PDA

View Full Version : Shoes..Shoes..Shoes

Jarro
9th June 2004, 06:05 PM
hey folks ....

.. i need another pair of shoes as a backup to the Traxion Tours i'm wearing now.

Does anyone know of some good bargains floating around :?:

What shoes do you all wear :?: comments ...... criticisms.......... :?

drunken
9th June 2004, 06:08 PM
why not another pair of the traxion tours 8)

jaster
9th June 2004, 06:11 PM
There is a big difference between a "traxion tour" and a "Z traxion tour"....all I can say is "DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR"

jaster
9th June 2004, 06:12 PM
What size shoe do you take??

gazgolf1
9th June 2004, 06:50 PM
hey folks ....

.. i need another pair of shoes as a backup to the Traxion Tours i'm wearing now.

Does anyone know of some good bargains floating around :?:

What shoes do you all wear :?: comments ...... criticisms.......... :?

Still lovin these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28082&item=3681563892&rd=1

Jarro
9th June 2004, 06:58 PM
What size shoe do you take??

think the Traxions are a 9.5 mate :?

Ona
9th June 2004, 07:47 PM
wait a minute...

You want a pair of "back-up" golf shoes ?

What planet are u guys living on?

(was thinking of a way to ask whilst retaining the humour i felt when i read your posts.. couldnt)

jaster
9th June 2004, 07:54 PM
wait a minute...

(was thinking of a way to ask whilst retaining the humour i felt when i read your posts.. couldnt)

You miss the point, backup means that you can rotate 2 pairs which I have done myself (1 for practice and 1 for play) over the past year and I have got a lot more wear out of my shoes than I usually do. Backup also means getting a bargain now before your shoes fallout mid round and then you have to fork out $$ that you weren't ready for! You can also buy the backups in a different colour to match different outfits, especially if you are a metrosexual like Jarro (not that there is anything wrong with that :P)

Courty
9th June 2004, 08:06 PM
I have worn nothing but Adidas for the last few years, I have 2 pairs atm. The oldest pair (practice) are AD75's, the new pair (play) are ???. Can't remeber, but I got them at Amart on special for $80!

JJJ
9th June 2004, 08:11 PM
Jarro,

3balls have some top of the line Footjoy Premier Classics in stock at the moment. US$130 or there about for a shoe that goes for A$450 or there abouts. MattyM claims they are the best golf shoe money can buy and I tend to trust a podiatrist when it comes to feet....

JJ

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 08:14 PM
MattyM claims they are the best golf shoe money can buy and I tend to trust a podiatrist when it comes to feet....

JJ

JJJ - Those things of MattyM's look too pretty to play golf in.... I'd be too worried about getting them scratched or dirty to relax.

P.S. Welcome aboard. :)

jaster
9th June 2004, 08:21 PM
I have also heard good things about the Footyjoy Classics....but you can't go past the price of those Z traxions on eBay ;)

AndyP
9th June 2004, 08:24 PM
Dexter Mocs for me. Comfy and Trendy looking. Although I think those shoes of Gaz's are even trendier looking.

markTHEblake
9th June 2004, 08:43 PM
JARRO this is your lucky Day.

DougK told me today about this bloke who has 50 prs of Kangaroo Skin shoes, which are being sold for about $50 each.

All i know about them is they are white with steel replacable spikes. Doug says that they are magnificent and i am going to check them out tomorrow. Will let you know what i think.

Now if anyone was happening to be in the vicinity of the Gold Coast - Mermaid Waters on monday it would be worth their while to have a captain cook.

McMw
9th June 2004, 09:30 PM
You miss the point, backup means that you can rotate 2 pairs which I have done myself (1 for practice and 1 for play) over the past year and I have got a lot more wear out of my shoes than I usually do.

hey....I have 5 pairs of shoes here!!! :D

2 of the same Adidas, 1 cheaper adidas, 1 Fj and an Oakley pair...

and yup...I rotate them everyday that I play...and with the number of games I seem to be playing this past few weeks, I think I need to get another pair SOON!!! :lol:

my suggestion - if u're happy with the current pair, buy the same one!!!

