PDA

View Full Version : Help me help you!

Progolfgear
17th August 2011, 08:26 PM
Hey Gang!

I am enjoying the forum thus far, seems to be a great and diverse membership here!
I have only recently expanded away from just selling from my pro-shop (I am a club pro for those who don't know) to selling a little online.

To me, there seemed to be a hole in the club building / club repair market for all those little knick-knacks that come in handy, therefore, to begin with, this is my primary focus. In time I will add fully assembled clubs to the lineup (pending my rights as a retailer with the different brands).

I post this thread to ask you to provide me with ideas of what will and what will not sell. You can click in my signature to view my eBay store and my www store.

Would you like to see me sell something in particular that you cannot find anywhere else? Sure, I can get golfpride grips, but so can everyone. I want to sell the things you don't stumble accross too often.

Luke.

markTHEblake
17th August 2011, 08:29 PM
Conex adaptors particularily Face-Fit

i aint promising I will buy any but I have noticed no australian seems to be selling them.

timah!
17th August 2011, 08:34 PM
Hey Luke!

You'll find there are a lot of tinkerers on here.
Things like ferrules, extensions, shims etc would be great if we can get easier and cheaper than o.s.

You'd also find that there are enough of us happy to buy in a group for things like grips if there would be a benefit to it.

Progolfgear
17th August 2011, 08:39 PM
Conex adaptors particularily Face-Fit

i aint promising I will buy any but I have noticed no australian seems to be selling them.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look in to it. There is a similar system which I have also been looking at too!

Hey Luke!

You'll find there are a lot of tinkerers on here.
Things like ferrules, extensions, shims etc would be great if we can get easier and cheaper than o.s.

You'd also find that there are enough of us happy to buy in a group for things like grips if there would be a benefit to it.

Pretty much what I figured. I do it as a job and I still love club building and repairs. I have an account with Australian Air Express which allows me to offer pretty good prices on shipping ($10 flat rate), hopefully that will help things out!.

Would love some feedback on my pricing also....

timah!
17th August 2011, 08:51 PM
Pretty much what I figured. I do it as a job and I still love club building and repairs. I have an account with Australian Air Express which allows me to offer pretty good prices on shipping ($10 flat rate), hopefully that will help things out!.

Would love some feedback on my pricing also....

Will do.
Just as an idea, in my last bulk order from golfworks, I think there would have been close to 100+ grips in the order.

Personally, I'd love to get easier access to shafts (generally steel) but given they're a relatively stable in terms of longevity, there's probably not much benefit in stocking them.

Progolfgear
17th August 2011, 09:02 PM
Will do.
Just as an idea, in my last bulk order from golfworks, I think there would have been close to 100+ grips in the order.

Personally, I'd love to get easier access to shafts (generally steel) but given they're a relatively stable in terms of longevity, there's probably not much benefit in stocking them.

I keep a reasonable stock of shafts. Its one of those things that is hard for me to list them because of the countless makes/models/variants. A good example of pricing would be using a dynamic gold as an example, what sort of price do you normally expect to pay for a new dynamic gold shaft?

timah!
17th August 2011, 09:08 PM
I couldn't say, nor could I answer for the group.

In the last order, I think it was $13us for a dgs300 wood shaft, and $20 a shaft for dg spinners.

So I'd say $20ish a shaft for DG?
Not sure about KBS or px...

Iain
18th August 2011, 06:00 AM
Luke, do you stock the dg spinners? How much? And also the golf pride vdr?

TheTrueReview
18th August 2011, 07:51 AM
Hey Gang!

I post this thread to ask you to provide me with ideas of what will and what will not sell. You can click in my signature to view my eBay store and my www store.

Luke.

Luke, btw great thread title. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGt5f70K02Q

Progolfgear
18th August 2011, 08:30 AM
Luke, do you stock the dg spinners? How much? And also the golf pride vdr?

I stock neither currently. This is part of the reason for this thread, what I am stocking and what there may be a demand for could be completely different things!

As far as pricing goes on those, I could do the DG Spinner @ $26.45 and the GP VDR @ $6.07.

The only difference between me stocking them and not stocking them is the time it takes for you receive the item. I place my order in the middle of each month, using the example of right now, it would be about 6 weeks before I would be able to get them for you as I placed an order 2 days ago! Of course, if you timed it well and were in the second week of a month, then it wouldn't be nearly as long.