PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Champs form guide

Pages : [1] 2

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 08:54 AM
Post your thoughts here.

For me, I reckon choppa is due. He was runner up in the first champs in 2004 and has never been too far away. As a bonus, he's actually played a few games of golf this year, so will be coming into the champs luke warm. ;)

timah!
16th August 2011, 08:58 AM
Daves is all over it like a fat kid over a cupcake.

AndyP
16th August 2011, 08:59 AM
If he has played a few games, he'll have expectations. This won't be a good thing.

I look forward to playing the Champs off a handicap of 11 or 12.

PeteyD
16th August 2011, 09:03 AM
Must be my best chance this year ;)

Iain
16th August 2011, 09:10 AM
He'll get wasted on Saturday night and have no chance of making it Sunday.

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 09:22 AM
I look forward to playing the Champs off a handicap of 11 or 12.

Haven't you been off 11-12 for the past few champs ?

AndyP
16th August 2011, 09:44 AM
Not after being off 8 though.
A little less wind this year would be nice.

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 09:49 AM
Not after being off 8 though.

Ahh, ok gotcha. You must be the favourite this year then with all those extra shots!

A little less wind this year would be nice.

There was wind last year? I must have missed it, being underwater for most of the weekend and all. If it's windy this year, then surely a nunchuck fanboi will be a strong chance. :roll:

MegaWatty
16th August 2011, 10:03 AM
There was wind last year? I must have missed it, being underwater for most of the weekend and all. If it's windy this year, then surely a nunchuck fanboi will be a strong chance. :roll:

Isn't that 90% of the field?

AndyP
16th August 2011, 10:08 AM
I'll update my Champs Rankings spreadsheet with last year's results to see if any of the regular performers dropped off.

The Cup wants to fly and Bruce could be the man.

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 10:22 AM
Hard to believe this will be the 8th ozgolf champs for a few of us!

Bruce
16th August 2011, 10:32 AM
Holy Crap - this will be my 6th.

AndyP
16th August 2011, 10:52 AM
Hard to believe this will be the 8th ozgolf champs for a few of us!Five of us, after Blake and jarro missed last year. Brisvegas, Iain, AndyP, damoocow and Eag's.

Missed one: Blake, Choppa, shazza, jarro, peter_rs

Missed two: Bruce, Rusty, poidda, dc68, nudgee, shavey, PeteyD

PeteyD
16th August 2011, 10:56 AM
I'll miss this one :(

just
16th August 2011, 11:08 AM
Five of us, after Blake and jarro missed last year. Brisvegas, Iain, AndyP, damoocow and Eag's.

Did Rusty and poidda attend champs before they were members?

Edit: they missed the first two. Reading through 2006, Random Draw!

Eag's
16th August 2011, 11:30 AM
Five of us, after Blake and jarro missed last year. Brisvegas, Iain, AndyP, damoocow and Eag's.

Only seems like yesterday we had our first :)

AndyP
16th August 2011, 11:35 AM
Both poidda and Rusty are missing this year too.

Did Vegas start this thread to detract attention from himself? Almost unbackable for a top ten finish.
Vegas Champs results starting from 2004: 5th, 4th, 21st, 1st, 9th, 3rd, 6th.

The following are going to have do something special to pull their names off the lower half of the results list for 2011, based on previous results (and known facts):
Solarman, Haysey, just, CobraSS, GC, Jono, Solarman, golfer69, Courty, any interstater on debut (it's just too overwhelming), Solarman.

Besides those, anyone could win it, but the following should be right up there:
petethepilot: Won't have a bad round and is fit this time around. He's coming off a win in '09 and 5th last year.
kpac: I don't know how he does it considering the lack of golf he plays coming into the Champs sometimes, but he has finished 6th, 2nd and 12th in the past.
BrisVegas: As above and has plenty of experience on punishing golf courses.
Bruce: Always in the running, and only the weather stopped another top 10 last year after a solid first round. 3rd, 13th, 3rd, 9th, 19th.
sms316: If he plays, he would be in the top 3 faves. Home track and has champs results of 27th, 6th, 2nd. Good for a place, but may be destined to be a perennial first loser.

KristianJ
16th August 2011, 11:47 AM
any interstater on debut (it's just too overwhelming)

The golf or the after hours shenanigans?

AndyP
16th August 2011, 11:53 AM
The combination.

Jarro
16th August 2011, 11:59 AM
Only seems like yesterday we had our first :)

Yeah ... The Cooly-Tweed Champs that year were great fun :)

shavey
16th August 2011, 12:36 PM

And one of these was for a birth (KV) and I possibly weren't aware of the inagural (CTH?).

To a lesser extent, glad I could trade off my golf and hotel contacts to assist with some reduced rates the past 5 years. Gotta get something to offset the pay!

