View Full Version : 2012 Ozgolf Champs - September 1st and 2nd

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Courty
17th July 2012, 09:08 PM
Done. Judged by?

Not me, I wanna win it! :mrgreen:

popper81
17th July 2012, 09:10 PM
Let the ladies of Ozgolf judge it... they are the only ones with any taste (and are game enough to tell you two speds you look silly) ;)

Courty
17th July 2012, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know if Leah is coming this year? She'd be a prime candidate being an Imelda Marcos fashionista-type. ;)

dc68
17th July 2012, 09:16 PM
That sux Dean.

AndyP
17th July 2012, 09:22 PM
How do you go from "Ugly Pants" to "Best Dressed"?

timah!
17th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Leah, FG and Cosmo judging panel?

kev
17th July 2012, 09:27 PM
Has to be The Courty Perpetual Glamour Award from now on.

KristianJ
17th July 2012, 09:30 PM
Has to be The Courty Perpetual Glamour Award from now on. With the Blue Suede Boot as a perpetual trophy.

Haystacks
17th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Best dressed should be fine. It should be won by someone whose outfit (the whole ensemble, as it were) is well put together.

How do you go from "Ugly Pants" to "Best Dressed"?

This make Haystacks sad! :(

PeteyD
17th July 2012, 09:51 PM
Hijacked by hipsters .... the apocalypse is coming.

goughy
17th July 2012, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

That sux Dean.

Yeah. Pita. Was pushing it being fathers day and having another thing on that I was skipping on, but my best mate is having his 40th that weekend now as well now which tipped the scales to staying home.

shazza_rs
17th July 2012, 10:19 PM
Leah, FG and Cosmo judging panel?

So what am I then?

popper81
17th July 2012, 10:21 PM
So what am I then?

Makes Timah! pretty rude in my books, guess he won't win now. ;)

AndyP
17th July 2012, 10:27 PM
Good luck in the Bridge to Brisbane that weekend too, goughy. I'm sure you can fit it in.

PeteyD
17th July 2012, 10:31 PM
So what am I then?
Chopped liver?

timah!
17th July 2012, 10:41 PM
So what am I then?

Whoops, sorry Shaz! I was too busy planning my outfit to do an actual list of potential judges.
At least now you'll have a chance to win :P

Makes Timah! pretty rude in my books, guess he won't win now. ;)

GGF :B Maybe I will think of a nickname for you! :lol:

goughy
18th July 2012, 05:15 AM
Good luck in the Bridge to Brisbane that weekend too, goughy. I'm sure you can fit it in.

Ahhhh such fond memories, you in the distance trying to encourage me, me wishing I was dead. So they still run it on fathers day eh.

goughy
18th July 2012, 05:16 AM
So what am I then?

A contestant?

Eag's
18th July 2012, 05:38 PM
Sorry to say I won't be making this years Champs either. It will be the first one I have ever missed, but due to circumstances out of my control, it is unavoidable :(

Lobsta
18th July 2012, 05:50 PM
Question : I have no official handicap. What do I play off for the champs?

popper81
18th July 2012, 05:53 PM
Question : I have no official handicap. What do I play off for the champs?

I have no say in this, but from memory, Timah! said he played of scratch the first year he played..

timah!
18th July 2012, 05:55 PM
Yep, pretty sure I still out scored Solarman...

Courty
18th July 2012, 06:39 PM
Yep, pretty sure I still out scored Solarman...

:lol:

He was destined to become the NAGA. :mrgreen:

Lobsta
18th July 2012, 06:49 PM
My last (and to date best) score for 18 holes was 46 over off the stick, 10 over nett. I could submit cards to a committee made up of the brightest, soberest, most calculator-having individuals for handicapping. Or use my Friday round for handicapping. Either way, it'll still take several consecutive miracles for me to come within spitting distance of the running.

timah!
18th July 2012, 06:59 PM
As long as you have fun Lobby...
As long as you have fun....

(and beat Solarman... :lol:)

goughy
18th July 2012, 07:50 PM
You learn quick golf ain't that important this weekend. Although sitting around the final hole ragging on those coming in is kind of cool.

sms316
18th July 2012, 08:02 PM
If this field gets any smaller and the WAnker field keeps growing this will be known as the OZgolf Qld Champs

damoocow
18th July 2012, 08:39 PM
Sorry to say I won't be making this years Champs either. It will be the first one I have ever missed, but due to circumstances out of my control, it is unavoidable :(

Damn shame that you and Goughy won't be there Eags...

Lobsta
18th July 2012, 10:57 PM
As long as you have fun Lobby...
As long as you have fun....

(and beat Solarman... :lol:)

You learn quick golf ain't that important this weekend. Although sitting around the final hole ragging on those coming in is kind of cool.

Haha yeah. Very aware that sinking piss is more important than sinking putts for this weekend. And that the coins champ will be spoken about much longer than the champs champ.

