PDA

View Full Version : Which plays stiffer?

McMw
9th June 2004, 09:45 AM
Blue or Green NV???

After reading somone'e post here (could be Vegas) abt how he managed to pick up a bit more carry by changing to a stiffer shaft, it's got me thinking...

someone else here reshafted his R580 with a blue stiff, and has also picked up some distance with it...
(I've yet to try it)...

but if the green plays similar to the blue, then I'll prob end up with the green, coz it's different!!! :mrgreen:

Taylor360
9th June 2004, 09:50 AM
For me personally, the Blue plays alot stiffer than the Green... Green I could feel a nice smooth kick but the Blue felt like a metal rod...Both were S

kwantfm
9th June 2004, 09:51 AM
Mau,

In my experience the Blue and NV are totally different shafts. NV plays softer and feels mushy... Blue feels a lot stiffer and has a crisper feel at impact. Although I don't like the Blue very much I still prefer it to the NV which I really don't like the feel of.

McMw
9th June 2004, 09:57 AM
Cheers T...

and what exactly is the difference btw the original blue and the prolaunch blue...

kwantfm
9th June 2004, 10:26 AM
I've hit both the original Blue and the ProLaunch version. The ProLaunch feels less stout because it has a more active tip. For me that active tip produces high hook after high hook (not pretty).

So, the Blue has better dispersion but feels stout, ProLaunch has relatively poor dispersion but feels better to me. Poor trade off.

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 10:48 AM
Stout??!! :? :? I reckon the blue feels great! To me it is very similar to the Prolite 35S which I've had in a couple of previous drivers and my current 3 wood. I've only hit those green shafts in Terry's SMTs so it's hard for me to offer a meaningful comparison. I didn't like the feel, but it could have been more to do with the differences between a 400+cc SMT head and my 975JVS. The green shaft felt whippier. I didn't like it at all.

I prefer a more solid (compact/heavier) feeling head, matched with a shaft that gives me the confidence to swing hard. If that sounds like you, then go blue, not green. The other shaft I like is the two-tone speeder that's in the 510TPs. It feels nice and solid too. I've hit Iain and Gaz's and hit nice straight shots with both of them. I believe the blue is a bit cheaper than the speeder, if that's an issue?

kwantfm
9th June 2004, 11:03 AM
BrisVegas,

I only swing at 98 mph... with a really long smooth swing. So there I don't get large amounts of acceleration. My favourite Grafalloy shaft is the Elite... so that probably puts my comments in context.

I believe that Mau likes the Elite as well.

McMw
9th June 2004, 11:50 AM
yeah....
I like the elite in my nike driver...that was the best combo for that driver...

I'm beginning to feel that perhaps the YS6 stiff might be a little too "soft" for me - like Vegas, I do want to swing hard, and on most ocassions, I can do that with the YS6 with good results, but on some teeshots that I need to be more careful with, it tends to go haywire!!!

I still have a 35s in the room, but not really sure if I want to install it into the K at this stage... :roll:

just doing my research!!! :wink:

kwantfm
9th June 2004, 01:07 PM
Be careful installing anything in the K... problem is the bore through + extra long hosel mean that most shafts become pretty stiff.

McMw
9th June 2004, 01:28 PM
yup...knew that already!!! :)

cheers!!! :D

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 01:39 PM
BrisVegas,

I only swing at 98 mph... with a really long smooth swing. So there I don't get large amounts of acceleration. My favourite Grafalloy shaft is the Elite... so that probably puts my comments in context.

I believe that Mau likes the Elite as well.

I'd say my swing is pretty long too. In fact, people usually laugh at how loopy and languid it is... :cry: Impact is all that matters though in golf, thankfully :P

I don't know anything about the Elite. Does it have more or less torque than the 35S? choppa just got his R360 reshafted with a black grafalloy 45S at GCI. Would that be the same one?

I went with him and rechecked the specs on my blue and it was 44 3/4 inch, D2+, 275cpm raw, 268cpm fitted and gripped. The old shaft was 44 1/2 inch, D5 ( :shock: ) 252cpm fitted and gripped. He explained to me that the problem with the old shaft was that it had a high kickpoint and was tip-stiff. The mid-kickpoint of the blue was a better fit for me. The lighter weight probably helped too :wink:

McMw
9th June 2004, 01:59 PM
The Elite has 3degrees of torque...the 45s would have 4.5degree...

one of the reasons why I settled on a elite regular as opposed to the 45s, or 35r...

then again, it's probably all in the head (mine!)... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 02:12 PM
The Elite has 3degrees of torque...the 45s would have 4.5degree...

one of the reasons why I settled on a elite regular as opposed to the 45s, or 35r...

So, how much torque does the grafalloy blue have?? :? And, how does it compare to the green NV ?

kwantfm
9th June 2004, 02:42 PM
Think that the Blue has 2.8... NV 65 has 3.5 and NV 75 has 2.0.

Jarro
9th June 2004, 02:54 PM
just get a pulled Speeder form someone Mau 8)

McMw
9th June 2004, 03:24 PM
ugh...speeder....ugh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the NV is a no-go for me...so too the ProLaunch Blue...

I'm going to have to find a way to demo that Blue Stiff in that 580...somehow!!!

Jarro
9th June 2004, 03:31 PM
you don't like Speeders Mau :?

McMw
9th June 2004, 03:50 PM
never have!!!

I don't know what it is...but the fujis I've tried...I can't get used to it!!!

even when I'm swinging well...on the odd occasions...

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 04:27 PM
Think that the Blue has 2.8... NV 65 has 3.5 and NV 75 has 2.0.

NV 75 at 2.0 degrees torque!!! Wow, that thing must really feel stiff. It's amazing how many variables there are to perceived "feel" and performance... :shock: It's hard to consider ever buying a club again without having a detailed fitting and swing analysis now.

kwantfm
9th June 2004, 05:52 PM
Sorry had a typing error... the NV75 has torque of 2.8...

goughy
9th June 2004, 07:13 PM
I've used a regular blue fully inserted in a nemesis head and now have a 360 with an nv75 stiff. The blued is definately the stiffer shaft. I find the nv much smoother than the blue, and more suited to my swing. I don't think I load the shaft that heavily.

But they are very different feeling shafts. The blue is not for me tho, and not inserted like 2" whoa that is stiff.

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 07:32 PM
Hi Goughy,
You're putting together some better scores of late! :) At least you're heading in the right direction. Unlike me... :cry: I bet your swing speed and loading will increase as you start to hit the ball more consistently. I really like those TM 360 drivers. I reckon they're the perfect size. Good to hear you found a good setup with that shaft.