PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2011

Pages : [1] 2

sms316
3rd September 2011, 09:21 PM
Let's hope they put these into mass production.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qth088.jpg

TheTrueReview
3rd September 2011, 09:46 PM
SMS don't you know that the All Blacks have a pre-ordained right to win each & every world cup? Just see what happens to an All Blacks coach who doesn't win the world cup. The other participants are only there to clap the All Blacks onto the field.

IamViva
3rd September 2011, 10:57 PM
that shirt is gold sms :D

SMS don't you know that the All Blacks have a pre-ordained right to win each & every world cup? Just see what happens to an All Blacks coach who doesn't win the world cup. The other participants are only there to clap the All Blacks onto the field.

dont you know they were food poisoned in 95 :s

matty
5th September 2011, 08:51 PM
i want one :smt038

Grunt
8th September 2011, 02:49 PM
Anyone interested in a RWC 2011 Tipping comp?

I am in one on the FoxSports comp and would be easy to set up an OzGolf Private league.

Marto65
8th September 2011, 02:54 PM
Is that the tipping comp or the fantasy team?

Grunt
8th September 2011, 02:56 PM
I am on both but would only expect tipping comp on here

PerryGroves
8th September 2011, 03:32 PM
I've tipped all the teams paying $1.01 in the first round. I know my rugby.

Prize in the comp is a case of beer from all the participating countries. Burp.

PeteyD
8th September 2011, 07:11 PM
There is usually one upset in the early rounds.

sms316
9th September 2011, 10:58 AM
Best sporting anthem out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awGtAAxm-Ec&feature=related

Grunt
9th September 2011, 11:20 AM
Have to agree about that one. For a little country NZ do things like this pretty damn good. Will be a great tournament. Would have loved to go over there to watch a few games.

PeteyD
9th September 2011, 11:47 AM
They were lucky to be awarded the tournament. Japan was very close. The argument that it would be too big for NZ to host after this one was uite compelling.

TheTrueReview
10th September 2011, 06:12 AM
They were lucky to be awarded the tournament. Japan was very close. The argument that it would be too big for NZ to host after this one was quite compelling.

I think it would've been a positive step for Japan to be awarded the tournament rather than just another one of the usual suspects.

PeteyD
10th September 2011, 06:24 AM
Yea, but what was done is done. Very difficult for the unions to look beyond their own shores and think globally.

sms316
14th September 2011, 04:32 PM
Go Canada!

Pencil
14th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Just got home from a game, couldn't tell if Scotland were that bad or Georgia were half decent. The Georgian boys are huge men.

Yossarian
15th September 2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQS2RriUzVk&feature=player_embedded

MAZA68
15th September 2011, 02:26 PM
Just got home from a game, couldn't tell if Scotland were that bad or Georgia were half decent. The Georgian boys are huge men.

Scotland are crap, their coach tried to put blame on the ref for the quality of the match.

TheTrueReview
15th September 2011, 03:00 PM

Scotland are crap, their coach tried to put blame on the ref for the quality of the match.

No tries. All goals. Yawn. Happens too often in union. I'm just glad I didn't shell out my hard earned to sit through that.

MAZA68
15th September 2011, 05:14 PM
No tries. All goals. Yawn. Happens too often in union. I'm just glad I didn't shell out my hard earned to sit through that.

worse........poruing rain as well. They are a hardy bunch in the deep south.

Thats the game when there are two ordinary european teams playing.

BayBum
18th September 2011, 10:39 AM
Ban all northern hemisphere ref's.**** they are hopeless !

virge666
18th September 2011, 06:18 PM
That was dissapointing.

South Africa in the quarters, followed by the All Blacks in the Semi-Finals.

Every now and then - the Wallabies just play like the Waratahs . . .

matty
18th September 2011, 06:21 PM
Dissapointing is an understatement. It's the World Cup. How about a bit of passion FFS!

They seemed to be stuck in 1st gear.

MAZA68
18th September 2011, 06:51 PM
That was dissapointing.

South Africa in the quarters, followed by the All Blacks in the Semi-Finals.

Every now and then - the Wallabies just play like the Waratahs . . .

Yep those waratahs are a bad influence!

PeteyD
18th September 2011, 07:04 PM
They were awful. Outplayed by a team with more passion and desire. Best be a lesson learnt.

Tongueboy
8th October 2011, 07:05 PM
go the frogs!!

PeteyD
8th October 2011, 08:20 PM
Wales too good!

Frogs great! They'll probably be awful next week and let Wales straight into the final.

timah!
8th October 2011, 08:32 PM
Who cares, Johnny 'cheatin' Wilkinson is Gooooooooone!

:mrgreen:

Yossarian
8th October 2011, 08:33 PM
How does wilkinson cheat?

kingslayer33
8th October 2011, 08:36 PM
Wales were good and the frogs put in their normal "all-black beating" performance. For the first half at least.

But still, as Timah! says inggggerland = goooorn.

oscar
How does wilkinson cheat?

Swapin' balls

timah!
:roll:

Yossarian
8th October 2011, 08:37 PM
:roll:

How?

PeteyD
8th October 2011, 08:46 PM
Swapin' balls

How?

Your question was answered.

timah!
8th October 2011, 08:46 PM
Haven't we been through 'how does such and such cheat' before?

Yossarian
8th October 2011, 08:48 PM
Your question was answered.

I don't really follow union that closely so I thought this was a gay jibe. What happened and how bad was it?

Haven't we been through 'how does such and such cheat' before?

Have we?

timah!
8th October 2011, 08:50 PM
Have we?
Richie McCaw - Super 15...

Daves
8th October 2011, 08:51 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/rugby-world-cup-2011/england-admit-cheating-at-rwc/story-e6frf4zl-1226152121394

Yossarian
8th October 2011, 08:52 PM
Richie McCaw - Super 15...

WTF has that got to do with Wilkinson.

Thanks daves that was helpful.

Wilkinson appears to have played no part in the switch?

TheNuclearOne
8th October 2011, 09:13 PM
WTF were they doing swapping balls in a 67-3 win anyway. Maybe a dress rehearsal for bigger games?!?!! lmao

MAZA68
8th October 2011, 09:20 PM
Thats the thing with France its rocks or diamonds, and thats what makes them hard to play.
Poms didn't deserve to go any further with the crap rugby they have been playing. France - Wales semi will be a cracker.

PeteyD
8th October 2011, 10:22 PM
If France play well.

Baggy
8th October 2011, 11:28 PM
Gutted to see England knocked out but they've been crap (although the French haven't been any better!)

Heard French tries being celebrated by Aussies today. I can understand not supporting the English but cheering the cheese eating surrender monkeys?

PerryGroves
9th October 2011, 09:43 AM
I aint got no quarrel with the French. No Frenchman ever questioned my intellegence because of my accent.

kingslayer33
9th October 2011, 10:11 AM
Heard French tries being celebrated by Aussies today. I can understand not supporting the English but cheering the cheese eating surrender monkeys?

They do have a thing about monkeys in some northern English towns. The term "Monkey-hangers" comes to mind.

BTW I like cheese too :)

Shadesy
9th October 2011, 11:50 AM
Gutted to see England knocked out but they've been crap (although the French haven't been any better!)

Welcome to Australia mate! We support Australia and anyone but England!

My wife is English and therefore my son is half English! I sat down to watch and Tried my best to follow to follow England! Just couldn't do it!!

TheTrueReview
9th October 2011, 01:08 PM
Thats the thing with France its rocks or diamonds, and thats what makes them hard to play.

Precisely. IMO, they've been New Zealand's kryptonite. If the frogs only win one game in 3 years, it'll be against New Zealand.

Baggy
9th October 2011, 03:46 PM
I aint got no quarrel with the French. No Frenchman ever questioned my intellegence because of my accent.
Fair enough mate. Trust me though, when it comes to being arrogant the Poms are amateurs compared to the French.

They do have a thing about monkeys in some northern English towns. The term "Monkey-hangers" comes to mind.

BTW I like cheese too :)
I think it was Monty Python that first came up with it. The Top Gear boys seem to use it a fair bit as well. Monkey hangers are people from Hartlepool. There are many theories as to where it comes from (some of them are horrific!) but no-one actually knows.

Glad you enjoy cheese!

Welcome to Australia mate! We support Australia and anyone but England!

My wife is English and therefore my son is half English! I sat down to watch and Tried my best to follow to follow England! Just couldn't do it!!
I'm learning mate.

Always thought the rivalry was pretty "friendly" between the Poms and the Aussies. Didn't realise it was anyone but the English though!

Shadesy
9th October 2011, 05:39 PM
I got heaps of Mates in the UK so I'm never going to miss an opportunity to give it to them!!

Wallabies are struggling!!

sms316
9th October 2011, 05:41 PM
I think Quade Cooper has been on the drink.

Shadesy
9th October 2011, 05:42 PM
I think Quade Cooper has been on the drink.

Might get out of jail!!

sms316
9th October 2011, 05:43 PM
Might get out of jail!!
Wouldn't be the first time for Quade.

Shadesy
9th October 2011, 05:47 PM
Wouldn't be the first time for Quade.

;-)

Nuffie
9th October 2011, 05:49 PM
You little beauwdy! We just manage to hang on. Nice work wallabies.

KristianJ
9th October 2011, 05:51 PM
Did I just read the stats correctly...76% possession for the Boks??? :shock:

EDIT: Oh, it's a reference to territory. Either way, bloody remarkable result.

Jarro
9th October 2011, 05:54 PM
Great effort with such a lopsided possesion rate !!

PerryGroves
9th October 2011, 06:21 PM
Great result, but its almost unwatchable. If anyone thinks Quade Cooper would get a start in League, I have some jousting sticks to sell you.

Webster
9th October 2011, 06:21 PM
Nice work to send the bigots packing.

3oneday
9th October 2011, 06:26 PM
That was the most incredibly baddest performance from a number 10 in an Australian jersey EVER. The coach must of thought at half time he couldn't get worse, I'll leave him on ? Terrible, and the boks must be feeling pretty piss poor, they should have won by 20.

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 06:30 PM
I have seen far worse performances at 10, but not in the professional era.

Yossarian
9th October 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm gathering he played better than that in the super 15's this year.

Jarro
9th October 2011, 06:38 PM
They carried him, no doubt

Peter
9th October 2011, 06:49 PM
Pocock is a freak.

rexgrunt40
9th October 2011, 06:53 PM
cooper is a moron,he panics under pressure and against the all blacks he'll go M.I.A

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 06:56 PM
Or he'll have a blinder. When he is on song he is awesome.
His game against ACT brumbies was worse.

PerryGroves
9th October 2011, 07:03 PM
They carried him, no doubt

Jarro, this is as close as I have seen to you saying anything bad about a Qlder. Although he's not a real Qlder, eh?

sol381
9th October 2011, 07:06 PM
cooper has to be the most hot and cold player in the world.. anyway if you can't win with attack win with probably the best defence in world rugby.

Jarro
9th October 2011, 07:09 PM
Jarro, this is as close as I have seen to you saying anything bad about a Qlder. Although he's not a real Qlder, eh?

rah rah doesn't count mate ;)

Shadesy
9th October 2011, 07:09 PM
Go the pumas!!!

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 07:15 PM
Los Pumas sticking it into the All Blecks. Great to see.

rexgrunt40
9th October 2011, 07:28 PM
Or he'll have a blinder. When he is on song he is awesome.
His game against ACT brumbies was worse.
What constitutes a blinder? throwing a hell mary pass that sticks or making 10 tackles?
either way there has to be someone better.

dc68
9th October 2011, 08:12 PM
Pumas raped by the refs... FFS NZ get away with shit no other team in the world does.

Bruce
9th October 2011, 08:15 PM
We have been a bit spoiled with the quality of #10s in the last couple of decades. I can't remember a worse performance. Is he looking indecisive because he's scared to do his party tricks because none of them have stuck so far? And I don't think I saw him stick a tackle for the entire match. The amount of times the back row had to work their arses off to cover for him was more than I could count.

rexgrunt40
9th October 2011, 08:24 PM
Pumas raped by the refs... FFS NZ get away with shit no other team in the world does.

more to the point mccraw gets away with a lot

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 08:39 PM
What constitutes a blinder? throwing a hell mary pass that sticks or making 10 tackles?

One bad game. Harsh judge you are. When he plays well there is no one better. Oh that's right, he played well last time we played the all blecks.

It's not like cooper was the only one to play poorly under pressure, just the one the commentators have a go at because he was born in NZ.

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 08:42 PM

The Pumas were killing the ball something awful without getting pinged. They played well just were not good enough on the day.

Nuffie
9th October 2011, 08:52 PM
Here comes a trans-tasman curtain raiser now!

MAZA68
9th October 2011, 08:53 PM
The Pumas were killing the ball something awful without getting pinged. They played well just were not good enough on the day.

+1 took the ref a while to sort it out.

Nuffie
9th October 2011, 08:54 PM

Can the Wallabies achieve a win against the All Blacks - in the final at a venue that they have not beaten them at for 25 years???

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 08:55 PM
+1 took the ref a while to sort it out.

Northern Hemisphere refs seem to let a lot more go around the breakdown (holding on and not rolling away etc) than we are used to from Super Rugby.

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 08:57 PM

Can the Wallabies achieve a win against the All Blacks - in the final at a venue that they have not beaten them at for 25 years???

Yes they can. They can play a lot better than they did today. Same with the All Blacks who were flat today as well. Should be a great match.

Moe Norman
9th October 2011, 09:12 PM
If anyone thinks Quade Cooper would get a start in League, I have some jousting sticks to sell you.

He would dominate. Imagine Cooper with the defensive line 10m+ away from him every time he gets the ball, he would have time to panic twice and still put someone through a hole.

I'm gathering he played better than that in the super 15's this year.

cooper is a moron,he panics under pressure and against the all blacks he'll go M.I.A

rubbish. He has a few poor games now and then.

you call them hail mary's but when they come off 9 times out of 10, they are the work of a genius. Just that people like to bag him for the one that doesn't come off, after celebrating the 9 that did.