Also, on a serious note, does anybody need a lift to or from champs? I'm driving up Friday for the pre champs round and back down Monday after the post champs round. I'm coming from Carina, so anywhere north of there I can pick up. And maybe even some of you southern folk if you ask me real nice or offer me sexual favours. If flights time right, I could even do an airport pickup.

Got a boot that could very easily fit 3 cart bags plus luggage, plus a carton or 2 so could easily take me plus 2 others, maybe 3 others if you pack light and suck in your guts.

Let me know.

Lobby

Cosmopolite
18th July 2012, 11:03 PM
Haha yeah. Very aware that sinking piss is more important than sinking putts for this weekend. And that the coins champ will be spoken about much longer than the champs champ.

Also, on a serious note, does anybody need a lift to or from champs? I'm driving up Friday for the pre champs round and back down Monday after the post champs round. I'm coming from Carina, so anywhere north of there I can pick up. And maybe even some of you southern folk if you ask me real nice or offer me sexual favours. If flights time right, I could even do an airport pickup.

Got a boot that could very easily fit 3 cart bags plus luggage, plus a carton or 2 so could easily take me plus 2 others, maybe 3 others if you pack light and suck in your guts.

Let me know.

Lobby

I will need some sort of transport to and from if someone can kindly oblige. Flying to Brisvegas thursday arvo, dunno where staying thursday night yet.

Will have a big case plus golf gear.

On the monday, will need dropping off at a train station somewhere to get to the gold coast after the post champs game.

Merci beaucoup

Lobsta
18th July 2012, 11:11 PM
I will need some sort of transport to and from if someone can kindly oblige. Flying to Brisvegas thursday arvo, dunno where staying thursday night yet.

Will have a big case plus golf gear.

On the monday, will need dropping off at a train station somewhere to get to the gold coast after the post champs game.

Merci beaucoup

Can help with transport both ways. Not with lodging though.

Cosmopolite
18th July 2012, 11:26 PM
Can help with transport both ways. Not with lodging though.

dont need help with the lodging, just need to know where is an optimum place for the pick up friday morning as will need to book accommodation. Presumably northside somewhere would be the go?

Lobsta
18th July 2012, 11:33 PM
dont need help with the lodging, just need to know where is an optimum place for the pick up friday morning as will need to book accommodation. Presumably northside somewhere would be the go?

Not really an issue. Anywhere north of carina. There are quite a few cheapo motels on Kingsford Smith Drive on the way to the M1 that would be very easy for me to get to on the way up. A lot of those are designated airport ones and should have cheap or free transfers from the airport. In the suburbs of Hendra or Ascot.

Cosmopolite
18th July 2012, 11:46 PM
Not really an issue. Anywhere north of carina. There are quite a few cheapo motels on Kingsford Smith Drive on the way to the M1 that would be very easy for me to get to on the way up. A lot of those are designated airport ones and should have cheap or free transfers from the airport. In the suburbs of Hendra or Ascot.

okies, will start looking and let you know when I have got it sorted.

ddasey
19th July 2012, 03:28 PM
Damn shame that you and Goughy won't be there Eags...

Oi....

damoocow
19th July 2012, 08:26 PM
Oi....

oops and ex-roomies!!

Flowergirl
21st July 2012, 09:43 AM

That is sad. :(

Jono
9th August 2012, 08:53 AM

Oh no ...

You haven't missed one yet, right.

I'll catch up with you next year.

Flowergirl
14th August 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm getting a bit excited about the champs. Really looking forward to catching up with you guys!!! :)

LeftyHoges
14th August 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm getting a bit excited about the champs. Really looking forward to catching up with you guys!!! :)

My form has dropped so dramatically that I'm nearly dreading this. My thinking was that despite being hung over as hell every day some form could carry me through to 30 points each day, but I could be giving the NAGA a shake in my first attempt.

That scares the bejeesus out of me.

sms316
14th August 2012, 03:04 PM
My form has dropped so dramatically that I'm nearly dreading this. My thinking was that despite being hung over as hell every day some form could carry me through to 30 points each day, but I could be giving the NAGA a shake in my first attempt.That scares the bejeesus out of me.If you beat 50 for 2 rounds you are well and truly safe.

PeteyD
14th August 2012, 03:06 PM
You trying to win this thing Lefty? 30 on both days could go close.

LeftyHoges
14th August 2012, 03:29 PM
If you beat 50 for 2 rounds you are well and truly safe.

So a pair of 87's to be clear for the NAGA? I'll hold you to that.

You trying to win this thing Lefty? 30 on both days could go close.

The 30 points was with form. Without, it could be anything! :shock:

sms316
14th August 2012, 03:47 PM
So a pair of 87's to be clear for the NAGA? I'll hold you to that. While Courty is in the field you will be safe.

dc68
14th August 2012, 03:55 PM
Bob is a shoe in for the NAGA. Even if he's not coming.

Courty
14th August 2012, 04:29 PM
So a pair of 87's to be clear for the NAGA? I'll hold you to that.

While Courty is in the field you will be safe.

You got that right. On current form I'd be happy with a pair of nett 87's. :roll:

Tom Waterhouse
14th August 2012, 04:31 PM
You got that right. On current form I'd be happy with a pair of nett 87's. :roll: Noted.

