PDA

View Full Version : Aussies looking at keeping pga tour cards for next year

goughy
17th July 2005, 08:10 PM
Just having a bit of a look on pgatour.com at how some of the aussies are travelling so far. Things are looking bright for a lot of them to keep tour cards for next year, even tho only about half of the tour year is gone.

I'm guessing that somewhere in the vicinity of $600,000US will make the top 125 and guarantee a card. This has been the approx mark over the last year or so.

Those already past that are, Adam Scott, Peter Lonard, Stuart Appleby, Mark Hensby (go Ping), Geoff Ogilvy, Rod Pampling, Aaron Badderly, Robert Allenby and John Senden. Steve Elkington, Craig Parry, Stephen Leaney and Scott Hend are close enough to the mark that you'd hope they'll get over the line.

Of course some have exemptions, so Craig Parry is ok, and so is Andre Stolz.

Brendan Jones is leading after 3 rounds at the moment, and I would figure a top 3 would give him enough additional funds to get over the mark as well. I hope I haven't just jinxed him :oops:

As a non-tour member Nick O'Hearn has earned $490,000+ so far. He's a solid player who has been performing well on the european tour for a few years. I hope he plays enough events to earn the money, or of course he could just win a tournament. I'm guessing of course that non-tour members that meet the dollar requirement get an invite to the tour. I could be wrong.

Also Nick O'Hearn is currently leading the Driving Accuracy Percentage stat on the pga tour with 81.3%. Scott Hend is leading the Driving Distance by about 8 yards as well.

Of course I just read an article in golf digest showing that in recent years the driving accuracy of a player has little relationship to their earnings. In fact it is now down to having no bearing at all on a players earnings. That must be tigers and vj's faults.

Grunt
19th August 2005, 05:22 AM
After last weekend I guess Elk will be right now.
How many Aussies in the WGC event?

Grunt
19th August 2005, 05:30 AM
Answered my own ?

Appleby
O'Hern
Scott
Hensby
Pampling
Elkington
Lonard
Oglilvy
Green
Parry

3oneday
19th August 2005, 06:14 AM
driving accuracy of a player has little relationship to their earnings.  In fact it is now down to having no bearing at all on a players earnings.  That must be tigers and vj's faults.Because they hit the damn thing so far, they have a wedge in their hands whether they are on the fairway or not.

I think I read the same article, if you hit the fairway you should make birdie with their short games, if they miss, they are still close enough and good enough to make par anyway :x 8)

Pete

mike
19th August 2005, 10:10 PM
Also Steve Bowditch, Kim Felton, Nathan Green, Matt Goggin and POM are on track to gain their cards through the Nationwide tour.