PDA

View Full Version : Ye olde swing

BayBum
20th August 2011, 07:05 PM
Pick the bones out of this beauty ! :shock::lol: (sorry i forgot to get a side on view)

Old habits die hard eh.Still 'Kuchar flat' at the top which i thought i had sorted out.4 games in 8 months dont help so maybe someone here can give me something to work on :)

7i down the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxhDviigJl8

Driver down the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-l3fmCYK8

My bag is almost set now,minus a couple of shaft tinkerings,so the range is gonna be my new home for awhile.

HELP !

rubin
20th August 2011, 07:09 PM
Is it just the view from the video, or did that 7 iron launch really high?

BayBum
20th August 2011, 07:34 PM
Would be the cam view bro.Had my short ass nephew filming & i hit a low ball as it is.

Yossarian
20th August 2011, 08:36 PM
Tighter pants are needed.

BayBum
20th August 2011, 09:18 PM
Tighter pants are needed.

yeah,you would like that,wouldnt ya ?! Checkin out my sugar lumps.

timah!
21st August 2011, 01:22 AM
You look very stiff (no homo) through the arms....

Relax a little, and get the movement through your core?

BayBum
21st August 2011, 12:01 PM
Cheers Tim.I see that as probably my biggest basic flaw.
I use to hit big high fades exclusively and tried to fix it myself,now im stuck with what you see.
Flat,right to left,same result everytime.
I think i have it stuck in my head that 'freeing up' will take me back to hitting cuts again ?

BayBum
25th September 2012, 10:45 PM
I have been playing once a week for the last couple of months now,with some practice thrown in of course.I havent even thought about any swing related stuff so now is the time to get down to it.

Nothing has changed really.The new irons/shaft combo have me hitting alot better shots with a flight that i like.The shaft in the driver is still too stiff but that will change this week when my Fast12LS arrives.

Still stiff in the arms & no idea how to free them up without hitting down the deep right foul line :? If i can get a couple of key areas pointed out from you lot,to work on,then i'll start from there. All in all,im not hitting it terrible,just looking for some consistency :)

Apologies for the vid quality - no time for editing.

Full speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiTCH5YlB0&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RXG6b03M52c&list=ULRXG6b03M52c

Slowmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sPa-X1I5-YY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQYG93WWoDw&feature=player_detailpage&list=ULNQYG93WWoDw

Sooooooo.....:smt102

razaar
26th September 2012, 07:22 AM
BB
Your swing action looks good to me. At a guess I'd look at your set-up at address for improvements. If I were to offer a suggestion, it would be to move the ball forward a couple of inches to promote a higher left shoulder. If the ball is already opposite the left heel, extend your left side and crunch the right side (similar to an impact position).Keep the right hip higher than the left to provide resistance in the backswing for a wide arc. A good feeling to have is to brace the left shoulder with the right hip at address and be conscious of getting a rigid brace between the two at the top of the backswing. The hips can do all the work from there.

mint
26th September 2012, 08:08 AM
bb
your swing action looks good to me. At a guess i'd look at your set-up at address for improvements. If i were to offer a suggestion, it would be to move the ball forward a couple of inches to promote a higher left shoulder. If the ball is already opposite the left heel, extend your left side and crunch the right side (similar to an impact position).keep the right hip higher than the left to provide resistance in the backswing for a wide arc. A good feeling to have is to brace the left shoulder with the right hip at address and be conscious of getting a rigid brace between the two at the top of the backswing. The hips can do all the work from there.

this ^^^

Yossarian
26th September 2012, 06:58 PM
Sweet buns

BayBum
26th September 2012, 07:14 PM
lol,thanks Versace. I'll be sure to go full body compression suit next time ;)

Thanks for the pointers Ray,much appreciated.I was just trying it out after reading your post & suprisingly i am following loud n clear,almost ! :o :)

When you say 'Rigid brace at the top',do you mean - get the shoulders & hips back into that setup position but roatated at the top of the swing ? .All in all,It feels like a very dominant/aggressive position ! My right hip is trying to crawl under my rib cage which feels disgusting lol but i will get out to the range and hit a ton of balls to see how it goes.

razaar
26th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Yep, that's right.

BayBum
22nd October 2012, 08:49 PM
What can anyone tell me about pronation of the left arm at address ? Youtube is full of that quack sevam1 rambling on about hogan crap :roll:

I have been trying it in practice & am flushing every iron in the bag with a nice solid flight BUT the majority of them are straight blocks,maybe 10m right of target.Not only is the strike good but it is helping me keep my shaft angle which i get lazy with.

:smt102

razaar
22nd October 2012, 09:01 PM
Pronation is rotating the forearm with the palm downwards. Supination is rotating the forearm with the palm facing upward. If the left pronates, the right supinates. Deviation is flexing towards the thumb (radial); towards the pinky (ulna). Flexing is towards the palm (palmer); towards the back of the hand (dorsal). Hogans swing had them all at various stages.

BayBum
22nd October 2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah i understand what each is & how they work DURING the swing but im lost as to if pronating the left forearm (what i am trying at the moment) AT SETUP is a bad habit to get in to,what can come of it etc ?

From my little experiment my striking has improved ten fold but i cant get my ball started online - straight blocks to the right. Im comfortable doing it but am looking to "perfect" it to where i can take it to the course.

Any ideas on affects of doing this - pros & cons if you will ?

:)

razaar
23rd October 2012, 12:14 AM
I have spent the last 2 years supinating the left arm in the takeaway. Counter-clockwise in the takeaway which becomes clockwise above waist high. If you are rotating clockwise in the takeaway and counter-clockwise above the waist check what the shaft and forearms do. Which of the two methods is easiest and which of the two requires work and effort to square up the club face on the downswing?

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 08:01 PM
You Smoke it!

BayBum
31st October 2012, 10:59 PM
You Smoke it!

You must be watching something else Shades :)

I just watched these clips again & noticed zero loading of the shaft ! I don't stray too far from the short stuff but i would put that down to playing this TS flex shaft. The flight & control is great but i have plenty in the tank that yearns to be let loose (lol yearns ? :neutral: ) and playing a shaft that is a full flex to strong for me aint doing me any favors.

I have some tinkering to do but for the time being i just play 3w off the tee,RBZ love can do no wrong :)

Thanks for the kind words mate. I am now #teamshadesy :lol: