PDA

View Full Version : TM R11 Gamers

Captain Nemo
15th September 2011, 10:37 PM
Who's gaming this with the stock Blur Stiff??????
I tried it today with the stocky (gamer is a PX 6) and F me, I could not keep this on the f/way.8)
High, right' not very long???
I'm not the longest driver or have the fastest s.s, but this would have to be one of the most ordinary stock shaft TM have made.
I tried a few diff settings but to no avail?
Put the PX 6 in and it's a different driver!!!!:shock:

BroKar
15th September 2011, 10:48 PM
I hAve the blur in 3 wood and it's good, but driver I have Kali tp

timah!
15th September 2011, 11:01 PM
I've hit DoubleD's 65x and didn't think it was 'that' bad. Got it out there enough, and straight enough...

BrentonJ
15th September 2011, 11:04 PM
Hey L,

I had the same issue with the Blur, some one at TM must be getting a decent kick back for putting it in as the stock shaft, as it has the be one of the worst stock offerings I have ever hit!! Put a nice high launch low spin shaft in it n ill b sweet as!

Jarro
16th September 2011, 04:23 AM
I hit a few good ones with the Blur, but overall it was a major disappointment.

I should've kept the damn club and just had it reshafted :(

braddles
16th September 2011, 06:49 AM
I have the R11 9* (playing 7.8*) with Matrix HD6 and love the performance, but don't really like the feel. My good driving in the last month is probably the main reason why I finally made it to Scratch!

BrisVegas
16th September 2011, 07:00 AM
congrats on getting to scratch brad!

virge666
16th September 2011, 08:23 AM
The Blur aint bad - but you have to go up a flex... the X flex is a good S flex shaft.

it is a bit light - but not all bad - just a very very soft tip.

Captain Nemo
16th September 2011, 10:12 AM
The Blur aint bad - but you have to go up a flex... the X flex is a good S flex shaft.

it is a bit light - but not all bad - just a very very soft tip.

Thats exactly what i was thinking.
The S was just too whippy for me.
I tried about 5 diff setting's, moved the weights etc... and could not get it to go straight, or rt to lt.
And it wasnt my swing, i was out there for about 4 hrs playing holes all over the shop and hitting my irons really well???

HS2010
22nd September 2011, 12:19 AM
Does the same apply for fairway woods? i.e. the shaft plays softer than the flex suggests and you have to play up a flex?

virge666
22nd September 2011, 09:19 AM
Does the same apply for fairway woods? i.e. the shaft plays softer than the flex suggests and you have to play up a flex?

TM a reknown for having soft tips in their shafts. soft tips and very light.

It comes to preference - but the X flex Blur aint a bad shaft... might take another 1/2 inch off the tip... but for $20 what do you expect.

HS2010
22nd September 2011, 10:44 AM
TM a reknown for having soft tips in their shafts. soft tips and very light.

It comes to preference - but the X flex Blur aint a bad shaft... might take another 1/2 inch off the tip... but for $20 what do you expect.

Thanks. Good advice. If I understand correctly, this discussion is specifically about the Blur shaft. I presume this one would be different and the stiff plays more like a conventional stiff? (Taylor Made TP Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki 70 Alpha). Any opinion on this shaft?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAYLORMADE-R11-TP-17-4-WOOD-STIFF-GRAPHITE-EXCELLENT-/360395820154?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item53e943cc7a