19th September 2011, 08:17 PM
Have you moved from Woodford ???

Ned
19th September 2011, 08:18 PM
Have you moved from Woodford ???

Aaahhh that be CobraSS you mean ?

Nuffie
20th September 2011, 12:57 PM
Royal Bossley ay? The very course my grandparents taught me how to play golf on when I was 3 in 1985!

I have played over 1000 rounds there. Last I heard it is going through a few more changes. New par 3, 12th is in play, old 10th is gone and is replaced by a par 5, some of which made up the former 11th hole.

But beware. ACR is very low due to the course having at least 5 par 4's that are around 250m or less and drivable from the tee. The greens are smallish but have improved a bit over the years since Frank Phillips was the head pro in the mid 1980s. There needs to be a lot more greenside bunkers added IMO to make it play harder.

May I offer a suggestion. Cabramatta golf club is 10 mins away. And having been a full member there for 8 years (am still a social member) would have to say it's hands down the best private track in Western Sydney for the money. Other good options (though a bit more expensive) are New Brighton or Liverpool. Georges River is ok, but not a particularly good course IMO.

bbaggins79
23rd September 2011, 09:22 AM
What about Camden? thats a nice course not CHEAP cheap but for the price it's pretty good.

Nuffie
23rd September 2011, 11:56 PM
Ive had at least 10 rounds at camden (studley park). It's an ok course but cabra, livo and new brighton still better deals for the quality of course. It was a shame they closed camden valley. Camden Lakeside is the resort course of the area but a bit pricey. Dunheaved is worth a look, but not as good as cabra.

Davemason
28th September 2011, 08:35 PM
Aaahhh that be CobraSS you mean ?

yes you are right