Jarro
16th August 2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks again Shavey ... you're the bestest :mrgreen:

AndyP
16th August 2011, 12:49 PM
And one of these was for a birth (KV) and I possibly weren't aware of the inagural (CTH?). You didn't even post in any of the 2004 threads, so you mustn't have been aware. Who was to know it would get so big?

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 01:34 PM
Both poidda and Rusty are missing this year too.

Did Vegas start this thread to detract attention from himself? Almost unbackable for a top ten finish.
Vegas Champs results starting from 2004: 5th, 4th, 21st, 1st, 9th, 3rd, 6th.

The following are going to have do something special to pull their names off the lower half of the results list for 2011, based on previous results (and known facts):
Solarman, Haysey, just, CobraSS, GC, Jono, Solarman, golfer69, Courty, any interstater on debut (it's just too overwhelming), Solarman.

Besides those, anyone could win it, but the following should be right up there:
petethepilot: Won't have a bad round and is fit this time around. He's coming off a win in '09 and 5th last year.
kpac: I don't know how he does it considering the lack of golf he plays coming into the Champs sometimes, but he has finished 6th, 2nd and 12th in the past.
BrisVegas: As above and has plenty of experience on punishing golf courses.
Bruce: Always in the running, and only the weather stopped another top 10 last year after a solid first round. 3rd, 13th, 3rd, 9th, 19th.
sms316: If he plays, he would be in the top 3 faves. Home track and has champs results of 27th, 6th, 2nd. Good for a place, but may be destined to be a perennial first loser.

Interesting that you didn't include Iain and choppa in your picks. Iain's results are pretty much the same as mine, yet you singled me out. choppa needs to get the right balance of alcohol and he's a red hot chance.

Suprising to see just in the lower finishers. Seems like he wins everything lately. Mustn't transfer well to the champs? Much like the FNQ mob.... :wink:

Daves
16th August 2011, 01:36 PM
No one rates the defending champ? I guess no one has ever managed to defend, so the odds are against?.

ddasey
16th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Most of you probably haven't had the pleasure of playing with him yet but BroKar.

He is really starting to hit his straps and with a 16 H/C could be very dangerous.

just
16th August 2011, 01:40 PM
I suck at the champs and golflink tells me I've only played 12 rounds of golf this year. Still if I play a few rounds before the champs and get the handicap out by a few strokes more, this could be my year.

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 01:42 PM
No one rates the defending champ? I guess no one has ever managed to defend, so the odds are against?.

He came dead last at Pac Harbour the other week. However, he's admitted defeat and is getting lessons as we speak. Anything's possible. :wink:

Daves
16th August 2011, 01:54 PM
He came dead last at Pac Harbour the other week. However, he's admitted defeat and is getting lessons as we speak. Anything's possible. :wink:

Sandbagging?;)

haysey
16th August 2011, 02:14 PM
Its been well documented that I'm shit. I'm there strictly to make up the numbers.

Bruce
16th August 2011, 02:16 PM
I rate my performances so far as only due to laziness and a desire to sleep in. Play well on Saturday and be in the later groups.
Then fall apart as the round grinds to a halt behind all you slow bastards.

virge666
16th August 2011, 02:20 PM
Can we just not play in a force 5 hurricane / cyclone / flood / storm / armageddon ?

Jarro
16th August 2011, 02:34 PM
All i can say is that you guys are lucky i'm not coming along again this year ... i was a cert to win it this year.

I'm in form !!!

Bruce
16th August 2011, 02:37 PM
Can we just not play in a force 5 hurricane / cyclone / flood / storm / armageddon ?

+111000001

peter_rs
16th August 2011, 02:44 PM
+2 kpac

AndyP
16th August 2011, 03:07 PM
No one rates the defending champ? I guess no one has ever managed to defend, so the odds are against?.The defending Champ is a 20-ish handicapper. Too unpredictable and only burglars with handicaps in the teens can defend championship titles. But I may reassess after I play ambrose with him on the weekend.

Vegas, I'd prefer to list 5 favourites rather than 10. Iain is down the ratings list from yourself. Here's Iain's results. 1st, 15th, 7th, 28th, 7th, 9th, 12th. They are good results, but not as impressive as yours. Peter_rs's results are similar to Iain's and Blakey is thereabouts also.

You have 3rd and 6th at Pelican alone. You're a gun player at the Champs and will be in the final two groups.

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 03:47 PM
The defending Champ is a 20-ish handicapper. Too unpredictable and only burglars with handicaps in the teens can defend championship titles.

Nobody has defended a champs yet and only one (low) teen handicapper has won a champs so far, Iain.

Maybe it's time you (AndyP) picked up the one ozgolf title that's eluded you so far. You said yourself, you've drifted out a few shots from the heady days of playing off 8. This could be your best chance yet.