Courty
14th August 2012, 04:32 PM
Noted.

:lol:

Eag's
14th August 2012, 04:47 PM
Oh no ...

You haven't missed one yet, right.

I'll catch up with you next year.

Yep first one I will miss mate.
Hopefully we can catch up next year.

Captain Nemo
14th August 2012, 05:25 PM
You got that right. On current form I'd be happy with a pair of nett 87's. :roll:

Had a sneaky at your Golflink details.....:smt107
I thought ive had a rough patch lately......

Lobsta
14th August 2012, 05:40 PM
Don't worry mate, I'll have to pull off the game(s) of my life to avoid NAGA. Especially if I'm made to play off scratch, in which case, I will speed up play by picking up in the tee box and sitting in the cart and piffing (empty) cans at the rest of you.

kev
14th August 2012, 09:32 PM
Who's collating golflink/handicaps?

shavey
15th August 2012, 01:02 PM
Who's collating golflink/handicaps?

Hoping Pete_RS could look after the scoring aspect per usual. The draw has already been finalised and will be published the Thursday night before the Champs. I've used random.org to put the list together so if you don't like your playing partners, tell them!

sms316
15th August 2012, 01:04 PM
Hoping Pete_RS could look after the scoring aspect per usual. The draw has already been finalised and will be published the Thursday night before the Champs. I've used random.org to put the list together so if you don't like your playing partners, tell them! As long as I am last off bud. You wouldn't want your vodka to suffer an unfortunate contamination.

BrisWesty
15th August 2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Shavey, owing to a whole heap of factors, I may have to dip out. Mildly unamused Jan.

Still need to work through all the issues, but will keep you posted.

shavey
15th August 2012, 01:26 PM
As long as I am last off bud. You wouldn't want your vodka to suffer an unfortunate contamination.

All good there mate, you are playing as a single at the back of the field :razz:

sms316
15th August 2012, 01:27 PM
All good there mate, you are playing as a single at the back of the field :razz: Sweet. I might give dc68 a run for his money.

kev
15th August 2012, 02:11 PM
Sweet. I might give dc68 a run for his money.

The sand trap will be waiting for you on the 18th. :)

Ferrins
16th August 2012, 02:27 PM
What time is last tee off?

shavey
16th August 2012, 02:44 PM
What time is last tee off?

When the last few deposits dribble in I'll let you all know.

popper81
16th August 2012, 03:36 PM
On the look out for a place to stay Friday and Saturday night... Anyone have anything spare?

Lobsta
16th August 2012, 11:57 PM
Shavey does from memory.

shavey
17th August 2012, 09:20 AM
Shavey does from memory.

Sorry, I have a full house but I might have a non-ozgolfer looking for a spot...

popper81
17th August 2012, 09:23 AM
Fingers crossed this maybe sorted now... Cheers anyway lads.

kev
17th August 2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry, I have a full house but I might have a non-ozgolfer looking for a spot...

Is she cute?

damoocow
25th August 2012, 12:43 PM
What time is tee off on the Saturday?

sms316
25th August 2012, 12:52 PM
What time is tee off on the Saturday? Between 11:30 and 12:30 or thereabouts.

Jono
25th August 2012, 01:26 PM
according to the champs tee time thread:

Saturday 1st September, single tee (10th) from 10:53am (Pelican Waters - Blue and Red)
Sunday 2nd September, single tee (1st) from 7:30am (Pelican Waters - Black and Red)

sms316
25th August 2012, 01:27 PM
They told me this morning that they have pushed us back a little on Saturday.

AndyP
25th August 2012, 04:06 PM
5 players have played in every Champs to date, although Eag's is not playing this year.

BrisVegas

Iain

AndyP

Damoocow

Eag's

From the above, we have two winners, BrisVegas and Iain. They both also have the best results on average, while Eag's has the worst.
All players have made the top 4 of a Champs, except AndyP (best 9th).

These guys have played all except one:

marktheblake

peter_rs

Choppa

shazza_rs

Pete and Shaz have played every Champs since their first. Of those, Shaz is the only one to not have a top 3 result (best 11th).

The next group have played 6 of the 8 Champs:

dc68

Bruce

Nudgee

Shavey

Jarro

PeteyD

BrisVegas
25th August 2012, 04:15 PM
5 players have played in every Champs to date, although Eag's is not playing this year.

BrisVegas

Iain

AndyP

Damoocow

Eag's

This group sure is dwindling... :sad:

Ferrins
25th August 2012, 04:22 PM
Are you playing Dion or have you organised a foursome at another course?

kev
25th August 2012, 04:28 PM
This group sure is dwindling... :sad:

Age shall not weary them.

sms316
25th August 2012, 04:37 PM
5 players have played in every Champs to date, although Eag's is not playing this year.BrisVegasIainAndyPDamoocowEag's Who has the most posts but has never attended?

BroKar
25th August 2012, 04:58 PM
Should have a best rookie award

AndyP
25th August 2012, 05:16 PM
Who has the most posts but has never attended? Probably Yossarian.

