PDA

View Full Version : Special: 2011 OZgolf Champs - WITB

Ned
21st September 2011, 05:31 PM
Post what crubs will be making the trip with you.

just
21st September 2011, 05:33 PM
You could check the WITB threads and post them here to save us some time and effort.

Ned
21st September 2011, 05:40 PM
You could check the WITB threads and post them here to save us some time and effort.

Whatever Troll just.

just
21st September 2011, 05:42 PM
Whatever pointless post booster.

Ned
21st September 2011, 05:44 PM
Whatever pointless post booster.

Pot.......................

just
21st September 2011, 05:49 PM
Here's a couple of other threads you can start:
What ball are you using for the Champs
What shoes are wearing for the Champs
What glove are you wearing for the Champs
Show us your Champs ball marker

BTW my bag should be pretty much the same but there's still a few weeks to go, so it might change.

Ned
21st September 2011, 05:52 PM
Isnt there Ho of the Champs Award ?

A WITB certainly would help sort out a few choices.

Anyway, start your new threads.

BroKar
21st September 2011, 05:53 PM
Mine won't be changing

R11 driver + 3 wood + rescue
Mizuno JPX800 Pro irons
MPT11 wedges
Ghost spider

timah!
21st September 2011, 05:59 PM
Still not set yet...
:mrgreen:

KristianJ
21st September 2011, 06:13 PM
Driver is TBA, but the rest is set!

Mizuno MP Titanium 15*
Adams Idea Pro Gold 18*
Adams Idea Pro Black 20*
Ping i10 4-PW
Callaway Jaws 52 and 58*
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless

AndyP
21st September 2011, 06:20 PM
just - 6084

Threads
NK - 255
just - 79

Ned
21st September 2011, 06:22 PM
Excellent Moderating Andy................not

just
21st September 2011, 06:23 PM
I really need to up that thread count.:-k

Ferrins
21st September 2011, 06:24 PM
Post what crubs will be making the trip with you.
Hiro Honma M43 1,3 & 5 wood
Brosnan Tour Classics 2-pw
LaJosI coURTy puTtEr

[QUOTE=just;698523]Here's a couple of other threads you can start:
What ball are you using for the Champs- Precept Lady IQ 180 Plus Pink
What shoes are wearing for the Champs - Ecco Hydroguard
What glove are you wearing for the Champs- Vision
Show us your Champs ball marker- A **** ring that I found in the Valley

just
21st September 2011, 06:25 PM
Show us your Champs ball marker- A **** ring that I found in the Valley
In the Zoo Club at the Hacienda?

Ferrins
21st September 2011, 06:29 PM
Nah, in my noodles.

AndyP
21st September 2011, 06:32 PM
Excellent Moderating Andy................notWas there something to moderate? OK, stop calling just nasty names.

Eag's
21st September 2011, 06:40 PM
I will have a set of Bridgestone J36 pocket cavity irons with project X flighted 5.5 shafts.
It was time to finally replace the Pings :)

jaybam
21st September 2011, 06:47 PM
I will have a set of Bridgestone J36 pocket cavity irons with project X flighted 5.5 shafts.
It was time to finally replace the Pings :)

You dirty big ho !

Lagerlover
21st September 2011, 07:38 PM
Mine won't be changingR11 driver + 3 wood + rescueMizuno JPX800 Pro ironsMPT11 wedgesGhost spider Are you sure you want to commit this early Karl??

jaybam
21st September 2011, 07:54 PM
Only thing that might change is the putter.

Courty
21st September 2011, 08:11 PM
LaJosI coURTy puTtEr

:smt023

Jono
21st September 2011, 10:15 PM
Driver: Adams Speedline with Accra shaft from Virge (I've got a Speedline 9064LD head and Fuji shaft waiting to be put together so driver may change)
3W - TEE
Mizuno CLK 17 degree hybrid (This club is in serious danger of being replaced by a 5W)
Nickent 21 degree hybrid
Ping S56 4I to PW
Mizuno wedges 52 and 56 degree.
Putter Pendulum side saddle putter

Not only am I going to leave the 73 degree wedge at home, but I'm planning to leave the 60 degree out as well. I've played without it last couple of rounds and I can't say I missed it that much.

Ferrins
22nd September 2011, 05:35 PM

just
22nd September 2011, 05:37 PM
Must have been at the Hacienda then.

Ferrins
22nd September 2011, 05:48 PM
Under my stool.