AndyP
9th June 2004, 10:22 PM
Still lovin these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28082&item=3681563892&rd=1
Gaz, how much did your shoes cost you all up ($AUS), incl postage, customs, etc?

Ona
9th June 2004, 10:40 PM
your all absolutely bonkers :smt101 :smt115 :smt107 :smt108 :smt017 :smt090

what you want to be able to rotate your shoes incase they have a bad day? didnt quite cut the mustard eh? they need a firm talking to it seems... come on i can see having back up clubs, gloves maybe, balls for sure.. but shoes, like i said i think ur: metal piece designed to hold bolts in place :D

Jarro
10th June 2004, 02:49 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys :)

i seem to remember asking MatthewM this question once before, and he told me the Adidas Traxions were some of the best fitting shoes around... very easy on the feet 8)

I think i might go the same again :idea:

jaster
10th June 2004, 04:11 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys :)

i seem to remember asking MatthewM this question once before, and he told me the Adidas Traxions were some of the best fitting shoes around... very easy on the feet 8)

I think i might go the same again :idea:

He said it was the "Z" traxions, not the normal traxions. Big difference in the sole!

jaster
10th June 2004, 04:15 AM
What does this shoe have it's own scrotum? :smt078

http://www.rockbottomimages.com/images/products/Shoes/NikeGoreTexMaxBlack.jpg

Sorry guys, they are ugly :shock:

gazgolf1
10th June 2004, 06:46 AM
What does this shoe have it's own scrotum? :smt078

http://www.rockbottomimages.com/images/products/Shoes/NikeGoreTexMaxBlack.jpg

Sorry guys, they are ugly :shock:

Stuff you jaster. :wink:

When I'm wearing my Greg Norman shorts and baby crap orange Nudgee GC shirt and red Cleveland hat the Nike Gore-tex max just finish the ensemble off magnificently.
All I'm going to say is lucky theres a train line between the Ipswich motorway and Gailes GC because if passing chicks saw me striding down the 10th they'd drive straight onto the fairway.
And yeah they do have their own scrotum. :roll:

drunken
10th June 2004, 07:00 AM
There is a big difference between a "traxion tour" and a "Z traxion tour"....all I can say is "DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR"

Very true, the Z Traxion Tours are the bomb and you can get them off EBAY for less than the standard traxions sell for in Australia

gazgolf1
10th June 2004, 07:12 AM
Still lovin these;

Gaz, how much did your shoes cost you all up ($AUS), incl postage, customs, etc?

Andy,
I got 6 Nike gloves as well and all up with shipping included (did'nt pay customs) it cost me $125 OZ. :D

gazgolf1
10th June 2004, 08:40 AM
Some one should have told me to suck my gut in. :oops:

burger
10th June 2004, 08:48 AM
Geez, if a bloke was cruel he'd say "I thought you were suckin it in . . ."

gazgolf1
10th June 2004, 09:13 AM
These;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28082&item=3682304913&rd=1

kwantfm
10th June 2004, 10:10 AM
Who's the dude with the Scotty Futura Mid??

McMw
10th June 2004, 10:13 AM
Who's the dude with the Scotty Futura Mid??

can only assume tat would be our H0-Master Nudgee!!! :D

jaster
10th June 2004, 10:25 AM
That would be he :)

As a matter of fact I can see that putter in my bag soon, looks sweet and I really miss my Futura :cry:

Jarro
10th June 2004, 12:54 PM

Very true, the Z Traxion Tours are the bomb and you can get them off EBAY for less than the standard traxions sell for in Australia

any particular seller i should look out for :?:

Iain
10th June 2004, 01:17 PM
Too bad I can't find a pair of size 12's!! I need a new pair of shoes.

Golfgirl
10th June 2004, 02:38 PM
wait a minute...

I have two pairs, which is probably not enough given that I am a woman..... :roll: :lol:

I have Footjoy Classics and Dexters... and they are almost identical to each other (white with taupe saddle)... I should get more shoes to match my other golf oufits.... :P :D

markTHEblake
10th June 2004, 03:54 PM
OK Jarro, i checked out the $60 shoes i mentioned today. I bought one pair, if they didnt have 2 in my size then i would have bought two.