Eag's
16th August 2011, 03:57 PM
I think the winner will come from someone none of you have listed yet. At the Champs anyone can win so my money is on a roughy.

dc68
16th August 2011, 04:26 PM
Fat guts to win... If he plays.

kpac
16th August 2011, 04:54 PM
I can't win. No hope - Someone collects near 40pts on at least one of the days, and i haven't achieved that since........ well since a 38 at pelican 2 years back, and even then, needed to go better than handicap to have a shot on the sunday. I give myself a good chance to be in the top few as the course (all bar a couple of holes) suits my eye pretty well. There are a couple of holes i need to figure out.

My money would be on anyone i can see producing 40pts. which includes, but not limited to. Choppa, Rusty, Just, that i can think of. I've played less golf this year than any of the last 5. So i'll be lucky to make a place.

Sporting the same setup bar the putter for the 3rd year.

Iain
16th August 2011, 05:17 PM
Nobody has defended a champs yet and only one (low) teen handicapper has won a champs so far, Iain.

Maybe it's time you (AndyP) picked up the one ozgolf title that's eluded you so far. You said yourself, you've drifted out a few shots from the heady days of playing off 8. This could be your best chance yet.
I was off 17 when I won.

BrisVegas
16th August 2011, 05:24 PM
yeah, but you're a low teen handicap now. :lol:

Iain
16th August 2011, 05:28 PM
Pfft... Whatever....

Ferrins
16th August 2011, 05:43 PM
Maybe it will be another guy who used to be off single figures playing off twenty something handicap. Or maybe it will be a guy playing with Brosnan blades, dressed up as a nun and using fluro pink balls.

AndyP
16th August 2011, 05:45 PM
That's the stuff of dreams, BV. I'd love just to be in a position to win it. That would be fun.

My chance may have been last year when I was the fave. Gailes robbed me of a shot, I played well the Fri/Sat, but didn't have the game for the Sunday. I fear that the best my grandpa game can get around Pelican is a few over handicap.

Alas, I think I wasted my best chances in the early years on good times and booze.

sms316
16th August 2011, 05:54 PM
Fat guts to win... If he plays.
Poor form to nominate yourself.

Maybe it will be another guy who used to be off single figures playing off twenty something handicap. Or maybe it will be a guy playing with Brosnan blades, dressed up as a nun and using fluro pink balls.
:lol:

dc68
16th August 2011, 06:51 PM
Shuddup Frank.

jaybam
16th August 2011, 06:55 PM

Now you have done it. You have revealed your outfit plans.

Lucasto23
16th August 2011, 07:58 PM
Ferret if only 2 of his many personalities arrive for the weekend ;)

damoocow
16th August 2011, 09:57 PM
+111000001

Bruce - your maniacal laugh and look of 'this is sheer stupidity' as the trees were blown down in the middle of the thunderstorm on the 16th hole is one of my enduring champs memories...

goughy
17th August 2011, 05:44 AM
Were they blown down or did he drive a cart into them ;)

MegaWatty
17th August 2011, 10:20 AM
Go Yoss!

goughy
17th August 2011, 11:23 AM
Another champs and still no one seems to be mentioning my name as a threat?

Ferrins
17th August 2011, 11:42 AM
You're a NAGA threat.

timah!
17th August 2011, 11:45 AM
Ferrins is a threat to tartan pants...

Ferrins
17th August 2011, 11:52 AM
Ferrins is a threat to tartan pants...

Go do some of that garden work you promised to do for the missus. I vote you get the Nancy Boy award, for non attendance because of domestic duties.

BrisVegas
17th August 2011, 02:15 PM
Another champs and still no one seems to be mentioning my name as a threat?

no doubting your ability dean. It's the scratch handicap that's the issue.... :lol:

virge666
17th August 2011, 02:21 PM
Is Ferrins going to bring clubs that don't have roman numerals on the bottom of the heads . . .

"he's got 120m in, he is going to use the IX iron" - (I can't remember it in Latin)

live4golf
17th August 2011, 02:32 PM
KJ will bring the title to NSW.

KristianJ
17th August 2011, 02:43 PM
KJ will bring the title to NSW.

Ho of the Champs, presumably.

timah!
17th August 2011, 02:45 PM
Ho of the Champs, presumably.

Haha...you've got a bit to go for that!

Ferrins
17th August 2011, 03:24 PM
Is Ferrins going to bring clubs that don't have roman numerals on the bottom of the heads . . .

"he's got 120m in, he is going to use the IX iron" - (I can't remember it in Latin)

I will be using the same kit as last year that I bought for $40.

Palmer Bay Hill 1,3 & 5 wood. Driver has 185cc head
Brosnan Tour Classics 2-sw
Spalding TPM 3

Bag is a red Brosnan staff bag with matching headcovers.

virge666
17th August 2011, 03:34 PM
I will be using the same kit as last year that I bought for $40.

Palmer Bay Hill 1,3 & 5 wood. Driver has 185cc head
Brosnan Tour Classics 2-sw
Black rusty Spalding putter

Bag is a red Brosnan staff bag with matching headcovers.

Will you playing the Titleist Tour Balata or going with the Dunlop D65 ?

timah!
17th August 2011, 03:37 PM

Pffft, top flite x-outs!

