PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 18 July 2005

cazandpaul
18th July 2005, 08:52 PM
No golf today - Ladies Club Championships 3rd round :oops: - my weekend timing sucks :evil: and tomorrow's Tuesday - ladies day.

amanda
19th July 2005, 07:21 AM
now which thread do we use this week?  Mine or this one?

(admin edit: AndyP): Adding your report here is the easiest.
------------------------------

Had a fabulous day out at NSW today - thanks marcel :D

My score was horrendous - 100+ but I did have 3 pars and 3 bogies.

Again, a course where my awful short game was clearly evident - greens were so quick and hard nothing stopping on them - you had to hit very precise bump & run style shots a-la-the Open Championship. Greens were also terribly fast - about 4-5 times the speed I'm used to - it took a while for me to get the hang of just dying the ball into the hole.

The scenery was stunning - so bad scores were easily forgotten. Luckily marcel was there to point out the hidden undulations, best lines of play and tactics for all of the holes. I hope that I remember them all next Monday when we play in the NSW GC Ladies Charity Day!

Luckily the wind was "mild" - probably the windiest I've ever played - but not compared to NSW standards. If anyone ever gets a chance to play there - take it! Probably the best golf course I've ever played.

Flowergirl
21st July 2005, 10:11 AM
What a difference a week makes. :D
After all my sooking last week I apoproached yesterdays round with the attitude that - being on 20.4 - a handicap back out to 21 was inevitable.
Played pretty average until a beautiful birdie on the 9th ( par 4) followed by par, par, par.
Didn't worry about my score and finished with 21 points on the back and 17 on the front.
My 38 points were enough to win A grade and reduce my handicap by .8- CCR was 36 points.
New handicap is 19.6.
Last week 6 points on the back - this week 21. As I said - what a difference a week makes. :D

amanda
21st July 2005, 10:16 AM
Great stuff Reenie! :D You've broken the 20 barrier (sort of)

McMw
21st July 2005, 10:16 AM
2 bogeys in the first 4 holes...but could have easily been 4 over after 4...the putting god was kind to me...finished with 5 straight pars after...

I'll take it...been a while since my last game... :lol:

Flowergirl
21st July 2005, 10:30 AM
Great stuff Reenie!  :D  You've broken the 20 barrier (sort of)
Thanks Mandy. I got down to 19.6 last year and thought - wow - nearly down to the "teens". Then I've slowly gone out .1 at a time. So - here we go again!
I was lucky with a low ccr - it always seems to be high at our club.

amanda
21st July 2005, 12:35 PM
At least you have a CCR - we never have enough starters (need 20) so we always get the AWCR (73). The last time we had an amateur tournament, the CCR on the first day was 74!

Jarro
22nd July 2005, 03:50 PM
played the Nudgee composite challenge today ..... par 77 .. 7400 meters :shock:

every par 5 on the 2 courses were used .. and from the waayyyyyy back tees ..... never seen the tee boxes back there before :oops:

1 par 3, the 18th on our south course, which measured 170 meters from the back marker .... all over water and into a fairly brisk wind.

was a great day, greens were tricked up and super quick, which helped my dab at it and let it run into the cup type of technique :roll:

finished up with 37 points .. no wipes, which i was very happy about :D

amanda
22nd July 2005, 05:48 PM
that sounds like one heck of a scary course jarro! Will you manage to have a handicap drop with 37 pts?

Jarro
22nd July 2005, 05:53 PM
that sounds like one heck of a scary course jarro!  Will you manage to have a handicap drop with 37 pts?

i'm not sure what they'll do with the handicaps Amanda .... none of my playing partners knew if it was a comp proper or not :?

it certainly was pretty scary on some of those tees :shock:

Eag's
22nd July 2005, 05:57 PM
played the Nudgee composite challenge today ..... par 77 .. 7400 meters :shock:

every par 5 on the 2 courses were used .. and from the waayyyyyy back tees ..... never seen the tee boxes back there before :oops:

1 par 3, the 18th on our south course, which measured 170 meters from the back marker .... all over water and into a fairly brisk wind.

was a great day, greens were tricked up and super quick, which helped my dab at it and let it run into the cup type of technique :roll:

finished up with 37 points .. no wipes, which i was very happy about :D

Well played mate :smt023 sounds like it would of been a tuff day.

Eag's
22nd July 2005, 06:12 PM
Played Wynnum today in very average conditions, windy and wet most of the day :(

Shot 86
Greens 4
Fairways 7
Putts 37 :evil:
Short game was just terrible :( but didn't expect much for my first game in over a month.

