PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing July 25th 2005

Flowergirl
25th July 2005, 03:12 PM
Quiet at work today so I played hookey from work this morning and played in the Monday comp. We played par and I finished up with a -4. :x
Unlike most times I play - my long game let me down and my short game was ok. :shock:
Kept hitting them in the trees - pulled like a schoolboy most of the game. :shock:
Still - I had a good time :D

Jarro
25th July 2005, 03:20 PM
pulled like a schoolboy most of the game.

care to elaborate on that one :wink:

Flowergirl
25th July 2005, 04:34 PM
I have spent weeks developing a "pull" shot so I could use that expression. :D

amanda
25th July 2005, 04:53 PM
A very average scoring round at NSW GC today in their Ladies Charity Day - but again, the score didn't matter - a par team event - and I contributed a few +s - my score was either fantastic or woeful :( Strange but a bad score never seems to faze me at this course - it's so fantastic to play!

Best part of the day - a birdie on the par 5 7th hole :D

Jarro
25th July 2005, 05:04 PM
nice work on the bird Mandy ... c'mon, give us the breakdown :wink:

amanda
25th July 2005, 05:15 PM
ok jarro :D

par 5 363m uphill (I have a feeling the hole is a par 4 for the men). 3w tee shot about 150m. Hit the 3w again thin (to keep it under the wind :wink:) to about 100m out - then 7i onto the green (also hit a little thin - but still in the air). Shock at seeing my ball pin high - about 1m to the hole. Then a very tiny tap of the ball for a fast downhill putt - went in centre of the cup! \:D/ I then did a Tiger-style fist pump (none of my usual jumping up and down and yelling with excitment - I was relieved to finally make a decent score after a fair few 3 putts).

Thanks to marcel who gave me the tip of checking the pin position on the 7th as you play the 4th hole and also for playing a practice round with me the week before. I knew where to hit the ball, it just didn't always happen :lol:

Jarro
25th July 2005, 05:32 PM
thanks for the wrapup Mandy, i can just see you on the green giving a raucous "CMON" ala Mr Summer Bay :roll: :lol:

cazandpaul
25th July 2005, 06:23 PM
Despite the perfect Coast weather, had a very average 31 points.

McMw
25th July 2005, 08:32 PM
kid and i lost out premier league match this evening...dormie 2 down, and we squared the 8...

kid's struggling since he's dumped his vsteel 3wood (gone back to a s2h2 something), and his R510 cracked in the face (gone back to a warbird)...

in the interest of him starting to play well, I loaned him THE 3wood... :lol:

marcel
26th July 2005, 08:45 AM
(I have a feeling the hole is a par 4 for the men). ...

Hit the 3w again thin (to keep it under the wind  :wink:) to about 100m out - then 7i onto the green (also hit a little thin - but still in the air).  

It is a par 4 for the boys, index 2 however, tough hole. Nothing wrong with thinning it when the situation calls for it, great course management I'd say.

Flowergirl
26th July 2005, 09:06 AM
Great Birdie Mandy. Woo Hoo :D

oz
26th July 2005, 09:47 AM
Nice birdie Amanda. Well done. It would be a buzz just to play there, let alone play a hole so well. Good on ya. :)

Grunt
26th July 2005, 02:48 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning in what was the windiest conditions I have encountered out there. Had a good round after starting with a 7, to end up with a 91 gross nett 66. 39 stab points. Was only a social round I just worked out the stab point for my own liking.

Had the clubhead let go on my 3i Hybrid on the 1st tee, I thought it was going to be a shitty day after that. It got better with only 13 putts on the front 9 and a total of 30 for the round.

Wind made the par 5's very simple keep it on the fairway and the wind took care of the rest. the into the wind Par 4's were another matter, a long hard slog..

On the 185m par 3 8th I used 3 wood only to see it sail upwards into the wind going nearly as high as it went long to land short of the green.

On the whole I am very happy with my game in such tough conditions.

amanda
26th July 2005, 04:42 PM
Great stuff grunt - 30 putts is a fantastic stat.

