PDA

View Full Version : Would you nominate anyone?

rodders
29th September 2011, 10:06 PM
Just got home from an interview with a potential new club.

Nice guys interviewing me but after the speil of why they go through this process, one of them tells me that they used to be a member of a NSW club (no names) where the proposer and seconder would be asked to resign if the proposed member was rejected by the club!

Bloody hell - would you propose anyone with that hanging over your head?

TheTrueReview
29th September 2011, 10:10 PM
Just got home from an interview with a potential new club.

Nice guys interviewing me but after the speil of why they go through this process, one of them tells me that they used to be a member of a NSW club (no names) where the proposer and seconder would be asked to resign if the proposed member was rejected by the club!

Bloody hell - would you propose anyone with that hanging over your head?

Sounds like an embellishment on the story teller's part.

But to answer your question, no however I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that carried on with that shyte.

sms316
30th September 2011, 06:57 AM
Sounds like an embellishment on the story teller's part.

But to answer your question, no however I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that carried on with that shyte.
Might work ok at Logan. :razz:

live4golf
30th September 2011, 07:54 AM
No way.

chappy1970
30th September 2011, 10:35 AM
Rodders are you willing to share the name of the potential new club?

Dotty
30th September 2011, 10:50 AM
Could it be that the proposer and seconder would be asked to resign, if the proposed member was ejected (ie. banned/suspended) from the club?

mike
30th September 2011, 11:34 AM
I vaguely remember hearing this 10 years ago when I first joined my club. I doubt it would ever be enforced.

Peter
30th September 2011, 02:02 PM
There are plenty of people I would still nominate.

TourFit
30th September 2011, 02:33 PM
Zigwah...?

Daves
30th September 2011, 06:00 PM
Could it be that the proposer and seconder would be asked to resign, if the proposed member was ejected (ie. banned/suspended) from the club?

And then I would think only if there was a undisclosed past/history that the Proposers knew, or should have know.

petethepilot
2nd October 2011, 11:34 AM
That definitely is the case at 'the Hong Kong Golf Club' formally Royal Hong Kong! Also, you are limited to 5 nominations throughout your membership. Makes them choosy about who they nominate. Added that your membership costs a couple of hundred thousand in the first place, membership rights are somewhat special.

Saying that, they let me play there so they can't be too choosy.

Pete