This is how he plays, it is what makes him so good. People have short memories

We have been a bit spoiled with the quality of #10s in the last couple of decades. I can't remember a worse performance. Is he looking indecisive because he's scared to do his party tricks because none of them have stuck so far?

David Knox and Tim Horan say hi. Thank god for Macqueen moving Bernie Larkham, otherwise we would have gone a generation without a decent fly half!

He had a very very poor game, people do this. He looked indecisive because of the ridiculous barrage of criticism he got for pushing a few passes in a desperate situation vs Ireland when our forwards were playing on roller skates.

People rejoice in his brilliance, then the same people whine when a pass doesn't stick. Take the good with the bad, and he is 95% good.

And I don't think I saw him stick a tackle for the entire match. The amount of times the back row had to work their arses off to cover for him was more than I could count.

We were spoilt with Larkham. Lynagh, Mehrtens, Fox, Spencer et al - none of them have ever been good defenders. Wilkinson the most notable exception of the great 5/8's, he is a brutal defender. Carter is merely average.

Cooper was the best #10 in the world this year by a mile, you don't lose that overnight.

virge666
9th October 2011, 10:56 PM
Moe,

It was a miricle that the Wallabies won today . . . their defence was absolutley first class. Their attack and kicking game was woeful.

I was at a loss to the referee decisions through most of the game for both sides - the boks were never on their feet at the breakdown and offside all through the second half. Bryce has looked out of his depth for each game he has controlled. The forward passes called were mysteries and lineout was a brawl.

You know more about this than me . . . WTF is with the awful control of the final series ?

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 11:42 PM
That defense was what won the Reds the Super 15 title. It is what won the game today. Easy to say attack was crap, but most of the time (73%) was spent in the wrong half, and possession was 55-45 or close to that. Not a lot of attack to do when you are scrambling out of your half. The only time we really had a chance to attack big Kev scored, and we got penalties. Scoring when you get the chance and top notch defense wins games.

I am at a loss to explain how SA did not score a try.

TheTrueReview
9th October 2011, 11:43 PM
... It was a miracle that the Wallabies won today . . . their defence was absolutley first class. Their attack and kicking game was woeful. ...

You're right about the miracle. No team should win with the stats that Australia had for time spent defending & time spent in own half. Ridiculous.

TourFit
10th October 2011, 01:48 AM
Moe,

It was a miricle that the Wallabies won today . . . their defence was absolutley first class. Their attack and kicking game was woeful.

I was at a loss to the referee decisions through most of the game for both sides - the boks were never on their feet at the breakdown and offside all through the second half. Bryce has looked out of his depth for each game he has controlled. The forward passes called were mysteries and lineout was a brawl.

You know more about this than me . . . WTF is with the awful control of the final series ?

+1 Virge... the tackle count was mind blowing, 147 for the Wallabies and 53 for the 'Boks. Tie that in with 56-44 SA possession and 73-27 SA territory (or something like that), it WAS a miracle. I thought our scrum was a struggle...how bad were the lineouts today? Bloody awful.

Bryce Lawrence was in charge when we played Ireland, and we saw some of his referreing 'skills' on display there!

It just baffles me how these guys can get away with so many obvious offsides...Sth Africa are masters at getting away with it, as are the Kiwis. FFS, it's NOT that hard.

PeteyD
10th October 2011, 07:38 AM
It's only offside if you get pinged for it.

sms316
10th October 2011, 08:34 AM
Put Barnes in at #10.

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:37 AM
Put Barnes in at #10.

You sure ?

He hasn't had a lot of game time of late

sms316
10th October 2011, 08:40 AM
At least the difference between his best and worst is minimal.

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:43 AM
One good headknock and he's back on the sidelines though.

Sydney Hacker
10th October 2011, 08:46 AM
I am pretty happy for Barnes to not get a lot of time on the field for the Wallabies... Might send him back into a Broncos jersey!

I was at a sportsmans lunch not that long ago with Nick Farr-Jones and he really pumps for getting Barnes back into the team, either at inside centre or fly-half, because of his steady play.

He also loves Will Genia, with a passion, and thinks he should of been made the Wallabies captain.

sms316
10th October 2011, 08:48 AM
One good headknock and he's back on the sidelines though.
That's the Queenslander in him.

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:49 AM
I am pretty happy for Barnes to not get a lot of time on the field for the Wallabies... Might send him back into a Broncos jersey!

I was at a sportsmans lunch not that long ago with Nick Farr-Jones and he really pumps for getting Barnes back into the team, either at inside centre or fly-half, because of his steady play.

He also loves Will Genia, with a passion, and thinks he should of been made the Wallabies captain.

Can't see that happening mate :(

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:50 AM
That's the Queenslander in him.

That's pretty funny when you stop and actually think about it :roll:

rexgrunt40
10th October 2011, 06:43 PM
Moe,id like to be proved wrong so ill hold future judgement till after sunday night.

MAZA68
10th October 2011, 06:48 PM
+1 Virge... the tackle count was mind blowing, 147 for the Wallabies and 53 for the 'Boks. Tie that in with 56-44 SA possession and 73-27 SA territory (or something like that), it WAS a miracle. I thought our scrum was a struggle...how bad were the lineouts today? Bloody awful.

Bryce Lawrence was in charge when we played Ireland, and we saw some of his referreing 'skills' on display there!

It just baffles me how these guys can get away with so many obvious offsides...Sth Africa are masters at getting away with it, as are the Kiwis. FFS, it's NOT that hard.

So the wallabies are never offside?

Yossarian
10th October 2011, 07:00 PM
Only McCaw is offside.

Type his name into google and see the first autoprompt!

MAZA68
10th October 2011, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Yossarian;707145]I don't really follow union that closely

but I'm impressed you made the effort to search.

Yossarian
10th October 2011, 08:26 PM
I was being sarcastic about McCaw being the only one.

Most of the blokes I know who play first grade rugby over here think McCaw is ok and that flankers do what flankers do. So I am of the opinion that most people are probably just whinging about McCaw and the AB cause that is what everyone is doing.

For mine Pocock plays a slightly 'cleaner' game as a flanker but I don't really know.

MAZA68
10th October 2011, 08:37 PM
Not sure what you mean by cleaner? He gets penalised the same as any other flanker, when he gets caught.

TheTrueReview
10th October 2011, 08:56 PM
Hopefully the Wallabies won't try & defend their way to the All Black's try line. You need the ball at some stage boys.

kpac
10th October 2011, 09:01 PM
Pocock was as good as i have seen for a while now. Mind you, as individually good as he was, he had some of his support lift their game as well, Horwill and rocky both improved.

QC was atrocious, and can't really understand him not getting dragged at 1/2 time. Moe's correct, that he gets it right more than wrong, but given it was a very bad day out, i didn't think he should have been excused from an early shower. He was made to look worse in defence due mainly to the fact we were constantly defending. He's not great at the best of times, and when they have that much ball it just make him look worse. I recon steph would win the remote in the lounge room

Moe Norman
10th October 2011, 09:02 PM
I was being sarcastic about McCaw being the only one.