Very comfortable, as kangaroo skin is not stiff. The shoes are quite old style. maybe 15yo, they have obviously been in a warehouse for a long time. Even still have the flap over the shoelaces. They were meant for the Japanese market and we know that they demand quality in their products.

He has a couple of colours and styles, and sizes ranging from 5.5 to 9.0 except for 7.5

You can have a look at my shoes on monday and if you want we can arrange for you to visit his him, about 5mins off the highway

I am the last bloke in the world to buy something just cos its cheap (when i dont need it) , but this time i thought it was well worth it.

McMw
10th June 2004, 04:04 PM
Now that i've really got the hang of the photo posting....here is a fine array of shoes.

only 2 adidas.... :lol:

Jarro
10th June 2004, 04:07 PM
thanks for the tip Blakey 8)

i will check out your shoes on monday. $60 sounds like the right price :wink:

amanda
10th June 2004, 04:16 PM
I can't believe you guys have so many pairs of golf shoes! I have 1 pair - but I'm thinking of looking for something waterproof for winter (if I can afford it!)

reg320
10th June 2004, 06:37 PM
go the z traction tours, I got a pair o/s - great shoe!! I thought I saw them on the golfdigest website for about $90 US.

goughy
10th June 2004, 06:47 PM
The idea of rotating 2 pairs of golf shoes is so that 1 pair can be drying out while you wear the other. It can help in the overall longevity of your shoes. When you play often (many days in a row) letting them "recover" can make them last longer.

Plus you can keep your "good" shoes for games while using older ones for practicing, when traction etc may be less importnant.

AndyP
10th June 2004, 07:54 PM
Don't worry, Gaz, I think your shoes are (in Fat Bastard's voice) dead sexy. :wink: :wink: :lol:

amanda
10th June 2004, 08:23 PM
I hardly wear out golf shoes - I only scratch the outsides - probably coz there isn't much of me to worry about traction!

Ona
10th June 2004, 11:26 PM
Im proud of you two ladies :D good work, you're putting these "men" to shame :wink:

I had a regular partner for mixed comps for a couple of years and she had in excess of 15 pairs of golf shoes :shock: .. she was a buyer for a retail chain and would do her o'seas trips on the cheap and spend most of the companies money on golf gear :P

never did get me anything tho :( :? :) :D

Jarro
16th March 2005, 04:08 PM
still thinking about another pair guys :roll:

any bargains out there at the moment :?:

reg320
16th March 2005, 08:13 PM
Jarro - get down to golfworks at the Gabba - they have some good specials on shoes at the moment. They have Ecco's for under $200 - not a bad deal!

3oneday
17th March 2005, 06:36 AM

any bargains out there at the moment :?:mate, this thread started in June last year, you'll be kicked out of the hoing society/club for taking this bloody long, disgraceful effort [-X . Your filandering over this is almost at Fishman proportions :smt120 , get on with it man...... :smt061

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
17th March 2005, 08:15 AM
Pete, clubs are one thing, but shoes .... well,.. that's another thing altogether :roll:

let's just say i'm working on it :P

AndyP
17th March 2005, 08:49 AM
Pete, clubs are one thing, but shoes .... well,.. that's another thing altogether :roll:

I don't want to hear any more crap from you, in regards to time taken to make a decision.

Jarro
17th March 2005, 08:56 AM

I don't want to hear any more crap from you, in regards to time taken to make a decision.

you are the LAST person who should be saying anything in here :!:

Fishman Dan
17th March 2005, 09:33 AM
51 replies about a pair of shoes??

