PDA

View Full Version : Golfburn.com

Courty
13th September 2011, 06:17 PM
I read about this on Greeny's blog:

A new website has been launched that connects golfers in a similar way to Facebook.

I recieved an email invitation to join a new website that connects golfers in a similar way to Facebook - but specifically tailored to golfers.

Golfburn (http://www.golfburn.com/) aims to connect golfers, enable friends to share scores and connect with their favourite golf courses.

My initial thoughts are that it looks good. It's slick without too much clutter and very simple to use. You add friends in similar fashion to other social networking tools, and you can share and schedule rounds of golf.

The website is in its infancy but I can see the value for social golf groups and golfers who want to check in to see how their buddies played last week.

Anyone from here signed up? Just wondering if it's worthwhile, or just duplicating what we have here.

Yossarian
13th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Less wankers there.

rubin
13th September 2011, 06:25 PM
isnt that what we do here?

dean0820
24th September 2011, 08:42 PM
when you try to get started by logging in via facebook, you get a list of conditions to accept which includes the following;

Allow Golfburn to Post to Facebook as me;
Golfburn may post status messages, notes, photos, and videos on my behalf

yeah sure, i'll let some anonymous site access my personal info and post on my behalf, no problem.
while i'm at it, anyone else wanna steal my identity?

darksword
25th September 2011, 03:07 PM
Hmm, how is that different from any site that interacts with facebook these days? I signed up and saw the popup and its no different than any app that integrates with facebook. Means they have the ability to post stuff from the site that you choose to goto facebook without asking every time...

Looks neat in any event, like facebook for golf.