Most of the blokes I know who play first grade rugby over here think McCaw is ok and that flankers do what flankers do. So I am of the opinion that most people are probably just whinging about McCaw and the AB cause that is what everyone is doing.

For mine Pocock plays a slightly 'cleaner' game as a flanker but I don't really know.

McCaw at about 22 years old was a gun and he played within the rules. He was like George Smith, not better, just like him. Then he built this enormous reputation and became this god like figure. It was at this point he started getting away with much more than anyone else.

Don't let a Crusaders fan fool you. McCaw gets away with far more than any other flanker. The amount of times you used to see Smith get his hands on the pill and then have the referee call 'no hands' and he would release it, in comparison to McCaw in an identical situation, was quite astonishing.

McCaw hasn't been through the gate in about 5 years, he plays the ball from his knees and gets away with it, and often wins a penalty by trying to reef the ball free despite the ruck being formed already.

Doesn't matter anymore though, because while Smith was as good as McCaw, but didn't get away with as much - we now have Pocock who is better than both of them, and he usually does it from an onside position. McCaw imo is slightly overrated, I reckon Kronfeld was the better #7 and Pocock is the best of the lot, he is a freak.

MAZA68
10th October 2011, 09:13 PM
An openside playing within the rules ................ are you serious?

kpac
10th October 2011, 09:17 PM
An openside playing within the rules ................ are you serious?
Strange concept for a kiwi isn't it mate....

MAZA68
10th October 2011, 09:23 PM
Its just taken the rest of the world awhile to catch on.

kpac
10th October 2011, 10:12 PM
Flankers push the rules that's a given. McCaw has a superb ability to not only push the rules, but obviously breach them and often get away with it. Words of importance underlined for New Zealand comprehension.
If you think i'm wrong theres some youtube going about which has taken some interest in this theory.

PerryGroves
10th October 2011, 10:18 PM
Flankers push the rules that's a given. McCaw has a superb ability to not only push the rules, but obviously breach them and often get away with it.

The problem with Rugby summed up in 2 sentences

kpac
10th October 2011, 10:31 PM
The problem with Rugby summed up in 2 sentences
I maintain that rugby league is a dumbed down version of the same concept.

Yossarian
10th October 2011, 10:46 PM
Not sure what you mean by cleaner? He gets penalised the same as any other flanker, when he gets caught.

Pocock comes from onside on a far more regular basis IMO.

Moe Norman
11th October 2011, 10:12 AM
and when the ruck is formed, Pocock drives over the ball instead of just picking it up. McCaw picks it up and gets away with it, even when he's not the tackler.

Michael Jones, now there was a good kiwi flanker that didn't cheat!

PeteyD
11th October 2011, 10:37 AM
McCaw picks it up and gets away with it, even when he's not the tackler.

He does get pinged for it sometimes, like the super15 final! :D

Daves
11th October 2011, 11:35 AM
That Youtube vid is very insightful, you don't notice a lot of it during the game. And the telecasts rarely show it or even mention it.

Moe Norman
11th October 2011, 11:45 AM
He does get pinged for it sometimes, like the super15 final! :D

in the last 18 months he's been pinged much more at all levels. That was after 2 years of outcry at his tactics.

I think the last straw was when he was getting away with it in the NPC and even Kiwis started whining about it! Once he cheats in the domestic competition, Kiwi fans of competiing clubs were left in a position where they could no longer pretend it doesn't happen!

PeteyD
11th October 2011, 11:50 AM
Bring back indescriminate rucking if you are on the wrong side of the ball. Problem solved.

Moe Norman
11th October 2011, 12:01 PM
That Youtube vid is very insightful, you don't notice a lot of it during the game. And the telecasts rarely show it or even mention it.

this one is good. Shows that they have cleaned up their act and started penalising him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsP3Y1dDcb0&feature=related

but how about a yellow card ffs?!?!

MAZA68
11th October 2011, 07:05 PM
Bring back indescriminate rucking if you are on the wrong side of the ball. Problem solved.

but then the poms will be whinging

virge666
11th October 2011, 07:16 PM
I liked Phil Kearns comments when Richie was rucking for the Boks in front of the the ref . . .

"Richie has his cloak of invisibility on"

Gold.

sms316
16th October 2011, 07:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2sKqAvyCzQ&feature=player_embedded

TheTrueReview
16th October 2011, 09:35 AM
New Zealand's kryptonite advances to the final.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/10/15/1226167/478984-sam-warburton.jpg

TourFit
16th October 2011, 04:14 PM
The Welsh will be dirty...1 of 6 off the boot for the night to lose by a point!

Jarro
16th October 2011, 05:16 PM
The Welsh will be dirty...1 of 6 off the boot for the night to lose by a point!

Pretty ordinary kicking by old mate wasn't it :roll:

Soft send off too .... there wasn't much in that tackle really.

TheTrueReview
16th October 2011, 09:00 PM
All Blacks vs Les Kryptonite next Sunday night.

PeteyD
16th October 2011, 09:14 PM
Yep. All blecks far too hungry tonight.

Peter
16th October 2011, 09:22 PM
Pretty ordinary performance by the Wallabies.

The Blacks were good enough, but far from their best as well.

PeteyD
16th October 2011, 09:25 PM
All blacks were far more hungry and enthusiastic.

PerryGroves
16th October 2011, 10:03 PM
We weren't good enough, far too many errors. Genia is rolling on Deans instructions with that infernal box kick, does it ever work? We can't catch and miss so many first up tackles. Un competitive from minute one which is disappointing after the Tri Nations.

MAZA68
16th October 2011, 10:11 PM
Genia does that to keep the ball away from Quade's brain explosions.

PeteyD
16th October 2011, 10:58 PM
The all blacks did a great job of running our chasers off the ball on Genia's box kicks. There should be at least 1 getting there to compete/make the tackle. The wallaby ball catches were getting smashed on the kiwi box kicks.

All blacks wanted it more, they did the little things so much better. Very disappointing from the wobblies. Lucky not to be beaten by more than 20.

Yossarian
16th October 2011, 11:15 PM
From my laymans perspective that was really disappointing, is it just me or does booting it to get metres never seem to work?

PeteyD
16th October 2011, 11:16 PM
It does if the execution is good. Like what the all blacks were doing.

Yossarian
16th October 2011, 11:22 PM
When it hasn't worked for x amount of times is it a good idea to just start running it?

rexgrunt40
16th October 2011, 11:26 PM
Moe,id like to be proved wrong so ill hold future judgement till after sunday night.

Moe,i stand by my point which was made clear at the 00.01 sec mark.

shavey
17th October 2011, 12:57 AM
Moe,i stand by my point which was made clear at the 00.01 sec mark.

Quade has got nothing!

BayBum
17th October 2011, 09:20 AM
Only god knows why the wallabies were kicking ball away,14 points down with 10 to go.*face palm*

TheTrueReview
17th October 2011, 10:32 AM
Viva La France!!! Smash the All Blacks.

3oneday
17th October 2011, 10:41 AM
Pffft, even the All Blacks can't lose that. It was funny to see SBW get binned though 8)

PerryGroves
17th October 2011, 10:51 AM
Viva La France!!! Smash the All Blacks.

Nah, I'll support The All Blacks, can't stand the ABA's (Anyone but Australia) brigade from across the Tasman, so can't be one of them.

Moe Norman
17th October 2011, 11:33 AM
hard to blame the backs who were stuck behind a forward pack who were smashed man for man comprehensively.

Cooper wasn't great at the basics, but he and Genia were getting the ball going backwards all day.

sms316
17th October 2011, 11:40 AM
How many times did the Australian back 3 catch a high ball? Probably about as many times as the NZ back 3 dropped it.

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 11:44 AM
NZ ran interference on the high balls really well. I think the wallabies watched the chasers run past em the other way. Comprehensive smashing.

TourFit
17th October 2011, 12:30 PM
Hammered in the scrum too...just really disappointted all round at the Wallabies' game. They never looked in it. Jane & Dagg were supreme under the high ball (albeit with little pressure). Nonu had a big game and well...hate to say it...but Ritchie was Ritchie (AGAIN!)

They mentioned in commentary that the NZ media had done the Pocock beat up really well and Joubert was alert to it early...as usual, McCaw got away with a lot (AGAIN!)

But that wasn't why we lost!

All Blecks to smash Les Bleu

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 12:35 PM
Richie played his best game in a fair while. That cloak of invisibility Harry Potter lent him is awesomeness.

Pocock was outplayed but the All Black cleanout was savage.

Jarro
23rd October 2011, 05:09 PM
Go France !!!!

meh
23rd October 2011, 06:54 PM
Pretty ordinary performance by the Wallabies.

The Blacks were good enough, but far from their best as well.

Far from their best?!? I don't know one person who would agree with that.

Jarro
23rd October 2011, 08:11 PM
they're not beaten yet Dickie

TheTrueReview
23rd October 2011, 08:26 PM
Go France !!!!

Oui oui!!

virge666
23rd October 2011, 09:26 PM
Why could we not play THOSE All Blacks last week . . . We would have smashed them.

I don't think they had the ball at all in the second half . . .

meh
23rd October 2011, 09:41 PM
Why could we not play THOSE All Blacks last week . . . We would have smashed them.

I don't think they had the ball at all in the second half . . .

Geez, how about credit where its due?!? Fourth string no. 10 and still good enough to win. Congrats to the kiwis, thoroughly deserving.

Yossarian
23rd October 2011, 09:42 PM
French deserved ​to win.

TheTrueReview
23rd October 2011, 09:43 PM
For some reason the French just revel in playing the All Blacks. They won the stats except the one involving the scoreline. But losing by one point was no disgrace. Went within a whisker of winning. Kudos to both teams.

dc68
23rd October 2011, 09:49 PM
After 15-20 phases deep in the 2nd half the Frogs knock on... Kiwi commentators say good work Richie McCaw putting pressure on in the ruck. Aussie speak for get your ****ing cheating hands out of there McCaw ya ****!!!!

virge666
23rd October 2011, 09:55 PM
Geez, how about credit where its due?!? Fourth string no. 10 and still good enough to win. Congrats to the kiwis, thoroughly deserving.

Seriously mate . . . They were shit. The French also lost their playmakers . . .

The French were pretty good, but that was not the AB team I came to watch.

MAZA68
23rd October 2011, 10:02 PM
world champions = all blacks

virge666
23rd October 2011, 10:07 PM
world champions = all blacks

Yeah I know . . . Well done.

I just wanted the French to be smashed by them... But it never happened.

meh
23rd October 2011, 10:13 PM
Seriously mate . . . They were shit. The French also lost their playmakers . . . The French were pretty good, but that was not the AB team I came to watch. Oh, I thought you'd taken the seriousness out of it by suggesting Australia would have smashed them. They were hardly shit, got in front and stayed there, they did what they had to do to win. Did they play like they normally do? No. Did they play good world cup final winning rugby? Sure did.

virge666
23rd October 2011, 10:22 PM
Oh, I thought you'd taken the seriousness out of it by suggesting Australia would have smashed them. They were hardly shit, got in front and stayed there, they did what they had to do to win. Did they play like they normally do? No. Did they play good world cup final winning rugby? Sure did.

There was nothing good about the win... It was like watching Australia beat the Yarpies a couple of weeks back. For some reason, the normal game plan that won them the TriNations seems to get thrown out the window in favor of some kind of plan the should prevent them for losing.

Poor form in both cases and hardly entertaining or a showcase to the world about my favorite sport.

I expected the Kiwis to come out an dominate... Instead they kicked away possession, their forward pack was woeful and the backs seem to be in total defense mode for the entire game.

But hey, they scraped home against a side that only just beat Wales by a point with 14 men.

FFS, no wonder people watch League instead of that shite.

MAZA68
23rd October 2011, 10:22 PM
French were always going to be up for this game, and tough to contain. The All Blacks defence was huge and won the game for them.

Moe Norman
23rd October 2011, 10:48 PM
Was going for the All Blacks, no way I want the surrender monkeys to win. It appears the referee was barracking harder than I was!

meh
23rd October 2011, 10:48 PM
There was nothing good about the win... It was like watching Australia beat the Yarpies a couple of weeks back. For some reason, the normal game plan that won them the TriNations seems to get thrown out the window in favor of some kind of plan the should prevent them for losing.

Poor form in both cases and hardly entertaining or a showcase to the world about my favorite sport.

I expected the Kiwis to come out an dominate... Instead they kicked away possession, their forward pack was woeful and the backs seem to be in total defense mode for the entire game.

But hey, they scraped home against a side that only just beat Wales by a point with 14 men.

FFS, no wonder people watch League instead of that shite.

Who watches league?!? Two and a half countries, that's who?

Sometimes you have to win ugly. And with Stephen Donald, too!!!!!!!

Peter
24th October 2011, 08:22 AM
Far from their best?!? I don't know one person who would agree with that.
I guess you don't know many people.

Jarro
24th October 2011, 08:28 AM
I guess you don't know many people.

That's what i was thinking as well :-s

sms316
24th October 2011, 08:32 AM
meh is no worse than all of you Queensland ****s after Origin.

Jarro
24th October 2011, 08:33 AM
Well maybe we QLD lads should start to whinge and moan like you after you get your arse handed to you ....

... again :roll:

virge666
24th October 2011, 08:35 AM
Who watches league?!? Two and a half countries, that's who?

Sometimes you have to win ugly. And with Stephen Donald, too!!!!!!!

In this country more people watch Soccer than Rugby . . . and finals like that are the reason why.

I thought Stephen Donald played well considering that runt of a half back never passed the ball at all in the 2nd half... Box kick after box kick after box kick to his chasers who were absolutley shattered after defending against 120Kg forwards for 10 mins.

They had a dumb game plan against a team that only started playing well once they realised how one dimensional the ABs were going to play.