Eag's
25th August 2012, 05:27 PM

BrisVegas

Iain

AndyP

Damoocow

Eag's

From the above, we have two winners, BrisVegas and Iain. They both also have the best results on average, while Eag's has the worst.
All players have made the top 4 of a Champs, except AndyP (best 9th).

These guys have played all except one:

marktheblake

peter_rs

Choppa

shazza_rs

Pete and Shaz have played every Champs since their first. Of those, Shaz is the only one to not have a top 3 result (best 11th).

The next group have played 6 of the 8 Champs:

dc68

Bruce

Nudgee

Shavey

Jarro

PeteyD

I finish top 3 in every Champs in the drinking department ;)

AndyP
25th August 2012, 05:34 PM
Probably Yossarian. It's 3oneday, then Yossarian. mike has the highest post count from Qld, but he will definitely be there in 2013.

dc68
25th August 2012, 05:43 PM
I finish top 3 in every Champs in the drinking department ;) +1 on attended champs.

Courty
25th August 2012, 05:45 PM
This'll be my 6th consecutive champs.. It's a fixture on my golfing calendar, and I'll keep coming as long as it's still on.

FWIW, I've never placed anywhere except for the minor titles. :roll:

timah!
25th August 2012, 05:46 PM
This'll be my 6th consecutive champs.. It's a fixture on my fashion calendar, and I'll keep coming as long as it's still on.

;)

Courty
25th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah, that too. :roll:

;)

Jarro
25th August 2012, 06:24 PM
It's 3oneday, then Yossarian. mike has the highest post count from Qld, but he will definitely be there in 2013.

If the little bloke shows next year then count me in too :)

BrisVegas
25th August 2012, 08:28 PM
Are you playing Dion or have you organised a foursome at another course?

Don't worry Chris, you'll get to see me at the Champs.

Ferrins
26th August 2012, 07:04 AM
Doubt it, I pulled out weeks ago.

BroKar
26th August 2012, 06:41 PM
Any idea on tee times guys? I have my wife and kids coming for the weekend and need to make sure I get some family time in somewhere

shavey
26th August 2012, 07:00 PM
Any idea on tee times guys? I have my wife and kids coming for the weekend and need to make sure I get some family time in somewhere

Saturday 1st September, single tee (10th) from 11:30am (Pelican Waters - Blue and Red)
Sunday 2nd September, single tee (1st) from 7:45am (Pelican Waters - Black and Red)

AndyP
26th August 2012, 07:07 PM
Who's playing in the dark?

live4golf
26th August 2012, 07:07 PM
Righto then lads, a week to go. What does the betting market look like?

I have it on good authority that the favourite is a OGer with 2 numbers in his name.

AndyP
26th August 2012, 07:12 PM
Righto then lads, a week to go. What does the betting market look like?

I have it on good authority that the favourite is a OGer with 2 numbers in his name.Recent champs form suggests otherwise, but there is a thread with all of the odds.

sms316
26th August 2012, 07:19 PM
Who's playing in the dark? I am, in the morning.

Tom Waterhouse
26th August 2012, 07:21 PM
Recent champs form suggests otherwise, but there is a thread with all of the odds. Betting remains suspended until tomorrow. I need to find out if dc68 is still shanking his way to a 6 handicap.

shavey
26th August 2012, 07:23 PM
Who's playing in the dark?

One of the slow groups possibly? I'll be working with the course to get it slightly earlier but they requested extra times due to club champs.

dc68
26th August 2012, 07:27 PM
Betting remains suspended until tomorrow. I need to find out if dc68 is still shanking his way to a 6 handicap. It will be 6 Tosser.

sms316
26th August 2012, 07:28 PM
One of the slow groups possibly? I'll be working with the course to get it slightly earlier but they requested extra times due to club champs. Won't happen. They're booked.

shavey
26th August 2012, 07:55 PM
11:30am start with 75 minutes of tee times taking us through to roughly 12:45pm. 5:30PM sunset provides 4:45 for a round in cart from the front markers which shouldn't concern even the slowest of groups.

kev
26th August 2012, 07:56 PM
11:30am start with 75 minutes of tee times taking us through to roughly 12:45pm. 5:30PM sunset provides 4:45 for a round in cart from the front markers which shouldn't concern even the slowest of groups.

Depends how many balls I lose... ;)

Eag's
26th August 2012, 10:05 PM

Good luck with that mate ;)

markTHEblake
27th August 2012, 08:49 AM
Andyp you missed one other stat. Run up a list of those who have the most "not finished"

dc68
27th August 2012, 10:07 AM
Chops gets 1st 2nd and 3rd for that Blakey.

BrisVegas
27th August 2012, 10:17 AM
didn't XRay do a no-show one of the Sundays? (apologies if it wasn't him, but I'm sure chops isn't the only one to have done a runner..

