PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Waters - A heads Up!

petethepilot
23rd September 2011, 06:45 PM
Those of you going to the champs in a few weeks, here is a hot tip!

****** DON"T HIT IT IN THE BUNKERS*******

I went and had 9 holes there the other day. Not much has changed. On the front nine, a few bunkers have been removed and the swale short left of the Par 5 3rd is a bit shallower. EXCEPT that most of the sand has been replaced with seriously soft fluffy white sand. Looks great but hit even a chip into it and it will plug! Some high flighted shots will end up completely under ground.

Just thought I would warn you!

regards,

Pete

jaybam
23rd September 2011, 06:55 PM
Can't be worse than last year??

AndyP
23rd September 2011, 07:04 PM
Awesome! It's the same as Wally Park then.

Ferrins
23rd September 2011, 07:13 PM
Who watches you play a bunker shot anyway,( unless it's jaybam trying to poke you in the arse with the rake handle) just place another ball on top of the sand and blast it out.

Cosmopolite
23rd September 2011, 07:16 PM
oh lordy, how do I tell my ball to keep out of them?

jaybam
23rd September 2011, 07:20 PM
Who watches you play a bunker shot anyway,( unless it's jaybam trying to poke you in the arse with the rake handle) just place another ball on top of the sand and blast it out. What makes you think that was the rake handle big boy ???

Ferrins
23rd September 2011, 07:24 PM
What makes you think that was the rake handle big boy ???

Better bring your Kendo kit if your going to stand behind me again.

jaybam
23rd September 2011, 07:28 PM
**** that. That would mean I have to play with you again and if that happens we are both a good chance at the naga.

Ferrins
23rd September 2011, 07:29 PM
No way, I'm a consistent single figure golfer again.

jaybam
23rd September 2011, 07:36 PM
Hahaha aha I challenge you to play with me on he Saturday then. Will see your single figures gone by the 9th.

peter_rs
23rd September 2011, 07:49 PM
Awesome! It's the same as Wally Park then.

Are u serious... Is that because of the flood

AndyP
23rd September 2011, 11:04 PM
Are u serious... Is that because of the floodYep, new sand in the bunkers equals pluggy goodness. Not that there are too many bunkers.

sms316
24th September 2011, 08:01 AM
Those of you going to the champs in a few weeks, here is a hot tip!

****** DON"T HIT IT IN THE BUNKERS*******

I went and had 9 holes there the other day. Not much has changed. On the front nine, a few bunkers have been removed and the swale short left of the Par 5 3rd is a bit shallower. EXCEPT that most of the sand has been replaced with seriously soft fluffy white sand. Looks great but hit even a chip into it and it will plug! Some high flighted shots will end up completely under ground.

Just thought I would warn you!

regards,

Pete
+1. They're ****ed.

The rumour doing the rounds is that they used the wrong mix of sand when they renovated the bunkers. The club have been trying to tell us that the bunkers will settle down in time. Doesn't look like they have been settling at all.

(ps - PTP - thanks for the invite).

dc68
24th September 2011, 08:47 AM
+1. They're ****ed.

The rumour doing the rounds is that they used the wrong mix of sand when they renovated the bunkers. The club have been trying to tell us that the bunkers will settle down in time. Doesn't look like they have been settling at all.

(ps - PTP - thanks for the invite).

They stuffed it at Pacific too about 6 years ago... They are still saying it's settling.

Daves
24th September 2011, 08:50 AM
How long has the new sand been in? Reddie Bay dumped heaps of beach type sand in our bunkers when the rain finally stopped (June?) and we had the same plugging issues etc for a while.They seem to have settled since that last lot of good rain we had a few weeks ago.

Ferrins
24th September 2011, 09:00 AM
We can make our own local rule that if plugged in bunker then you can place it in the bunker.

markTHEblake
24th September 2011, 10:03 AM
Seems reasonable idea Ferrins. Ozgolfers have been setting local rules to suit themselves for years in the champs so why not.

Eag's
24th September 2011, 10:08 AM
No probs..as long as you drink Pimms n Lemonade in the bar and sit down to pee.

:lol:

Seems reasonable idea Ferrins. Ozgolfers have been setting local rules to suit themselves for years in the champs so why not.

I have been to every Champs Blake and I am yet to see anybody changing the rules to suit themselves.

Care to give us some examples?

AndyP
24th September 2011, 10:14 AM
We ruled the bunkers out of play on the Sunday last year.

Wasn't there some preferred lie thing a few years ago that some people missed the tip on or something?

That said, placing because they are plugged is lame.

Eag's
24th September 2011, 10:20 AM
Yes the bunkers were out of play last year for obvious reasons.
AP, I think the preferred lie drama was at Kooralbyn?
From what I remember, half the field took preferred lies and the other half didn't. That was just a communication break down though not people changing the rules to suit themselves.

markTHEblake
24th September 2011, 10:29 AM
Care to give us some examples?The select few with GPS deciding that they can use them despite the fact that the Rules of golf do not allow them. It is only when the local rule has been adopted or made a condition of competition so I see no problem with anyone deciding for themselves to use preferred lie or make bunkers GUR as they see fit..

Ferrins
24th September 2011, 10:30 AM
What's with all the whining then about plugged lies. I won't even rake a bunker then.

Eag's
24th September 2011, 10:42 AM
The select few with GPS deciding that they can use them despite the fact that the Rules of golf do not allow them. It is only when the local rule has been adopted or made a condition of competition so I see no problem with anyone deciding for themselves to use preferred lie or make bunkers GUR as they see fit..

FFS!! it's the Oz Golf Champs not the bloody British Open :roll:
From what I saw about discussions on GPS devices, nobody had an issue with them?
I don't have one myself, but I would use it if I did.

petethepilot
24th September 2011, 10:55 AM
I would have been happy to invite you SMS but I wouldn't want you to have to put up with my 8 year old, like I had to. BTW, thats how I found out the bunkers were so soft. Sand-castle making next to the 4th green!

goughy
24th September 2011, 12:59 PM
So can i use the gps in my phone at the champs? Actually, I have two devices that can do it!

Eag's
24th September 2011, 01:05 PM
Go for your life mate :)

AndyP
24th September 2011, 01:26 PM
No, you can't, cheat.