PDA

View Full Version : Found: [Brisbane] Stand bag

verid
18th August 2011, 03:41 PM
I am looking for a stand bag, or at least a bag that is stable standing up. Looking to spend as little as possible; I'm just a beginner starting up.

It would be nice if it's in good nick and is black/white/grey/blue or any combination of those colours.

Pickup in Brisbane would be best. Postage for bags seems to be a killer.

Xray
18th August 2011, 05:13 PM
Hello and welcome, where do you play at mostly?

verid
18th August 2011, 05:19 PM
Hello. I've never played on a course. I go to a few different driving ranges; no shortage of those in Brisbane thankfully.

Where do you think is a good first course in or around Brisbane? I guess one that's short, not much sand/water and not too busy?

just
18th August 2011, 05:23 PM
Hello. I've never played on a course. I go to a few different driving ranges; no shortage of those in Brisbane thankfully.

Where do you think is a good first course in or around Brisbane? I guess one that's short, not much sand/water and not too busy?
Depend where you are. Nudgee College might be a good bet.

AndyP
18th August 2011, 05:51 PM
Nudgee College might be busy these days. It's hard to spread out a field with only 6 holes.

just
18th August 2011, 05:58 PM
Nudgee College might be busy these days. It's hard to spread out a field with only 6 holes.
Its 9 holes as far as I'm aware. Do you know any different?

markTHEblake
18th August 2011, 05:59 PM
Pretty sure i have a titleist stand bag for sale in the pro shop for $20

Hux
18th August 2011, 06:01 PM
Welcome
I have a black izzo stand bag in vgc that you can have for $50. P/up cannon hill. I think Victoria park would be a start for course choice

AndyP
18th August 2011, 06:02 PM
Its 9 holes as far as I'm aware. Do you know any different?
We played Nudgee College in pennants and they said that the College had taken 3 holes back for some construction. Perhaps it hasn't happened yet.

I haven't played it, but I'll have a look on nearmap.

just
18th August 2011, 06:06 PM
We played Nudgee College in pennants and they said that the College had taken 3 holes back for some construction. Perhaps it hasn't happened yet.

I haven't played it, but I'll have a look on nearmap.
Just read a newsletter on their website, they've taken 3 holes for construction, but they have almost completed 3 new ones so they should be back to 9 soon.

AndyP
18th August 2011, 06:06 PM
It's hard to find 9 holes, but I don't know the course. http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.362425,153.065321&z=18&t=h&nmd=20110708

edit: Just saw your last post. That would explain the greens that don't look they are in play. I reckon it would be a pretty dicey nine.

verid
18th August 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm on the south-side but I don't mind going for a drive (in a car). I guess if I'm on a budget I should just look at the Scoopon-type deals? They have Ipswich and Logan City course deals at the moment.

Is there any driving range in QLD that has automatic tee up? I've seen them in other countries where the machine tees up your balls so you don't have to bend down every time and do it yourself. Lazy, I know.

just
18th August 2011, 06:42 PM
It's hard to find 9 holes, but I don't know the course. http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.362425,153.065321&z=18&t=h&nmd=20110708

edit: Just saw your last post. That would explain the greens that don't look they are in play. I reckon it would be a pretty dicey nine.
Don't know Andy, I've never played it. The members I've talked to like it, but then members always do.

Ferrins
18th August 2011, 06:53 PM
I saw a Callaway one for $25 today at Salvos Glenrosa RD Red Hill. It was predominately blue and in good nick. It had Izzo straps.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=callaway+stand+bag&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=933&tbm=isch&tbnid=8rq0o_VDc_zBpM:&imgrefurl=http://hazteca.com/253/callaway-golf-x-22-stand-bag-1&docid=gw5Q9G1D

looked like this

timah!
18th August 2011, 06:58 PM
Verid, where south?

BrisVegas
18th August 2011, 06:59 PM
I'm on the south-side but I don't mind going for a drive (in a car). I guess if I'm on a budget I should just look at the Scoopon-type deals? They have Ipswich and Logan City course deals at the moment.

Is there any driving range in QLD that has automatic tee up? I've seen them in other countries where the machine tees up your balls so you don't have to bend down every time and do it yourself. Lazy, I know.

the range at manly west had that, but I havent been there in years.

Hux
18th August 2011, 07:09 PM
the range at manly west had that, but I havent been there in years.

Its gone

IamViva
18th August 2011, 07:29 PM

Logan City would be a decent starter course, no bunkers and most of the water is only on the front 9 from memory. the course is subject to flooding through the wet months but as it has 27 holes theyre generally able to bodge 18holes together.

timah!
18th August 2011, 07:30 PM
Really? Logan? :?

I was thinking Mt. Warren. One bunker, pretty straight and cheap.

ricktobin86
18th August 2011, 08:17 PM
If you're looking for a decent 9-hole starter (short) course, try the par 3 at Pacific (Carindale). If you want to venture out a little, Wolston Park is a nice little course that's not to busy.

ricktobin86
18th August 2011, 08:19 PM
Really? Logan? :?

I played there 10 or so years ago as a teenager with no interest in golf (school sport). I don't remember it being too bad back then.

timah!
18th August 2011, 08:30 PM
I played there a few months ago in pennants. It was slop. I don't think it's a great layout ( they've swapped the 9's) and just didn't have a good feel.

Thought MT Warren was much better.

IamViva
18th August 2011, 09:54 PM
personally i dislike logan, but for someone starting out it wouldnt be so bad, from what i remember its considerably cheaper then mt warren aswell especially when they have membership deals

TheTrueReview
18th August 2011, 10:05 PM
Logan is what it is. A muni. It's dirt cheap. Built on clay so no drainage if a shower hits it. But when it's sunny, it'd be pleasant for a beginner. Holes 1 - 9 are the harder holes; the fairways bend right to left & follow the river.

popper81
18th August 2011, 10:28 PM
Mt Warren is the goods..... the members are clowns though..... hahaha.... I can say that, I am one.

And for what it is worth, It is like the truereview stated 'Logan is what it is' .

timah!
18th August 2011, 11:12 PM
What's Mt Warren worth Pop?
$600ish?

popper81
19th August 2011, 06:54 AM
Tim,
Same price as windy, $900+. Part of the reason it was such a tough decision on which to join. You get better value, apart from the obvious, you get to spend so much more time on the course on a Saturday...hahaha

Popper

timah!
19th August 2011, 07:42 AM
Far out! That's jumped up a bit from when I was looking...

popper81
19th August 2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah.... I was a little surprised at the price initially. After all it is MW. They have done a truck load of work though. Heard they are about to start putting some traps in on the front 9 and big dam on the 12 to fix the soggy spot that never dries. 12 will be a tough hole with water.

BrisVegas
19th August 2011, 08:47 AM
and big dam on the 12 to fix the soggy spot that never dries. 12 will be a tough hole with water.

**** corner?

popper81
19th August 2011, 01:43 PM
BV,
Talk of lakes on both the inside and outside.. More likely lakes on the right.... Around the yards etc... Will be tricky, double tricky off the backs into the wind.. Alright if you have some length, which I do, others will dread the first and second shots with water there.

Andy

timah!
19th August 2011, 01:47 PM
You'd pretty much take iron, and hit an approach across the corner off the backs...

popper81
19th August 2011, 05:07 PM
timah!

You'd pretty much take iron, and hit an approach across the corner off the backs...

Pffttt..... More likely hit driver, take drop for 3, hit over said water, hope to hit green, if not try and make 5, be happy.

In all honesty, it would be a mental thing mainly, depending on location ( isn't golf!!) It would also depend on what they choose to do with the stuff the were going to dig out. If they make the fairway a tad higher and it runs towards the lake nothing would be safe. I have been left a few times over the course of my golfing career (shock) and it is not a good spot to be. Anything over 8 iron in to that green is hard to stop so making people lay up could be tough. Hope the powers that be will consider that as well???

timah!
19th August 2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah, love that table-top green....not!

AndyP
19th August 2011, 08:27 PM
What's this thread about again?

:lol:

timah!
19th August 2011, 08:37 PM
We're just getting our WAnker on!