their child. It lacks commonsense, pure and simple !

Now, to simplify it for you even further, so as to justify my approach and our angst at this situation:

My house is placed to one side of my property, this side of my property is not used by anyone other than myself to dump rubbish for my annual rubbish removal. You cannot access this part of the yard unless you force open a padlocked fence/gate that is bolted to the house and is 12 feet high. From the certifiers perspective, I could use that as a boundary fence if it was BOLTED shut, not padlocked. Maybe an infant has picked a lock at some stage that we are unaware of ?

If that gate was bolted, I would fail because I have a two windows that access that part of the yard. One window has deadlock on it, but granted, if a 5 year old would climb onto my sink, slide open the window and jump through the flyscreen to the ground 8 feet below, then yes they could climb onto the tap and enter the pool area. I assume after they recover from their injuries and maybe they may cut their foot on a knife whilst climbing onto the sink ?

The other window is also deadlocked, however if they forced that one open they could feasibly fall a higher 10 feet, although given how athletic these rules allow for, could quite possibly leap from the window clear over the pool gate. This would look quite spectacular but given some of the vids that Daves posted, not impossible.

We also have a window from the laundry which looks into the pool area, ie one could also climb into the laundry tub, open the window and jump into the pool. However this window is allowed and not an issue. It takes them into the pool area so I can only assume as they don't have to climb the gate it doesn't count ;)

The other access is a boundary fence, 6 foot, which would need to be scaled firstly. I'd assume that if a little kid can climb that then they'd be able to use the brickwork to scale the 4 foot gate. Alternatively they could do a backward somersault, just for effect :)

I let my 5 and 10 year old swim whilst I am outside and not necessarily inside the pool area. When I have to go away from their view, I ask the 5 year old to hop out until I get back. She knows the rules and does so. This is a commonsense approach, and if more folk had commonsense less kids would drown.

just
17th November 2011, 01:40 PM
So you agree with me then.

3oneday
17th November 2011, 02:42 PM
Yes, I was going to say just that but it seemed inadequate. ;)

Peter
17th November 2011, 06:46 PM
Longest 3OD post ever!

Jarro
17th November 2011, 07:15 PM
I can't believe his little one is 5 years old already :shock:

3oneday
17th November 2011, 08:05 PM
Longest 3OD post ever!sorry, last one this year ;)

I can't believe his little one is 5 years old already :shock:yes, still my baby though ;)

Jarro
17th November 2011, 08:12 PM
yes, still my baby though ;)

Yeah, they always are.

Mine is 11 now