PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Users

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 12:55 PM
Whos gaming one?
Hows it going (Brenton need not reply;))
Also can someone give me a measurement from the sole to the top of the hosel please!

Peppas
28th August 2011, 01:03 PM
I have one. I game it now and then.

It goes ok, but I'm a terrible putter.

Sole to top of the hosel is approximate 7.5cm, probably a touch more so about 3 inches I'm guessing. Sole isn't flat though, I took the measurement along the line of the shaft if that makes sense.

Dangals
28th August 2011, 01:29 PM
I game one also - it has been a great change from my old 2 ball which I had used forever.

I find I just need to work on my putting stroke (too many are being pulled left) as that is letting my putting down at the moment - but I love the feel of it and I found my distance control much better with this putter.

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 01:30 PM
I have one. I game it now and then.

It goes ok, but I'm a terrible putter.

Sole to top of the hosel is approximate 7.5cm, probably a touch more so about 3 inches I'm guessing. Sole isn't flat though, I took the measurement along the line of the shaft if that makes sense.

Thanks T, thats what i need!

Peppas
28th August 2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks T, thats what i need!

No worries. You can borrow it if you're down my way again. Might be too long for you at 34" though :)

Flavzz
28th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Titleist, I have had a crack with Brentons a couple times including yesterday and that thing is so pure. For a heel balanced putter it is really stable all the way through impact and the face doesn't seem to close much. It's the type of putter I could pick up and game straight away which is a rare feeling.

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 02:46 PM
No worries. You can borrow it if you're down my way again. Might be too long for you at 34" though :)
No need!
I have a new "raw finish" head coming (well it was a full club but USPS decided to snap it in half see I hate USPS thread)!

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 02:46 PM
Titleist, I have had a crack with Brentons a couple times including yesterday and that thing is so pure. For a heel balanced putter it is really stable all the way through impact and the face doesn't seem to close much. It's the type of putter I could pick up and game straight away which is a rare feeling.

did you like the paint job I did on it?

Peppas
28th August 2011, 02:48 PM
Very nice, I like my honey dipped one personally :)

rhino62
28th August 2011, 05:08 PM
very nice - that all i can say

perci
28th August 2011, 05:19 PM
I've got a nice 2006 Holiday job sitting on the wall!

davepuppies
28th August 2011, 06:22 PM
i have had my eyes open for a well priced Del Mar button back for a few months.

My gamers have all been #9s for ages

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 06:53 PM
Good luck picking one up, prices have not moved on them for months!

Flavzz
28th August 2011, 07:38 PM
did you like the paint job I did on it?

It came up a treat. Very handy work. Brenton loves it. It's his baby..

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 08:13 PM
I know, he constantly reminds me!:mrgreen:
I have another one coming, no what co our to do it in...........:roll:

ricktobin86
28th August 2011, 09:36 PM
Got one. 33". Love it. Need to work on my stroke but the putter itself is gravy.

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 09:47 PM
That's what mine will be.

ricktobin86
28th August 2011, 10:01 PM
Actually, only thing I don't like is the big Titleist logo on the back. I'm glad but annoyed they went with the dots this year.

timah!
28th August 2011, 10:14 PM
Take the paint off with acetone, and it looks much better...

Flavzz
29th August 2011, 04:14 AM
I know, he constantly reminds me!:mrgreen:
I have another one coming, no what co our to do it in...........:roll:

Black oxide finish with a black shaft.. Do it..

Captain Nemo
29th August 2011, 10:06 AM
Nope, im keepin it Raw, but will go something Translucent.

Flavzz
29th August 2011, 11:23 AM
They do look good raw i must admit. The new line look stunning.

ricktobin86
29th August 2011, 11:46 AM
All this talk of raw has me curious. Should I? I don't mind the honey dip.

Captain Nemo
29th August 2011, 01:03 PM
Go "Raw"!
All the Cool jkids are doing it!8-)

career4jerry
3rd September 2011, 10:00 PM
i have both the del mar in the calfornia and the button back.. the button back is much better balanced in my mind... and the button back insert definitely gives more feel

Captain Nemo
4th September 2011, 09:23 AM
i have both the del mar in the calfornia and the button back.. the button back is much better balanced in my mind... and the button back insert definitely gives more feel

Aren't you selling that!;)

BrentonJ
4th September 2011, 10:11 AM

You cant come up in here after 10 posts and start flaunting a Del Mar BB, just isn't right to tease a man like that!!

dave1
4th September 2011, 03:01 PM
I used del mar for about 6 months, I liked it and putted well with it, just didnt putt well for aboiut 5 weeks so changed (thats me though) Im actually using similar putter now Odyssey xg9 tou but the insert makes for better feel.

happy with it so far but having nothing bad to say about the del mar

davepuppies
4th September 2011, 04:45 PM

I am jealous of the BB!!!

Tomson
4th September 2011, 05:25 PM
The del mar bb is a very nice putter ;)

AlexMc
4th September 2011, 06:14 PM
Agreed ;)