PDA

View Full Version : Pulling the trigger on the Miuras

matty
14th September 2011, 08:46 PM
I have decided to treat myself to a new set of irons. Am looking at the tournament blades, maybe even the baby blades. I was initially interested in the black blades but am a bit concerned about how they will look after a few months or a year.

I was going to play Coolum on the Friday before the champs but will have to can that in order to have a fitting with Gary at Aussie Custom Golf. I was really looking forward to play on the Friday but it's not that easy to get up there that often.

I had a good chat with him today re the whole fitting process. Apparently it takes 3 or more hours, trying a heap of different head and shaft combos and using Trackman. I look forward to that. The service and his enthusiasm and lack of bullshit has been good so far. Hopefully the whole process continues to be like that without any surprises.

He mentioned he knows a few of the Ozgolf community and mentioned Blakey. I take it that is MTB. Even said he was a really good bloke. I haven't met him so I'll let others decide ;)

Anyhow, looking forward to getting my perfect set.

BrisVegas
14th September 2011, 08:54 PM
He mentioned he knows a few of the Ozgolf community and mentioned Blakey. I take it that is MTB. Even said he was a really good bloke. I haven't met him so I'll let others decide ;)

hmmm, the guy just lost all cred.

timah!
14th September 2011, 08:57 PM
hmmm, the guy just lost all cred.

+1
ha!

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2011, 09:08 PM
I held a baby blade 3 iron today. I don't think I have anywhere near enough game to hit it. Beautiful, but tiny. Kind of like Gabriella Fox.

MegaWatty
14th September 2011, 09:38 PM
How about the Titleist blades in Fit's shop?

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2011, 09:40 PM
He distracted me with too many other things.

markTHEblake
14th September 2011, 09:44 PM
you wont regret it Matty. Much better investment than spending an extra day with these wankers.
+1
ha!

+3

just
15th September 2011, 08:09 AM
Leaving aside his lack of judgement when it comes to Blakey, what does he charge for that kind of service?

markTHEblake
15th September 2011, 08:36 AM
I dont know, I dont think he has a set rate, if he has I have not discussed that. My approach is a bit old fashioned when I get referred to someone, its not a matter of price so I dont discuss or negotiate it first. I just get the job done and ask how much at at the end. I think I more likely to get better service and price that way. If I dont, then I wouldnt go back. In this case I have been back lots of times, and do the same thing, I have used cheaper clubfitters, but they dont have the high tech gear. I couldnt even tell you what he charges me, it varies based on how long it took and how complicated, sometimes less than I expected. If you are buying clubs off him like the Miura's then the price for fitting and trackman is probably factored into cost of the clubs.

What I do know is the set price for a trackman session on its own is $160

just
15th September 2011, 08:49 AM
Cheers Blakey. He doesn't seem to list some of the components I'm interested in so if I did do it I would probably do some sort of track man thing first to give me an idea of some the specs first, and then track them down myself and then get them built.

Yossarian
15th September 2011, 11:45 AM
These went great today. I couldn't possibly have been swinging any worse but still managed to shoot under my handicap. Getting a extra 10 meters out of my short irons and 12-15 meters out of the long irons. My front nine was; quad, triple, triple, bird, par, bird, par, par, par. Back nine was similar.

Happy customer though.... glad I'm not trying to be a blade weilding hero anymore :)

We get one back from blades only to lose another. Ying and yang man, flow of the universe.

matty
15th September 2011, 12:05 PM
Gary told me it's a $150 for a session with the Trackman. That is then taken off the price of any set that is purchased through him.

Isn't a 'blade wielding hero' a bit rough?!!

Yossarian
15th September 2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry I wasn't having a go about that! They are nice clubs!