PDA

View Full Version : Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 Reviews

BroKar
7th September 2011, 08:22 PM
Interested In finding out if any users of the forum have hit this shaft or are still using it, I know I can google reviews but interested in personal reviews from members.

Cheers

Brokar

timah!
7th September 2011, 08:25 PM
It's the chicken schniznit!

Courty, Tomson, Haysey and TNO all have/use one.

Courty
I'm using an AD-DI 8. What do you want to know?

ddasey
:-"

BroKar
7th September 2011, 08:27 PM
Presume this is the nunchuk review thread, ball flight, head it's in, why do you have it, is it long, more accurate than past shafts etc

BroKar
7th September 2011, 08:31 PM
Also if you want to sell one this is your thread, interested in S or X flex or maybe both

Courty
7th September 2011, 08:38 PM
I have mine in my Titleist 910 D3 set at 9.5 degrees square face. I don;t have a particularly consistent swing, so results vary, but generally I find I can feel where the head is better than any other driver setup I've had. When my swing is on, it's very straight with a highish launch, but flat trajectory that is close to as long as I've every used.

And no, you can't have it. ;)

BroKar
7th September 2011, 08:52 PM
I think I can see a purchase in my near future

Captain Nemo
7th September 2011, 09:22 PM
Good mate of mine has the AD DI 6 in his D3, bombs it.
He's a past club champ so can hit it.
Ball flight was insane, same shot pattern time over again.
He used to rep for Titleist ( now Nike) so has contacts with Acushnet but still paid the up charge as I actually asked if he could get me a raw shaft but no luck!
I think Jerry has one for sale?

Aussielongdriver
7th September 2011, 09:25 PM
I have 1 with a genuine 910 tip on it in X flex I can part with if your interested

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2011, 09:28 PM
I have a DI-7s in a Ttour Issue 2009 TP Burner head. I'll do new bag pics soonish.

Sensational golf shaft. Totally agree with Courty about head feel. Feel is subjective but it's a very smooth and unique feeling golf shaft.

Accuracy is as good as anything i have ever hit tho i am a chopper and obviously hit my shyte shots too. Put a half decent swing on it however and results are super. I shudder to think how good it would be with a decent repeating swing.

For me it is a genuine mid launch and low spin. I actually find it close to the real deal WB and Ahina launch box and spin would be comparable. IMO GD have understated the tip stiffness and possibly the kickpoint. From the info i have gathered it's a little stiffer tipped than the Ahina and co and also stiffer in the butt.

For me the 7 model plays stout if aything but i've seen quite a few claim the 6 model is a little soft. For those it fits i'm not sure there would be a better shaft.

Lastly quite a few tour pro's have apparently gone from the WB to this shaft. This gives a nice hint as to what to expect.

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2011, 09:30 PM
Oh, mines not for sale either :D

I made the mistake of letting one go cheap a year back when i didn't give it a fair trial or tweak and had my eye on something else. Won't be doing that again lol

rodders
7th September 2011, 09:33 PM
I just got a whole heap of stuff from golfworks today and they threw in a catalogue.

I can tell you a new one is US $380.

BroKar
7th September 2011, 09:34 PM
I have read a heap of review and they all say its awesome, good to hear from real people though

BroKar
7th September 2011, 09:34 PM
yeah I noticed 380, can get alot cheaper though

dean0820
8th September 2011, 09:24 AM
you may want to consider the new dj series too. i preferred the feel of those, but being new they are still pretty pricey.
i found the dj7s worked best for me. in a low launch, low spin head like a yamaha, the tour ads are unbeatable.
i am having a few tour ad dj shafts brought over but they won't arrive til the new year.

BrisVegas
8th September 2011, 09:37 AM
$380!!!! Does it come with (a) free head?

BroKar
8th September 2011, 11:24 AM
$380!!!! Does it come with (a) free head?

you can get them for the same price as nunchuk if you have a good look with a 910 tip in them, so once selling the genuine tip there about 160-180

Tomson
8th September 2011, 12:08 PM
Brokar where are you getting these prices from? cause even on the bay they are going for about 230 with out tip.

BroKar
8th September 2011, 12:12 PM
i found some shipped for about $250 last night on bay from MonstersGolf who I have dealt with before with a 910 TIP.

may have sold already, I am purchasing an X Flex from AussieLongDriver but i think it will be too much shaft for me so will give it a crack and will probably go S flex