PDA

View Full Version : "Stack and Tilt"

solarman
20th September 2011, 03:56 PM
As most are aware NAGA have serious lower back issues and am I limited with what I can do e.g. no practice or for that matter even practice swings during a round. I get by with great drugs though.

Has anyone who has tried it got an opinion on stack and tilt?

Is it any good especially if someone has lower back issues?

Is it easier on the back or not and is it worth a go?

I know it won't happen but worthwhile advise would be appreciated.

Jarro
20th September 2011, 04:06 PM
I found that when i tried the S&T swing my lower back actually felt a little sore to begin with

sms316
20th September 2011, 04:27 PM
Not many people have got to S&T and become better golfers.

The difference between you and then is that you can't get any worse.

Jarro
20th September 2011, 04:30 PM
All depends what the main weakness in your game is i'd imagine ?

I know just has improved his ballstriking out of sight since trying the S&T method.

markTHEblake
20th September 2011, 04:52 PM
I have seen some hackers try SandT and they turned into rank spastic choppers. Wondering what would be the effect on Solarman then?

haysey
20th September 2011, 05:31 PM
For. ****s. Sake.

You just had anton working for you for how long? Anything you wanted to know he could have told you. But noooo. You have to wait till he ****s off back to Brisbane don't you.

Scifisicko
20th September 2011, 05:32 PM
Ive got a suss lower back and gave it a good go (unfortunately you can still see it in my non S&T chop), feeble way to hit the ball (sorry) but a little easier on my lower back than my attempted 2 plane slash. Id rather put up with a sore back than be my big bashing buddies biatch. That said i think it depends on the nature of your back injury. To get any distance out of S&T your hips need to spin like a top. Thats got to be bad for some types of back injury.

Dotty
20th September 2011, 06:05 PM
What a let down.

I saw the thread title and expected a youtube clip of golf cart antics from the Sesame St crew.

Courty
20th September 2011, 06:30 PM
For. ****s. Sake.

You just had anton working for you for how long? Anything you wanted to know he could have told you. But noooo. You have to wait till he ****s off back to Brisbane don't you.

+1. You'd save a heap of strokes if you worked out how to chip & pitch, than by ****ing with your full swing.

solarman
20th September 2011, 07:06 PM
I'm going to bed now. Good night everyone.

solarman
20th September 2011, 07:08 PM
Not many people have got to S&T and become better golfers.

The difference between you and then is that you can't get any worse.

Very funny meter maid

gazgolf1
20th September 2011, 07:09 PM
Yep, no good for a bad back, they want you to thrust your hips forward on the downswing......ouch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYRLdKk32U

solarman
20th September 2011, 07:10 PM
Ive got a suss lower back and gave it a good go (unfortunately you can still see it in my non S&T chop), feeble way to hit the ball (sorry) but a little easier on my lower back than my attempted 2 plane slash. Id rather put up with a sore back than be my big bashing buddies biatch. That said i think it depends on the nature of your back injury. To get any distance out of S&T your hips need to spin like a top. Thats got to be bad for some types of back injury.

Thanks for that.

petethepilot
20th September 2011, 07:16 PM
Bob,
the easiest thing for your back that I have tried is "Jimmy Ballards Connection type" swing theory (his best known player who used it was Curtis Strange). Releasing the head through the ball (ala Annika Soremstan, David Duval and Robert Allenby) and ending with a straight back in the follow through is very easy on the back and you couldn't say those lot can't play! I can show you a few things at the champs or I am happy to give you a few links if you are interested.

Regards,

Pete

p.s. Name me a player who has won something big playing S & T!!

just
20th September 2011, 07:18 PM
From a perspective that's different from the misinformed turd on this thread, I have a bad back and it's never done me harm, in fact I have had less back problems since I started. It's simple and it simplifies the swing.

solarman
20th September 2011, 07:29 PM
From a perspective that's different from the misinformed turd on this thread, I have a bad back and it's never done me harm, in fact I have had less back problems since I started. It's simple and it simplifies the swing.

