PDA

View Full Version : Nike SQ II 3 wood - Played it? Do tell ...

TheTrueReview
11th September 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking of sourcing one of these fairway woods. They still seem to be highly rated.

Who's had one?

Who's still playing one?

Thoughts?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-25616-018810900%201280198594_thumb.jpg

TheNuclearOne
11th September 2011, 04:30 PM
I've got one now, just dialing it in at the moment and it's competing vs a few others. Not set well aough to make a real summation yet.

TheTrueReview
11th September 2011, 04:33 PM
I've got one now, just dialing it in at the moment and it's competing vs a few others. Not set well aough to make a real summation yet.

GolfNugget has one & rates it highly. I came across one in a second hand bin today. Haven't bought it yet but thinking, thinking ...

Ferrins
11th September 2011, 04:34 PM
Just threw mine in the rubbish cause it had a few scratches on it. Tried playing with it but those scratches created too much surface drag and slowed my swing speed down. I thought golfers where too anal about blemishes on their clubs but now I can see it effects the performance of the club. I have adapted this blemish free mentality to other parts of my life now. Played tennis fixtures the other night and went through 26 brand new rackets.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
12th September 2011, 08:13 AM
I have one, keeps v steel out of the bag, great of the deck and tee, also have the 5 wood, great clubs, I wouldnt mind tje driver to match,

TheTrueReview
25th September 2011, 04:49 PM
The search is over. Found one of these bad boys cheap & in great nick. Can't wait to put it in play. It has the 'made for' shaft, so there might be a shaft replacement in future.

http://www.tgw.com/images/products/clubs/menswoods/nike/8677/image.jpg

TheNuclearOne
25th September 2011, 05:06 PM
The made for is crap unless you like soft shafts as such.

TheTrueReview
25th September 2011, 05:20 PM
The made for is crap unless you like soft shafts as such.

Thanks, I saw a few such comments on the internet reviews. Hmmm ... decisions, decisions.