Ferrins
17th August 2011, 04:03 PM

I am going to use those Nike Mojo balls that Kev gave me sh^t about listing as a champs prize.

This idiot loves them
Model Reviewed:
Mojo

Summary:
I have spent alot of my golf career in the woods looking for my ball. In fact i have never purchased golf balls, i play with what was in the bag when my father gave me his clubs. Last week i found a Nike Mojo ball in great condition, i liked the name and figured why not, and used it for my drop. Not only did i play the back nine on that course with that Mojo, but i tee'd it up on the next outing and played it all the way to the 17th hole on that course! I have never had such straight drives and good touch around and on the green. I will be purchasing a box of them soon as my first purchased golf balls! I am a Nike Golf believer now!

Ned
17th August 2011, 05:30 PM
Hux, for the love of god (sorry blake) WTF! are you still doing on that dodge Hcp????

dogging it for the Ozgolf Champs

:wink:

KristianJ
17th August 2011, 05:33 PM
Haha...you've got a bit to go for that!

Actually the extreme optimist in me wants to turn up to the Champs with my current WITB setup...then who knows, I may actually have half a chance of doing OK.

kev
17th August 2011, 05:57 PM
I am going to use those Nike Mojo balls that Kev gave me sh^t about listing as a champs prize.
<snip>

Huh?????

markTHEblake
17th August 2011, 06:36 PM
he's got 120m in, he is going to use the IX iron"

Now that would be quaint. Even better irons without numbers and have the original names instead.

Do you know if it is actually possible to fill in the numbers on a set of irons, crazy/silly I know but is it?

jaybam
17th August 2011, 07:07 PM
Now that would be quaint. Even better irons without numbers and have the original names instead.

Do you know if it is actually possible to fill in the numbers on a set of irons, crazy/silly I know but is it?

Ask god.

damoocow
17th August 2011, 07:15 PM
Ask god.

that made me laugh out loud

markTHEblake
17th August 2011, 07:19 PM
Attn: just
I did not start this. So don't whine about it.

Ask god.

If you are at work and you have a question do you go to your CEO first? No of course not,you would ask your immediate supervisor.

Yossarian
17th August 2011, 07:21 PM
Ask God.

KristianJ
17th August 2011, 07:24 PM
BTW, what is characteristic of a typical Ho of the Champs anyway?

markTHEblake
17th August 2011, 07:26 PM
Courty

timah!
17th August 2011, 07:27 PM
BTW, what is characteristic of a typical Ho of the Champs anyway?

It's the transactions by PM that lead to a winner...

BrisVegas
17th August 2011, 07:29 PM
Surely daves would be favourite for ho of the champs this year.

jaybam
17th August 2011, 07:30 PM
Attn: just
I did not start this. So don't whine about it.

If you are at work and you have a question do you go to your CEO first? No of course not,you would ask your immediate supervisor.

Why would I ask myself?

jaybam
17th August 2011, 07:32 PM
Surely daves would be favourite for ho of the champs this year.

I think dc68 is flying under the radar for this one as well.

KristianJ
17th August 2011, 07:35 PM
It's the transactions by PM that lead to a winner...

Noted. As mike would say, I'm fkd.

Ferrins
18th August 2011, 01:25 PM
Jaybam will win, as you can only suck for so long.

PeteyD
18th August 2011, 02:39 PM
DC is getting an extension put onto his old mans place to hold all his clubs.

dc68
18th August 2011, 02:59 PM
:roll:

jaybam
18th August 2011, 03:17 PM
Jaybam will win, as you can only suck for so long.

Funny I was going to say the same about you. I had 37 points yesterday and played one under my handicap. :)

BrisVegas
19th August 2011, 10:24 AM
Most of you probably haven't had the pleasure of playing with him yet but BroKar.

He is really starting to hit his straps and with a 16 H/C could be very dangerous.

He just bought a complete set of R11 woods and hybrid too! Honeymoon period!

Courty
19th August 2011, 10:33 AM
I'm backing myself in for the bottom half of the field again. I got nuffin'. :oops:

dc68
19th August 2011, 05:15 PM
It's your turn.

BroKar
19th August 2011, 05:24 PM
Haha we will see

Eag's
19th August 2011, 05:52 PM
OK, I had a good think about this today my top 5 below.

1. Hux - Everyone knows he is off a silly Hcp, but he can get it around, the putter will make or break his Champs.
2. Bruce - Ultra consistent and as long as he is banned from driving the cart, should be right up there again this year.
3. Nudgee - Can shoot lights out when he is on, as long as he has avoided the spicy food the night before he could shit it in.
4. DC - Is capable of playing great golf while consuming enough Jimmy to kill 10 men, as long as the toads stay out of sight he will give this a shake.
5. Damo - Another one who is on a bullshit silly Hcp and I think may be due this year. Most of the time he behaves on the Sat night drink fest, so that alone will put him miles ahead of the pack.

sms316
19th August 2011, 07:19 PM
Much more open this year as the course isn't playing anywhere near as long as last year. 3 woods are going further now than where driver went 12 months ago. 20 bunkers will have been removed by the time the Champs are on, not that half of them would be noticed anyway.