McMw
27th July 2005, 09:07 PM
played 9, shot 44, had 5 penalty strokes...what joy!!! :roll:

Flowergirl
28th July 2005, 12:09 PM
Stroke today 96 gross 76 nett :shock:
Drove pretty bad. :oops: .....short game getting better :D
Really keeping emotions in check - happy with that. :D
Even though I didn't play well I had a throughly enjoyable game - lots of laughs - usually at myself.
One playing partner played a pitch shot over a bunker and plugged it in the bunker face. Declared it unplayable and played a penalty shot from the original position - and yep - into the bunker face again. You gotta love stroke play :twisted: She made an 7.

Flowergirl
30th July 2005, 10:17 AM
Nine holes today with the Men's Probus group :shock: I think they've made me an honourary member :D
They are all retired gentlemen who think I'm still young - so I love that. :D
I won the gross, nearest the pin and longest drive - and they made me play off the mens tee. I missed the nett by one - shoot :twisted:

I had a very nice score of 46 - hit my irons very nice today :D

Fishman Dan
30th July 2005, 03:46 PM
Nine holes today with the Men's Probus group :shock: I think they've made me an honourary member :D

Mens Probus group. Honorary member..... any pics?

Was really happy the way i hit the ball today. Smashed the ball off the tee today, irons were largely pretty good, short game was adequate.

What's 18 x 3... 54 putts i think. More putts than Ron Jeremy? :roll:

24 points.

Trung
31st July 2005, 02:19 PM
78 & 83 this weekend 8)

Jarro
31st July 2005, 03:57 PM
More putts than Ron Jeremy? :roll:

you lost me there mate :?

Fishman Dan
31st July 2005, 04:30 PM
More putts than Ron Jeremy? :roll:

you lost me there mate  :?

So, if I were to call you a putz.... :?: :wink:

30 pts today (17/13) at Bayview with Jono/Rob. Strange day really, perhaps more birdies than pars? :oops:

The back 9 suffered from matchplay-a-litis, but it was a good day out, and bewdiful weather for it.

amanda
31st July 2005, 04:34 PM
played in our Chick of the Walk qualifier today - 2BBB par event - my partner and I had 6 up - 8 up was top qualifier. My score wasn't bad (all square) however my putting was shocking - 8 3 putts :oops: :oops: I also squandered 5 birdie chances and walked away with pars :? I think we qualified 3rd out of 8 teams - can't wait until next week.

Pinglauncher
31st July 2005, 04:50 PM
+ 2 today.

The last 6 weeks has been a disaster zone. A good finish in the dark last week and a round today that could have easily been +5 or better, hopefully means Ping is working back into some form.

cazandpaul
31st July 2005, 06:59 PM
4B team event (best 3 scores) - 111pts good enough for a ball - got a NTP and it was a beautiful day - all good.

jimandr
31st July 2005, 07:46 PM
A pleasing but frustrating 34 points today. Hit the ball OK, didn't get into any trouble, but I always seemed to be on the wrong side of the hole, so I couldn't put a score together.

Fairways = 8 of 14
GIR = 9 of 18
Putts = 34, 3 three putts, 1 birdie
Up & Down = 4 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 3.

McMw
31st July 2005, 08:44 PM
took a holiday in KK over the weekend... :D

played Karam on Fri and Sat, had 80 and 79 respectively... PB for Karam...
pins were cut on some nasty parts of the greens, and with bermuda greens not trimmed, it was more a case of lagging it perfectly...
had 3 birds and 1 bird respectively...

played sutera this morning, and pissed off that I 3jacked the 17th for my 3rd bogey of the round... :( but 75 is a 75... :) PB for Sutera...

2 rounds under 80 on foreign courses...I'll take it!!!! :D

peter_rs
1st August 2005, 07:15 AM
Had a lazy 75 net today at asgrove.

