PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Wolston Park GC, Thursday September 1, 8:30a

AndyP
29th August 2011, 01:13 PM
We're playing a game after I drop kids off at school.

1. AndyP
2. Iain

Anyone else?

AndyP
31st August 2011, 03:34 PM
I checked with the pro shop today and we will be fine to hit off when we get there. If we don't beat the ladies going off the first, we will be able to go off the 10th instead.

Don't expect to gain too much confidence with your putter, Iain.

AndyP
1st September 2011, 02:21 PM
Great weather for a hit this morning. The ladies beat us off the first, so we started on the tenth and got around in under 3.5 hours.

Iain struggled on a few holes with the lack of local knowledge, but still hit it well and had a solid score. His Neo didn't like the course though, as it was out by about 10m most of the time. We should have stopped putting trust in it, but I blindly did with a few holes to go and put it OOB long. Stoopid!

1. AndyP 41pts
2. Iain 36pts

BrisVegas
1st September 2011, 02:42 PM
wow, good shooting AndyP!

AndyP
1st September 2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks, I've hit it really well the last couple of rounds.

AndyP
1st September 2011, 03:07 PM
Iain, I had a look and I did shoot my other 72 at Wally Park with you as a playing partner. Early September last year.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/20337-Wolston-Park-GC-Tuesday-September-7-9-15a?p=525295&viewfull=1#post525295

Come back again a bit sooner next time.

BrisVegas
1st September 2011, 03:09 PM
What chance we play the Xmas game at Wally, followed by drinks and BBQ at the club. I'm sure they could use the patronage. Is the clubhouse back up and running again ?

AndyP
1st September 2011, 03:25 PM
It had crossed my mind, but not everyone is a fan. The kitchen is fully operational again, and they also have a BBQ there. Everything seems back to normal except less undergrowth and some bare patches on a few holes. I can't predict what my availability will be like, but I could see what bookings the club has on Sundays leading up to Xmas.

BrisVegas
1st September 2011, 03:28 PM
Not everyone is a fan of Brookwater either. It's not about the golf. :wink:

It was just a thought. Given it's $12 or something for the golf, i thought we could just have drinks and food at the club. And it's actually a fun course to play as there are plenty of risk/reward situations and it doesn't beat you up like others do.

AndyP
1st September 2011, 03:32 PM
The usual Sunday has about 6-8 groups blocked off for comp leading up to 7am, then social groups. I'm sure full fee paying social groups would get preference for bookings after that, but I can ask about it.

Hey Iain, it helps to put your surname on your scorecard. I just got a call from the pro asking for it.

Jarro
1st September 2011, 03:33 PM
Did Iain hit his driver at all today ?

How'd it go ?

BrisVegas
1st September 2011, 03:34 PM
pre 7am would be fine. I'm happy with that option. See what others think I guess. It's early days.... Let's talk about it at the champs.

AndyP
1st September 2011, 03:36 PM
He certainly did. Mostly straight, although he seemed to flirt with the right hand side a bit. The bad ones were hooks on 15 and 9, and a big push right on 1 (our 10th).

Iain
1st September 2011, 05:56 PM
Did Iain hit his driver at all today ?

How'd it go ?

He certainly did. Mostly straight, although he seemed to flirt with the right hand side a bit. The bad ones were hooks on 15 and 9, and a big push right on 1 (our 10th).

Pretty much what Andy said, hit it ok. 2 pulls/draws that I didn't want. Just having trouble starting it where I want, just pushing it right a little. But thats more my swing than anything else.

Thanks for the day Andy, nice 3.5hr round. Who said you were slow?!!

AndyP
7th September 2011, 03:34 PM
My 41 points was good enough to win nothing. 42 points got the comp win and was the only prize awarded.

No pin prize awarded for the NTP on the 8th because there were no names on it, I assume. Good one, Iain. #-o