And FFS, they have to fix the breakdown... every flanker from every team is slowing the ball down, they are coming in from all sides and playing the ball and players on the ground. It is as much of a joke as a League Scrum and it is taking away from the spectacle.

IamViva
24th October 2011, 08:56 AM
meh is no worse than all of you Queensland ****s after Origin.

when the all blacks win 6 world cups in a row im sure everyone will show some respect, but trying to choke yourself out of another world cup, thats a different story

PeteyD
24th October 2011, 09:28 AM
Great game and great world cup. Well done all blecks, avoiding the choke. Geez there were some great games.

I agree on the breakdown. Super 15 they are much more stringent on it. Obviously the IRB asked them to let more go at the breakdown. Allow player son the wrong side to get rucked. I got sick of watching McCaw lurk around offside on the tackle. Might be time to allow clean out on the edges :D

Moe Norman
24th October 2011, 10:09 AM
the frustrating part of the breakdown is the rare time when I flanker legally gets his hands on the pill and the player on the ground fights him for it, the referee never blows an instant penalty. This just invotes more people to play the ball illegally.

It goes both ways, often the defensive flanker plays the ball when he shouldn't, and often the attacking player on the ground, refuses to release it.

Whatever happened to short arm penalties? Referees are nervous about blowing penalties because it often results in points, so blow a freaking short arm for small infringements!

meh
24th October 2011, 11:17 AM
That's what i was thinking as well :-s

They were far from their best last night, for sure. They were pretty decent against Australia. To say they were far from their best against Australia is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Probably best you go back to commenting on league seeing as you're out of your depth.

As for Peter, he just writes one stupid thing after another.

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the forum meh. Tell us a bit about yourself?

meh
24th October 2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum meh. Tell us a bit about yourself?

I noticed the welcome forum and was planning to do that.

TheNuclearOne
24th October 2011, 11:26 AM
I noticed the welcome forum and was planning to do that.

You've got a great future in here.

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 11:28 AM
Cool.

Personally I think beating a side that lost 2 pool games, barely beat the welsh with 14 men, didn't score a whole lot during the tournament isn't that impressive.

meh
24th October 2011, 11:33 AM
Cool.

Personally I think beating a side that lost 2 pool games, barely beat the welsh with 14 men, didn't score a whole lot during the tournament isn't that impressive.

It's fine to say that but the French played like a different team to the one that were crap last week and lost the pool games.

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 11:42 AM
The all blacks played differently to last week as well.

PeteyD
24th October 2011, 11:45 AM
Cool.

You do not understand French Rugby. There is nothing else like it.

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 11:46 AM
You do not understand French Rugby. There is nothing else like it.

Play quite shit until the grand final?

meh
24th October 2011, 11:49 AM
The all blacks played differently to last week as well.

Yes, very true. What is your point though? The best team in the team tournament won and I think they should get some credit, not bitching about the breakdown, France played better, Australia would have won etc etc

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 11:51 AM
Yes, very true. What is your point though? The best team in the team tournament won and I think they should get some credit, not bitching about the breakdown, France played better, Australia would have won etc etc

Yes well done kiwis.

My point, I think, is that I think they were faaaaaarkikn lucky to get away with it. Especially as the maligned Donald kicked the winner!, And seeing as you mention it the french probably did deserve a couple more penalties out of the breakdown.

PeteyD
24th October 2011, 11:56 AM

Pretty much. Do enough to get there and then pull it outa their ass is how they play.

Tonga game meant nothing, so they weren't going to play there.

1st NZ game really meant nothing so weren't going to play then either.

Smashed a dissappointing England side in the QF, so didn;t play like shit that week.

Did enough against Wales to somehow win.

Did more than enough to win against the All Blecks but were denied by some awesome defense and a trick play at a lineout.

sms316
24th October 2011, 12:04 PM
Compare them to FNQ golfers Yoss. Do nothing all year and then when they play in matchplay they play to their full potential.

Peter
24th October 2011, 01:02 PM
They were far from their best last night, for sure. They were pretty decent against Australia. To say they were far from their best against Australia is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Probably best you go back to commenting on league seeing as you're out of your depth.

As for Peter, he just writes one stupid thing after another.
You seem to be getting a bit worked up champ, perhaps it's time for a lie down?

Daves
24th October 2011, 01:04 PM
The sale of brown paper bags must have gone through the roof in NuZuland yesterday. I can still hear the wheezing.

meh
24th October 2011, 01:04 PM
You seem to be getting a bit worked up champ, perhaps it's time for a lie down?

Thanks for proving my point, ace.

Peter
24th October 2011, 01:11 PM
It's still not clear to me what your point is, and you seem to be getting quite worked up about a comment made over a week ago.

The AB's at their best score more than 1 try against a woeful Aussie side that gifts them quality ball and field position.

The fact that Australia even got close with that performance indicates to me that NZ were nowhere near their best (albeit still plenty good enough).

You disagree?

Moe Norman
24th October 2011, 01:12 PM

No. Play inconsistent and unconventional Rugby with periods of incredible brilliance.

They just never strong it together long enough to win a knockout tournament. Their 2nd half vs the AB's in 99 Semi was the best half of Rugby I've probably ever seen, then they got smashed by the Wallabies in the final playing a conservative style with rubbish spoiling tactics. They then produced a stunning upset in 07 to beat the AB's in the quarters and then promptly lost to a horrible England outfit in the semis on their own turf.

If you want to see the French flair and inconsistency, just go back 25 years to the last time the All Blacks were beaten at Eden Park. That try you see in the ads lately, that was that game.

meh
24th October 2011, 01:18 PM
How did they get close? They lost by 14 points. Given the scoring at the pointy end of the tournament 14 is not close IMO. Graham Henry seemed pretty pleased with how they played, pertty sure his opinion holds more weight than yours. Bonus points encourage a more open style of play, sudden death encourages winning and nothing else. If you want to see "pretty" rugby, watch the tri-nations.

Peter
24th October 2011, 01:23 PM
meh, are you a Kiwi?

meh
24th October 2011, 01:32 PM
meh, are you a Kiwi?

No. Are you a troll?

Peter
24th October 2011, 01:39 PM
That's a shame, at least it would have given you a good excuse for carrying on like a knob.

Put Carter in that side and the game is over by halftime (instead of Australia only being behind by 8).

meh
24th October 2011, 01:55 PM
That's a shame, at least it would have given you a good excuse for carrying on like a knob.

Put Carter in that side and the game is over by halftime (instead of Australia only being behind by 8).

So what's your excuse?

Peter
24th October 2011, 02:11 PM
So what's your excuse?
Superiority complex.

meh
24th October 2011, 02:13 PM
Superiority complex.

Agreed, you are definitely superior when it comes to being a nob.

Jarro
24th October 2011, 02:15 PM
guys, give it a rest.

sms316
24th October 2011, 02:16 PM
Bugger off jarro. This is entertaining.

Peter
24th October 2011, 02:46 PM
Agreed, you are definitely superior when it comes to being a nob.
If you're going to try something you might as well be good at it.

Looking forward to your post in the intro section. Since you're not a Kiwi, I'm guessing that you're vertically challenged?

