PDA

View Full Version : Hiya!

catch22
13th November 2011, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone!
Love this site, have been reading for a while (I love drooling over the classifieds and reading about people's handicap adventures, especially the penguin hunter blog guy)

I live/play in country SA, got my handicap at the end of April 2011, started on 29, went backwards for a while to 30, and coming back down again (currently at 25, hoping to reach 19 by April 2012).
Loving the game, totally addicted and I try to take my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter out too whenever I can (he has his own little set of golf clubs)

Anyway, stay cool (34 today) and I hope Jason Day wins today!

Dotty
13th November 2011, 09:36 AM
Welcome aboard. We now seem to have a decent sized SA community here.

ps. Wine maker or serial killer?

catch22
13th November 2011, 09:40 AM
wow that was quick! Thanks, and no I live a bit north so lots of saltbush instead of grapevines!
About to go out for 18, stroke today so hopefully I dont have another 11 like last week! (yes, I am a hacker!)

golfbound
13th November 2011, 09:54 AM
Welcome mate, have a good game

Courty
13th November 2011, 11:29 AM
Welcome catch22!

Tell us what clubs you use, and what's replacing them now that you've signed up. ;)

ddasey
13th November 2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome.

Yossarian
13th November 2011, 11:35 AM
Hi, cool username8)

MegaWatty
13th November 2011, 11:42 AM
Welcome aboard.

catch22
13th November 2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I use:
Rohan golf "forged feel" clubs (I think they are pretty old, and they are fairly "thin" looking) - have a bit of a slice problem with longer irons
Ping G5 23deg hybrid
Bridgestone G33 15deg hybrid
Taylormade R9 with aldida NV 55-s
Maxfli putter
Vokey 54deg
Callaway x-jaws 58

Picked up the clubs/bag for $50 from my boss who upgraded and everything else secondhand. Figure that I should probably get better before I shell out for better clubs!

Might get some upgrades before the next winter season though, especially since I snapped my 3i punching out from a tree today :(
My wedges also need replacing, got them second hand and the grooves are gone (although I need to learn how to use them properly first)

Hamo84
19th November 2011, 02:10 PM
welcome mate, whats your local course?

Dcanto
19th November 2011, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Funky_Cliff
21st November 2011, 09:28 AM
Welcome fellow South Aussie. Good to see another join the forum.

Dotty
21st November 2011, 09:36 AM
(yes, I am a hacker!)
Just as I suspected ... serial killer.

:)

catch22
21st November 2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks again for the welcome everyone!
Hamo - My local course is Whyalla, it's in good nick and it's fantastic that we are lucky enough to have a great course with low fees ($365 per year). Basically possible because of all the volunteers I think (plus recycled water)
dotty - haha well, I did play at Kapunda this weekend (the town where 3 people got murdered earlier this year).
Funkycliff - Love your work, congrats on your achievement! Unfortunately I'll be in QLD for basically all of december (visiting parents in Hervey Bay), would have loved to play on your Victor Harbor weekend!

I hope to play a few more courses next year, so far I have only played Whyalla, Kapunda, Gawler, Regency. I have a mate who is a member at Mt Osmond, so hoping to have a hit there soon.