PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Looking for a game in Sydney - 1st, 2nd and 3rd October

shavey
9th September 2011, 01:14 PM
I'll be down for the NRL Grand Final so looking for a game Saturday and/or Sunday morning.

Would be keen for a hit so let me know where and when. Any chances of a round at NSW??

Captain Nemo
12th September 2011, 10:50 AM
Shavey, can play Sun morning at Kogarah if you want?

Jono
12th September 2011, 03:23 PM
I can join you guys on Sunday.

shavey
12th September 2011, 10:47 PM
Sounds like a plan boys..

I'll be booking flights and accommodation this week so I'll let you know. It will have to be an early'ish one as I'll need to duck back into the city to get changed then out to Homebush for the game.

I remember somebody offering Bonnie Doon as an option during my last trip down. Scrub that, just remembered they were in the midst of course work.

Titty, my mate Ben who joined us at St Mick's now has a handicap and I'm sure would be up for a game.

shavey
16th September 2011, 04:14 PM
Bump for this thread.. Didn't realise it was a bloody public holiday in NSW on the Monday so I'll be looking for a game then as well.

My mate is probably out for Sunday, preferring to join for a round Monday so does anybody want to join? Monday's round is also open to suggestion but preference would be west.

Titty, we ok with a tee time around 8:30-9:00am? And will that give me enough time to get back to the city to train it out to Homebush for 5pm arrival?

Captain Nemo
16th September 2011, 04:19 PM
Shavey sound good.
I'll book a line early, I can give you a lift back to the city?
Well talk

KristianJ
17th September 2011, 06:02 PM
50/50 chance of me being available on 3rd Oct...

davepuppies
18th September 2011, 07:38 PM
Is the sunday @ Kograh in the comp?

could be keen......

shavey
19th September 2011, 09:28 AM
Any other takers??

Saturday: AFL Grand Final so early morning preferred

Sunday: Kogarah AM
Shavey
Titleist
Jono
Davepuppies (pencil)

Monday: Open to suggestions (Carnarvon possibly?)
Shavey
Jamo (Shavey's mate)
KristianJ (pencil)
Mudrat (pencil)

Marto65
19th September 2011, 09:32 AM
Good Luck with getting on everywhere ... most clubs in Sydney run their club champs that weekend.

Get down there early Friday if you can ... your best chance for a game at a decent track.

mudrat
19th September 2011, 09:54 AM
Put me down in pencil for the Monday game. Im a 90% chance ATM.

Captain Nemo
19th September 2011, 10:49 AM
Is the sunday @ Kograh in the comp?

could be keen......

Yep Dave, open Comp!

Captain Nemo
25th September 2011, 10:08 AM
Any other takers??

Saturday: AFL Grand Final so early morning preferred

Sunday: Kogarah AM
Shavey
Titleist
Jono
Davepuppies (pencil)

Monday: Open to suggestions (Carnarvon possibly?)
Shavey
Jamo (Shavey's mate)
KristianJ (pencil)
Mudrat (pencil)

Guy's im going to have to can this game on sunday.
Im also going to the G.F but want to go and watch the Toyota Cup game which starts at 2pm
The earliest i could book a line was 9.09am.
I have booked this so if anyone wants to still play they can as its open mens comp.
Just pm me details and ill email the club.
Sorry!!!!

Grunt
25th September 2011, 10:16 AM
I could possibly play saturday Steve if there is anyone else keen, but as said previously i dont think we will get on anywhere.

shavey
25th September 2011, 11:13 AM
Let's at least work out somewhere to play on the Monday then, considering it's a public holiday and all...

Open to suggestions...

Sydney Hacker
25th September 2011, 02:49 PM
A lot of Sydney clubs can their open comps on public holidays so the members can play. Wish I could join you but we have club champs on Saturday and I don't have enough brownie points to try for 2 days on the weekend.

shavey
26th September 2011, 11:48 AM
Quick look shows Moore Park is available at 6:32am on Saturday and 6:28am on Sunday.

Mona Vale and Long Reef available on Monday morning but probably too far away from the airport for mine.

Jamo
26th September 2011, 03:32 PM
What time do you have to be back at the Airport Shavey?

What are people's thoughts on Bankstown golf club they have an Open day on Monday 3rd Oct $45. Or were we looking closer to the city/airport?

Been a long time since I have been there but over 6,000 metres and Kaikuya fairways if I remember correctly.

shavey
26th September 2011, 03:52 PM
Flying out at 5pm Jamo so time isn't really a concern...

KristianJ
26th September 2011, 08:00 PM
What time do you have to be back at the Airport Shavey?

What are people's thoughts on Bankstown golf club they have an Open day on Monday 3rd Oct $45. Or were we looking closer to the city/airport?

Been a long time since I have been there but over 6,000 metres and Kaikuya fairways if I remember correctly.

Welcome, Jamo. :)

I'd be keen to try Bankstown seeing that I've been invited to a corporate do there on 28 October, but I realised today that I have something else booked for the day so I can't make it. :(

Jono
27th September 2011, 09:25 AM
Shavey, are you still keen to play Kogarah that late? We should be finished by 2pm and I'm happy to give you a lift to Homebush afterwards, if you like.

Captain Nemo
27th September 2011, 10:26 AM
Shavey, are you still keen to play Kogarah that late? We should be finished by 2pm and I'm happy to give you a lift to Homebush afterwards, if you like.

If you guys want to do that, youll have to email me names/h.cap/golflink etc...and ill forward to the club as im def out for sunday.

shavey
27th September 2011, 12:53 PM
OK, looks like Monday it is for Kog. Titty, you still have my details from last time?

Titty
Jono
Shavey
Jamo

Any other takers, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Captain Nemo
27th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Hows 9.30 for monday???

Captain Nemo
27th September 2011, 01:05 PM
OK, ive booked a line for 10am.
No need to rush for everyone then.
That way Shavey you can have a shower etc and go straight to airport??
Can those playing (3 spots) pm me details please.
L

Jono
27th September 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm OK with Monday. See you guys then.

Captain Nemo
28th September 2011, 02:37 PM
This 4some is locked and loaded!!
Jono, bring your golflink card.
L

KristianJ
29th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Shavey, sorry that I haven't replied to your PM yet...been rather hectic in the family over the past couple of days.

Unfortunately Sat and Sun morning are no go for me. Would have been nice to get a rare (for me) Sat hit out, but have some things I need to do at home.

Grunt
29th September 2011, 09:14 PM
As above Steve, Busy Saturday and working Sunday.

shavey
29th September 2011, 10:11 PM
Bugger.. oh well, one round is better than none...

shavey
4th October 2011, 09:07 PM
Big thanks to Titty for again organising the tee time... Course was in good condition apart from the greens which was more of a reflection of the fourball rather than the condition. Plus a spot of breeze made for an enjoyable yet challenging round.

Titleist - 33 points
Shavey - 32
Jamo - 31
Jono - 24

Stay tuned (subject to approval from Jono) of a Saturday morning champs putting comp with a difference...

Captain Nemo
4th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Hahaha, love it!
It's a given!!!!:mrgreen:

Jono
4th October 2011, 09:44 PM
Stay tuned (subject to approval from Jono) of a Saturday morning champs putting comp with a difference...

Let's do it. 8)

KristianJ
4th October 2011, 10:08 PM
Discreet edit...;)

shavey
4th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Don't say too much more, I want to freak out the masses...

KristianJ
4th October 2011, 10:22 PM
Edited accordingly then...:)