virge666
10th September 2011, 08:42 AM
Spinal ?

Ned
10th September 2011, 08:55 AM
Left shoulder.

BroKar
10th September 2011, 09:09 AM
Sometimes it hurt but not as much as the knee hurt without them, plus adrenalin takes over most the time, I can't say I miss having them though.

Moe Norman
10th September 2011, 11:19 AM
had plenty of them.

wouldn't recommend unless its a necessity.

I used to get them in the knee and shoulder almost every week at the end of my footy career.

mike
10th September 2011, 11:31 AM
NK, I thought you were already having cortisone injections.

TourFit
10th September 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm gonna have one in my heel in the next week or so...

...apparently they hurt like hell, but sometimes you get lucky and it doesn't hurt that much. My mum reckons (and she's had about 40-50 of the things) that the ones that DON'T hurt are the ones that seem to work less effectively!!!

jaybam
10th September 2011, 12:12 PM
They don't hurt as much as they used to. Especially if you get them ultrasound guided. They go exactly where they need to and the local in it helps too.

Courty
10th September 2011, 12:56 PM
I had one in my spine, didn't hurt at all. The local anaesthetic one before it did, though. ;)

Ned
10th September 2011, 01:51 PM
NK, I thought you were already having cortisone injections.

No, not even Voltaren etc is working anymore.

mike
10th September 2011, 03:09 PM
OK, I thought you might have had a cortisone injection just before our club championships and FNQ Open and Champion of Champions and the club matchplay series and Queensland Country Week. You played like a busted arse in the 20 rounds before that and I was wondering how you suddenly hit top form. If it was the cortisone I was gonna try the same thing because I'm playing like crap.

Ned
10th September 2011, 03:19 PM
OK, I thought you might have had a cortisone injection just before our club championships and FNQ Open and Champion of Champions and the club matchplay series and Queensland Country Week. You played like a busted arse in the 20 rounds before that and I was wondering how you suddenly hit top form. If it was the cortisone I was gonna try the same thing because I'm playing like crap.

No Blakey, just lots of anti inflammatories and treatment, also the previouos 20 rounds you mention were from Jan 1st to middle of June so wasn't playing as much as previous years.

But thanks for checking my handicap stats for me.

mike
10th September 2011, 03:28 PM
Blakey? :lol:

Hey no problem. Your golflink makes fascinating reading. Keep it up. And good luck with the shoulder.

Ned
10th September 2011, 03:54 PM
Blakey? :lol:

Hey no problem. Your golflink makes fascinating reading. Keep it up. And good luck with the shoulder.

And here you were telling me on a number of occasions that you don't/haven't looked at my GL for a long time, glad it keeps you/others amused.

Yes that run of good form has me in A Grade now, although I am paying for it now pain wise playing that much golf in a short period of time.

Shoulder has been stuffed for years, non prescription drugs no longer working/not good to take all the time. And the waiting list on public system for shoulder surgery is a LONG one.

So last option is cortisone then stop playing sports until operation is done.

matty
10th September 2011, 04:11 PM

...apparently they hurt like hell, but sometimes you get lucky and it doesn't hurt that much. My mum reckons (and she's had about 40-50 of the things) that the ones that DON'T hurt are the ones that seem to work less effectively!!!

Tourfit, you are going to have one hell of a day. :lol: I've had a couple in the back of my heels when I used to play footy. It was achilles related. I don't even want to think about it and that was about 15 years ago. The fact the doctor gave me a rubber bone thing to bite into should be enough of an indication. :shock:

They work wonders in the short to medium term but will not stop the underlying problem, which will have to be sorted out at a later date through rest, treatment etc.

sms316
10th September 2011, 04:13 PM
Left shoulder.

Most people get wrist injuries. You must really go hard!

Ned
10th September 2011, 04:22 PM

Nah, right handed.

sms316
10th September 2011, 04:23 PM
Nah, right handed.

Well, you are now!

MegaWatty
10th September 2011, 05:04 PM
Nah, right handed.

And blind.

Minor_Threat
10th September 2011, 05:59 PM
Ive had plenty in the wrist when I was playing full time. Certainly not a fun exercise.

rubin
10th September 2011, 06:04 PM
Had them in my knee a few years ago. Hurts like a bitch, but fits right, the worse it hurts, the more effective they are

Veefore
10th September 2011, 09:22 PM

My dad had to have one in his heel a few years ago. He didn't like it very much, but he was happy with the result. He'll never have another one though.

Ned
10th September 2011, 10:13 PM
So looks like the best outcome is to have cortisone with local anaesthetic.

rubin
10th September 2011, 10:16 PM

I was lead to believe that they couldn't allow that. Apparently it reduces it's effect, or stops it completely. I asked about it or something similar, and was told to basically suck it up.

Ned
10th September 2011, 10:18 PM
Physio has told me previously that the best way to have them done is using an Ultrasound.

Grunt
10th September 2011, 10:48 PM
What is wrong with the shoulder? Having recurrent treatment myself for rotator cuff tendinitis. Only Physio though no cortisone.

Ned
10th September 2011, 10:56 PM
Torn rotator cuff, ****ed AC joint, tendentious. Dislocated it but never got it treated at the time.

Been through the Physio thing, drug regime no longer effective. Tried the fish oil and glucomanne treatment, all have worked for a period of time.

Had two bouts of the shoulder locking/freezing.

Hate operations (more then I hate needles) so putting the op off as long as I can.

Grunt
10th September 2011, 11:26 PM
I know a good shoulder surgeon. Looks like you need a new one.

Ned
10th September 2011, 11:28 PM
If he doesn't work in Qld Public system then he aint no good to me.:(

Grunt
11th September 2011, 08:07 AM
Sorry mate NSW, he is at Randwick

markTHEblake
11th September 2011, 09:17 AM
I am on the fish oil for my shoulder. Disgusting stuff.

idgolfguy
11th September 2011, 10:16 AM
Have you tried Feldenkrais?

matty
11th September 2011, 11:10 AM

I'd be asking for a general. :mrgreen: