PDA

View Full Version : *CANCELLED* The Springs GC - Sat 24th Sept 10am

amanda
22nd July 2005, 08:27 AM
OK - it's time to think about the next Sydney OzGolf Day.

Everyone seems to be happy with The Springs - so the suggestion last night at SOP was to go back there.

Now the guys tell me that there are no food facilities out there because it's a relatively new golf course - in which case we can always provide our own BBQ (or I can organise it all for a couple of bucks per head).

I picked this date because it's after the LD season and hopefully after coring has been done at most places.

EDIT - booking has been made for 3 groups at 10am.  $33 green fee  That means leaving home around 8am (it looks like a 1.5 hr drive from the map).  Please let me know if you would like a cart and I will organise.

EDIT - OzGolf Day Cancelled for the AFL Grand Final - go the Swannies!

I will try and find another suitable date.

Trung
22nd July 2005, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't mind another game there.

Pinglauncher
22nd July 2005, 10:50 AM
Sounds good as I had to work last time. Will have to borrow the "Bumpy Car". Mum's 1980 Commodore - should be a good trip for the old girl as long as it does not break down :shock:

Trung
22nd July 2005, 11:09 AM
Ping, we can work something out if you need a lift....

Grunt
22nd July 2005, 11:59 AM
Would love to play, really depends on the other half giving me a leave pass, as for the past few weeks and for another 5 I will be playing golf at every weekend day that I am off with C Grade Pennants. It just really depends if I can get some brownie points b4 the 24th.

Virgal_Tracy
22nd July 2005, 03:28 PM
As can be seen I'm in pencil. I also seem to be the only one who favours a Sunday and that's only because cricket season will have started.

miro
22nd July 2005, 04:27 PM
Once the date firms up the wife and I will commit but we won't generally play sunday -religious observances -NOT -normally already playing.

amanda
22nd July 2005, 05:46 PM
miro - isn't golf a religion? ;)

jimandr
22nd July 2005, 10:42 PM
I voted for Saturday but I'm likely to be available either day, so I don't care which day ends up winning.

I don't believe this will be the NEXT OzGolf day. Surely some of us can get together before then.

At the very least there should be some more matchplay fixtures in coming months, particularly if Spiersy and Fishy ever get their planets in alignment.

Jono
25th July 2005, 07:08 PM
Amanda,

I can't commit yet as I am rostered to work that weekend. If I can swap into another weekend, I'd love to go up there for a game again.

Speirsy11
25th July 2005, 07:25 PM
Count me in, if it's the Sunday.........I'd love another shot at that place........

amanda
25th July 2005, 07:29 PM
Rob - would Natalie be interested in coming along? I don't think we are playing in the comp (I have to double check that).

Trung
25th July 2005, 07:39 PM
I can't commit yet

You will find a way. I know you can. :idea:

Jono
25th July 2005, 08:49 PM
Rob - would Natalie be interested in coming along?  I don't think we are playing in the comp (I have to double check that).

I believe Natalie will be "in the bag" ... :shock: ... all 35 inches of her. :wink: :lol:

Jono
25th July 2005, 08:51 PM
I can't commit yet

You will find a way. I know you can.  :idea:

Yeah, it shouldn't be too much problem swapping shifts with someone.

BTW, the "Moe Swing" is coming along nicely ... that, along with the Nak 460 which SHOULD be ready by then, will hopefully allow me to score a bit better than last time ...  :oops:   :oops:

amanda
26th July 2005, 09:40 AM
OK - so I called the club and the following times are available

Sat 9.30ish for 3-4 groups
Sun 11ish

It looks like most people are voting for the Saturday at this stage - at 9.30ish gives us a decent time to play, have lunch and get home before dark. I'll tentatively book us in today.

amanda
26th July 2005, 09:52 AM
This is also in the original post, but I'll put it here just in case:

Booking for 3 groups (12 ppl) starting at 10am.  This means leaving home at around 8am for the 1.5hr drive and some time for chipping/putting practice  :)  and sledging  :wink:

There are BBQ facilities there for us to use - I'm happy to organise the food if people want to chip in some money.  I think I can put on a pretty decent spread of steaks, sausages, salads etc for around $7-10 each.  Give me to the end of today to come up with a firm figure.  Does this sound appealing?

Grunt
26th July 2005, 09:53 AM
Is it in the comp Amanda?

amanda
26th July 2005, 10:24 AM
D'oh! Forgot to ask - will call again now....

Not in the comp.

amanda
26th July 2005, 01:39 PM
I've done a bit of costing during my lunch break.

For $7.50 per person, lunch would be:

Steak
Sausages
Potato salad
Garden salad
Bread rolls

This includes costs for plates, cutlery, napkins etc.

Drinks would be BYO.

What does everyone think? I can put on a more fancy lunch for around $9-10 per head (more salad & meat varieties) if people don't think this will be enough.

Jono
26th July 2005, 10:34 PM
What does everyone think?  I can put on a more fancy lunch for around $9-10 per head (more salad & meat varieties) if people don't think this will be enough.

I think that will be plenty ... :lol:

Do you think it might be a bit difficult to cook/eat the steaks? How about just sausage and onion in a roll? Yummm ... 8)

Oh, and how about some of your delicious chocolate fudge thingies ... :wink: :lol:

amanda
27th July 2005, 08:02 AM
Do you think it might be a bit difficult to cook/eat the steaks?
With a plate and a knife and fork! But we could do some yummy steak sandwiches. Plenty of time to come up with ideas.

I'm not sure if they have picnic table & chairs - in any case, I have a fair few picnic blankets.

And yes - I can bring some of my chocolate fudge brownies :)

TS
27th July 2005, 09:47 AM
Do you think it might be a bit difficult to cook/eat the steaks?
With a plate and a knife and fork! But we could do some yummy steak sandwiches. Plenty of time to come up with ideas.

I'm not sure if they have picnic table & chairs - in any case, I have a fair few picnic blankets.

And yes - I can bring some of my chocolate fudge brownies :)

They do have quite a few chairs and tables.

amanda
27th July 2005, 11:06 AM
Tony :) We haven't heard from you in a while - good to see you're back :D

marcel
27th July 2005, 04:31 PM
Invitation day at my club so I'm no go, heads up, this is also AFL Grand Final day if that matters to anyone.

Speirsy11
27th July 2005, 05:14 PM
this is also AFL Grand Final day if that matters to anyone.

All the more reason to play the Sunday instead of the Saturday :lol:

At least thats how I see it..... :wink:

amanda
27th July 2005, 05:16 PM
Are any of the Sydney people AFL-followers? I don't see what all the fuss is about really :wink:

jimandr
27th July 2005, 09:51 PM
If Sydney Swans make it, and there is some chance of that, most of us will be AFL fans for the day.

If there is any type of clubhouse set up at all, surely the TV will be set to the game. 10.00am start, at worst a 3.00pm finish, an hour at the BBQ, watch the last quarter inside. Sounds perfect to me.

I am very easy to please in the catering department. I'm satisfied with sausages, more satisfied with steak sandwiches, and a plate with lettuce and tomato on the side is near to perfect. Anything under $10 sounds like a bargain.

There is plenty of time to negotiate something to suit everyone.

Trung
27th July 2005, 09:53 PM
Can I change my vote to Sunday? :oops:

Speirsy11
27th July 2005, 10:05 PM
Jim

There really isn't any set up for a TV.

I am now an official Sydney Swans fan, backing them to make the final so I can play the next day with you guys :lol:

Speirsy

amanda
28th July 2005, 07:27 AM
ok - so could someone book 3 groups for Sunday just in case it looks like a Sydney final? (it might look a bit suss if I book for both Sat and Sun)

AndyP
28th July 2005, 08:41 AM
Typical Sydney Swan bandwagoners. :roll:

marcel
28th July 2005, 09:58 AM
If Sydney Swans make it,

surely the TV will be set to the game.  10.00am start, at worst a 3.00pm finish, an hour at the BBQ, watch the last quarter inside.  Sounds perfect to me.

jimandr,

it's not a basketball game for gawds sake, imho you need to watch it all.

miro
28th July 2005, 10:20 AM
sorry no can play on AFL grand final day!

can we move it forward or back 1 week? and keep it on a saturday

amanda
28th July 2005, 12:59 PM
week after is the Oct long weekend - I have no problems with the week before - I'm also trying to find out when they'll be coring the greens - they are going to get back to me (supposedly!)

