PDA

View Full Version : Membership for a handicap

zacdullard
14th November 2011, 05:31 PM
I have not played golf in a very long time and so my handicap is no longer.

I want to get back into golf so I need to find a club to join, just so I can get my handicap. I don't want to play at this course so I just want it for my handicap, so I can play in open competitions and what not.

I see some people on here have the Robina mega membership, is that my best option or is there a cheaper place that I can join just to get a handicap?

Cheers

TheTrueReview
14th November 2011, 05:56 PM
Have you looked at this thread? http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/20923-Options-other-than-Mega-membership./page2

Ermington_Lad
14th November 2011, 05:57 PM
You could join Shell Harbor Links in NSW for $170 a year and then submit 5 cards for a handicap from any course you like as long as its signed by someone who has a Golflink handicap.

Then play as many midweek comps as you like.

John C

AndyP
14th November 2011, 05:57 PM
Hi Zac

Howlong GC has been joined by a few here, as well as a mate of mine based on my recommendation. I can't remember the exact details, but do a search on this site for Howlong, and you should find a similar thread. Also look at the Howlong website.

You won't be able to play at Nudgee if you get the Robina mega membership.

zacdullard
14th November 2011, 06:05 PM
Yes I have played Howlong before, I grew up 15 minutes from it. If I was to join there would I need to take a holiday and put my handicap cards in there?

golfbound
14th November 2011, 06:20 PM
mate i can do you one shoot me a pm if you like I think is $100.00

AndyP
14th November 2011, 06:20 PM
No, you should just be able to reactivate your old golflink record with them. The others (Eag's, poidda and my mate) definitely haven't played there.

Yossarian
14th November 2011, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forums zac!

Dotty
14th November 2011, 06:52 PM
Welcome back, Zac. What's kept you away - study, cars, girls or beer?

ps. Being under 23, you should be able to get a membership at a decent course, without paying the full joining fee. (That's what I did many years ago.)

MAZA68
14th November 2011, 06:58 PM
Try Windaroo, they have a membership at the moment for $145, which includes Handicap and 4 games included.

zacdullard
14th November 2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome back, Zac. What's kept you away - study, cars, girls or beer?
The last 2, my 1990 grandma car is not really all that exciting.

I'll check windaroo and howlong out further. I have looked at student rates at the courses around me and they are still a little expensive at the moment. I just want a handicap so I can play a few Ozgolf days, the odd open comp and ease back into it.

zacdullard
15th November 2011, 12:16 PM
Try Windaroo, they have a membership at the moment for $145, which includes Handicap and 4 games included.
I think that i am going to go with this option. $135 and 4 free rounds is a pretty good deal I think.

timah!
15th November 2011, 12:39 PM
I think that i am going to go with this option. $135 and 4 free rounds is a pretty good deal I think.

Happy to have you out for a round if you'd like Zac.

MAZA68
15th November 2011, 07:30 PM

I got a similar deal at Hills, would have taken the Windaroo deal if it was running when I was looking.