PDA

View Full Version : Rip stiff or x stiff?

JADO75
9th September 2011, 11:12 PM
Howdy all, has anyone had anything to do with rip shafts? I had a hit with an alpha 60 xstiff & was pretty impressed, lowered my ball flight but still got it out there a ways. I didn't get a chance to hit a stiff. I've ordered the 60x but now second guessing myself. My ss is between 108-116, a little bit more if i really jump on it (don't mean to sound like a tool). Will be playing it in a 910d3 head & hit the ball pretty high. I guess i'm asking does my ss justify the x, do i go with a 60 or 70 stiff, do the rips play pretty stiff? I'm still pretty new to the site but thankyou for taking the time to read or reply to my questions. Cheers jado

MegaWatty
9th September 2011, 11:15 PM
That SS sounds like X Stiff to me. Some people love the RIP, some hate it. Enjoy!

rodders
10th September 2011, 12:18 PM
I got an alpha 70s in my epon and love it.

My ss speed is just over 100 and agree that yours fits the bill of an x

popper81
10th September 2011, 04:48 PM
I just grabbed a razr hawk with a Rip Stiff in it from Perci. He made mention in the pro shop thread that he thought it played softer. After 2 rounds so far I tend to agree. I have no idea what my SS is but I wish this shaft was x stiff.... I think you will be stoked with you choice.

JADO75
10th September 2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the responses fellas. I also heard they played a touch softer, that's why i went with the x. Just got a bit nervous that i would have to swing out of my shoes to get the best out of it. Has it made your ball flight lower at all boys? Thankyou again

rodders
10th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Yep, lower flight for me. I used to hit a high ball and not much roll. This shaft suits me.

Puji
23rd September 2011, 10:01 PM
i have the RIP 60 in Stiff.

My swing speed is 108. when I trialed shafts I trialed the X, but got much better numbers with the 60S.

davepuppies
24th September 2011, 05:59 PM
i have the 60S in my 910D.... swing speed 110-115. I have never liked x stiff, makes me want to swing it harder.

Just replaced it with A Matrix Xcon 6 stiff and got a higher ball flight (a good thing)