KristianJ
26th September 2011, 06:56 PM
Okay, lock this in:

R9 Superdeep 9.5* w/ HD6 (complete with Blues arseclown driver headcover)
Mizuno MP Titanium 15*
Adams Idea Pro Gold 18*
Adams Idea Pro Black 20*
Ping i10 4-PW
Callaway Jaws 52 and 58*
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless

All in a cheap arse K-Mart spec Top Flite cart bag that'll probably travel better than my Ogio stand bag.

And in response to just's probing queries:

What ball are you using for the Champs- Either TP Red LDPs or Nike Tour One Ds
What shoes are wearing for the Champs - Footjoy Sport
What glove are you wearing for the Champs- Callaway Pro Series
Show us your Champs ball marker- Massachusetts state quarter (which reminds me I haven't yet posted my Alabama one to MW...)

BrisVegas
26th September 2011, 07:04 PM
Mine will be as per my sig, no surprises there. Thankfully my 910Fd has turned up form the states in time!

Daves
26th September 2011, 07:06 PM
Mine will be as per my sig, no surprises there. Thankfully my 910Fd has turned up form the states in time!

Nice! Put mine in the bag today and wow!, looong!! and straight. Love the ball flight. I still have the Ahina in it at this stage, Nunchuk yet to be collected.

timah!
26th September 2011, 07:08 PM
Daves, am home this week, let me know when and i'll see what I can do...

Daves
26th September 2011, 07:09 PM
Daves, am home this week, let me know when and i'll see what I can do...

Thanks Tim, will be in contact.

peter_rs
27th September 2011, 11:09 AM
Undecided at this stage, still trying to work out a bag setup

BrisVegas
27th September 2011, 11:15 AM
Nice! Put mine in the bag today and wow!, looong!! and straight. Love the ball flight. I still have the Ahina in it at this stage, Nunchuk yet to be collected.

U playing (note I did not say "gaming") two nunchuks? How many will virge have? Can't wait for a huge range session on the Sat morn.

I realised after a demo day the other week I probably should have ordered the F, not the Fd. I think i like the more compact head of the F better. We'll see I guess. The weighting of the Fd seems better for lower ballflight. I guess it's a backup driver by design, hence the little bit bigger size. I can see it getting plenty of use at the champs on those tight par 4's.

Daves
27th September 2011, 11:27 AM
U playing (note I did not say "gaming") two nunchuks? How many will virge have? Can't wait for a huge range session on the Sat morn.

I realised after a demo day the other week I probably should have ordered the F, not the Fd. I think i like the more compact head of the F better. We'll see I guess. The weighting of the Fd seems better for lower ballflight. I guess it's a backup driver by design, hence the little bit bigger size. I can see it getting plenty of use at the champs on those tight par 4's.

I have acquired said Nunchuk, but have to collect it and get it fitted with a Tip. I will try it with my driver Nunchuk next time I get to the range. I tried both the F and the Fd and preferred the ball flight I get with the Fd. The F seemed to balloon a bit for me. I seem to get a lot of roll out with the Fd, which suits me as I mainly use it off the Tee anyway. Absolutely smashed a few drives with it yesterday, including one ripper into a 25knot headwind.

KristianJ
27th September 2011, 11:32 AM

Ah, yes...if anyone will have a R9/R11 tipped Nunchuk, I would love to try it out at said range session :mrgreen:

timah!
27th September 2011, 11:40 AM

I took the Fd out in Sunday, with the loft up to 16.5* and with the 1/2" tipped ahina shaft in it and loved it. It's definitely 'lowish' ball flight, but doesn't balloon at all.
It could come quite handy for champs with a few more rounds under it's belt...

Eag's
27th September 2011, 11:45 AM
Bridgey shovel irons have been replaced with some Hogan Radials that were an Ebay bargain.
The broken putter has been replaced by a Odyssey #9.
Mizzy driver, hybrids and wedges still intact.

Bloody Ho!

AndyP
27th September 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm tempted to put a 58º wedge in the bag in the leadup to the Champs, as it might get some use in tight spots around the greens.

goonie
27th September 2011, 11:52 AM
Only thing that might change is the putter.

Whats new :D

dc68
27th September 2011, 02:21 PM
Decisions...Decisions.

Dotty
27th September 2011, 02:32 PM
Whatever PingLauncher used last year.

Outcast
27th September 2011, 09:35 PM
Pretty much as it is stated in my WITB thread however, giving serious thought to bringing the belly putter if only to give SMS the shites:mrgreen:

Never met the man but, my he gets wound up on long putters

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:41 PM
Show us your Champs ball marker- Massachusetts state quarter (which reminds me I haven't yet posted my Alabama one to MW...) Nice. I went hunting in the car for the quarter that fell out of my pocket and found it about an hour ago. :)Consider it on the way!