PDA

View Full Version : E-GO Couriers

Steve57
31st August 2011, 01:24 PM
Just received an email from E-Go for additional freight on a driver shaft that I sent to TommyG in Perth a couple of weeks ago. My measurements on the box were 122cm x 11cm x 11cm (4 kg cubic weight) yet they now claim that it was 106.5cm x 26.5cm x 20.5cm (6 kg cubic) and want me to pay an additional $13.75 (original cost was $12.65).
I emailed them to get them to check their records as I believed that they had made an error and I stated that I was not going to pay any extra. Within 10 minutes I had a response to say that the details quoted on the extra invoice were correct. I again emailed them and told them that they were wrong and that I would not be paying any more. The reply " Thats disappointing but OK".
Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Yossarian
31st August 2011, 02:11 PM
No, I've usually taken a cm or two off here and there as well. They did deliver it didn't they?

Captain Nemo
31st August 2011, 02:15 PM
Just got the same thing for an R11 i sent out!

Flavzz
31st August 2011, 02:15 PM
I've used them half a dozen times without an issue but I know some of the boys on here have had some issues. 6kg driver shaft ;)

Yossarian
31st August 2011, 02:19 PM
Just got the same thing for an R11 i sent out!

A worrying sign. Strange that they are trying it on after they have delivered it.

Steve57
31st August 2011, 02:27 PM
A worrying sign. Strange that they are trying it on after they have delivered it.

That's why I thought I would check.
Tommy got the shaft OK and I have asked him to check the box dimensions if he still has it.
The only way that the side dimensions could have been wrong is if they had flattened it and then one of the dimensions would have been considerably shorter!!

markTHEblake
31st August 2011, 05:47 PM
Thats a bloody big box for a golf club! Perhaps the box got trashed and some clown somewhere replaced the box.

My understandings of their operations their customer service has next to no chance of physically checking the box, so they are just acting on someone elses report and obviously is not worth their while to pursue it when you dug your heels in, and this would be much the same with most couriers.. I have never had an issue with them but i always write the measurements at the top of the box for my own reference, next time I shall take a photo of the box, the connote and a ruler, just for a little insurance.

Plus I always overestimate the box size anyway. Their thresholds are much bigger than a few centimetres.

simmsy
31st August 2011, 06:29 PM
26x20 is massive box.

of all the drivers i have posted out this year they've all had the same dimensions when sending with e-go (110x10x10) and ive never had a problem.

gazgolf1
31st August 2011, 06:52 PM
Thats crap, so they are saying the width and depth is almost equal to a school 30cm ruler if you need a visual. Even boxes that the manufacturers ship irons in may be almost 30cm wide they are not 30cm deep, tell them to get ****ed.

Webster
31st August 2011, 06:55 PM
26x20 is massive box.

Absolutely. That's almost Mimi McPherson sized.

3oneday
31st August 2011, 07:09 PM
I have received this 3 times so far, tell them to contact the receiver and they will confirm the box size. At worst, get Tommy to take a picture of the box with a ruler next to it.

It becomes your word against theirs without evidence, so supply it. Lots of folks are ripping them off apparently, but in this instance their machinery is faulty, it happens.

TheTrueReview
31st August 2011, 07:11 PM
Absolutely. That's almost Mimi McPherson sized.

You were in the video?

Webster
31st August 2011, 07:48 PM
I was hiding in the cupboard.

tommyg
31st August 2011, 11:22 PM
I got the shaft ok.... theres no way the box was that big. I'll dig it out tomorrow and measure it for you...

peter_rs
1st September 2011, 07:23 AM
Thats a bloody big box for a golf club! Perhaps the box got trashed and some clown somewhere replaced the box.

My understandings of their operations their customer service has next to no chance of physically checking the box, so they are just acting on someone elses report and obviously is not worth their while to pursue it when you dug your heels in, and this would be much the same with most couriers.. I have never had an issue with them but i always write the measurements at the top of the box for my own reference, next time I shall take a photo of the box, the connote and a ruler, just for a little insurance.

Plus I always overestimate the box size anyway. Their thresholds are much bigger than a few centimetres.

your info is not quite right (for once ;)).

If you tracking show a scan other then pickup and delievery then there is a high chance it has been processed like wise if it went via a capitial city.

It would not matter if you have a photo if they wanted to push it, but it would cost more time & money then you are worth to them to chase it. You would also be saved by the fact freight companies work on a very small window for revenue protection.

3oneday
1st September 2011, 08:02 AM
If you tracking show a scan other then pickup and delievery then there is a high chance it has been processed like wise if it went via a capitial city.

what's your first language again ?

It would not matter if you have a photo if they wanted to push it, but it would cost more time & money then you are worth to them to chase it.

Nope wrong, they ask for evidence, produce it (in english) and they may comprehend it.

peter_rs
1st September 2011, 07:51 PM
So a cop has never let u off speeding.

It's not worth their time. If u had an account and had a couple thousand in back charges they would chase u.

Captain Nemo
1st September 2011, 08:03 PM
I havnt paid my extra yet, see what happens!

markTHEblake
1st September 2011, 08:05 PM
your info is not quite right (for once ;)).

I am actually not sure what you think is not quite right, you quoted me entirely, could you be more specific. ;-)

what's your first language again ?

Have you seen the size of this guys fingers? imagine trying to type on smartphone keyboard with a football!

PeteyD
1st September 2011, 08:08 PM
I had something similar, but thought it was a one off. Did my nana and said there is no way to ship a driver in a 50 x40 box or whatever they claimed it was. Seems their system is not so good.

kwikee
1st September 2011, 08:09 PM
I've got some stuff in transit with them right now but so far so good.

tommyg
2nd September 2011, 09:05 PM
I checked the box today and its not more than 11 x 11cm. Tell em to go jam it. They can feel free to come and collect the box and measure it themselves if in doubt

Daves
2nd September 2011, 09:06 PM
I checked the box today and its not more than 11 x 11cm. Tell em to go jam it. They can feel free to come and collect the box and measure it themselves if in doubt

It would be better if they had a much bigger box to jam though Tommy!;)

kingslayer33
3rd September 2011, 09:44 AM
Received a delivery Yesterday from Canuckdownunder. Left Qld on Monday and in Hobart by Friday. Not bad when compared to AP who often take 7 days for same journey. No comment on size of carton yet, that I am aware of anyway.