BrisVegas
27th August 2012, 10:18 AM
4 more sleeps! Can't wait. 3 comp rounds this year. I am banking on beginner's luck to kick in when I play golf again this week!

shavey
27th August 2012, 10:21 AM
4 more sleeps! Can't wait. 3 comp rounds this year. I am banking on beginner's luck to kick in when I play golf again this week!

Beginners luck? I heard from a good friend of yours that you were taking this seriously and had been practicising :roll:

Bruce
27th August 2012, 10:54 AM
didn't XRay do a no-show one of the Sundays? (apologies if it wasn't him, but I'm sure chops isn't the only one to have done a runner..

I believe during the apocalypse champs he didn't front up for the Sunday.

sms316
27th August 2012, 10:59 AM
PM sent to every entrant re Fri/Sat nights. Let me know if you haven't received it.

BrisVegas
27th August 2012, 12:16 PM
Beginners luck? I heard from a good friend of yours that you were taking this seriously and had been practicising :roll:

rubbish. I don't have any good friends.

Oh and it's been so long since I used my golf clubs that the paint has faded on the wall they are resting against.

Ferrins
27th August 2012, 12:25 PM
Are we playing off the forward tees again this year?

markTHEblake
27th August 2012, 02:46 PM
Chops gets 1st 2nd and 3rd for that Blakey. So is that a confirmation for 3 times?I am only sure about 2

Xray
27th August 2012, 04:51 PM
I believe during the apocalypse champs he didn't front up for the Sunday.

No was there on the Sunday, DNF Saturday.

damoocow
27th August 2012, 10:09 PM
No was there on the Sunday, DNF Saturday.

Xray is my roomie for this champs - am slightly concerned....[I witnessed his mad dash for the toilets during that Saturday round]

Ned
28th August 2012, 02:17 PM
Is sms eligible to still play (and win this if dc68 gets the shanks and or finds a woman) if he has paid up all his dues, but has been benched from the Forum for two weeks?

Marto65
28th August 2012, 02:19 PM
He should be ... he's organised Saturday Night (do do do da do do do do do).

Marto65
28th August 2012, 02:27 PM
May I suggest Suspended or Postponed sentences ...

Let his two weeks start on Monday.

If someone gets six months ... then they deserve to miss the champs.

kev
28th August 2012, 02:31 PM
Took the money and ran eh?

I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

goughy
28th August 2012, 02:31 PM
That's been getting sorted already marto.

Marto65
28th August 2012, 02:33 PM
That's been getting sorted already marto.

Cool ...

Marto65
28th August 2012, 02:34 PM
Make sure you make him beg though ... we all want to see that ..

jaybam
28th August 2012, 02:57 PM
Oh I see..one set of rules for him and another set for us schmucks.....who the **** is running this show ????? Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Marto65
28th August 2012, 03:08 PM
It's not that important an event anyway .... anything thats decided on a countback ...

sms316
28th August 2012, 03:41 PM
Oh I see..one set of rules for him and another set for us schmucks.....who the **** is running this show ????? I hired Jackie Chiles. Stay of execution due to food sales. See people, helping out at the champs does have its perks.

Peter
28th August 2012, 03:43 PM
What did you do?

sms316
28th August 2012, 03:45 PM
What did you do? Posted a naughty pic. Had a brain fart.

goughy
28th August 2012, 04:23 PM
Now that you've let your plan out of he bag it won't work. Ban was stayed as a courtesy to other members who need/want to contact him regarding champs matters/arrangements for Saturday.

LeftyHoges
28th August 2012, 04:52 PM
Posted a naughty pic. Had a brain fart.

God damn it! I miss everything here. First G69'ers pic, now SMS's. At least I got to see Jack's effort with Katy's rear end but I'm not that much of an arse man anyway so all in all, disappointing.

sms316
28th August 2012, 04:59 PM
God damn it! I miss everything here. First G69'ers pic, now SMS's. At least I got to see Jack's effort with Katy's rear end but I'm not that much of an arse man anyway so all in all, disappointing. Different type of naughty mate. Rude word.

LeftyHoges
28th August 2012, 05:16 PM
Different type of naughty mate. Rude word.

Oh....

Bugger! I'm sure it was artistically done at least.

goughy
28th August 2012, 05:23 PM
You really really didn't want to see it. Your life is richer for missing it!

Shadesy
28th August 2012, 06:21 PM
Good Decision from the Mods.

Organizing is hard and takes time, so the more willing to help the better.

AndyP
30th August 2012, 07:54 PM
It's time to pack instead of spending time on here.

BrisVegas
30th August 2012, 07:57 PM
Clubs cleaned. socks ironed. Outfits colour matched. Are we there yet?

AndyP
30th August 2012, 08:04 PM
So.....I'll begin packing any minute now. Oh, and doing up the plan of course.

grumpy
30th August 2012, 08:10 PM
So.....I'll begin packing any minute now. Oh, and doing up the plan of course.

Plan?

