PDA

View Full Version : Practice venue North Sydney - recommendations?

Scifisicko
19th September 2011, 05:28 PM
Im staying at Lane Cove from 1-7th October. Our club champs start on 8th. Are there any practice facilities in the vicinity? If not whats the best option?

BrisVegas
20th September 2011, 08:38 AM
Macquarie driving range, behind the uni at Marsfield. I assume it's still there?

PerryGroves
20th September 2011, 09:01 AM
Depending on what time you are planning on practicing, Moore Park is an option (lights), shouldn't be anymore than 10-15 mins on the weekend, all tunnel. Mid week forget it unless you leave Lane Cove at 7.30/8pm.

Vegas, am sure the Maq. Uni one is still there. Was another one in the industrial estate in Lane Cove, has been gone for a few years.

Scifisicko: Melbourne has the Sandbelt, you are staying in the Shitebelt, surrounded by some of the most ordinary suburban golf courses in Australia, am sure you can wander on to Lane Cove/Cammeray/Northbridge and hit some chips etc

WeekendHacker
20th September 2011, 09:09 AM
The one at Maq Uni is now a car park

BrisVegas
20th September 2011, 09:19 AM
that's a bugger. It was nothing flash, but I could walk there from my old house.

AnthonyC
20th September 2011, 11:55 AM
Could go to Homebush. Been there a few times. Decent venue.17.50 for a bucket of 120. go after 7pm. traffic can be a bit of a shocker.

there are 2 relatively close together. One is called Hudson or Hudsons. The other is Sydney Olympic park golf centre or something like that

http://www.strathfield.nsw.gov.au/page/parks-and-recreation/sporting-clubs-and-facilities/golf-/hudson-park-golf-course/

http://www.sopgolf.com.au/

Jono
20th September 2011, 12:44 PM
From where you are, I think the best option would be Terry Hills (Golf Paradise). It's a short range with a net at the back that any decent golfer can clear but it has covered hitting areas that opens till 10pm if my memory serves me correct. There's also a par 3 pitch and putt course next to it if you want to practice your short game.

Mac Uni range is no more and Moore park would be too expensive (bridge/tunnel fee and the balls are expensive too).

Dotty
20th September 2011, 01:24 PM
Terrey Hills has really, really, really crap golf balls.

Hudson Park (corner of Arthur St. and Centennary Drive, Flemington) is my pick, due to decent mats and nets. Not too crowded outside peaktime, which is 4-7pm. They are doing course renos, so there is no short game area at the moment.

Olympic Park (SOP) is okay, but avoid the area on grand final night (Sun. 2nd.)

Jono
20th September 2011, 01:30 PM
Terrey Hills has really, really, really crap golf balls.

They used to be pretty aweful under previous management when they had those balls with their logo of them. Now they have Srixon range balls (I think) and better thicker mats ... but I haven't been there for over a year so I may be wrong.

Scifisicko
20th September 2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, particularly to WH for saving me blundering around the car park at the back of Maq uni asking where the driving range is. Ill give Hudson park a go and practice my short game on the local shitebelt.