I was just playing around, First time I have played the new course (Its improved but still long walks between holes). Tried to drive the short par 4s got on the 2 & 18 just short on 9,17,12. Also tried chipping with a rm instead of a wedge. Considering how bad I putt 75 was good and the fact I had 2x7 on short par3 :oops: . I was lucky

Shazza also had a 70 net and and played worse then me & got 2nd on a count back for the day.

andylo
1st August 2005, 08:04 AM
Due to some commitment I gave away the game with Pete and Shazza :cry:

After I pick up a few ppl from airport and kick them off my car in front of their house I ramp my way to home, pick up my OGIO golf bag and fly to Virginia GC :D

It was a 4BBB game and my partner is LGC's club champ (plus a series of titles) and he's a scatch player! The 2 in the group are a gent and a lady who also are 20 hadicapper I think... (yep... it wasn't me to mark the card :p)

Feel like playing a pro-am :D

Virginia is such a nice course and instead of load of water in stupid location, its a very flatish course with enough hazzrd in some clever position that makes you think. It was easy for Richard as he can draw/fade/straight to anywhere he likes. I (sort of - when I can) try to follows where he goes... well ;)

Rich can drive the ball consistently 270 meters mark and on the short par 4 or long par 5, he can belt the pill to 310 meters! :shock:

To me it's a whole new world of golf!

He got beautiful placement on his approaches and his putt... BEAU-DI-FUL touch! 5 * 30 footers birdie chances and he made 3 of them and the other 2 just sit right next to the hole. I thought I am playing is PGA open :p

If you ask me to define who is crap golfer nowadays I will say if you are not scatch then you are crap :p :lol:

--------------------------

Oh.. the game :lol:

To Richard it can be a bit boring (3 * 20-lish chopper) but to me it's absolute fun! Beautiful course and able to watch beautiful game. I actually played 1 of the best round in the recent weeks (because i was playing absolute crap thu) And in fact we make a good partner. When he off a bit on certain hole I am on :D and vice versa.

I think I contributed 6 * 3 pointers and a couple 2s.... of course Rich plays a lot better but because I putt out 1st so he used my score (I think I contributed 6-7 holes)

End result... 46 pts! and we are the Runner Up of the day :D In fact there's another group got 46 but we lost on count back! Damn :lol:

-------------------------------------------------

And I shaved another shot in LGC on Saturday too... nothing to rave about really. Handicap at 24.5 I think ;)

peter_rs
1st August 2005, 08:10 AM
Way to go andy we are going to have to have another game soon my game is finding some form too.

AndyP
1st August 2005, 08:40 AM
And in fact we make a good partner. When he off a bit on certain hole I am on :D and vice versa.

I think I contributed 6 * 3 pointers and a couple 2s.....................................(I think I contributed 6-7 holes)

End result... 46 pts!
Booooooooooooo! Where were you last week when I needed a partner who could play? Instead I got a dud. :x :P

andylo
1st August 2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry P... I dunno. I actually did think about the same thing again and again last nite.... was thinking "If I can play like today last Saturday..."

:cry:

sominc
1st August 2005, 11:39 AM
Played in a 4BBB had 46 points with my partner and got RUNNER UP :D unfortunatly my dad piped me at the post with 48 points to win :evil: not good. Had a good day out and was -2 my handicap

Fishman Dan
1st August 2005, 06:09 PM
Had a lazy 75 net  today at asgrove.....

Shazza also had a 70 net and and played worse then me & got 2nd on a count back for the day.

Ok, explain this to me please..

75... 70.

75..... 70.

75............................. 70.

Nope - to me it still sounds like a nett 70 wins :?:

AndyP
1st August 2005, 07:08 PM
Fishy, we both know these guys think they've played bad if the driver doesn't perform. The rest of the game just isn't golf.

Anonymous
1st August 2005, 07:22 PM
Peter_rs_644 says

Way to go andy we are going to have to have another game soon my game is finding some form too.

Your Golflink shows your last game as 123 gross. You can take him Andylo :D
By the way Andy congratulations on the handicap reduction:

And I shaved another shot in LGC on Saturday too... nothing to rave about really. Handicap at 24.5 I think But I thought you didn't care about it :wink:

peter_rs
2nd August 2005, 07:27 AM
Fish->Yes she had a lower score then me but we both know she was not swing well. Driver nowhere (AndyP) & fating shots all day. She does normally take a divot. Also her hacker hcp is 6 shot more then here AUG, she has never played wel on a hackers day, my hackers is one less the AGU. We had the same gross score. Sharon sets a very high standard for here self.

