PDA

View Full Version : Cosmos Trip to the Champs 2011

Cosmopolite
17th September 2011, 02:48 PM
Well looks like it is happening!

Trotted down to the travel agent this morning to book the trip to NZ prior to the champs. Uh oh, all trips been cancelled due the freakin RUGBY WORLD CUP. Oh bother, what do I do now as I had my heart set on going there.

Went and stewed over it with some retail therapy, went home, got on the net and booked on the net with some Kiwi mob. Hope it all comes together now.

The flight to NZ is booked and flight from Brisvegas back to Perth is booked. Just gotta get my daughter to give me some of her FF points for the trip NZ to Brisvegas and I am done.

Cosmo will be there representing the WAnkers!

Johnny Canuck
17th September 2011, 04:15 PM
Good work COsmo. Have fun!

Yossarian
17th September 2011, 04:29 PM
Jealous!

AndyP
17th September 2011, 04:35 PM
You'll have a great time, Cosmo, and will be bringing a few more WA guys back with you in 2012.

Yossarian
17th September 2011, 04:45 PM
I was tossing up coming over, because one of my best mates has just moved to Brisbane but the cost is just a little much this year and just starting a new job. maybe next year!

Iain
17th September 2011, 04:58 PM
You'll have a great time, Cosmo, and will be bringing a few more WA guys back with you in 2012.
+1

sms316
17th September 2011, 05:28 PM
He might find the cuddles on the east coast to be slightly different though.

Yossarian
17th September 2011, 05:30 PM
Who else is going over?

just
17th September 2011, 05:38 PM
He might find the cuddles on the east coast to be slightly different though.
Who are you talking about?

markTHEblake
17th September 2011, 05:44 PM
About time one of the Wa fellas came over, Cosmo does seem to be the polite one though :-)

KristianJ
17th September 2011, 05:46 PM
About time one of the Wa fellas came over, Cosmo does seem to be the polite one though :-)

Presumably because she's not a fella...

AndyP
17th September 2011, 05:47 PM
She's a top bloke though.

Golfnut
17th September 2011, 05:50 PM
Presumably because she's not a fella...

She's not?

;)

markTHEblake
17th September 2011, 05:53 PM
ah, how was I supposed to be able to tell?

Anyway that explains why this lot was sucking up so much, I was wondering about that.

Cosmopolite
17th September 2011, 05:53 PM
She's a top bloke though.

I am indeed!

KristianJ
17th September 2011, 05:55 PM
She's not!

;)

Well, I guess fellas need retail therapy to stew over things (or, if you're NAGA, a pedicure).

Cosmopolite
17th September 2011, 05:58 PM
ah, how was I supposed to be able to tell?

Anyway that explains why this lot was sucking up so much, I was wondering about that.

you didnt read some of the WAnker threads where Golfnut made the same error

just
17th September 2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x98cE4QCrlk

Cosmopolite
17th September 2011, 10:07 PM
looks like there is a lot of water on all of the courses I am going to play. Better pack a lot of golf balls!

Cosmopolite
1st October 2011, 01:11 PM
Well Cosmo has arrived in Kiwiland on the first leg of the trip. what a freakin nightmare it is transferring from the sydney domestic terminal to the international one. Internet at my hotel is $30 for 100mb. Luckily they have a couple of internet puters (very very slow though) that are $2 for 20 mins - a much cheaper option but means I have to go to reception rather than use my ipad in my room.

Off to Hanmer Springs tomorrow for a day trip but eyeing off golf course in Christchurch for Monday.

solarman
1st October 2011, 01:44 PM
Take your togs and go for a swim while at the Springs. The sulphur pool is a bit much though.

Ned
1st October 2011, 02:52 PM
Which course Cos ?

And yes Hammer Springs is excellent!

Pencil
1st October 2011, 03:25 PM
Go up 30 mins north and give the Pegasus course a crack. Not a bad track, I was there last week. Home of the NZ Womens Open. Its only been open a few years. Still needs time to grow in.

Cosmopolite
1st October 2011, 03:27 PM
Take your togs and go for a swim while at the Springs. The sulphur pool is a bit much though.

definitely doing that NAGA, think I will avoid the sulphur pool though being an asthmatic

Cosmopolite
1st October 2011, 03:28 PM
Which course Cos ?

And yes Hammer Springs is excellent!

dunno yet NK, there are a few around Christchurch, will have a better look tonight. depends on the weather too I guess.

AndyP
1st October 2011, 06:51 PM
The Hamner Springs pools are excellent for a good soak.

Dotty
1st October 2011, 07:42 PM
The sulphur pool is a bit much though.
Then you'd have to change your logon-id to SulphurMan.