If it's that hard mate, go out and get y'self some Dunlop Volley's. :roll: :lol:

Jarro
17th March 2005, 09:39 AM

If it's that hard mate, go out and get y'self some Dunlop Volley's. :roll: :lol:

so i see you know as much about golf shoes as you do about golf clubs :roll: :P :lol:

Fishman Dan
17th March 2005, 09:50 AM

so i see you know as much about golf shoes as you do about golf clubs :roll: :P :lol:

Correct. It's all about the legs and feet inside the shoes, not what it looks like in the outside. The sheer white elegence of Dunno's, or the designer-driven, Indo sweat-shop built Nike gear ;)

As the quote from Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrel's says: It's called walking - move one foot, then the other.... the body will follow (regardless of what you're wearing ;)) :lol:

3oneday
17th March 2005, 12:02 PM
move one foot, then the other.... the body will follow (regardless of what you're wearing ;)) :lol:so, you write it, but you don't live it ??? :P :P both of you need to get your fingers out and get on with it............

:P :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
17th March 2005, 12:04 PM
move one foot, then the other.... the body will follow (regardless of what you're wearing ;)) :lol:so, you write it, but you don't live it ??? :P :P both of you need to get your fingers out and get on with it............

Believe me - my finger is already out......

:smt098

Jarro
17th March 2005, 12:04 PM

yes master :smt019 :roll:

3oneday
17th March 2005, 02:31 PM
Believe me - my finger is already out......
yep, so I noticed :shock: , but what does waving them around in your avatar actually achieve ?? :P :P

:lol: :lol:

McMw
18th March 2005, 02:32 PM
donno abt what's in brisbane, but when I was in Perth, mate bought a pair of nikes for 30AUD only...brand new...
think it was becoz they started out at size 11.5 to size 13...

for the ladies, remember Annika's red slip on shoes??? well, they had the black ones (in all sizes) for only 30AUD...that's a bargain, and too bad Jean thought they were ugly... :rolleyes:

Golfbox had some sale on - 50% off all oakley gear (inc shoes) so they were REALLY REALLY cheap for great comfortable wearing shoes...

Ducky
18th March 2005, 05:03 PM
Hey,

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to read all of this thread (so I am unsure as to whether or not you have already made your decision). I know you are mostly against Nike products, but I just purchased a pair of Nike SP5s and cannot speak highly enough of them.

You may prefer the traditional appearance for your golf shoes, but if not, I would recommend checking the Nike SP5s out. I have worn them a few times now, and have found them to be very comfortable (even when it was raining cats and dogs).

They were $150 from PowerGolf in Sydney.

http://img106.exs.cx/img106/3008/sp5shoes8pw.jpg

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
18th March 2005, 06:58 PM
You've been quiet of late, Ducky??

Those shoes are not too bad looking. Although they are not traditional look shoes, they have a traditional sort of look about them. I might keep them in mind when my shoes need replacing.

Do you really think we have it in for Nike?

terryand
18th March 2005, 07:02 PM
Ducky, I'm wearing something very close to them.

They don't have the a swoosh on them ans have one stitched seam down the middle.

Good so far.Still waterproof.

Terry.

Ducky
18th March 2005, 07:23 PM
Apparently they have a waterproof guarantee for twelve months, as well as a comfort guarantee for the first fourty-five days. I thought they may have needed to be sprayed with leather waterproofing solution, but according to the salesman they don't need to be.

I played at Camden Lakeside yesterday (Thursday), and it absolutely pissed down rain. That picture was taken of them after the round (after I had cleaned them), and there were no problems. I couldn't be happier with purchasing them.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

3oneday
20th March 2005, 07:42 AM
I know you are mostly against Nike productsDuck, only to shit stir you mate, if I could get a guarantee that if I used Tigers driver I could hit it half as well as him, i'd do it :wink:

Pete

McMw
20th March 2005, 02:11 PM
I know you are mostly against Nike products

just their god-damn shoes!!!
the rest of their golf gear are great!!!
esp their Ignite driver!!! 8)

gazgolf1
1st April 2005, 12:12 PM
here ya go jarro...get these. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28082&item=7146349314&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

AndyP
1st April 2005, 12:25 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28082&item=7146349314&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
How do these shoes handle the wet, Gaz?