Peter
24th October 2011, 02:50 PM
guys, give it a rest.
Sure thing boss.

poidda
24th October 2011, 02:57 PM
What was with the post-match song that chick sang? Talk about a downer. Surely a bit of "Slice of Heaven" was needed!

meh
24th October 2011, 02:58 PM
If you're going to try something you might as well be good at it.

Looking forward to your post in the intro section. Since you're not a Kiwi, I'm guessing that you're vertically challenged?

There's always one complete idiot on every forum, I guess this is your way of introducing yourself to new members?

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah Peter, I am the forum idiot so get off my turf!

meh
24th October 2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah Peter, I am the forum idiot so get off my turf!

Sorry, I had you as runner up. ;)

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 03:03 PM
You've thrown down a pretty strong challenge yourself.

meh
24th October 2011, 03:15 PM
You've thrown down a pretty strong challenge yourself.

How so? Because my opinion is different to yours? All I suggested was that the kiwis were not receiving the kudos deserved. I made comment that all he writes is crap, haven't seen anything to suggest that wasn't on the mark.

Jarro
24th October 2011, 03:19 PM
How so? Because my opinion is different to yours? All I suggested was that the kiwis were not receiving the kudos deserved. I made comment that all he writes is crap, haven't seen anything to suggest that wasn't on the mark.

You've certainly come into OzGolf 'swinging' .....

.. you don't believe in finding your feet before waving around the big stick ?

meh
24th October 2011, 03:33 PM
You've certainly come into OzGolf 'swinging' .....

.. you don't believe in finding your feet before waving around the big stick ?

If carrying on with rubbish like "vertically challenged" floats his boat, says a lot in my opinion.

MegaWatty
24th October 2011, 03:35 PM
Meh....

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 03:41 PM
I've got no issue with new posters coming on and strongly voicing an opinion.

I retract my idiot statement, it is more "Most Abrasive New Poster of 2011" award.

meh
24th October 2011, 03:48 PM
I've got no issue with new posters coming on and strongly voicing an opinion.

I retract my idiot statement, it is more "Most Abrasive New Poster of 2011" award.

I can live with that.

rubin
24th October 2011, 03:54 PM
Can u start up a thread to involve Just and Blakey. U guys would get on like a house on fire ;)

FWIW - I know nothing on rugby, I enjoy watching the games and seeing those massive blokes belt the shit of each other - but still think your a muppet for jumping on a forum to give people a spray 5 mins after joining.

TheTrueReview
24th October 2011, 04:18 PM
"Why can't we all get along?"

http://www.celebrities-with-diseases.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/rking.jpg

just
24th October 2011, 04:58 PM
Can u start up a thread to involve Just and Blakey. U guys would get on like a house on fire ;)
I'm nothing like this dullard.

rubin
24th October 2011, 05:02 PM

It wasnt a reference to you lacking intelligence - it was more your propensity to enjoy an argument.

Jarro
24th October 2011, 05:02 PM

I dunno .... you're both Maltby fans ;)

meh
24th October 2011, 10:05 PM

Dullard, huh?!? What a shame, the way rubin spoke of you I was expecting a lot more. Congrats on finding thesaurus.com. Yawn.

just
24th October 2011, 10:17 PM
Are you expressing surprise that you are a dullard or merely that don't understand what it means? Your overuse of punctuation makes it hard to determine. Either way it's unsurprising. Save expressing your inferiority complex for someone who cares.

Yossarian
24th October 2011, 10:31 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5951/unlednwu.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/unlednwu.png/)

IamViva
24th October 2011, 10:41 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5951/unlednwu.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/unlednwu.png/)
aaaahaha, feel the love!

TheTrueReview
24th October 2011, 11:09 PM
Is a "dullard" the same as a "gillard"?

Eag's
24th October 2011, 11:14 PM
Dullard, huh?!? What a shame, the way rubin spoke of you I was expecting a lot more. Congrats on finding thesaurus.com. Yawn.

Just is the thesaurus, you will learn that if you stick around long enough.

PeteyD
25th October 2011, 07:32 AM
FAIL.

Ned
25th October 2011, 08:08 AM
France fined for linking arms and advancing on the All Blacks before Rugby World Cup final haka

October 25, 2011 7:00AM

France's decision to link arms and advance on the All Blacks during their haka before the Rugby World Cup final on Sunday has cost them $15,000.

Despite France captain Thierry Dusautoir, who was named the IRB player of the year (http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/rugby-world-cup-2011/france-captain-thierry-dusautoir-named-irb-player-of-the-year-a-day-after-losing-rugby-world-cup-final-to-new-zealand/story-e6frf4zl-1226175609040), suggesting his team tried to make a statement with their actions, where they formed a V at the 10 metre mark, before advancing up to the New Zealand side before the World Cup final (http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/rugby-world-cup-2011/new-zealand-and-france-meet-in-the-2011-rugby-world-cup-final-at-eden-park-in-auckland/story-e6frf4zl-1226174494268). But some members of the side breached International Rugby Board regulation by stepping beyond the halfway line.

"At one stage we were so close to them that they wanted to kiss the New Zealanders, but I told them to take it easy," Dusautoir said, before learning that his team had been fined.

"It was a great moment and a moment we will remember all our lives."

France coach Marc Lievermont believes Dusautoir tried to stop his teammates going too far, and that the £10,000 fine was harsh.

"He tried to stop them, there was a bit of movement bringing them forward," Lievremont said.

"But a fine? I don't know."

A final decision is expected later this week.

Daves
25th October 2011, 08:10 AM
Simple answer, ban the f****** Haka. What a lot of bs.

sms316
25th October 2011, 08:18 AM
Simple answer, ban the f****** Haka. What a lot of bs.
+1. It has changed from being purely cermonial to a one way intimidation session. France being fined proves it.

virge666
25th October 2011, 08:21 AM
That is bloody entertaining... Meh - Welcome aboard !

As for the French Ban . . . FFS, they can't ref the breakdown but they can fine a team for a bit of theatre !

The IRB is a Joke.

virge666
25th October 2011, 08:27 AM
+1. It has changed from being purely cermonial to a one way intimidation session. France being fined proves it.

Rubbish - it is a bit of theatre for the audience. I have asked a few ex players about it and they all said much the same thing... It is just for TV. 60,000 fans screaming "All Blacks" is worth about 120,000 Hakas.

France being fined just shows how out of touch the IRB is.

sms316
25th October 2011, 08:30 AM
It's a wank. White guys doing a Maori dance.

Grunt
25th October 2011, 08:58 AM
That is bloody entertaining... Meh - Welcome aboard !

As for the French Ban . . . FFS, they can't ref the breakdown but they can fine a team for a bit of theatre !

The IRB is a Joke.

Agree 110%

TheTrueReview
25th October 2011, 09:16 AM
Agree 110%

+ 1. One team is allowed to put on an aggressive war dance to intimidate the other, including moving forward aggressively. The opposition walks forward arm in arm & is fined because it crosses the half way line. Pathetic.

poidda
25th October 2011, 09:25 AM
What a joke. Did the IRB expect the French to drop their guns and run or something?!

