PDA

View Full Version : JC vs. Veeman - Sunday, Sept. 18 - The People's Golf Course

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 12:46 AM
http://postalnerd.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/peoples-eyebrow.jpg

Fiiiiiiiiiinally Sor-Rocks has come back to For-est-field.

In the great one's sights is the Rudy-poo-candy ass known simply as Veeman.

The People's Champion will be in attendance to satisfy the millions and millions of Sor-Rocks fans, including the president of Sor-Rock's fan club, Nuffie.

If the Nuffster gets a little too excited while Sor-Rocks is busy checking Veeman into the SmackDown Hotel, he'll have to remind the little Nuffster to know his role and Shut His Mouth!

After Sor-Rocks easily defeats this big Jabroni, he'll cruise into the semi finals to face that fruity guy.

What's your name again sonny?

"Hi Sor-Rocks, my name is Yos...""IT Doesn't Matter What Your Name Is!" sarin.."

With the addition of The People's Putter with C-Groove Technology, Sor-Rocks is predicting an easy 5 & 3 victory.

If you smeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll, what Sor-Rocks...... is cooking. :smt108

MegaWatty
18th September 2011, 12:49 AM
Hey Simmsy. Did you get those screws from Bunnings?

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 12:55 AM
Stay out of The Most Electrifying Man in Golf Entertainment's thread, Jabroni.

Nuffie
18th September 2011, 07:34 AM
Bwahahahah! It appears the People's Champ has spoken.

A possible thunderstorm with squally gusts has been forecast for Perth this morning.

Raincheck: Currenty pi$$in down cats and dogs AND no, not in Kansas anymore (even tho it feels like we are!).

Also to stick with the WWE theme: In the words of JR, it could well be a slobberknocker. Or can JC really bring his A-game and prevail 5 and 3 with some 'sweet chin music'?

Cosmopolite
18th September 2011, 07:52 AM
wind gusts of 70kmh atm

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 07:55 AM
Nuffie, you can take your raincheck, shine it up real nice. Then turn that sumbitch sodways and stick it straight up your candy ass!

Sor-rocks only concern is that The People's Umbrella is currently in the boot of Matty Gook's car.

simmsy
18th September 2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah mate Bunnings!

Seems to be working a treat.

Damn that was windy about an hour ago.

I'm tipping a 6/4 victory for the Veeman simply due do to his COG being closer to the ground. JC is a little too Hocko-ish for today's blowy conditions.

Pieface
18th September 2011, 08:27 AM
Hope the people's champ can cook in the rain! Bwahaha. Veeman to win this...I heard two guys on a train telling me his Father was a mudder....his Mother was a mudder. He loves the slop.

Kinda glad family drama has seen me unable to play at SH today!

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 08:38 AM
Siimsy, Sor-rocks says get your old ass back to bingo.

Pieface, due to you picking against The Great One, Sor-rocks has added you to his "things to do" list. You are right after Mrs. Golfnut.

Pieface
18th September 2011, 08:40 AM
I thought you would have gone for a UFC persona JC. (Ultra F***ing Competitive)

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 09:35 AM
Nice day for it.

Nuffie
18th September 2011, 10:21 AM
Veeman 2 up after 3

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 10:27 AM
Are you getting pissed on?

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 11:13 AM
Sor-rock struggling against V and his little manager.
Pars on 4 of last 5 but still down 4 after 7.

Rain a bitch, off and on. About to get hammered against.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 11:41 AM
8 halved with pars.

V follows up on a bomb on 7 for bird with a chipinski on 9 to halve.

World's unluckiest golfer, Tiger Hamilton!

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 11:45 AM
Ouch. How many shots will veeman be giving me?

simmsy
18th September 2011, 12:02 PM
JC is going down like old Joe Brown!!

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 12:15 PM
Dirty V man hits Sor-Rock with a red velvet chair at the turn when Nuffie distracts the ref. 6 down.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 12:18 PM
Ouch. How many shots will veeman be giving me?

He is off 9. Only a couple over par today. Bandit.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 12:37 PM
Jc wins 12. Hits 20 footer with match on the line to stay alive.

Dormie 5. V gets a shot.

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 03:22 PM
So....

Nuffie
18th September 2011, 04:36 PM
JC goes down 5/4, after Veeman makes a bogey on 14 but JC fails to make a 15 ft birdie to keep the match alive (as Veeman had a shot).

JC couldn't buy a putt, he had a birdie lip out on 7 and lots of first putts in general that came agonisingly close to dropping.

But this takes nothing away from Veeman's performance. It is the best I've ever seen him play. He was consistent in all aspects and did not 3 putt once all day.