BrisVegas
1st April 2005, 12:32 PM
Ducky,

I've got the same shoes but in brown. They're very comfy and completely waterproof. I've been happy with them since Christmas. I just walked 5 rounds in 3 days in Tassie in them, with no major dramas...

The black ones will probably age a little more gracefully than mine. Having said that, mine come up a treat with RM Williams shoe polish. I just never find the time to look after them... :oops:

gazgolf1
1st April 2005, 12:51 PM

How do these shoes handle the wet, Gaz?

I don't play in the rain Andy but when I've been caught in it they've been great.The lace covering thing really does a good job in keeping the water out. 8)

McMw
1st April 2005, 01:12 PM
someone here has the original goretex...

not too flashy in the wet...

maybe the II is better...

Jarro
1st April 2005, 02:30 PM

hey ....... niiiiiiiice 8)

thanks gaz, i'll keep an eye on those.

AndyP
1st April 2005, 02:51 PM

Jarro, I just read through the rest of the thread.
What happened to getting the Adidas Z-Traxion Tours?

Jarro
1st April 2005, 02:59 PM

Jarro, I just read through the rest of the thread.
What happened to getting the Adidas Z-Traxion Tours?

i might still get some of them yet :?

just wanted to see what else was recommended by the masses :P

Eag's
8th April 2005, 07:35 PM
Just picked myself up a pair of Callaway CG Sport comfort sadles from Golfworks $160 and just like the name says, they are bloody comfortable :D pick below

http://www.golfshoesplus.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalog=3984&mfg=Callaway&page=mf

Onewood
8th April 2005, 07:43 PM
Just picked myself up a pair of Callaway CG Sport comfort sadles from Golfworks $160 and just like the name says, they are bloody comfortable :D pick below

http://www.golfshoesplus.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalog=3984&mfg=Callaway&page=mf

Hey pal the Price is only $80 :roll: So its not $80 each :roll: I don't know you Northeners :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eag's
8th April 2005, 08:37 PM
Oh please Kev, my sides are spliting :roll: :smt016

Jarro
16th August 2006, 09:23 AM
thought i'd dredge up this oldy :roll:

what are we wearing this year ladies ??

Courty
16th August 2006, 09:25 AM
Adidas Tour 360's. Awesome shoes. You should get a pair. ;)

Bloody Ho. :lol:

McMw
16th August 2006, 09:26 AM
got 2 pairs of etonics couple of months ago - great shoes...
1 pair of adidas has torn at the soles, 1 pair is pretty much on their last run, and the FJs have seen better days...

Jarro
16th August 2006, 09:26 AM
thanks Courty, i believe i'll take your advice and get myself a pair.

now i just have to find the USD$300 to get some :roll:

AndyP
16th August 2006, 09:59 AM
I'm still wearing Dexter Mocs. Dryjoy PROs are sitting on a shelf.

Ducky
16th August 2006, 10:28 AM
I'll be wearing the new Nike SP-7s... soon.

Toolish
16th August 2006, 11:01 AM
I have tour 360's also...best shoes I have ever had. RRP is less than $300USD isn't it?

BrisWesty
16th August 2006, 11:01 AM
Niblicks - $50 from A-Mart All Sports

Courty
16th August 2006, 12:29 PM
I have tour 360's also...best shoes I have ever had. RRP is less than $300USD isn't it?

JarHO was just being an idiot. I just came back from Drummonds, they had a few different colours for $229.

Bruce
16th August 2006, 01:02 PM
I picked up pair of FJ eComforts in black a couple of weeks ago.

2 rounds in and enjoying them very much.

Jarro
16th August 2006, 02:17 PM
i'm keen on the Tour 360's .. they look great 8)

markTHEblake
16th August 2006, 03:49 PM
I use these buggars. Etonic G-SOK. Supposedly the 'spikes' are guaranteed to last as long as the shoe, although they dont say it anywhere on their website, they just say it in person.
After a year of walking on cart paths, i'd say that i might be a chance to test this, but they dont wear out anything like a normal rubber spike.