Speirsy11
28th July 2005, 01:16 PM
I still think we should just play on the day after....... :lol:

Jono
28th July 2005, 02:26 PM
week after is the Oct long weekend - I have no problems with the week before - I'm also trying to find out when they'll be coring the greens - they are going to get back to me (supposedly!)

If you make it the week before, I'm in.

BTW, Swans won't make the grand final ... 8-[

amanda
28th July 2005, 05:36 PM
Coring will be done Mon 12th Sept - the date suggested of the 18th/19th weekend I think is probably too soon.

Jono
28th July 2005, 08:46 PM
I love cored grees ... NOT! :smt078 :lol:

Just remind me ... why do we have to wait for the longdrive season to end? :wink:

Grunt
28th July 2005, 08:58 PM
Just to let you all know early my maybe is leaning to a no at this stage.

amanda
29th July 2005, 02:29 PM
Just remind me ... why do we have to wait for the longdrive season to end?   :wink:
And ALD hasn't even responded to this post! :? :wink:

Jono
5th August 2005, 07:53 PM
I'm IN, I'm IN! Managed to swap out of my weekend shift.

BTW, if ALD is coming, I'm challenging him to a matchplay game. :twisted:

Speirsy11
6th August 2005, 02:15 PM
I'm also in 100% now....I've changed a shift so that I can play either Sat or Sun.....

See you all there....

Speirsy

Speirsy11
7th August 2005, 11:01 AM
Should we have another game, similar to last time with individual matches counting towards a team game? And another OxGolf comp with everyone chipping in $10 and the winner gets a nice Red again?

Just to keep it interesting of course..... 8)

Speirsy

zipptopp
7th August 2005, 09:47 PM
I think I can make this day so I've put my name in pencil. I haven't had much time to play lately but I'm planing to catch up in September.

jimandr
5th September 2005, 10:23 PM
This topic was about to drop off the front page, so I thought I would bring it back from the dead.

Judging from the total lack of interest in a Sunday date, and that we have a Saturday booking, Saturday the 24th it is, even if the Swans make the big day.

I'll still play, no matter what.

Virgal_Tracy
6th September 2005, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately have moved to a definite "damn I can't make it". I was looking forward to challenging the course again with a driver that seems to be working, unlike the last time.

amanda
6th September 2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks Jim - I'll edit the original post and change the date.

amanda
9th September 2005, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone - my car was supposed to be fixed by today - however they've now said it won't be ready until the 30th of Sept :evil:

Could someone give me, my golf clubs and the food a lift?

Pinglauncher
9th September 2005, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone - my car was supposed to be fixed by today - however they've now said it won't be ready until the 30th of Sept  :evil:

Hi Amanda, where abouts are you located.

I'm not sure of everyone elses locations but I will be coming from Berala (near Homebush) so happy to pick you up if it is sort of on the way :wink:

amanda
9th September 2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks pl - I'm at Riverwood - not really close to Berala at all!

I think Jim passes my way to get north.

Jono
9th September 2005, 02:53 PM
Amanda,

does Stephen know about this game? I hope he realizes that we organised the game around his Long Drive schedule. :roll: :lol:

amanda
10th September 2005, 10:07 AM
Jono - I'll try and call him during the week - wonder where he's been lately?

jimandr
10th September 2005, 05:35 PM
Hi everyone - my car was supposed to be fixed by today - however they've now said it won't be ready until the 30th of Sept  :evil:

I'm not sure of everyone elses locations but I will be coming from Berala (near Homebush) so happy to pick you up if it is sort of on the way  :wink:

The Pingster is hopeless with directions :twisted: I just hope he can find his way to Centenary Drive.

I've replied to your PM.

Pinglauncher
10th September 2005, 07:44 PM

I'm not sure of everyone elses locations but I will be coming from Berala (near Homebush) so happy to pick you up if it is sort of on the way  :wink:

The Pingster is hopeless with directions :twisted: I just hope he can find his way to Centenary Drive.

I've replied to your PM.