Dcanto
25th October 2011, 09:40 AM
It would have been hilarious if the frogs started doing the can-can.

PeteyD
25th October 2011, 09:45 AM
The regulations are quite clear that you can not cross the half way line. The primary reason is apparently for tv so the cameras can scoot along the haka to show the minions in their living rooms. If they had not crossed halfway there would be no fine.

Having said that, the IRB have shown themselves to be morons in the following ways:
Fining Samoan players for wearing mouthguards of a different brand (10k which is most likely 3-4 months pay at least)
Scheduling of the games for the minor nations compared to the major ones (a joke).
Fining France for the above
Making the refs go easy on the breakdown. Bring back rucking and short arm penalties for slowing the ball down, yellow card if it persists.
Crouch touch pause do you hair have a piss engage
And the crowning glory, "No team is irreplacable" when the all blacks stated they may not be able to afford the RWC in 2015. RWC without the all blacks? Stupid northern hemisphere wankers.

For all of that, I thought it was a great world cup with some exceptional matches, including the final.

sms316
25th October 2011, 10:03 AM
Why would NZ struggle to afford to participate in the 2015 RWC? Nice bluff.

PeteyD
25th October 2011, 10:40 AM
The expense of sending the team away for 6 weeks. Probably all the hangers on.

Peter
25th October 2011, 10:55 AM
Isn't it due to lost revenue from the reduced number of games in World Cup years?

PeteyD
25th October 2011, 11:05 AM
That would be part of it, but I think the main push is to shorten the tournament. Could be the same crap they carry on with in regards to the tri-nations (soon to be quad nations I guess) and it eating into the NPC season.

virge666
25th October 2011, 11:10 AM
Why would NZ struggle to afford to participate in the 2015 RWC? Nice bluff.

It has to do with sponsors... the AB jersey can only have World Cup sponsors... not their local ones.

The ABs get a tiny kickback from these world sponsors, and want the cash from their local sponsors.

hence the comment - we cant afford to go under these regulations.

PeteyD
25th October 2011, 11:16 AM
ahhh. Stupid IRB strikes again.

Moe Norman
25th October 2011, 11:22 AM
It's a wank. White guys doing a Maori dance.

A mate of mine from Toowoomba who is a dinky di slow drawl aussie country bumpkin, played for the All-Blacks after he couldn't get a contract in Australia, he was signed by the Auckland Blues and qualified for the AB's under residency rules.

Watching him do the Haka was comical to say the least. A white Australian country boy performing the Haka!

sms316
25th October 2011, 11:34 AM
It has to do with sponsors... the AB jersey can only have World Cup sponsors... not their local ones.

The ABs get a tiny kickback from these world sponsors, and want the cash from their local sponsors.

hence the comment - we cant afford to go under these regulations.
All Blacks never have a sponsor on their jersey anyway (apart from adidas). Perhaps they should sell out like everyone else.

Moe Norman
25th October 2011, 11:55 AM
more to do with clean stadiums etc I think, however the IRB rules are rubbish.

I worked at Suncorp during the 2003 World Cup and we were a major sponsor, which meant we sponsored the WC, not the Wallabies and the deal was with the IRB. After that, we felt we had built a good relationship with the Wallaby organisation and had Eddie Jones come and do some boardroom lunches etc.

Sure enough the ARU marketing guys saw an opportunity and presented us with a proposal to sponsor the Wallabies. Much to our surprise, it costs close to triple the amount to sponsor the Wallabies for 12 months than it does to sponsor a WC. So the sponsorship rights to an international side during a World Cup year are heavily devalued as a result and cost the countries squillions. Instead of being able to seel their own rights at market value, they are forced to take a % cut of a smaller deal brokered by the IRB.

If people remember 2003, they will probably remember the guerilla marketing crack down and how people were not allowed into games with certain logos etc. Vodafone were the Wallaby sponsors at the time, but Telstra were the World Cup sponsors, so Vodafone did all sorts of guerilla tactics outside grounds handing out promotional gear etc. It got very ugly there for a while, and I'm not sure common sense prevailed.

sms316
25th October 2011, 11:58 AM
more to do with clean stadiums etc I think.
That was a major factor in NZ losing co-host duties in 2003.

dc68
25th October 2011, 12:06 PM
I enjoy watching the games and seeing those massive blokes belt the shit of each other .

You should check out wrestling Lubin I hear it's much the same but they do it in jock and or tights.

virge666
25th October 2011, 12:59 PM
Cheers Moe - way better worded and explained than I.

Where is the next one ?

TheTrueReview
25th October 2011, 01:06 PM
I've always thought the Haka being done in a teams face was over the top. I remember one time when the Wallabies jogged away back to their in goal line while the black garbed clowns did their silly little dance on half-way. Loved it. If the Haka is all about the TV viewers & the crowd, I'd be happy if the Wallabies just stayed in the dressing room till it was over & then ran out on the field. Who needs that shyte.

virge666
25th October 2011, 01:26 PM
I've always thought the Haka being done in a teams face was over the top. I remember one time when the Wallabies jogged away back to their in goal line while the black garbed clowns did their silly little dance on half-way. Loved it. If the Haka is all about the TV viewers & the crowd, I'd be happy if the Wallabies just stayed in the dressing room till it was over & then ran out on the field. Who needs that shyte.

T H E A T R E . . . .

It is not life and death - Rugby is meant to be Entertainment. Let them do their little dance. Bread and Circus'

PerryGroves
25th October 2011, 01:34 PM

If you don't like the haka there is an easy solution when the Wallabies are playing. If you threaten to have John Williamson strolling the touchline, guitar in hand singing Waltzing Matilda or the even more cringable True Blue, that'll stop it.

Moe Norman
25th October 2011, 01:44 PM
I'd prefer the Haka it if were onyl performed by the Maori contingent of the team, but that would never work.

If you've ever watches NZ Maori play, their haka is awesome. Or the one Tonga did vs the AB's at Suncorp stadium in 2003 on a misty night, that was sensational!

This video doesn't capture it too well, but there some seriously scary Tongans in the middle that made Kees Meeuwes look rather light hearted. You can hear the crowds excitement rise when the Tongans start charging forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9nLK5PHqg&feature=related

They then promptly lost by over 80 points...

TheTrueReview
25th October 2011, 01:50 PM
If you don't like the haka there is an easy solution when the Wallabies are playing. If you threaten to have John Williamson strolling the touchline, guitar in hand singing Waltzing Matilda or the even more cringable True Blue, that'll stop it.

Now that's an idea.

Or perhaps we could have this person on half-way singing True Blue. That'd scare them.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljp5wpulRi1qhm4o1o1_500.jpg

TourFit
25th October 2011, 03:55 PM
Bluey singing True Blue...now that'd be appropriate!

Bet the French would surrender before the game for sure...and the Italians would run away too.

I also agree that the fine for the French was just ridiculous. If you're gonna allow theatre and 'mock' intimidation for one side then allow the theatre in return. The French did nothing but stand up to that intimidation (unusual in itself for Frogs) and used it to fire up.

Good on them.