Nevertheless I'd say in another year I'd buy another pair of these again, even though i now have about 6 spare pairs of shoes at home (more than normal shoes)
.http://images.pgatour.com/practicetee/after50/photos/img8340669.jpg

Grunt
16th August 2006, 03:57 PM
So Mark are they not replacable spikes just get new shoes once they wear?

markTHEblake
16th August 2006, 04:25 PM
they are not replaceable, but they are supposed to last longer than the shoe.

Moe Norman
16th August 2006, 06:07 PM
i've got some dry joy pro's on their way over now.

hopefully i have more luck than AP

BrisVegas
16th August 2006, 06:20 PM
i've got some dry joy pro's on their way over now.

cool! Hope they feel as nice as mine. :smt002

goughy
16th August 2006, 06:20 PM
Still using the same fj econtour's from about 3 years ago. Not like mine would wear out.

AndyP
16th August 2006, 06:47 PM
Luck had nothing to do with it. It was my stupidity.

3oneday
16th August 2006, 06:59 PM
I have a pair of etonics, not anything like the ones MTB owns, and they are rubbish. Had a sore ankle after and during every game.

I went back to my old Footjoys...

Ducky
16th August 2006, 08:56 PM
I would really like these:

http://www.westcoastgolfonline.com/images/product/large/DryPremiere50802Medium.jpg

Courty
16th August 2006, 09:06 PM
I would really like these:

http://www.westcoastgolfonline.com/images/product/large/DryPremiere50802Medium.jpg

:smt078

Ducky
16th August 2006, 09:17 PM
Show some American patriotism, Courtney!

markTHEblake
16th August 2006, 09:24 PM
Ducky, my first golf shoes were pretty much identical to that, except the blue toe and heel was a more normal red/white/blue and it also had the flap over the shoelaces in blue. They were from Niblick and were called "Pebble Beach"

Myself and Peter Zidar (now coaching pro at S/Cove) both had them, and we called them the 'clown shoes' - hey if the cap fits?

Grunt
12th January 2007, 02:58 PM
As part of my membership renewal deal @ Macarthur Grange I got a free pair of Adidas shoes, I did not like them and the pro has given me a voucher for use on some others I am going to order some Footjoy AWD's
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9421/57831mediumzg7.jpg
(http://imageshack.us)

CobraSS
12th January 2007, 07:21 PM
nice

Jarro
12th January 2007, 07:27 PM
very nice.

How much do they run for Grant ?

CobraSS
12th January 2007, 07:34 PM
very nice.

How much do they run for Grant ?

and oh yeah (because Jarro forgot to ask) what are these replacing ? :mrgreen:

Grunt
12th January 2007, 07:37 PM
About $150, they are slotting into the gap left by either the Oakley's or the Bite's retirement

goughy
12th January 2007, 07:48 PM
My asics shoes should be here soon :)

Jarro
12th January 2007, 08:48 PM
I might just grab another pair of the Z Traxions ;)

gazgolf1
12th January 2007, 09:27 PM
What about some Tour Issue shoes? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ADIDAS-TORSION-EURO-TOUR-GOLF-SHOES-10_W0QQitemZ170066649234QQihZ007QQcategoryZ137011Q QcmdZViewItem

Jarro
12th January 2007, 09:44 PM
nice Gaz ;)

I wouldn't mind a pair of those

Courty
12th January 2007, 10:12 PM
My asics shoes should be here soon :)

Are they the Asics Conyers? I can tell you a story about them if they are.

goughy
12th January 2007, 10:23 PM
Can't remember. Tell me a story. They're an xmas present so no dollars lost if they were a bad call.

goughy
12th January 2007, 10:24 PM
That'd be them.

Courty
12th January 2007, 10:29 PM
There used to be a guy called Conyers who was a long-serving upper management type at Asics and who was a golf nut (would have fitted in quite well around here by all accounts). He died about 2 years ago from an unexpected heart attack, and Asics decided to name their flagship golf shoe after him as a mark of respect (I believe they didn't make golf shoes before his untimely death). I know all this because I used to work with his daughter.

goughy
12th January 2007, 10:37 PM
OK, so it's a kind of sad story, but in essence not bad for me!