The people's champ has gone down, but to a very solid display of concentration. Veeman never looked frazzled at any stage and went about his business calmly and effectively.

Good luck Yoss, your gonna need it.

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 04:38 PM
Time to sandbag some more.

KristianJ
18th September 2011, 04:41 PM
Sor-Rock Bottom?

MegaWatty
18th September 2011, 04:56 PM
Last time JC took the time to do up a thread like this, he went down 6/5.

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 04:59 PM
LOL!

Cosmopolite
18th September 2011, 05:09 PM
Congratulations Veeman on the win. You both deserve medals for even getting out there in this atrocious weather. I only lasted 9 holes this arvo, they even closed our course this morning.

TourFit
18th September 2011, 05:10 PM
If Sor-Rocks was the People's Champion...I must be a dissident!

I never voted for him.

Pieface
18th September 2011, 05:25 PM
The Peoples Champ Chump So-Rocks

Well done Veeman. It sounds like you played excellent golf under trying conditions.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 05:43 PM
Even though he was defeated, Sor-Rocks remains The People's Champ.

Tourfit, ducks don't get a vote and Eddie is the dissident.

Mega, there was a big thread before the Golfnut match. It has become a tradition, simply for the millions and millions of Sor-Rock's fans.

Yoss, you'll have to discuss caps with V. He was quite interested in yours and the fact that it won't be reducing with everyone else's cap tonight. He suggested 10 and played at Harty. He'll also give you 50 for your putter. Good luck.

Nuffster started with 4 x 3pointers in a row, commeted how he was putting for his 5th and then proceeded to bogey everything in sight for a bit. Still, some good golf.

Pieface, never heard of you, sorry.

Cosmo, the weather sucked. We probably changed clothing about 39 times.

VMan. Very solid golf. Insane putts and up and downs. I would have broken your leg if you dropped the bomb on 12.

Sor-rocks, still WA's most successful golfer.

veeman
18th September 2011, 05:48 PM
Veman giving you nothing you need to give me all your scores for the last six months and I will work out your handicap (which is your golf)

veeman
18th September 2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks JC for the game enjoyed the company even Nuffies

Just lucky I guess with some of my shots and putts (thats Golf)

MegaWatty
18th September 2011, 06:08 PM
Even though he was defeated, Sor-Rocks remains The People's Champ. Tourfit, ducks don't get a vote and Eddie is the dissident. Mega, there was a big thread before the Golfnut match. It has become a tradition, simply for the millions and millions of Sor-Rock's fans. Yoss, you'll have to discuss caps with V. He was quite interested in yours and the fact that it won't be reducing with everyone else's cap tonight. He suggested 10 and played at Harty. He'll also give you 50 for your putter. Good luck. Nuffster started with 4 x 3pointers in a row, commeted how he was putting for his 5th and then proceeded to bogey everything in sight for a bit. Still, some good golf. Pieface, never heard of you, sorry. Cosmo, the weather sucked. We probably changed clothing about 39 times. VMan. Very solid golf. Insane putts and up and downs. I would have broken your leg if you dropped the bomb on 12. Sor-rocks, still WA's most successful golfer. You must have some pretty strong safety pins. It seems that none of those tickets you have on yourself blew away today!

Pieface
18th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Even though he was defeated, Sor-Rocks remains The People's Champ.

Tourfit, ducks don't get a vote and Eddie is the dissident.

Mega, there was a big thread before the Golfnut match. It has become a tradition, simply for the millions and millions of Sor-Rock's fans.

Yoss, you'll have to discuss caps with V. He was quite interested in yours and the fact that it won't be reducing with everyone else's cap tonight. He suggested 10 and played at Harty. He'll also give you 50 for your putter. Good luck.

Nuffster started with 4 x 3pointers in a row, commeted how he was putting for his 5th and then proceeded to bogey everything in sight for a bit. Still, some good golf.

Pieface, never heard of you, sorry.

Cosmo, the weather sucked. We probably changed clothing about 39 times.

VMan. Very solid golf. Insane putts and up and downs. I would have broken your leg if you dropped the bomb on 12.

Sor-rocks, still WA's most successful golfer.

It's often hard to hear anything over the sound of talking yourself up more than Mundine.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2011, 06:28 PM
All tickets have been purchased by the millions and millions of Sor-Rock's fans.

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 07:04 PM
Veman giving you nothing you need to give me all your scores for the last six months and I will work out your handicap (which is your golf)

I'll have a handicap by october so no need for scores. It would just work out to 17 if I did anyway which is what the official cap will be I think with the new calculation.

Edit assuming this was directed at me.

Also I would much rather not play it at Hartfield.

veeman
18th September 2011, 07:19 PM
I'll have a handicap by october so no need for scores. It would just work out to 17 if I did anyway which is what the official cap will be I think with the new calculation.