Cosmopolite
30th August 2012, 08:11 PM
My packing is long done. On bribie island now chilling out. Had dinner at pacific harbour

popper81
30th August 2012, 08:12 PM
My packing is long done. On bribie island now chilling out. Had dinner at pacific harbour

I hope you have walked Bribie so team "Titty Popper" know where all the pins are located :)

Cosmopolite
30th August 2012, 08:15 PM
I hope you have walked Bribie so team "Titty Popper" know where all the pins are located :)

Unfortunately no. The course is a long way away.

Cosmopolite
30th August 2012, 08:17 PM

popper81
30th August 2012, 08:17 PM

Understandable.... You're excused

AndyP
30th August 2012, 08:28 PM
Plan?Course plan. Mapping out safe green misses, where to place the tee shots, which clubs to use, appropriate times to ride the putter or fist pump, the right amount of calories to consume to ensure peak performance, you know, the stuff that everyone does.

Jono
30th August 2012, 08:31 PM
Course plan. Mapping out safe green misses, where to place the tee shots, which clubs to use, appropriate times to ride the putter or fist pump, the right amount of calories to consume to ensure peak performance, you know, the stuff that everyone does.

You still do that crap?

;)

nudgee
30th August 2012, 08:46 PM
sitting in the lounge at the Perth airport waiting for freaking red eye to take me back to Brissie - 3 drinks down and still have 4 and a bit hours before I take off. Man its gonna be a long flight!

cant wait to be the first ozgolfer to defend the title!!!

AndyP
30th August 2012, 08:49 PM
No, not really. I'm a home course hero these days.

AndyP
30th August 2012, 08:49 PM
Did you get the trophy engraved, Nudg?

Iain
30th August 2012, 09:00 PM
8)

dc68
30th August 2012, 09:12 PM

Awkward silence.......

grumpy
30th August 2012, 09:24 PM
Course plan. Mapping out safe green misses, where to place the tee shots, which clubs to use, appropriate times to ride the putter or fist pump, the right amount of calories to consume to ensure peak performance, you know, the stuff that everyone does.

Sound like Danny working out which bottle of Scotch he is going to empty in the booze cabinet at my place.

nudgee
30th August 2012, 10:21 PM

hmmmm is that the time - gotta catch a plane!!!

I better not forget to bring the cup

nudgee
30th August 2012, 10:22 PM
Awkward silence.......

dont you have some clubs to shine!!!

Lobsta
30th August 2012, 11:19 PM
What day is ugly pants/loud outfit day again?

The one part of this weekend I'm in with a shot of winning...

timah!
30th August 2012, 11:29 PM
Saturday!

Sunday is totally serious!

kev
31st August 2012, 12:38 AM
Saturday!

Sunday is totally serious!
Fortunately I recognise facetiousness when I read it :)

shavey
31st August 2012, 03:16 AM
MUST SLEEP, EXCITEMENT TOO MUCH TO BEAR... it's dark and I just found the caps lock.

OK, let's try this bed thing again...

BrisVegas
31st August 2012, 04:44 AM
Cant sleep either.

PeteyD
31st August 2012, 05:25 AM
Have fun guys and gals.

popper81
31st August 2012, 05:27 AM
Cant sleep either. Same..

dc68
31st August 2012, 05:37 AM
Woohoo me too!!!

dc68
31st August 2012, 05:38 AM
Have fun guys and gals. We will......enjoy the foozball. It's the debil.

PeteyD
31st August 2012, 05:41 AM
Oh I will.

Lucasto23
31st August 2012, 07:24 AM
Are we there yet !!!

Jarro
31st August 2012, 07:28 AM
Have fun guys and gals.

Yep .... play well, drink heaps and laugh hard !

Hope to see you all there next year :)

BroKar
31st August 2012, 07:28 AM
Haha Sunday is serious for some, pretty sure popper wasn't taking it serious based on his pub form ;-)

popper81
31st August 2012, 07:47 AM
Haha Sunday is serious for some, pretty sure popper wasn't taking it serious based on his pub form ;-) 37 points on Sunday mate.... ;) I was "self managing"

Marto65
31st August 2012, 07:53 AM
I thought it was Sh*t Shirt Sunday?

damoocow
31st August 2012, 08:24 AM
Not sure if I missed it or not but have the tee times / groups for Saturday been posted yet?

timah!
31st August 2012, 08:58 AM
Not sure if I missed it or not but have the tee times / groups for Saturday been posted yet?

Yep, in one of the other threads.

Eag's
31st August 2012, 02:15 PM
Have a great time people and I hope the weather is kind to you over the weekend.

Dick Whitaker
31st August 2012, 02:24 PM
Safe as houses Eagsy. Sunny both days. Not warm enough to have pool parties by the 5th hole, but pretty damn good.

Sat - Fine - Min 9, Max 21.
Sun - Fine - Min 8, Max 22.

One last prediction - dc68 to win by 2.

Shadesy
31st August 2012, 02:28 PM
Have a Great Champs Guys and Girls.

AndyP
31st August 2012, 02:49 PM
We've just had a big win at work, so I reckon it's time to knockoff, head home, pack the car and go north. See y'all in a few hours.