At some point I should post the changes. I've got them saved on Adobe, but posting them on here might be a PITA due to file size.

AndyP
19th August 2011, 07:23 PM
Send the file to me via email an I'll chick it on the server and provide a link.

BrisVegas
21st August 2011, 10:39 AM
Hopefully it doesn't rain again....

PeteyD
21st August 2011, 10:49 AM
Long range forecast is for a tempest to rival Larry ;)

dc68
21st August 2011, 12:17 PM
FFS... Please stop mentioning me as having a chance people!!

Ned
21st August 2011, 12:18 PM
Dave you have every chance of coming last!

dc68
21st August 2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks Daniel.

Jarro
21st August 2011, 02:22 PM
I'll tip Blakey to win this.

He has god on his side after all

sms316
21st August 2011, 03:47 PM
DC68 has to be the favourite.

dc68
21st August 2011, 04:54 PM
You are.... FFS.

BrisVegas
21st August 2011, 04:56 PM
hux will finish a close second to dc68. it's a done deal.

AndyP
21st August 2011, 05:01 PM
You must miss out on countback then, BV.

:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
21st August 2011, 05:04 PM
yeah, top 10 for me, maybe higher if it rains and i get to use my webbed feet.

Oxy
21st August 2011, 05:08 PM
he is a bity modest..........Bris Vegas to win.. Jim Beam and I will enjoy the weekend....

dc68
21st August 2011, 05:11 PM
Hey.... he's spending it with me!!!!

Oxy
21st August 2011, 05:43 PM
Hey.... he's spending it with me!!!!

i am so looking forward to the champs.....weather cannot be any WORSE surely....

BrisVegas
21st August 2011, 06:08 PM
i am so looking forward to the champs.....weather cannot be any WORSE surely....

You had to go and say that didn't you..... :roll:

kev
21st August 2011, 06:32 PM
Put me down for NAGA...

Courty
21st August 2011, 06:49 PM
Put me down for NAGA...

Sorry, that title is taken... permanently. ;)

markTHEblake
21st August 2011, 09:04 PM
I'll tip Blakey to win this.

He has god on his side after all

He is on everyones side.

: just, thats 0:2 now.

Daves
24th August 2011, 09:19 AM
Have we factored in the handicap changes that kick in next month to the form guides? Higher handicaps should get hit the most as I understand it.

jaybam
24th August 2011, 09:46 AM
Have we factored in the handicap changes that kick in next month to the form guides? Higher handicaps should get hit the most as I understand it.

What changes are those daves?

Ferrins
24th August 2011, 09:53 AM
Have a squiz at this bam bam

http://www.insidegolf.com.au/news/golf-australia/new-golf-handicapping-system-formula-announced/

Ferrins
24th August 2011, 09:58 AM
1. Alter ‘Best 10 of 20’ to ‘Best 8 of 20’.

2. Change the Bonus for Excellence multiplier from 0.96 to 0.93.

3. Introduce an Anchor which will prevent a player’s handicap from increasing any more than 4 strokes beyond their best exact handicap from the previous 12-month rolling period.

4. Golf Link will cap the score that goes into a player’s handicap record at no more than 50 (women) and 40 (men) over the course rating

Ferrins
24th August 2011, 09:58 AM

Takes me from 9.1 to 8.1

PeteyD
24th August 2011, 09:59 AM
Knee jerk reaction to not understanding the system and not letting it bed in. It shall be interesting to see what happens.

Ferrins
24th August 2011, 10:01 AM
Is the information I provided accurate?

PeteyD
24th August 2011, 10:03 AM
It is what is in the link.

jaybam
24th August 2011, 10:10 AM
Will go from 13.2 to 10.6. What a crock.

just
24th August 2011, 10:11 AM
Knee jerk reaction to not understanding the system and not letting it bed in. It shall be interesting to see what happens.

Exactly Pete. I've never understood this obsession with other peoples handicaps. BTW this change doesn't affect my cap much at all and I'm the high capper this is supposedly aimed at.

BrisVegas
24th August 2011, 10:21 AM

Takes me from 9.1 to 8.1

There you go, you're a better golfer already!

Same for me too. 6.0 -> 5.0. booo!

Sydney Hacker
24th August 2011, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know if the "anchor" will be retrospective or it will it just kick in from the 21st September this year?

Ned
24th August 2011, 11:42 AM
Retrospective for both calculation and anchor.

Golflink will be unavailable from the 19th September whilst all handicaps are recalculated.

The "Anchor" will be for lowest handicap in the last 12 months.

markTHEblake
24th August 2011, 12:52 PM
The handicap change will have an immeasurable affect on a single event.

markTHEblake
24th August 2011, 12:54 PM
Will go from 13.2 to 10.6. What a crock.

