PDA

View Full Version : Special: Last minute travel hiccups...

shavey
14th October 2011, 06:53 AM
Haystacks flight out of Newcastle delayed by 90 minutes, due for arrival into Brisbane at 10:00am so we should be there around 11:30am

Depending on how we are travelling, we might need to move his group back.

Haystacks
14th October 2011, 07:02 AM
I'd forgotten what a good perv it is at the airport though...plenty of time for looking! :roll:

PeteyD
14th October 2011, 07:09 AM
Good luck haystacks, hope you get there.

KristianJ
14th October 2011, 07:57 AM
Not much perv material at Gate 34 at the Sydney domestic terminal, sadly...

BrisVegas
14th October 2011, 07:58 AM
KJ, Jono and virge are running an hour late too. If anyone has ferrin's number, please let him know and pass on one of their numbers.

PeteyD
14th October 2011, 08:02 AM
If anyone ends up really late I am heading up this evening.

Wonder if it is worth calling the hotel to see if there are any last minute cancellations, guess it wouldn't be at the ozgolf rate though.

KristianJ
14th October 2011, 08:02 AM
KJ, Jono and virge are running an hour late too. If anyone has ferrin's number, please let him know and pass on one of their numbers.

He posted in the bus thread so he must know of our delay.

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2011, 08:15 AM
Good luck boys.

shavey
14th October 2011, 08:20 AM
If anyone ends up really late I am heading up this evening.

Wonder if it is worth calling the hotel to see if there are any last minute cancellations, guess it wouldn't be at the ozgolf rate though.

I emailed Krystle mate but you may as well call. If not, rollaway might be your next best option.

PeteyD
14th October 2011, 08:39 AM
Ta Shavey. I might call and book tonight a bit later in the hope of squeezing in Satdee as well. Website says rooms are there tonight (at least 1 anyway).

BrisVegas
14th October 2011, 09:04 AM
ox and I are on the road and will be able to fit a couple of bodies from maroochy airport just after 10am. my number is in the contact list

Outcast
14th October 2011, 10:38 AM
Ferries, Cosmo & I are at Maroochydoe AP now. Waitin on the boys from Sydney. May or may not be further delay, not clear at present

goughy
14th October 2011, 11:22 AM
Grunt might new lucky he isn't coming this year. He probably wouldn't be able to lift his arm after everyone finished punching him in his shoulder!

KristianJ
17th October 2011, 05:24 PM
Sitting here at Brissy airport with a 25 min delay on my flight back to Sydney...my phone battery's got no chance of holding on and work tomorrow is gonna be agony.

virge666
17th October 2011, 07:45 PM
Sitting here at Brissy airport with a 25 min delay on my flight back to Sydney...my phone battery's got no chance of holding on and work tomorrow is gonna be agony.

Weather issues or more whinging mechanics ?

Dotty
17th October 2011, 07:57 PM
It said Brissy, so it'll be Baggage Handlers reading the champs threads.

KristianJ
17th October 2011, 10:31 PM

Inbound plane was held up in Sydney apparently. Got in the door an hour ago and for some stupid reason I'm posting here instead of catching up on shut eye. :roll:

Haystacks
18th October 2011, 12:24 PM
...and just to **** me over once more, got on the aircraft at Brisbane a 6.15pm, got off the aircraft at Brisbane at 6.45pm! Get on a bus, drive 30 metres, get off bus and get on another aircraft. Finally get back to Newy at 10.15pm only to find no ****ing taxis!:smt093

Finally got home at about 11.45pm. Thankfully I had the foresight to take today off...how are you travelling KJ?

KristianJ
18th October 2011, 12:31 PM
The boss shouting me a coffee has probably saved me from a write off of a day. :)

Dotty
18th October 2011, 02:21 PM
Just got home now. Passenger floor of the car cannot be seen under soft-drink bottles, pie foils, chip bags, chocolate wrappers and coffee cups.

On the upside, the main client doesn't know that I was away for 5 nights. Thank you Mr Laptop and Mr Hotel WiFi.

Cosmopolite
18th October 2011, 02:33 PM
Just got home now. Passenger floor of the car cannot be seen under soft-drink bottles, pie foils, chip bags, chocolate wrappers and coffee cups.

On the upside, the main client doesn't know that I was away for 5 nights. Thank you Mr Laptop and Mr Hotel WiFi.

Thats a healthy diet Dotty.......

Cosmopolite
18th October 2011, 02:36 PM
I left brisvegas today to fly to tassie and when I got to the airport discovered I didn't get my requested aisle seat. Had a rant about it but still didnt get one. I asked them what is the point of me paying for the Q club/FF etc and having a profile that specifies an aisle seat?

goughy
18th October 2011, 03:09 PM
I blame grunt

AndyP
18th October 2011, 05:56 PM
Yep. He needs take some personal responsibility for the problems listed above.

Grunt
18th October 2011, 06:10 PM
I know it is all my fault, all because I choose to spend my days off not working. Sorry guys.

kingslayer33
18th October 2011, 08:14 PM
I left brisvegas today to fly to tassie ...

Bloody hell you will have done some miles by the end of this trip Cosmo.

Coffs_Hacker
19th October 2011, 07:26 AM
I know it is all my fault, all because I choose to spend my days off not working. Sorry guys.

you have too many days off

Cosmopolite
19th October 2011, 08:00 AM
Bloody hell you will have done some miles by the end of this trip Cosmo.

Yep and still gotta do the tassie to Perth leg