Davemason
31st August 2012, 06:40 PM
Good luck for all playing in the Champs this weekend ,

It looks like it is going to be a top weekend with the weather the way it is

And the course will be in great condition with minimal rain for the last few weeks the course will not be swampy.

Bruce
31st August 2012, 06:54 PM
Dammit!

Really feeling like I'm missing out right now. Have heaps of fun everyone.

Haystacks
31st August 2012, 09:15 PM
Yep. Very envious right now.
I hope to be back next year.

Have a great Champs everyone.

AndyP
1st September 2012, 09:19 AM
It is a beautiful day, albeit a little breezy.

I've done my 10k run although it felt like I was still drunk. I hope the head fuzziness settles before I tee off. I've earnt a nice cooked breakfast.

Ned
1st September 2012, 09:49 AM
The driver to defend the Champs with.

Dibs.

sms316
1st September 2012, 10:10 AM
It's blowing it's tits off in places. I dropped 7 shots between 15 & 18. Fun times.

AndyP
1st September 2012, 10:56 AM
Apparently the members went around the first nine in three hours and I didn't bring my headlamp.

sms316
1st September 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm due to finish at 11:30am. Need beer urgently.

Grunt
1st September 2012, 01:54 PM
Enjoy guys & girls. Actually feeling the urge to play golf once again.

sms316
1st September 2012, 02:01 PM
Quick update (pun intended) from the marquis group. GC is battling food poisoning and has used the facilities between 14 & 15 despite popping 5 Imodium. Looking like a long afternoon for him.

AndyP
1st September 2012, 02:03 PM
Lots of wipes on the scoreboard and off for GC.

sms316
1st September 2012, 02:09 PM
***Update***

Make that 6 Imodium.

sms316
1st September 2012, 02:19 PM
No idea, but Hoges is dressed like a homeless person who has slept in pooh all night.

AndyP
1st September 2012, 02:19 PM
There is a group punting on no shanks.

AndyP
1st September 2012, 02:35 PM
Madness it is.

Shadesy
1st September 2012, 03:38 PM
Any clubhouse scores in?

Jarro
1st September 2012, 03:40 PM
DC must be slaying them out there

sms316
1st September 2012, 03:40 PM
First group might be on 17. Some social pair jumped in front of us on the turn. They might be post boosting in the shank thread shortly.

Jarro
1st September 2012, 03:42 PM
How's the cart girl coping ?

Eag's
1st September 2012, 03:43 PM
There is a group punting on no shanks.

Recipe for disaster right there :lol:

dc68
1st September 2012, 04:06 PM
15 points!!!!No shanks.

Jarro
1st September 2012, 04:08 PM
15 pints!!!!No spews.

8)

dc68
1st September 2012, 04:10 PM
Close a couple of times.

sms316
1st September 2012, 04:11 PM
AndyP wants to know what is leading.

dc68
1st September 2012, 04:19 PM

dc68
1st September 2012, 04:25 PM
Scratch that. 31 daves

timah!
1st September 2012, 04:42 PM
Scratch that. 34 Virge.

Tom Waterhouse
1st September 2012, 04:56 PM
AndyP is the new favourite. Even 2 pointers through 16.

Lobsta
1st September 2012, 05:14 PM
Scratch that. 39, Ferret.

sms316
1st September 2012, 05:25 PM
Scratch that. 39, Ferret. Hasn't that **** pulled out yet?

shazza_rs
1st September 2012, 05:26 PM
Can everyone please leave their cards at reception of you haven't already handed them in to Pete or myself.

Captain Nemo
1st September 2012, 05:37 PM
Anyone want Swingbyte straps come see me I've got a bunch and they are free!!!

Lobsta
1st September 2012, 05:41 PM
Anyone want Swingbyte straps come see me I've got a bunch and they are free!!!

I'll grab some off you.

LeftyHoges
1st September 2012, 05:46 PM
How are Titleist and Lefty going on the punt ? Titleist had a win on Piero today. I've got some multis on tonight. Will tell you how I went tomorrow morning. No TAB tonight so gonna be very hard to punt. We'll have to figure something out. Any hot tips???

LeftyHoges
1st September 2012, 05:50 PM
No idea, but Hoges is dressed like a homeless person who has slept in pooh all night. Is today not ugly pants day??? I went as ugly as I could! Flowergirl said she was disappointed that I wasn't as larey / lairy (sp?) as usual but I pointed out to her that today is ugly pants day and the rest of my outfits are stunningly fashionable. I mean really, what's a guy to do???

KristianJ
1st September 2012, 06:20 PM
Is today not ugly pants day??? I went as ugly as I could! Flowergirl said she was disappointed that I wasn't as larey / lairy (sp?) as usual but I pointed out to her that today is ugly pants day and the rest of my outfits are stunningly fashionable. I mean really, what's a guy to do???

Courty's just put a pic of himself up on Facebook with a gentleman in brown slacks, yellow shirt, and an inability to look at the camera. You?

kev
1st September 2012, 06:24 PM
Yep, that was Lefty...

LeftyHoges
1st September 2012, 06:24 PM
Courty's just put a pic of himself up on Facebook with a gentleman in brown slacks, yellow shirt, and an inability to look at the camera. You?