Thanks for the input. I may try. Do you have any useful links or stuff you can PM me.

just
20th September 2011, 07:38 PM
I think I still have the DVD's. If I can find them I'm happy to send them to you.

haysey
20th September 2011, 07:39 PM
What dingus actually wants is this swing, built at great expense by Gary Edwin. Belongs to Cairns's current club champion and employee of Solarman.

http://happybandits.com/virge/Virge/Booosh.wmv

Courty
20th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Bob,
the easiest thing for your back that I have tried is "Jimmy Ballards Connection type" swing theory (his best known player who used it was Curtis Strange). Releasing the head through the ball (ala Annika Soremstan, David Duval and Robert Allenby) and ending with a straight back in the follow through is very easy on the back and you couldn't say those lot can't play! I can show you a few things at the champs or I am happy to give you a few links if you are interested.

Regards,

Pete

Bob, I have a video of Jimmy Ballard giving a talk to teaching pros about his swing model if you want to check it out.

solarman
20th September 2011, 07:47 PM
I think I still have the DVD's. If I can find them I'm happy to send them to you.

That would be great thanks. See how you go.
Like I said it is just to see if it eases my back pain and allows me a few practice swings etc during a round.
I enjoy my golf and my feeling is why not try. If it doesn't help, no biggie.

solarman
20th September 2011, 07:49 PM
Bob, I have a video of Jimmy Ballard giving a talk to teaching pros about his swing model if you want to check it out.
Yep good too thanks if you can find it, I'll take it.

Courty
20th September 2011, 08:01 PM
Yep good too thanks if you can find it, I'll take it.

It's on my computer. Give me a hard drive & I'll copy it for you.

petethepilot
20th September 2011, 08:23 PM
"From a perspective that's different from the misinformed turd on this thread, I have a bad back and it's never done me harm, in fact I have had less back problems since I started. It's simple and it simplifies the swing."

Who are you inferring that is both "misinformed" and a "Turd" in this post Just?

Iain
20th September 2011, 08:53 PM
p.s. Name me a player who has won something big playing S & T!!

Zach Johnson.

just
20th September 2011, 09:48 PM
Plenty of misinformation in this thread though which is what I was referring too. Aside from which I doubt there are any pure followers of any system. And then to infer that one type of swing is better or worse physiologically for someone, when everyone is physiologically different is laughable. For example I have a bad back and I follow the S & T thing to some degree and it hasn't hurt my back any, but that's not to say it's the same for everyone else.

BTW I didn't refer to any poster as turd merely information.:roll:

Scifisicko
21st September 2011, 06:06 AM
Zach Johnson.not the best model of S&t for a bad back. Key to this swing for protecting your back is staying stacked. ZJ doesn't do this, at least in part because club is so shut and grip is so strong everything would go left if he didn't clear his hips with a big thrust into a reverse c finish.

virge666
21st September 2011, 08:39 AM
not the best model of S&t for a bad back. Key to this swing for protecting your back is staying stacked. ZJ doesn't do this, at least in part because club is so shut and grip is so strong everything would go left if he didn't clear his hips with a big thrust into a reverse c finish.

Close - the key to protecting the back in any kind of golf swing is the transition and keeping level. When you move up and down with the golf swing - it just smashes your back. compresses the shit out of it.

S&T create torque on the down swing by the way they release the left hip will no lateral slide and the shoulders release upwards. Master this bit of S&T and you back should be pretty pain free.

You can also do it with Single plane theory providing your bad back is flexable.

BUT - the best way to protect your back is to copy professionals such as Stenson, Annika, Duval, Jeev, Rocco and the like. All these players release the entire left side through impact. It is a stupidly powerful move and place very little pressure on the back. The Abs and Core take all the pressure off the back.

sms316
21st September 2011, 08:42 AM
The Abs and Core take all the pressure off the back.
What if you only have one ab?

Iain
21st September 2011, 08:46 AM
What if you only have one ab? To be fair, it's a pretty big ab too.

virge666
21st September 2011, 08:59 AM
What if you only have one ab?

If it is you right Ab - you could go with the right sided swing !

razaar
21st September 2011, 07:26 PM
How does keeping level protect the back? Because the upper body has tilt forward, most of the work in the swing through the core area is with the back muscles - the erector muscles and the loin muscles (quadratus lumborum) which connects the hips to the six lower vertebrae. Sitting on a chair for long periods, is what compresses the spine and over works the loin muscles.

All pros including those mentioned resist with the left side through impact and hit with their right side . Do you mean they allow their head to move forward with the swing after impact. This is what releases the back. Turning the head towards the target with the shoulders makes this happen.