You were on 5 a couple of years ago!

jaybam
24th August 2011, 01:20 PM
So? I need 15 now

Ferrins
24th August 2011, 01:24 PM
Not with your new smicko driver.

markTHEblake
24th August 2011, 01:27 PM
So nothing! :-) just saying. People will interpret that any way they want. Its obvious the change will effect individuals in different ways.

Ned
24th August 2011, 01:28 PM
So? I need 15 now

Sandbagging burglar!!!!!!!! :smile:

shazza_rs
24th August 2011, 01:30 PM
Hcp currently 15.9. Will change to 15.1. Anchor is 11. Meh, it's still shite!

BrisVegas
24th August 2011, 01:31 PM
Hey, if the man says he needs 15 shots, then he needs 15 shots. :wink:

just
24th August 2011, 01:48 PM
I've got all the shots I need to win this thing but I might sneak out a couple more to be sure.:-k Any way I've got to start writing up my game plan. Andy can you sling me a copy of yours?

BrisVegas
24th August 2011, 01:52 PM
I've got all the shots I need to win this thing but I might sneak out a couple more to be sure.:-k Any way I've got to start writing up my game plan. Andy can you sling me a copy of yours?

You should prob ask oxy or pete_the_pilot, ie. the guys who've conquered Pelican Waters.

AndyP
24th August 2011, 02:39 PM
The removal of bunkers has completely ****ed my plan up.

Hux
24th August 2011, 05:00 PM
hux will finish a close second to dc68. it's a done deal.

Are we talking fat bastard comps or ability to swill bourbon. I know I will come second to DC in both of these events. I am pretty sure he can towel my ass on the golf course as well so we a trifecta.
However since neither of us takes the champs serious as anything other than an opportunity to (eat), drink and be merry I think I will leave the contest open to those who take it somewhat more serious.

sms316
24th August 2011, 05:11 PM
DC68 will shit it in.

Hux
24th August 2011, 05:13 PM
DC68 will shit it in.

Only one Ozgolfer can shit anything in and that is the uber shitter Nudgee.

Eag's
24th August 2011, 05:22 PM
:lol:

BrisWesty
24th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Only one Ozgolfer can shit anything in and that is the uber shitter Nudgee.

How can Nudgee s*** something in? If so, I'm going to call him Hoover or Dyson. ;-)

dc68
24th August 2011, 08:35 PM
Ok how does a bloke who was off 2 and playing pennant in March go to a cap of 11 for his next game on Saturday?

We are all on his case and calling him a fudging cheat,but apparent ly the fellas who have played with him lately are
saying he is really chopping it.

Ned
24th August 2011, 08:37 PM
Ok how does a bloke who was off 2 and playing pennant in March go to a cap of 11 for his next game on Saturday?

We are all on his case and calling him a fudging cheat,but apparent ly the fellas who have played with him lately are

But don't you drive the buses on Saturday .............................

dc68
24th August 2011, 09:33 PM
And my exact is 4.0 so it's not me you wanker.

Ned
24th August 2011, 09:35 PM

How those Pro Shop Walk overs Walk outs going .................

Ferrins
24th August 2011, 09:37 PM

He can't even work out the correct tees when he's sober.

BrisVegas
25th August 2011, 06:29 AM

Same way that the old system would drop handicaps quickly if you posted some good scores. Just that now it works in both directions.

sms316
25th August 2011, 09:32 AM
DC68 has to be odd-on to win this.

Eag's
25th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Has DC won this yet?

BrisVegas
25th August 2011, 09:51 AM
once already. short odds to be our first multiple winner.

Ned
25th August 2011, 10:28 AM
If he stays off the grog Friday night he will be a shoe in, cause he works Saturdays he is out of practice for Friday benders these days, otherwise if he does get on it then he be the fav for the Blue Balls as well!!!!!

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 10:43 AM
If no one else shows up then PeterRS will win this in a walkover.

Eag's
25th August 2011, 11:31 AM
once already. short odds to be our first multiple winner.

Yeah I know he has won before, (sarcasm is hard to detect online :)) I meant has he won this years yet ;)
If I was a betting man, I would load up on Daves, especially if he stays on that bullshit silly 13 hcp.

markTHEblake
25th August 2011, 11:46 AM

20 crap rounds. Easily done. If you think he is cheating the rules provide a method for dealing with that.

In any case come september he will be back to 6, and stuck there until at least March 2012

mike
25th August 2011, 12:57 PM
If no one else shows up then PeterRS will win this in a walkover.:lol::lol:

I laughed until I stopped.

dc68
25th August 2011, 04:36 PM
If SMS is playing off 4 no one else is going to get a look in.

Sydney Hacker
25th August 2011, 04:53 PM
If SMS is playing off 4 no one else is going to get a look in.
At the buffet?

peter_rs
25th August 2011, 05:29 PM
If no one else shows up then PeterRS will win this in a walkover.

