PDA

View Full Version : ozgolf AFL tipping

Onewood
30th April 2004, 11:26 PM
I have set up the AFL ozgolf tipping

comp name

ozgolf ......no password required

I will set up the others tomorrow [time to go and get some sleep]

Looks like being a long weekend for Hawk fan's :cry: [have we got any here :lol: :lol: ]

Just for the record I tipped the Tigers for some reason :shock:

Jarro
1st May 2004, 04:26 AM
me too :D

AndyP
1st May 2004, 08:08 AM
I didn't pick the pathetic Tigers over the now even more pathetic Hawks. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jarro
1st May 2004, 03:08 PM
do you think there's much point starting up a new tipping comp :?

there isn't going to be too many people in it so far :roll: :lol:

AndyP
1st May 2004, 08:33 PM
do you think there's much point starting up a new tipping comp :?

there isn't going to be too many people in it so far :roll: :lol:
Ozgolf is growing by the day jarro. :D Although, we aren't big on AFL fans yet.

Jarro
1st May 2004, 08:40 PM
yeah.. you're right AndyP 8)

I suppose we need something else to chew the fat over :roll:

AndyP
1st May 2004, 09:35 PM
Three one pointers, and two other close games. What a round! How are you meant to have accurate tips. :oops:

Looks like the goal umpire has finally cost a result. The umpire called a behind for St Kilda,when the ball was obviously out of bounds, late in the lsat quarter. St Kilda by 1 pt. :-k
AFL have some thinking to do. It cost me a tip. :roll:

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 03:31 AM
What a game :shock:

that Lions Vs St.Kilda game was a cracker 8) You're right though AndyP, the umpires certainly screwed that game up :evil:

Lynch should have been awarded a mark right in the middle of the goalsquare too #-o

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 10:00 AM
Three one pointers, and two other close games. What a round! How are you meant to have accurate tips. :oops:

Looks like the goal umpire has finally cost a result. The umpire called a behind for St Kilda,when the ball was obviously out of bounds, late in the lsat quarter. St Kilda by 1 pt. :-k
AFL have some thinking to do. It cost me a tip. :roll:

The field umpire should be sacked as well...he stood there and OKed it when he could see it went out on the full ](*,)

I think Ive got 2 so far Tigers and Bombers :roll:

AndyP
2nd May 2004, 12:02 PM
The field umpire should be sacked as well...he stood there and OKed it when he could see it went out on the full

It is meant to be a joint decision between the boundary and goal umpires. Where was the boundary umpire?

Lynch doe not deserve any free kicks. He always initiates the wrestling.

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 01:09 PM
Lynch doe not deserve any free kicks. He always initiates the wrestling.

i'm not talking about any free kicks ... i'm talking about when he took a fair mark in St.Kilda's goalsquare... and the dumbass umpire said play on :-s

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,
How did you fare in the tipping this week. I backed up my 8 last week with a solid 7 this week. Gotta tell ya...picking Geelong takes some balls...not to mention the Bulldogs !

Thats just rediculous tipping [-o<

Well done :-({|=

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 06:40 PM
toot your horn at your own peril golfer69 .....

.. there's only one way to go from where you are now :twisted:

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 06:49 PM
.. there's only one way to go from where you are now :twisted:

Yeah jarro, but I can go backwards for about a month and still stay ahead of you monkeys !

Mind you, the NRL is a bit of a worry though...only 4 this week...even stayed loyal to the Broncs.

yeah i suppose you're right .... wouldn't be hard to beat me in an AFL tipping comp at the moment #-o

Even though the Broncos lost, i thought they played pretty well ..... even without Lockyer for most of the game. Some of those young forwards really took it to Big Willie :shock:

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 09:51 PM
Just thought I would make a little easier to get to... http://yahoo.footytips.com.au/

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 06:06 AM
so should we pull out of the "other" one :-k

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 10:41 AM
so should we pull out of the "other" one :-k

Up to you guys :D The dickheads arent in it :evil: so theres some good guys left in it, and we will have a huge one here next year :D I'm just not going back :wink:

AndyP
3rd May 2004, 03:12 PM
I got 4 tips this weekend. Tipped the wrong side in all three of the one-pointers. :roll:
The missus has a 6 tip lead on me now. :shock: She even had the nerve to tip against Hawthorn against Brisbane last week. [-X

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 03:15 PM
I got 4 tips this weekend. Tipped the wrong side in all three of the one-pointers. :roll:
The missus has a 6 tip lead on me now. :shock: She even had the nerve to tip against Hawthorn against Brisbane last week. [-X

Sorry Pal it was'nt nerve..... "it was common sense" :D

Fishman Dan
12th May 2004, 11:35 AM
While not strictly tipping, we've got to open this thread up to footy banter. How else are we going to post-boost all day? Bedies, i'd noticed the pre-season antagonist his gone remarkably quiet - and we can't just blame work, can we Andy?

Of course i'm going to talk about the Carlton vs Collingwood match! What a comeback, what true Blues spirit. I'd written them off, i thought they needed to be maximum 2 goals down at 3/4 time. They ran out of petrol the previous week against Port, and will do all year. Then the 'Pies kicked the first of the final quarter.. With 7 goals on the board in the game, there was no way they could kick 6 in a quarter... But they did, and how!!

So, what chance against the Lions? With no Lynch, and with Scotland, Campo and Stevens in form, perhaps we can shut down the engine room. Then again, perhaps we could get another 100 point thrashing..

AndyP
12th May 2004, 11:54 AM
I can't remember being an antagonist. You can check all of the posts on this site.

Wish I had've seen the last quarter of Car v Coll. I only watched snippets of the match, but didn't think they were a show, when I saw the 3/4 time score. No chance against Brisbane though.

Anyone give Hawthorn a chance to win this week? Surely they have to turn it around at some stage. They are overrated, but they aren't as bad as the results they have had. Come on, I need some hope for my Sydney trip. [-o<

Fishman Dan
12th May 2004, 12:44 PM
Your hope for your Sydney trip came last weekend, with the Swans very ordinary showing against the Tigers. I think they are capable of doing the same against the Hawks. After all, the Hawks won up there last year - and in doing so robbed 'The Syndicate' of about $600 :evil:

I think OzGolf started after the AFL season had begun. You were more voiciferous (all the big words today!) back on ISG ;)

AndyP
12th May 2004, 10:42 PM
Are you confusing me with that apholden fella? :wink:

Yes, Sydney's bad form is encouraging. We got closer to Richmond than what they did. :roll:

There doesn't seem to be any real blockbusters this weekend.