PDA

View Full Version : SA: EOI - SA Champs weekend 2012

Chris32
27th October 2011, 01:38 PM
Just putting this out there to gauge some interest

Thinking of organising a Champs style weekend in the Riverland at some stage in 2012

Seeing the kind of interest we are getting for local games I am unsure if we would get the numbers together for a proper champs style event, but either way I think with a bit of notice and planning if we
can get say 12+ to the event I'm sure it would be a bit of fun.

Dates - Open to discussion, but most likely won't be summer due to the heat they can get up there. Maybe try and tie it in with a long weekend?
Adelaide Cup day is the 12th of March, and Queens Birthday is the 11th of June

Venue - At this stage I have been in contact with a mate of mine, Jamie Clutterham, who is the Pro at Renmark
Renmark has excellent resort style accommodation, as well as cheap cabins, it has a decent course and is within a short'ish drive to other courses in the region

Format - Open to suggestions. I was thinking 2 rounds over the 2 days, either both at Renmark, or another at Berri. It would have to be a Stableford comp for the overall, with maybe a gross score prize as well
In terms of prizes etc, Jamie has said he can offer some prizes from the Pro Shop, and I'm sure everyone wouldn't have any issue putting a few $ towards a overall prize

Costs - TBA, depending on what we decide on. At the moment until I get numbers, I can't really bargain with the Resort for some good rates, but they have indicated they will be interested

Discuss.......

Flavzz
27th October 2011, 03:28 PM
Love the idea Chris. I'll be keen for it with some notice.

timinsa
27th October 2011, 03:55 PM
Two words. I'm in.

BrentonJ
27th October 2011, 04:08 PM
+1 for sure would be awesome!! expect not in feb + march as ill be in Europe

Murray Downs could be a goer as well

nadg63
27th October 2011, 04:23 PM
Yep, sounds good to me - note I will be away though from 14th June until 28th July so if it fits in with that brilliant!

LeftyHoges
27th October 2011, 04:28 PM
Expresion of Interest for this thread. If its close enough I may be able to do something but definitely not promising anything.

I'm in Portland, VIC so anything will be a stretch but if the stars align you never know...

timinsa
27th October 2011, 09:50 PM
Murray Downs is in Vic. This has to be played in SA. Millicent would be bloody textbook! Or Millicent/ Mt Gambier if the Renmark gig isn't to everyone's liking.

jasonb
27th October 2011, 09:52 PM
Chris,
I would be keen , is it something you would bring consider bringing your family to? , I know you have 2 young ones as do I , it could be away to get the ladies involved and for them to mingle etc, Then we could say its a weekend away!

Chris32
28th October 2011, 09:40 AM
Chris,
I would be keen , is it something you would bring consider bringing your family to? , I know you have 2 young ones as do I , it could be away to get the ladies involved and for them to mingle etc, Then we could say its a weekend away!

Yeah I have thought about it a little, at this stage I am undecided really. I know the Resort itself is reasonably kid friendly, I guess its just a question of what will they do while we spend the day playing golf?

Without kids I guess they could go on a day trip to Banrock Station!

marcel
28th October 2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds good Chris, as soon as a date is set I'll see about roster maneuvering as appropriate

LeftyHoges
28th October 2011, 01:32 PM
Murray Downs is in Vic. This has to be played in SA. Millicent would be bloody textbook! Or Millicent/ Mt Gambier if the Renmark gig isn't to everyone's liking.

Mt Gambier was in great condition when I played 2 and a bit months ago. And should probably be better over the coming months with the new greenkeeper.

Millicent is ALWAYS top notch. But understand if these are too far away from Adelaide. And there's bugger all for anyone to do in Millicent! (Although there is always the winery visits to the Penola area. The ladies could easily spend 48 hours drunk off their collective faces there) :-)

Funky_Cliff
28th October 2011, 03:34 PM
Am definately keen guys.