My BIL suggested them 'cause everyone at amart love the asics running shoes and especially their cricket shoes. I actually tried a cricket shoe for the sizing. He said if it dosen't fit they'll just order another size.

By the next time I need new shoes they may have the adidas ranges available to them, especially since they sell some tm now days.

Moe Norman
13th January 2007, 12:03 PM
ASICS weren't making cricket shoes until around 2001.

We used to buy ASICS cross trainers, send them off to the QAS and they would come back with spikes on them. Then I think ASICS muct have noticed all these cricketers wearing ASICS Cricket spikes that they didn't actually make so they started producing them.

Jarro
13th January 2007, 05:17 PM
that's a nice story Moe.

Grunt
14th January 2007, 12:59 PM
As part of my membership renewal deal @ Macarthur Grange I got a free pair of Adidas shoes, I did not like them and the pro has given me a voucher for use on some others I am going to order some Footjoy AWD's
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9421/57831mediumzg7.jpg
(http://imageshack.us)

Shoes ordered this morning, may even have them for next weekend:p

goughy
14th January 2007, 02:27 PM
They have a huge range of footjoys at my club now. There used to be only one or 2 pairs. And man were they cheap. The AWD's were $139, one pair of fj's were under $100 :o My asics retail at $180.

When I bought my fj contours they were like $250 I think. I thought all fj's were priced like that.

Grunt
29th May 2007, 02:29 PM
Shoes ordered this morning, may even have them for next weekend:p
This order fell through with the management change, hopefully will get some soon.

mikezone13
29th May 2007, 02:36 PM
AWD's are a top shoe, very comfy and very cost effective. I paid $125 for mine at driving range in Sydney about 12 months ago.

Will replacing them shortly as they have become a bit discoloured, still very useable though and if I could clean em up properly would still be kept.

Jarro
29th May 2007, 03:49 PM
I'm gonna get a pair of those sexy Adidas tour 360's

Grunt
7th June 2007, 01:41 PM
Got 2 pair this week
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6192/44c7eec1aa994vl8.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7353/ce271bid5.jpg

mikezone13
7th June 2007, 01:46 PM
Got 2 pair this week
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6192/44c7eec1aa994vl8.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7353/ce271bid5.jpg

Where from and how much mate? The white ones look nice.. are they comfy?

Grunt
7th June 2007, 01:48 PM
Got the white ones at Drummond Stocktake sale for 120 & got the Brown ones on Ebay for 100.

Yossarian
28th December 2011, 09:12 PM
Anyone seen any amazing deals on Footjoys?

Johnny Canuck
28th December 2011, 09:15 PM
Wow, two threads in a row bumped with Mikezone13 posts.

Rubes was selling a couple pairs cheap. Big toes were worn out on the sides though.

AlexMc
28th December 2011, 09:31 PM
I got a pair of Icons on eBay for $120 plus $20 postage from the States a few weeks ago. Expensive shoe but completely worth it.

Courty
29th December 2011, 06:33 AM
GPP had some FJ's on close out a while back. I got a pair of Icons for $80. Not sure if there's any still available though.

Daves
29th December 2011, 07:00 AM
Global Golf/Golf Shoes Only (same owner/same stock) is where I usually get mine. They always seem to have FJs on close out.

simmsy
29th December 2011, 08:48 AM
Anyone seen any amazing deals on Footjoys?

Not amazing, but out at Harty they have previous version FJ Sport for $99.

Courty
29th December 2011, 09:00 AM
http://www.gppgolf.com/shoes/golf-shoes?dir=asc&limit=36&manufacturer=389&order=price&price=1%2C100

Shadesy
29th December 2011, 10:35 AM
Not amazing, but out at Harty they have previous version FJ Sport for $99.

I got these at RBG for $79! Threw in a scratch wedge and got it all landed for $159!

@JC... Nice

Yossarian
29th December 2011, 10:53 AM
Hmm I'm gonna duck into golfbox but doubt there will be anything decent.

Puji
29th December 2011, 02:26 PM
got me a pari of FJ Sport w/boa.

absolutely love them.