PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 1 August 2005

cazandpaul
1st August 2005, 04:03 PM
Had a seriously bad 27 points :oops: today - just couldn't get into it - probably had nothing to do with playing behind the Gold Coast Vets :shock:

miro
1st August 2005, 04:23 PM
Played at Riverside Oaks on Saturday with my wife. She had her first ever single figure round -shooting 9 over par. Handicap has dropped to 12.7 the lowest its ever been -needless to say she is stoked!

Me, a 5 over, with 4 three putts and a missed birdie from no more than 3 feet. Ahh the game of golf! :roll:

Jarro
2nd August 2005, 03:47 PM
played Windaroo with Keza and Tezza today.

83 off the stick .. 1 under my handicap.

hit driver pretty well most of the round.. think i missed 4 fairways, 3 of them on the back 9.

32 putts ... i'm loving the new putter ...... it rawwwwks 8)

sominc
2nd August 2005, 06:34 PM
Played the best round of my life today. Shot 78 off the stick with 3 birdies (never had more than one in a round) and only 30 putts :P

Found the fairway 11 of 14 times. One word

Stoked

BrisVegas
2nd August 2005, 06:36 PM
Congratulations sominc. 78 is great going! Was that at Indro? My best ever there is about that I think..

Jarro - good shooting. To go under your hnadicap in matchplay is a good effort. You'd have been tough to beat today.

sominc
2nd August 2005, 06:39 PM
yeah was around indro off the back tees :D

Anonymous
2nd August 2005, 07:19 PM
Was it in a comp? It doesn't show up on your golflink.

AndyP
2nd August 2005, 07:36 PM
Chucky, are you doing an audit on everyone's scores?

Anonymous
2nd August 2005, 07:51 PM
Well why do you put them there?

McMw
2nd August 2005, 08:40 PM
had a 7over 42 for the 9 just now... :lol:
OOBs THREE TIMES :lol: :lol: :lol:
all left as well.. :wink: :wink:

pretty much just hit and walk...still tired from the weekend golfing...

sominc
2nd August 2005, 08:55 PM
no wasnt in comp round unfortunately, would have gone down to a 12 :evil:

Grunt
3rd August 2005, 11:04 AM
Played Bankstown this morning, played well but failed to score well, 29 points; could have been anything! :roll: .

First time @ Bankstown for quite a while and was not used to the concrete like greens, if you hit a green on the fly it never stuck no matter how high it came in.

Another alarming thing is that I am too used to sprinkler heads for distances and have lost all ability to judge distances.

I had the dilema (sic) of 2 sprinkler heads no more than 5 meters apart reading 134 & 116 meters each. I went for 134, nice 8 iron, and sailed the ball on the back of the green for it to bounce off into the bunker.

Plenty of shots to bring me back next time

Andrew
3rd August 2005, 11:20 AM
Grant,

Did you love the fairway bunkers on the 1st. Right in driving range, 7 paces between them with 5 foot high faces on a totally flat course.

I played there about 6 weeks ago with a guy who is a golf course architect (Golfer 69 knows him) & use to be a member there. He almost cried.

Grunt
3rd August 2005, 01:30 PM
Yes andrew

And there was another hole on the front 9 like it too

Jarro
3rd August 2005, 01:39 PM
played the wednesday comp at Pacific this morning.

started out great ..front 9 = 20 points, then went par/par to be 25 points after 11 holes 8)

then proceeded to hack my way around for a total of 31 points for the round :( forgot how to swing the clubs .... or i must have started thinking about how well i was playing :roll:

i hate this game :evil:

Flowergirl
4th August 2005, 12:00 PM
Gurgle gurge cough cough - what was that - oh - don't worry - that's just Jarro choking. :wink:

Stroke and putting yesterday. One better than last week - 95 nett 75 doh :oops:
Had two birdies - never had two in a round ( goes to show how bad some of the other holes were) The first on the 3rd par three looked like it was going in the hole off the tee. Finished only about 12 " from the hole. Second on a pretty difficult par 4 - great drive - lovely fairway shot and monster putt. Lovely. :D
I'm caddying tomorrow for Interclub ( pennant for higher handicaps) at the Dunes. Oh I hope the weather is kind. I've never caddied before - should be interesting. :roll:

Jarro
4th August 2005, 12:27 PM
Gurgle gurge cough cough - what was that - oh - don't worry - that's just Jarro choking. :wink:

shudup you :evil:

:wink:

amanda
4th August 2005, 01:49 PM
I'm caddying tomorrow for Interclub ( pennant for higher handicaps) at the Dunes. Oh I hope the weather is kind. I've never caddied before - should be interesting.  :roll:
Just make sure the buggy you're pulling has a seat! And chat to your player about anything but golf :)

Flowergirl
4th August 2005, 03:31 PM
Good advice Amanda.......I probably would have been guilty of focusing too much on the golf instead of helping her relax. Thanks :D

Grunt
4th August 2005, 04:22 PM
I have found in my pennants game i was always forgetting that I had a caddy. Was alway putting clubs away and reaching for the buggy to push it along.

Flowergirl
4th August 2005, 04:30 PM
Mmmmmm....not sure if I'm happy to be someone's "slave for the day" :D

Jarro
6th August 2005, 01:23 PM
shot a blistering 92 around Nudgee today.

Hit the driver superbly, irons were first rate .... and i chipped and putted like a scratch marker...

.. can't for the life of me work out how i shot 21 over par :? :wink:

oz
6th August 2005, 02:49 PM
Couldn't hole a putt today.  Made 1 putt outside 4 feet all day, and missed a couple of short ones, too.  35 points. :?

Fishman Dan
6th August 2005, 03:22 PM
Gross 86 (Nett 69, +4). Sitting 3 shots behind 2nd place in the champs, a gross 82 would have been handy.

No 3 putts but didn't sink the 4-5 footers, including a fairly straightforward birdie putt.Drove well most of the time, but there was some crap golf played.

One in the creek and one OB didn't help either. Generally got the feeling i threw it away today.

3oneday
6th August 2005, 03:48 PM
Gross 86 (Nett 69, +4). Sitting 3 shots behind 2nd place in the champs, a gross 82 would have been handy.how many rounds to go Dan, just the one ??

Pete

Fishman Dan
6th August 2005, 03:56 PM
Pete - yeah, 4th round next week. I was 12 behind the leader :shock: (now in A-Res) and 3 behind 2nd place, but a good round next week could still upset things if results go my way. Nett 69 wasn't that bad, but i think gross 80-82 would have been great for next week.

jimandr
6th August 2005, 06:09 PM
Played quite well today in the monthly medal. Perfect weather, but pins in very difficult spots. Really only played two bad holes for double bogeys, dragging me down to 79, net 73.

Fairways = 9 of 14
Greens = 9 of 18
Putts = 33, two three putts, one birdie
Up and Down = 3 of 5
Sand Saves = 1 of 4.
1 Penalty

peter_rs
6th August 2005, 06:10 PM
Played Riverlakes monthly medal today.

Had a 71 net (gross 94).

Shaz had a 71 net (gross 93)

Drove like a spastic (loosing them left and right), got myself out of the crap (only in crap when i played the "smart" play) well though. Putted like a champion.

Shaz was all over the place with the driver. Was hitting her irons well. Putter was hot and cold.

Shaz almost killed our playing partner. Some guy called Blair off a 12 handicap. He was telling her how to play........ lets just say she isn't fond of being told what to do.

sominc
6th August 2005, 09:46 PM
played a social 9 holes today had gross 40 not too bad, didnt drive that bad irons wernt too shabby but no distance control :( putter was average

McMw
6th August 2005, 10:38 PM
18 holes this morning...and had an OOBs on the short par3 12th (3rd hole for the morning)....
how it happened, I'll never know... :oops: :oops: :oops:

anyway, still managed to get round in 6 over...with too many missed birdie chances...not good for MM/3rd Rd Qualifying... :(

cazandpaul
7th August 2005, 04:59 AM
Caz had first round of business ladies championships - 81 net 73 (par 73) - to be running second - she's happy :)

Pinglauncher
7th August 2005, 04:13 PM
Very Very ordinary 29 points today :oops:

Trung
7th August 2005, 05:44 PM
85 Sat
83 Sun

:D

Grunt
7th August 2005, 06:26 PM
Got up 4 & 3 in my pennants match today, see my pennant thread for full report. :lol:

McMw
7th August 2005, 08:10 PM
had an embarrassing 85 today....9 over for the front nine, managed to stayed there until the last 4 holes... :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll:

amanda
8th August 2005, 12:10 PM
Won the Chick of the Walk quarter-finals 6&5 against a 36 and 16 h/c pair (we were 22 & 35 h/c)

Made par on the 14th hole to seal the win :)

One small blemish - my partner doesn't think she did anything wrong when she grounded her club in a hazard while taking practice swings - her claim - she was 2m from the ball and it's a stupid rule :shock: Thank goodness the other team won the hole - if our opponents weren't going to ping her for it - I was.

markTHEblake
8th August 2005, 12:23 PM
if our opponents weren't going to ping her for it - I was.

:shock:  

then again you are an accountant ;-)

3oneday
8th August 2005, 01:12 PM
she was 2m from the ball and it's a stupid rule  :shock:   Thank goodness the other team won the hole - if our opponents weren't going to ping her for it - I was.ask her if she practises in a bunker as well ?? :roll:

:lol: :?

amanda
8th August 2005, 01:16 PM
blakey - my belief is that golf is all about honesty - if she wasn't going to fess up then I couldn't in good conscience take a win on a hole knowing that we (the team) incurred a penalty.

Flowergirl
8th August 2005, 02:04 PM
Is this the same one that does her block?

cazandpaul
8th August 2005, 03:11 PM
Caz and I played a charity day at our course - Caz 37 points (runner up) Paul 32 points.

Day was in aid of the family of one of the Club's directors who died of a tragic mistake in hospital aged 41(?) with 3 young children. :(

amanda
8th August 2005, 03:22 PM
Is this the same one that does her block?yep :oops:

Flowergirl
8th August 2005, 03:31 PM
Is this the same one that does her block?yep  :oops:

Chuck a club at her...and a rule book. :shock:

Well done to Caz......but what a sad event to play in. :(

TS
8th August 2005, 06:22 PM
blakey - my belief is that golf is all about honesty - if she wasn't going to fess up then I couldn't in good conscience take a win on a hole knowing that we (the team) incurred a penalty.

In matchplay, grounding the club in a hazard is lost of hole.

amanda
8th August 2005, 06:41 PM
Tony - I think that was exactly what I was implying - I would have forfeited or conceded the hole if I had a good enough score to win it 8)