That would be me! ;-)

Marto65
1st September 2012, 06:26 PM
That would be me! ;-)

It's hard look good with red hair, mate.

KristianJ
1st September 2012, 06:27 PM
Having a second look at that pic, was it a slightly chilly morning?

Davemason
1st September 2012, 06:39 PM
Any pics of the first day ???

AndyP
1st September 2012, 06:48 PM
Kev got a few.

Cosmopolite
1st September 2012, 07:00 PM
I got lots of pics. Will try and post some tomorrow

Webster
1st September 2012, 07:13 PM
Where are the round 1 scores?

dc68
1st September 2012, 07:15 PM
In the toilet

kev
1st September 2012, 07:15 PM
Kev got a few.
I need an iPad connection kit to post them otherwise it will have to wait until Tuesday

AndyP
1st September 2012, 07:26 PM
Where are the round 1 scores?1. Ferrins 39. 2. AndyP 35. 3. Titty 34. 4. Virge 34. 31 is next after that, I think.

Tom Waterhouse
1st September 2012, 07:26 PM
Where are the round 1 scores? dc68 had 15 points. That is all.

peter_rs
1st September 2012, 07:28 PM
39 to 15

kingslayer33
1st September 2012, 07:39 PM
dc68 had 15 points. That is all. Tom - why are you spending time at the champs when you should be spending your valuable time making a less annoying ad? Or do you now know how they hit a shank with the best of them?

peter_rs
1st September 2012, 07:46 PM
I haven't checked ferrins bag but has the vibrator putter grip appeared?

TheNuclearOne
1st September 2012, 07:49 PM
Great score on what looks like a tough day by the Ferret.

Webster
1st September 2012, 07:54 PM
1. Ferrins 39. 2. AndyP 35. 3. Titty 34. 4. Virge 34. 31 is next after that, I think.

Thanks, but I'm not that interested in the leading scores. I want to see who is in the running for the NAGA. So please list the bottom half dozen or so, so I know to cheer for tomorrow.

BroKar
1st September 2012, 07:57 PM
Put it this way jack I'm on 21 points in the 3rd group

AndyP
1st September 2012, 07:58 PM
Use the groups as a guide. Worst scores hit off first.

PeteyD
1st September 2012, 08:00 PM
Good to see the standard is up there. Pick your act up ferret

Webster
1st September 2012, 08:05 PM
Put it this way jack I'm on 21 points in the 3rd group

Crikey! I hope you weren't using your iPhone though.

popper81
1st September 2012, 08:07 PM
Yeah Boi.... Getting some fun out!!

BroKar
1st September 2012, 08:07 PM
iPad

Marto65
1st September 2012, 08:08 PM
If timah tries to sell his wedges, don't buy them. They are made from potato.

popper81
1st September 2012, 08:09 PM
If timah tries to sell his wedges, don't buy them. They are made from potato. Love the deep fried wedges

timah!
1st September 2012, 08:10 PM
Chilli wedges?

Ned
1st September 2012, 08:17 PM
Anyone seen the trophy yet?

jaybam
1st September 2012, 08:26 PM
Looks like the sandbagging is going to pay off for the ferret

LeftyHoges
1st September 2012, 08:26 PM
Anyone seen the trophy yet? I believe Ferrins has it with him already...

BrisVegas
1st September 2012, 08:32 PM
Go Ferret! The peoples champion-in-waiting.

AndyP
1st September 2012, 09:01 PM
Ferrins must be a back marker champion by now. It's his to lose.

Jarro
1st September 2012, 09:13 PM
Is the ferrett bailing tomorrow ?

popper81
1st September 2012, 09:28 PM
We think so....

AndyP
1st September 2012, 09:39 PM
No show tonight. His win will have an asterisk next to his name.

timah!
1st September 2012, 09:46 PM
He's studying the course guide...

Daves
1st September 2012, 09:51 PM
Sleeping in a bunker I reckon.

popper81
1st September 2012, 10:01 PM
Scared!!

AndyP
1st September 2012, 10:10 PM
Real champions party on.

popper81
1st September 2012, 11:11 PM
Alright... Is the party in 701?

Captain Nemo
1st September 2012, 11:22 PM
Where all here....!

popper81
1st September 2012, 11:32 PM
Where all here....! Well pm me a number.. Be there soon..

Cosmopolite
1st September 2012, 11:43 PM
Well pm me a number.. Be there soon..

what happened to the tavern??

sms316
2nd September 2012, 09:46 AM
I think dc68 will receive a few nominations for the Blue Balls. BOG might be competitive.

AndyP
2nd September 2012, 09:53 AM
Three holes in.

Ferrins leads.
Virge and Titty 4 back.
AndyP another 2.

Webster
2nd September 2012, 10:06 AM
What about the NAGA Andyp? Who has that stitched up?

AndyP
2nd September 2012, 10:34 AM
No idea. Thru 6

Ferrins leads.
Virge, Titty 3 back.
Andyp 5.