PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Friday night shootout

jaybam
9th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Hey all.
I wasnt sure where to post this so here seems as good as anywhere. Just got home from Oxley golf course after the golf day and when i was leaving they were starting something called the Friday night shootout. Second Friday of the month at 6:00 pm. $10 entry which includes the shootout , ntp and a drink voucher. You can even buy a mulligan for another $5. They have the 9th hole there lit up and plays about 110 meters. Oh if you get a hole in one you get $ 10 000. The closest 16 shots of the night go through to the knockout stages. Looks like a fun concept and will be heading down to the next one. Thought there might be some other southsiders that might be keen. 1 winner overall for the night but i didnt find out what they got.

Please mods if this belongs elsewhere please feel free to move it.
Cheers Jaybam

TheTrueReview
9th September 2011, 07:24 PM
I love to see golf clubs trying new ways of generating interest. Kudos to Oxley.

timah!
9th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun!

BroKar
9th September 2011, 08:09 PM
Absolutely awesome idea, we should do that with the 10th at Wantima

ddasey
9th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Absolutely awesome idea, we should do that with the 10th at Wantima

My thoughts exactly. It could be very easily 'lit up'

jaybam
9th September 2011, 08:20 PM
All they did to light up the 9th was a couple of those big generated lights from Coates hire. Very effective too. Looking forward to the next one.

Jarro
10th September 2011, 06:06 AM
I love to see golf clubs trying new ways of generating interest. Kudos to Oxley.

Yeah i agree, it's the kind of thing that wouldn't be too hard to setup either.

Sounds like a fun time :)

MegaWatty
10th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Canuck and Simmsy...We need this at Harty! Let's hire our own lights!

Golfnut
10th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Perfect idea for the 1st at WAGC, but surely the odds would be firmly stacked to the house ;)