Courty
1st October 2011, 07:45 PM
I didn't get the chance to play it (damn weather), but Clearwater is supposed to be pretty good. From memory, it's only 20 minutes out of Christchurch.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-17.540143,146.032135

Ned
1st October 2011, 08:00 PM
Well Cosmo has arrived in Kiwiland on the first leg of the trip. what a freakin nightmare it is transferring from the sydney domestic terminal to the international one. Internet at my hotel is $30 for 100mb. Luckily they have a couple of internet puters (very very slow though) that are $2 for 20 mins - a much cheaper option but means I have to go to reception rather than use my ipad in my room.

Off to Hanmer Springs tomorrow for a day trip but eyeing off golf course in Christchurch for Monday.

Good Pub across the road from the Springs.:mrgreen:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9UoBsWfoEXU/TobydvfS5zI/AAAAAAAABk8/767D0rVP2ao/But%20where%20else%20would%20we%20go%21%21%21.jpg

Cosmopolite
2nd October 2011, 07:10 AM
Then you'd have to change your logon-id to SulphurMan.

Sulphur Woman

Cosmopolite
2nd October 2011, 07:11 AM
Couldnt get to Hanmer today, not enough ppl to go, so going tomorrow. Just as well cos I am seriously jet lagged after leaving Perth a midnight on friday and the 5 hour time difference.

TourFit
3rd October 2011, 10:04 AM
Have a blast Jules...remember, you have our WAnker reputation to uphold!

No, wait a minute, nevermind. You made it there AND seem to have a firm itinerary. Not a CLUSTERF*CK in sight!

Cosmopolite
3rd October 2011, 05:26 PM
Went on a chopper ride over Christchurch yesterday followed by a punt on the Avon River.

It was a shock to see the carnage from the earthquake in the city centre and other places, I didnt realise how bad it was. The whole city centre is pretty well totalled.

Today I went to Hanmer Springs and went to the spa and the hot pools. very noice and relaxing except the transport back broke down coming up to pick me up at Hanmer, but I made it back in time for dinner (tour started tonight).

Tomorrow, off to Mt Cook, hope the weather is better than today.

Courty
3rd October 2011, 07:53 PM
Tomorrow, off to Mt Cook, hope the weather is better than today.

If you get the chance, do the boat ride on Tasman Glacier Lake. It's a spectacular sight!

Cosmopolite
4th October 2011, 05:10 PM
Got to mt cook today but awful weather with low cloud. Couldn't see much at all. Would have loved a flight over or the lake trip. Sigh, will have to come back some day for another look. Haggis night tomorrow in Dunedin!

TourFit
5th October 2011, 11:33 AM
AWESOME!

Enjoy the haggis.

BrisWesty
5th October 2011, 01:46 PM
Cosmo, check out the steep street. Think it's Baldwin St. Try jogging up it.

Contemplate the idiocy of the person who decided to ride down it in a wheely bin. Darwin Award!

Cosmopolite
7th October 2011, 05:57 PM
Well tried the haggis and it wasn't bad. Also got a couple of pics of the worlds steepest st in Dunedin. In Te Anau now what a beautiful place it is. Went to the glow worm cave last night. Today went to Milford sound and omigosh I thought switzerland was good but this outshines it by far. Had to go and buy a bigger sd card cos I took so many pics. Off to queens town tomorrow for 2 nights.

AndyP
7th October 2011, 06:06 PM
In Te Anau now what a beautiful place it is. Went to the glow worm cave last night. One of the highlights of my family trip earlier this year.

Today went to Milford sound and omigosh I thought switzerland was good but this outshines it by far. I thought the drive there was better than the cruise. Spectacular!

Off to queens town tomorrow for 2 nights.
meh.
Get over to Arrowtown for a stroll if you can. Are you going to Wanaka? That is an awesome spot.

Cosmopolite
7th October 2011, 06:09 PM
Go to arrow town tomorrow before q town. Not sure about Wanaka

just
7th October 2011, 06:38 PM
Well tried the haggis and it wasn't bad. Also got a couple of pics of the worlds steepest st in Dunedin. In Te Anau now what a beautiful place it is.
Might be beautiful, but the bloody trout don't want to be caught. Spent a few days fly fishing there once and got skunked!

TourFit
7th October 2011, 06:59 PM
They'd read your posts, just!

just
7th October 2011, 07:07 PM
The ones at the Tongariro must have been illiterate then.

Cosmopolite
9th October 2011, 05:31 PM
Cosmo is exhausted after a busy day today.

Went to Skippers Canyon this morning - sort of the grand canyon of Queenstown. Awesome trip but scary in places, with the road only being wide enough for one vehicle and big drops over the side. Then went up the gondola, then a cruise around lake Wakatipu, then to the ice bar which was fun (always wanted to go to one of them). Tomorrow off to the glaciers and hopefully good weather so can get a chopper ride.

TourFit
10th October 2011, 12:51 AM
Might be beautiful, but the bloody trout don't want to be caught. Spent a few days fly fishing there once and got skunked!

They'd read your posts, just!

The ones at the Tongariro must have been illiterate then.

Internet was down...?

Cosmopolite
12th October 2011, 06:31 AM
Noo Zilland trip now finished. What a beautiful interesting place it is.

Off to Brisvegas today to get ready for the champs. Seeya all there!

jaybam
12th October 2011, 07:01 AM
Look forward to it cosmo.

Cosmopolite
12th October 2011, 07:45 AM
Look forward to it cosmo.

I am looking forward to putting names to faces Jaybam, and meeting the Ozgolf characters.

Outcast
12th October 2011, 09:56 AM
Today went to Milford sound and omigosh I thought switzerland was good but this outshines it by far. Had to go and buy a bigger sd card cos I took so many pics.

I did my basic navigation training around Milford and Queen Charlotte Sounds about 20+ years ago; fantastic place; got to enjoy the scenery a little bit between being beasted on the bridge...

Wow, Just and I will have something in common to discuss that ain't so controversial:mrgreen: Looks like I found my safe topic for Saturday:mrgreen:

just
12th October 2011, 10:04 AM
I did my basic navigation training around Milford and Queen Charlotte Sounds about 20+ years ago; fantastic place; got to enjoy the scenery a little bit between being beasted on the bridge..
I did my SEAAC Phase 1 through the D'Entrecasteaux. There's something else we can talk about.

Outcast
12th October 2011, 10:22 AM
Wow, what year?

Yossarian
12th October 2011, 10:39 AM
Do you have a DSM outcast?

Outcast
12th October 2011, 10:59 AM
Yes & a long service medal with two pips

just
12th October 2011, 11:08 AM
Are you going Zig on us?

Yossarian
12th October 2011, 01:01 PM

Just may not talk to you now... He hates those guys.

Are you going Zig on us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgTDgkIj_-U

Zig a zig wah.

just
12th October 2011, 01:34 PM
It's the AASM that's the issue, why can't you get it right! Ask Mega he has a copy of the post. Hopefully your assignments don't show the same lacklustre research and attention to detail.

Yossarian
12th October 2011, 01:43 PM
Whoops, sorry!!

I think they show a general lack of understanding of the topic!

TourFit
12th October 2011, 02:52 PM
It's the AASM that's the issue, why can't you get it right! Ask Mega he has a copy of the post. Hopefully your assignments don't show the same lacklustre research and attention to detail.

I can think of many names to call Yoss, but I'd hardly label him like that.

He does have some French traits, he is smart, and he thinks he's DA BOMB!

TourFit
12th October 2011, 03:00 PM

Yes

And all that to get an extra couple of bucks a week...?

Yossarian
12th October 2011, 03:01 PM

What?

PerryGroves
12th October 2011, 03:44 PM
Also got a couple of pics of the worlds steepest st in Dunedin.

Dangerous part of town http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=174602

TourFit
12th October 2011, 03:59 PM

AASM...can also stand for 'Armement Air-Sol Modulaire', which is an air to ground modular precision guided weapon. A Smart Bomb. And French !!

Winners of the DSC and DSM (along with some other awards) can get an allowance from the Govt...which works out at $2-3 a week!!!

That one was more directed at Outcast...

What?

Got it now?

Cosmopolite
12th October 2011, 07:42 PM
Cosmo has arrived in Brisvegas!

Haystacks
12th October 2011, 07:48 PM
Thread back on track. WAnkers strike again...no offence intended Cosmo :wink:

Cosmopolite
12th October 2011, 07:52 PM
Thread back on track. WAnkers strike again...no offence intended Cosmo :wink:

I did notice that

AndyP
12th October 2011, 07:55 PM
So what is your first name, Cosmo?

Cosmopolite
12th October 2011, 07:56 PM
Jools

rubin
12th October 2011, 08:02 PM
Do us proud cosmo. Dc may have some competition for the title.

just
12th October 2011, 08:05 PM
Jools
As in Family?

Outcast
12th October 2011, 08:17 PM
Winners of the DSC and DSM (along with some other awards) can get an allowance from the Govt...which works out at $2-3 a week!!!

Okay, at the risk of threadjacking again... sorry Cosmo,

When YOSS asked about DSM I presumed he was asking about the Defence Service Medal which everyone gets now after a whole 4 yrs vice a Distinguished Service Medal which I don't have. Now that I know that YOSS was actually asking about a AASM (Australian Active Service Medal); no YOSS I don't have one of them but, I do have an Australian Service Medal which is for operational service in a non-warlike operation.

I'm sure JUST and I will have many hours of fun, discussing service life, what was good (is good) and what sucks (and probably still does) and when that gets boring we can discuss something much more worthwhile such as fly fishing...:-)

Haystacks
12th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Okay, at the risk of threadjacking again... sorry Cosmo,

When YOSS asked about DSM I presumed he was asking about the Defence Service Medal which everyone gets now after a whole 4 yrs vice a Distinguished Service Medal which I don't have. Now that I know that YOSS was actually asking about a AASM (Australian Active Service Medal); no YOSS I don't have one of them but, I do have an Australian Service Medal which is for operational service in a non-warlike operation.

I'm sure JUST and I will have many hours of fun, discussing service life, what was good (is good) and what sucks (and probably still does) and when that gets boring we can discuss something much more worthwhile such as fly fishing...:-)

What about the DFSM...? 15 years of undetected crime :wink:

Outcast
12th October 2011, 08:40 PM
What about the DFSM...? 15 years of undetected crime :wink:

Yep, got one of them with 2 x 5yr pips to accompany it... Genuine old fart...

Ferrins
13th October 2011, 01:33 PM
Will pick you up a tad before 8am.

Cosmopolite
13th October 2011, 07:57 PM
Will pick you up a tad before 8am.
Okies thanks. The driveway is off wooloowin ave, 2 nd driveway

Cosmopolite
15th October 2011, 04:59 PM
Cosmo is having a ball. Met heaps of great oz golfers. We escaped the weather yesterday and today. There was a storm at 5am today and another one rolling in now. Had a very dismal score yesterday of 17 points but a bit better 24 today. Still not good though. Lots a partying last night with many bevvies consumed all around and a very competetive coins game. More partaaying tonight. Will need a holiday to get over the holiday when I get back!

sms316
15th October 2011, 07:13 PM
Cosmo is having a ball. Met heaps of great oz golfers. We escaped the weather yesterday and today. There was a storm at 5am today and another one rolling in now. Had a very dismal score yesterday of 17 points but a bit better 24 today. Still not good though. Lots a partying last night with many bevvies consumed all around and a very competetive coins game. More partaaying tonight. Will need a holiday to get over the holiday when I get back!
So Cosmo.... who was the pick of the OZgolf eye candy last night?

Cosmopolite
15th October 2011, 10:43 PM
So Cosmo.... who was the pick of the OZgolf eye candy last night?

Now that would be telling SMS

Goldy
16th October 2011, 06:31 AM
You're allowed to say "none of the above" Cosmo.

You know it makes sense.

BrisWesty
16th October 2011, 06:42 AM
You're allowed to say "none of the above" Cosmo.

You know it makes sense.

That's the closest answer BTW.

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2011, 08:17 AM
The closest answer is MTB?

Cosmopolite
21st October 2011, 08:39 AM
After a fantastic amusing and interesting weekend Cosmo is very keen to attend the 2012 champs.
How do I get a bar that says 'first WAnker to attend the ozgolf champs'?

Cosmopolite
21st October 2011, 08:41 AM
And Next time I won't plan on traipsing halfway around the world before the champs and will bring my own weapons

jaybam
21st October 2011, 09:28 AM
Glad.you.enjoyed yourself cosmo

dc68
21st October 2011, 09:41 AM
What.is.with.the.full.stops?

just
21st October 2011, 09:45 AM
They yearn for the old days in Ipswich, where everything was sent by telegraph. Either that or they are just backwards.

dc68
21st October 2011, 09:52 AM
Ahhhh I see.

jaybam
21st October 2011, 10:04 AM
This stupid new phone. The full stops are in a stupid place in the keyboard and i can't be ****ed fixing them.

kev
21st October 2011, 10:18 AM
Pebkac

PeteyD
21st October 2011, 10:20 AM
definitely

Cosmopolite
24th October 2011, 10:19 AM
Glad.you.enjoyed yourself cosmo

I did indeed Jaybam.

Off home today - well that is pending planes flying. Flight from tassie to Melbourne has already been delayed twice. The weather in tassie today is not pleasant. Cold and wet.

TourFit
24th October 2011, 11:22 AM
Tassie...what else were you expecting?

Cosmopolite
24th October 2011, 11:27 AM
Tassie...what else were you expecting?

The weather has been great until today TF

Cosmopolite
25th October 2011, 03:18 PM
Well home now and back to earth with a big thud.

24 days away, 11 different beds, lots of kilometers travelled, many good memories and lots of fun.

Looking forward to next year now.