Edit assuming this was directed at me.

Also I would much rather not play it at Hartfield.

Unless your paying I think it might be hartfield

Where do want play then (harty)

My handicap will also be out by then so we will be play off the stick then

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 07:22 PM

You want me to pay for your round at a neutral venue?

Why will your handicap be out by then?

Veefore
18th September 2011, 07:25 PM
Congrats Veeman, commiserations JC.

Veeman, with Yoss's record at Harty I think you would want to play him anywhere but there.

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 07:26 PM
Congrats Veeman, commiserations JC.

Veeman, with Yoss's record at Harty I think you would want to play him anywhere but there.

I've raised the bat a few times!

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 07:37 PM
Does that mean you were going to pay for me to play at Hartfield?

veeman
18th September 2011, 08:19 PM
You want me to pay for your round at a neutral venue?

Why will your handicap be out by then?

Anchor
To make it fair

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 08:20 PM
Are you suggesting that playing off 17 is an inflated handicap for me? that I am in fact a deliberate sandbagger?

Golfnut
18th September 2011, 08:24 PM

Yoss has a JOB now you know ;)

Well done Veeman on taking down the UFC champ.....shame the win didn't knock the shit dribbling part out of him.

Commises JC......I know the loss did nothing to dent your UCness ;)

adlo
18th September 2011, 08:44 PM
Don't play him at home Yoss. This guy has an inflated handicap as is.

If nothing else, this thread was worth it for the OP. Love your work JC, I pissed myself.

Yossarian
18th September 2011, 08:59 PM
I did make me giggle.

I don't want to throw any handicap related aspersions out there.

Golfnut
18th September 2011, 09:12 PM
If nothing else, this thread was worth it for the OP. Love your work JC, I pissed myself.

Here here.....

Adlo......hear about Fiori?

adlo
18th September 2011, 09:26 PM
Adlo......hear about Fiori?
What do you think GN?

We are more or less their premium account.

MegaWatty
18th September 2011, 10:03 PM
Do tell...

adlo
18th September 2011, 10:10 PM
They were appraoched by, and ultimately purchased by Oakover Wines.

Hand over was last week. The only change is the director. All the staff, including the roaster himself, operate as per usual.

MegaWatty
18th September 2011, 10:11 PM
Meh.

simmsy
18th September 2011, 10:13 PM
Cool. My sisterinlaw is one of the Managers out at Oakover,

Golfnut
18th September 2011, 10:14 PM
Free beans!!!

?

MegaWatty
18th September 2011, 10:15 PM
I'll continue to support Adlo. Even if it is just by showing my face at his shop to buy the beans.

Just keeping up appearances.

adlo
18th September 2011, 11:15 PM
Ha ha, GN you are such a wog. Fiori sell their beans cheaper than they should anyway.

Golfnut
18th September 2011, 11:47 PM
They really do mate.....when you consider the $$$'s being charged for some of the rubbish out there.

Really hope this doesn't change what I've come to know as Fiori.

adlo
19th September 2011, 12:03 AM
Oakover were looking to purchase a more consistent cash flow business within a similar industry.

If anything, they are looking to improve the quality of Fiori by buying in some premium micro lots of beans, something which the previous owner Kam preferred not to do at their current size (for reasons I agree with).

Like I said, the business is remaining the same. Kam, the founder of Fiori, had more or less stepped back from the day to day operations for the past 2 years anyway.

Golfnut
19th September 2011, 12:17 AM
I have a feeling he will pop up somewhere else soon enough........I wonder what legal restrictions have been negotiated in the deal? Surely you can't trade mark a roasting/blending process?!?!

Hope your 'buy price' isn't effected to much either mate with the takeover........though I'm sure your loyal patrons won't flinch at a small price rise if it does happen.

AndyP
19th September 2011, 06:58 AM
Shame about the loss, JC, but you are winning with the posting.

MegaWatty
19th September 2011, 07:09 AM
Shame about the loss, JC, but you are winning with the posting. #winning. ;)

Pieface
19th September 2011, 08:09 AM
We know what the Vee in Veeman means now

Veni, Vidi, Vici. He's all up in yo' grill with the Vees!

TourFit
19th September 2011, 11:45 AM
Adlo,

Does that mean that we should expect some new tastes in the otherwise average Oakover Wines...?

Hints of roasted coffee beans, smokey wood notes etc

Yossarian
19th September 2011, 11:46 AM
Fascinating stuff.

TourFit
19th September 2011, 11:48 AM
We know what the Vee in Veeman means now

Veni, Vidi, Vici. He's all up in yo' grill with the Vees!

