PDA

View Full Version : thegolfstorm & thegolfhabit

3oneday
23rd September 2011, 08:43 AM
Both of these sellers have ditched their UPS express service in favour of USPS Priority.

A real shame, but they'll be two more sellers to scrub off my list.

Leon Phelps
23rd September 2011, 09:56 AM
UPS = Awesome
USPS = Fail

Yossarian
23rd September 2011, 10:01 AM
but they'll be two more sellers to scrub off my list.

In all seriousness that should make them sit up and take notice.

Webster
23rd September 2011, 10:24 AM
UPS are terrible. I hate with a passion the brown van of filth.

Have noticed that 3balls now using Fedex "economy" rather than "express". In theory it should be a fair bit slower but the boxes still seem to arrive in 3-4 days?

TheTrueReview
23rd September 2011, 10:35 AM

Have noticed that 3balls now using Fedex "economy" rather than "express". In theory it should be a fair bit slower but the boxes still seem to arrive in 3-4 days?

UPS = highway robbers. Lots of bells & whistles; never had any problems with delivery but just so much more expensive than everyone else.

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2011, 10:53 AM
Will never EVER use UPS again. EVER. I bought a club in the US that had to travel 3 hours up the highway to a friend who was collecting a boxload of stuff for me. Snapped. And i'm not just talking snapped, the box was virtually sheared in half. OK, not a problem, will get the insurance payout to replace the shaft (mainly just bought the club for the head anyway but could've sold the shaft for a tidy sum). Nope, no go. UPS claimed insufficient packaging, insurance won't cover. And because I was neither the sender or receiver I couldn't do anything about it. And because the receiver was not the purchaser of the club UPS wouldn't listen to him either.

Worst experience ever.

I don't understand the ragging on USPS, you get what you pay for. If you want to pay double to get it here quickly via FedEx you do so. Australian customs holdup is hardly USPS's fault.

3oneday
23rd September 2011, 11:22 AM

Have noticed that 3balls now using Fedex "economy" rather than "express". In theory it should be a fair bit slower but the boxes still seem to arrive in 3-4 days?yes, if shipped Monday their time they still get here Friday. More expensive though. Maybe freight costs have risen or they are targeting the higher dollar here (which is under parity again :()

wayne23
3rd October 2011, 04:42 PM
I purchased a new driver from thegolfstorm on 22nd September including $60 for UPS Worldwide Express (delivery 1-3 working days). Received notification through ebay that payment had been received and item posted that same day.

I waited until 30th September and then enquired where is my club?

Reply came back 1st October "Sorry I do not show the club as being shipped I will send it out today ups sorry for the delay". Still no tracking number supplied after two requests.

Great service?

3oneday
3rd October 2011, 08:21 PM
It won't ship UPS either, when it eventually does :).

wayne23
6th October 2011, 08:49 PM
Club arrived today via UPS Saver inside a week.

However did not provide tracking number and overall I rate service and communication as bad.

I will not deal with them again!