U could be right but there are some guys who will show up

Dc will pull out last minute sat morning
Ddasey will have a sick family
Moe will have a broken arm still
Jaybam will try then it will be too hard
Eag's ... Life happens
Westy is Mia for me
Poidda melts in the rain
Andyp will still be unemployed
Just ?
X-ray ?

Everyone in the matchplay semi's has had a walk over so get over it.

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 05:33 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1857/saddam2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/saddam2.jpg/)

Relax guy!

shazza_rs
25th August 2011, 05:34 PM
He is!

Ned
25th August 2011, 05:34 PM
U could be right but there are some guys who will show up

Dc will pull out last minute sat morning
Ddasey will have a sick family
Moe will have a broken arm still
Jaybam will try then it will be too hard
Eag's ... Life happens
Westy is Mia for me
Poidda melts in the rain
Andyp will still be unemployed
Just ?
X-ray ?

Everyone in the matchplay semi's has had a walk over so get over it.

How many per player, 1, 2 or 3 walk overs ?

Is there a walk over limit ?

peter_rs
25th August 2011, 05:36 PM
5 then u have won :)

BrisVegas
25th August 2011, 05:37 PM
5 then u have won :)

:lol: well played sir.

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 05:39 PM
He is!
Actually I assume you guys would be at champs together so their goes my walkover theory!

Ned
25th August 2011, 05:40 PM
Actually I assume you guys would be at champs together so their goes my walkover theory!

shazza_rs
25th August 2011, 05:41 PM

:)

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 05:42 PM

;)

Iain
25th August 2011, 05:44 PM

Unless someone doesn't want to play it at champ's.

dc68
25th August 2011, 05:44 PM
A little birdy told me of a performance at the Gold Coast Police Golf Day which had one of the champs faves winning.

15 front 25 back.... Wonder what was consumed at half way?

AndyP
25th August 2011, 07:35 PM
What does my unemployment have to do with anything? Kick a man why he's down, why don't ya?

:(

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 07:38 PM
Unless someone doesn't want to play it at champ's.

You should never mix events Iain!

sms316
25th August 2011, 07:40 PM
Go DC!!!

Hux
25th August 2011, 07:41 PM

Shaz would kick his ass off that silly handicap she has :-)

dc68
25th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Go DC!!!

You are just as annoying as Frank the wank.

Ned
25th August 2011, 07:50 PM
dc will nudgee this in!

sms316
25th August 2011, 07:51 PM
You are just as annoying as Frank the wank.

Frank is the only person who can take dc68.

shazza_rs
25th August 2011, 07:55 PM
Shaz would kick his ass off that silly handicap she has :-)

Nah... I'd send him a few pm's and gin around for a while before committing to a date and time just before the cut off Then I'd send him a pm the morning of the game and say I forfeit because I have something else going on.

I'd then out him on ozgolf as being too hard to play a game with and turn it into another sledge fest :):)

Did I cover everything? ;)

Oh and you're right Hux, I would kick his arse with my ridiculous handicap!

dc68
25th August 2011, 08:02 PM
My son was sick I didn't have "something else" on.

shazza_rs
25th August 2011, 08:03 PM
I wasn't referring to you Dave or anyone else for that matter. I know your son was sick.

I was just making light of the situation.

Don't take it so seriously.

AndyP
25th August 2011, 08:17 PM
You needed more smilies, Shaz.

;)

shazza_rs
25th August 2011, 08:19 PM
Clearly! I'll see if I can improve my online persona. I'm pretty sure it's the same as I am in real life though :)

markTHEblake
25th August 2011, 08:31 PM
Nah... I'd send him a few pm's and gin around for a while before committing to a date ...

i read about that far and was thinkin, what the hell?

Hux
25th August 2011, 08:40 PM
Shaz and Pete met on RSVP and exchanged a few PM's, she ginned him about for a while committed to a date and ever since he has been a walk over.

:-)

shazza_rs
25th August 2011, 08:43 PM
Well played sir. But like all good Aussie couples we met in a pub. :)

BrisVegas
25th August 2011, 08:44 PM

Doh.

timah!
25th August 2011, 08:56 PM
I thought being drunk at parties was the way to go?
Clearly I was mislead.

goughy
25th August 2011, 08:59 PM
You needed more smilies, Shaz.

;)

Ap suggesting someone needs to use more smilies - that's worth a smilie :)

AndyP
25th August 2011, 09:03 PM
Get ****ed!

No smilie.

goughy
25th August 2011, 09:10 PM
:)

PeteyD
26th August 2011, 05:39 AM
Clearly! I'll see if I can improve my online persona. I'm pretty sure it's the same as I am in real life though :)

No way, it's much nicer :D

shazza_rs
26th August 2011, 05:55 AM
Get ****ed Pete! ;) That better?

Ned
26th August 2011, 06:04 AM
Get ****ed Pete! ;) That better?

