PDA

View Full Version : Sureshot GPS

fredstar
1st November 2011, 05:58 PM
I have had one of these for about 6 months and like the way it works. However the website and managing courses aspect of it sucks. I went to Northern Ireland on a week long golf trip and because of some glitch on the site I could download courses from any country (including Vatican City) but not Northern Ireland. Many emails back and forth couldn't solve the issue so I went without my GPS. Very pissed off! Now I am off to NZ to play a few including Kidnappers and now I cant log in, manage courses or anything like that on the website. If you are thinking of buying one consider the crappy support that comes with it.

Has anyone else had similar issues or is it just me?

Steve57
1st November 2011, 06:25 PM
Haven't had a problem with mine until now. Can't log in to download courses as it says that the server is down.

Dotty
1st November 2011, 07:42 PM
Did you just upgrade to v3.16.6 of their software?

I downloaded courses to two units on Sunday, and was prompted about the software upgrade. Since then, I haven't been able to get past the 'Checking Resgistration' phase, when trying to download another course. And a message to allow sureanalysis.exe access through the firewall. (I'm running MacAfee and Windows 7.)

I suspect v3.16.6 may have bugs.

Email sent to Sureshot support tonight.

Steve57
1st November 2011, 08:14 PM
Did you just upgrade to v3.16.6 of their software?

I downloaded courses to two units on Sunday, and was prompted about the software upgrade. Since then, I haven't been able to get past the 'Checking Resgistration' phase, when trying to download another course. And a message to allow sureanalysis.exe access through the firewall. (I'm running MacAfee and Windows 7.)

I suspect v3.16.6 may have bugs.

Email sent to Sureshot support tonight.

Exactly what has happened with me.
Thanks Dotty.
Let me know if you get a response if you would please.

Cheers
Steve

Lagerlover
1st November 2011, 08:18 PM
+1

TheTrueReview
1st November 2011, 09:38 PM
...If you are thinking of buying one consider the crappy support that comes with it. Has anyone else had similar issues or is it just me?

I have had one for about 3 years. Inevitably, I had a couple of issues along the way. Different to you, I've always found them to be responsive and genuinely trying to find the solution to the issue.

Steve57
1st November 2011, 09:52 PM
It's now working guys!!!
Must have just been their server.

fredstar
1st November 2011, 10:01 PM
Cool, was able to download courses again. Thanks guys.

However Northern Ireland is still not on there. Bizarre! (and no, it isn't under UK)

Steve57
1st November 2011, 10:04 PM
Cool, was able to download courses again. Thanks guys.

However Northern Ireland is still not on there. Bizarre! (and no, it isn't under UK)

There are 48 courses listed fred!
What are you looking at?

Dotty
1st November 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks Steve.

It must have been my polite and detailed email made it through to their techos, rather than their legal dept. ;)

Steve57
1st November 2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks Steve.

It must have been my polite and detailed email made it through to their techos, rather than their legal dept. ;)

Lol :lol::lol:

fredstar
2nd November 2011, 03:43 PM
There are 48 courses listed fred!
What are you looking at?

Can't see on mine. Here is a screenshot of menu. I am using a Mac too.

fredstar
2nd November 2011, 03:44 PM
^ that was useless, can't read it

Steve57
2nd November 2011, 04:44 PM
Fred,

Go to here: http://www.sureshotgps.com.au/search.php

D (http://www.sureshotgps.com.au/search.php)o a dropdown on the country and Northern Ireland is listed in the top part of the list.