I am planning to leave Wednesday afternoon so with any luck I will find the course by Saturday morning. :wink:

amanda
11th September 2005, 09:32 AM
We have 3 groups booked in - at the moment we'll fill only 2 - if we don't have enough numbers by the week before I'll cancel the other spot.

amanda
16th September 2005, 07:44 AM
bump - I'll be cancelling the last group tomorrow afternoon.

amanda
16th September 2005, 10:44 PM
So now that Sydney are in the final - who's still in? To be honest - I wouldn't mind being home to watch the game - I honestly didn't think we'd make it :oops:

Speirsy11
17th September 2005, 09:44 AM
I'm out......Going to be in Perth for some job interviews......Have fun guys

Speirsy

Fishman Dan
18th September 2005, 10:42 AM
CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE!

Pinglauncher
18th September 2005, 11:01 AM
So now that Sydney are in the final - who's still in?  To be honest - I wouldn't mind being home to watch the game - I honestly didn't think we'd make it  :oops:

My preference would be to stay home and watch the SWANS but I will sit on the fence and go with the numbers :wink:

amanda
18th September 2005, 01:26 PM
24th of Sept is cancelled - go the Swannies!

Virgal_Tracy
19th September 2005, 08:51 AM
All you Johny come lately's joining the bandwagon at the 11th hour. Points to you Fishy for knowing at least part of the team song. I've got cricket so somehow I have to avoid hearing the score so that I can get home to watch the game and "shake down the thunder from the sky"

Everyone enjoy their dayand hopefully I'll be available for the next Springs day when it is re-organised

3oneday
19th September 2005, 09:08 AM
All you Johny come lately's joining the bandwagon at the 11th hour. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I mention I watched my first game of AFL this season on Saturday night ???

:lol: :lol:

Pete

AndyP
19th September 2005, 09:46 AM
All you Johny come lately's joining the bandwagon at the 11th hour.
All aboard.   :roll:

amanda
19th September 2005, 12:47 PM
All you Johny come lately's joining the bandwagon at the 11th hour.
Hang on - you're insulting most of Sydney there Vince ;)

jimandr
19th September 2005, 10:25 PM
I must admit I was prepared to sacrifice the pleasure of watching the Swannies win for the experience of playing The Springs. Still, there'll be other days.

This does leave me at a loose end on Sunday. My course is receiving the final coring and sanding of the last nine holes this week. All nines should be puttable by next weekend, but I'll let them recover without me this weekend.

Does anybody want to invite me for an 'away game' on Sunday?

Jono
20th September 2005, 06:37 AM
Jim,

If you don't mind the drive up to Bayview, I can get you a spot there ... Around 8:30am. The greens are in pretty good nick at the moment as they are holding the NSW Junior Open there this week.

Virgal_Tracy
20th September 2005, 08:34 AM
Amanda,

There's about 32000 of us who have followed them the whole year even when everyone was giving it to them during their horror run.

Havinf said that it's great that everyone is behind them so hopefully the cheering from up here will make it to Melbourne on Sat.

It's a great show of support when people are willing to give up a golf game to watch them bring home their first flag in 72 years. (The 1st as Sydney rather than South Melbourne)

amanda
20th September 2005, 09:01 AM
Vince - so did you line up for GF tickets on Friday night? A mate from work did - actually - he paid one of his students to line up from the afternoon - then he went down after the game was finished on TV - got ticket no. 5!

Trung
20th September 2005, 09:24 AM
Does anybody want to invite me for an 'away game' on Sunday?

You got yourself an alarm yet? :roll: :twisted:

Virgal_Tracy
20th September 2005, 01:21 PM
No leave pass to go to Melbourne for the final. Day 2 of cricket match anyway so will avoid all information about the game and go home and watch it with a few mates and cheer on a Red & White victory.

jimandr
20th September 2005, 10:22 PM
Jim,

If you don't mind the drive up to Bayview, I can get you a spot there ... Around 8:30am.  The greens are in pretty good nick at the moment as they are holding the NSW Junior Open there this week.

Jono

I'm not crazy about the drive, but I'd love to play the course when I'm hitting the ball well. Bayview is a course I should be able to score well at. Unfortunately I've only had one game in the last month, so I'm not sure how well I'm hitting them.

PM will be sent shortly.