This might be more to the point...paraphrasing Julius Caesar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xMGRA_FePw&feature=related

dean0820
19th September 2011, 01:37 PM
http://postalnerd.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/peoples-eyebrow.jpg

Fiiiiiiiiiinally Sor-Rocks has come back to For-est-field.

In the great one's sights is the Rudy-poo-candy ass known simply as Veeman.

The People's Champion will be in attendance to satisfy the millions and millions of Sor-Rocks fans, including the president of Sor-Rock's fan club, Nuffie.

If the Nuffster gets a little too excited while Sor-Rocks is busy checking Veeman into the SmackDown Hotel, he'll have to remind the little Nuffster to know his role and Shut His Mouth!

After Sor-Rocks easily defeats this big Jabroni, he'll cruise into the semi finals to face that fruity guy.

What's your name again sonny?

"Hi Sor-Rocks, my name is Yos...""IT Doesn't Matter What Your Name Is!" sarin.."

With the addition of The People's Putter with C-Groove Technology, Sor-Rocks is predicting an easy 5 & 3 victory.

If you smeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll, what Sor-Rocks...... is cooking. :smt108

veeman, congratulations.
letting the clubs do the talking.
we do appreciate the other side of the pond humour though jc, nice work.

Johnny Canuck
19th September 2011, 01:45 PM
veeman, congratulations.letting the clubs do the talking.we do appreciate the other side of the pond humour though jc, nice work. I try to give the people what they want, even in defeat.

Dcanto
19th September 2011, 02:31 PM
I try to give the people what they want, even in defeat.

Did you at least get an opporuntity to do the most electrifying move in sports entertainment history?

Johnny Canuck
19th September 2011, 02:39 PM
It entered my mind, but V man has about 35kg on me.

Nuffie was too easy of a target. Someone will get it dropping on them at Champs.

adlo
19th September 2011, 07:31 PM
I have a feeling he will pop up somewhere else soon enough........I wonder what legal restrictions have been negotiated in the deal? Surely you can't trade mark a roasting/blending process?!?!

Hope your 'buy price' isn't effected to much either mate with the takeover........though I'm sure your loyal patrons won't flinch at a small price rise if it does happen.

He can't roast/wholesale beans in Perth. As simple as that. You sell a business of that value and there are big restrictions.

GN, please pay attention, Oakover aren't looking to change anything. They just wanted a profitable, stable business in their portfolio. Why would they raise prices? Your woginess is confounding me.

Johnny Canuck
19th September 2011, 08:04 PM
Aldo, you're not reading between the lines.

Let me assist.

No Golfnut, you cannot raise you lawn cutting prices for the Fiori account holder.

idgolfguy
19th September 2011, 09:47 PM
Personally, I prefer to keep business discussions off the board.

Golfnut
19th September 2011, 09:50 PM
He can't roast/wholesale beans in Perth. As simple as that. You sell a business of that value and there are big restrictions.

Wasn't thinking of here, that's obvious.....

GN, please pay attention, Oakover aren't looking to change anything. They just wanted a profitable, stable business in their portfolio. Why would they raise prices? Your woginess is confounding me.

Don't kid yourself Adlo, anyone/group who has that sort of $$$'s to throw around (and it was quite a sum) to "add a stable business to their portfolio" is somewhat also going to be, if not already, profit driven. If I where you I'd be preparing for a price hike once the dust settles.
You said it yourself that the beans are being sold cheaper than they should be.....if us mere mortals can see this, what do you think the bean counters are thinking right now? (pardon the pun)

Golfnut
19th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Personally, I prefer to keep business discussions off the board.

This is a WAnker thread is it not? ;)

Yossarian
19th September 2011, 09:55 PM
I think he is coming at it from a different angle.

idgolfguy
19th September 2011, 09:59 PM
Spot on!

adlo
19th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Wasn't thinking of here, that's obvious.....

Don't kid yourself Adlo, anyone/group who has that sort of $$$'s to throw around (and it was quite a sum) to "add a stable business to their portfolio" is somewhat also going to be, if not already, profit driven. If I where you I'd be preparing for a price hike once the dust settles.
You said it yourself that the beans are being sold cheaper than they should be.....if us mere mortals can see this, what do you think the bean counters are thinking right now? (pardon the pun)

Sorry GN, I don't think you understand the inner workings of the coffee industry and I am not going to get into it. The Perth market place is extremely crowded, and that keeps prices low. Fiori would lose A LOT of accounts with a price hike. It is that competitive. So while what you are saying is logical, and may well happen, I think it is unlikely.

Yes, I expect the founder of Fiori to show his face eventually elsewhere. It is his passion, and his skill.