AndyP-> My driver did fine, nearly driving half the par4s. I played the par3s really bad 7,2,4,7 & par 5s 8,8. I wasn't to worried because as I said I was see how chipping with a RM worked on course, at times it cost me shots.

Chucky-> Thanks for the pointer, thats the nudgee cup round which looks very wrong I had a 77(100). not 123 nudgee cup (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2058&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150) Vegas you marked my card whats going on. Can someone explain this. I'm a noted choker(over thinker) in comps.

BrisVegas
2nd August 2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the pointer, thats the nudgee cup round which looks very wrong I had a 77(100). not 123nudgee cup (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2058&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150) Vegas you marked my card whats going on.  Can someone explain this.  I'm a noted choker(over thinker) in comps.

What's that? Is that a question? Kerrrist, that was years ago! Who cares? 100 versus 123 - not much difference really...

I thought I marked oscar's card, anyway.... hmmm..... my maths isn't that bad though... Then again, I make no guarrantees once I get into triple-digits! :lol:

Only thing that I can be sure of is that YOU would have signed YOUR card. :wink:

peter_rs
2nd August 2005, 07:44 AM
I don't care-> I know it was a bad day just not that bad. Yes I signed my card and in my stats for the day I have nett 77. Just think its weird that the entry of the card is wrong.

By the way there is a big difference 23 shots and walking off the course. :wink:

BrisVegas
2nd August 2005, 07:51 AM
Nudgee have screwed it up for me in the past as well. I had 36 points there a few months ago and it went into golflink as a 73 gross for 36 points, playing off 2 to a 4 hcap ????? Where the hell they plucked those numbers from I'll never know.... I rang to try and correct it, but they fobbed it off as my home club's problem... Useless.

AndyP
2nd August 2005, 07:59 AM
Yep, it was put in at Nudgee. Enough said. Seems to be a problem with card processing there.

Virgal_Tracy
2nd August 2005, 08:00 AM
Played at Jim's home course on Sunday as part of a social group. Played holes 10 - 27. Started as though my form from the Springs against jono was going to continue. 1st hole GIR and 3 putted for bogey then hit drive on 2nd hole OOB. Finished front 9 with 15pts.

Back 9 started badly with visit into a lake and recovered for 1 pt. 3 pts next hole to be back on track. Proceeded to recover really welland play solid par golf to finish with 37 ptsincluding bird on 16 after monster drive and pitch to 45 cm.

secret to the round was the SW. Deadly from 80m in and putting was solid. Many a 4ft putt coming back that found the middle of the hole. Game may possibly be returning.

Driving was better thanks to tip from Jono but still needs work.

shazza_rs
2nd August 2005, 08:15 AM
Fishy, we both know these guys think they've played bad if the driver doesn't perform.  The rest of the game just isn't golf.

Yes my driver wasn't helping me at Ashgrove.
I usually have reasonable iron shots, couldn't hit any of them :(

Was actually suprised that i got around under 100. If I was playing to my AGU the net would have been only 75. Same as pete :!:

oscar
2nd August 2005, 03:39 PM
Vegas you marked my card whats going on[/b].

What's that?  Is that a question? Kerrrist, that was years ago!  Who cares?  100 versus 123 - not much difference really...

I thought I marked oscar's card, anyway.... hmmm.....  my maths isn't that bad though... Then again, I make no guarrantees once I get into triple-digits!  :lol:

Only thing that I can be sure of is that YOU would have signed YOUR card.   :wink:[/quote]

Yep you marked my card Bris...AndyP was the penciler in question??

AndyP
2nd August 2005, 03:41 PM
Yep you marked my card Bris...AndyP was the penciler in question??
I sure did. I felt that he didn't deserve 100 after the way he hit it, so I marked down 123.