Fishman Dan
23rd July 2005, 05:18 PM
Nett 71 (par 65) in Club Champs Rd 2. Don't know where that has me overall, i didn't see any low scores on the board when i got in, but there were quite a few between 65 and 72.

The putter started hot - sinking a long putt for my 7 on the first :oops:

The short game was ordinary, got off the tee well with the big stick, but the difference was the putts that went in the hole last week didn't today.

And my long drive last weekend stuck as well 8)

Grunt
23rd July 2005, 05:52 PM
Played Mac Grange. Played poorly, 28 points with only 2 wipes hopefully better tomorrow, pennants @ Cumberland.

Trung
23rd July 2005, 06:20 PM
23 points today 8)

oz
23rd July 2005, 06:26 PM
4BBB today. 43 points. Just couldn't get the mojo flowing on the greens. I missed many birdie putts today, including 7 from 10 feet or less. :( On the positive side, I hit it pretty solid from tee to green. :) My partner played pretty well, too. If I'd have helped him out some more, we may have posted a decent number.

Bruce
23rd July 2005, 07:25 PM
Well whaddaya know.

48-44-92 for a nett 66.

A nett THRASHING of Flowergirl and Speirsy.

Imagine if I could putt.

markTHEblake
23rd July 2005, 07:41 PM
Had a game with a touring pro from the asian and japanese tours during the week.  I challenged him to matchplay off the stick cos he said he was out of touch and I am due to play a scratch marker in the matchplay soon.

Well i am glad he was out of touch, cos he certainly touched me up-  7/6.

The only highlight of the day (for me) was we let a single join in with us after a few holes, who played off 3, even though we were in a group of 4 already.  after our 2nd hole together he asked "Are both you blokes Pro's".    I must admit it does a lot to the old confidence to have someone ask you that question.....  :D

Flowergirl
23rd July 2005, 07:59 PM
Well whaddaya know.

48-44-92 for a nett 66.

A nett THRASHING of Flowergirl and Speirsy.

Imagine if I could putt.

I knew you did well Bruce - so that's why you wouldn't tell us your score :D
For the record I had a 46-45- 91 so you were the gross LOSER on the day!!!
Imagine if I could chip. :wink:

Toolish
23rd July 2005, 10:33 PM
Played a par round today score of +3

78 - 9 - 69 Nett...CCR was 69

10 GIR
33 Putts including 3 x 3 putts.  I am hitting the ball really well and the flat stick is letting me down.

Should have been 75, +6...damn it all could have been off 8 for a round or two.

Oh well, my golf game is starting to come together a bit. Maybe next week I can get rid of the 3 putts and I will be a chance.

Grunt
24th July 2005, 08:01 AM
Woo Hoo I wasn't the only ozgolfer to have a bad day :lol:

23 points today  8)

Pinglauncher
24th July 2005, 08:33 PM
36 points today or should I say tonight :?

Missed a putt on the 18th because I could not see where the hole was from about 8 ft. Prescription sunglasses and finishing the last hole in darkness do not go well together.

Trung
24th July 2005, 08:58 PM
Woo Hoo I wasn't the only ozgolfer to have a bad day :lol:

23 points today  8)

how about backing that up with 21 points today. 8)

All in all, everything is on track for good scores in the next few weeks. :D

McMw
24th July 2005, 09:38 PM
Mixed Inter-Kampung Club Comp today... :D
Team of 4, best 3 nett scores counted...
But in a group of A-divi players, we weren't expecting too much!!! :lol:

anyway...a husband and wife win today... :D
Jean took home Ladies Nett Winner...nett 66 to win by 2
I took home Gross Winner...with an ugly 75...

cazandpaul
25th July 2005, 05:17 AM
Caz had a pair of 33's over the weekend - she reckons she left a few out there :oops: but it serves her right for playing all weekend while I was at work. :evil:

amanda
25th July 2005, 06:01 PM
Ladies medal - an abysmal 105/84. My small predictable fade has suddenly turned into a nasty pull hook :shock: Just couldn't figure out where to aim the ball.

AndyP
26th July 2005, 10:53 AM
23/07/2005, Nambour GC, 4B Stableford

Hadn't touched a golf club for four weeks, and was very happy with the way I played. Driving was good, ironplay was a lot better than my last round, and the short game was solid. Only the 3W was misbehaving with big hooks.
Topped a couple of shots, and took a penalty for a moved ball, but overall I couldn't have asked to play any better.

Due to my partner being a dud :razz:, I pretty much got to complete every hole or close enough to. I actually scored pretty well in the end, even though I seem to get shots on less holes each time I go back.

6/12 effective T-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
--------------
0 birdies.
8 pars.
9 bogeys.
1 double (penalty).

Score 19-18-37pts (79 nett 67, par 68).