Drop the wink....... otherwise he will expect his Mrs's to do the same every time she is telling him off!

Jono
2nd September 2011, 11:02 AM
I'm out to 17 now. I was on 9 before the handicap system change ... went out to 12 after the change over. Didn't play any golf until 2 months ago. Played 4 games since and now I'm on 17. I guess it's a true reflection of my current golfing abilities but if I can start hitting it straight again and learn to putt, I'll be a chance at the champs, I reckon. 8)

markTHEblake
2nd September 2011, 11:04 AM
:shock:

Ok thats it, we need two divisions at the champs,
Div 1 - Honest Golfers
Div 2 - Thieves (and that includes choppa the biggest bandit of all)

Jono
2nd September 2011, 11:09 AM
Dude, I'm honest. Trust me, I'm a doctor. ;)

But seriously, at no stage did I purposely waste shots in order to get my handicap up. As those who have played with me since my surgery know, I've been scoring consistently in the low 20's. The surgeon seems to have taken away my ability to hit the ball anywhere near straight and the little amount of putting ability I had is gone. :(

I'll work hard to get my handicap down to a more respectable level before the champs, but I can only try.

markTHEblake
2nd September 2011, 11:21 AM
The surgeon seems to have taken away my ability to hit the ball anywhere near straight

That i have seen :-)

Iain
2nd September 2011, 11:27 AM
I'm out to 17 now. I was on 9 before the handicap system change ... went out to 12 after the change over. Didn't play any golf until 2 months ago. Played 4 games since and now I'm on 17. I guess it's a true reflection of my current golfing abilities but if I can start hitting it straight again and learn to putt, I'll be a chance at the champs, I reckon. 8)

Except, you can only go out 4 shots from your lowest. Back to 16 for you.

Choppa
2nd September 2011, 08:42 PM
:shock:

Ok thats it, we need two divisions at the champs,
Div 1 - Honest Golfers
Div 2 - Thieves (and that includes choppa the biggest bandit of all)

I didn't realize I intimidated you so much. This is too easy.

Jono
3rd September 2011, 04:56 PM
Except, you can only go out 4 shots from your lowest. Back to 16 for you.

As I said in my earlier post, I hope it will be lower than that at the champs.

Ned
5th September 2011, 06:53 PM
dc divot head 68 won this yet ?

Hux
5th September 2011, 08:28 PM
dc divot head 68 won this yet ?

He's got no chance now I have TM goodness.........

Lucasto23
5th September 2011, 08:43 PM
Asking him if you can borrow some wedges to match the irons :)

Hux
5th September 2011, 08:48 PM
Asking him if you can borrow some wedges to match the irons :)

Blah I already have TM Proto Z cutter in my bag....the Vokey's can disappear any old time.

dc68
6th September 2011, 03:33 AM
You may want too update your sig big man.

Oh and you can't lose this now.

Hux
6th September 2011, 05:11 AM
I can't believe you didn't call dibs on the irons!!!!!!

Ned
6th September 2011, 06:02 AM
I can't believe you didn't call dibs on the irons!!!!!!

he doesn't need to.............he gets his "mate" to buy clubs for him!

goughy
6th September 2011, 06:03 AM

sorry to say but clikchic and I didn't meet in a pub! We met while training to work in pubs!

BrisVegas
6th September 2011, 03:01 PM
Will a Nunchuk player win the champs? Surely, if they're that good, it's a dead cert..... :wink:

timah!
6th September 2011, 03:02 PM
Darrell survey on driver shafts? :p

KristianJ
6th September 2011, 04:16 PM
Darrell survey on driver shafts? :p

Do it! :mrgreen:

EDIT: I've done it. (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/25274-Ozgolf-quot-Darrell-Survey-quot-September-2011-Driver-shafts)

LeftyHoges
6th September 2011, 04:35 PM
This thread seals it.

I'm starting the 2012 OzGolf Champs RSVP thread.

1. LeftyHoges

BroKar
6th September 2011, 04:39 PM
ill put 50 on non nunchucker at the right odds

LeftyHoges
6th September 2011, 04:40 PM
ill put 50 on non nunchucker at the right odds

So long as you can lay the bet coming down the final fairway???

Ned
12th September 2011, 08:15 PM
When dc68 gets that Nunchuck from L4G then the Champs outcome will be done and dusted.

BroKar
12th September 2011, 08:55 PM
So long as you can lay the bet coming down the final fairway???

Haha that would be awesome

dc68
13th September 2011, 04:43 PM
When dc68 gets that Nunchuck from L4G then the Champs outcome will be done and dusted.

Wanker.

sms316
13th September 2011, 05:28 PM
Stop trying to talk your chances down divot head. Everyone knows that they are playing for second. It's the same as playing in the FNQ matchplay with NK in the field.

dc68
14th September 2011, 02:48 PM
Good one Frank. I am no effen chance, swinging like a rusty gate!!! Can't break 80 at Pacific so no chance at PW.

Jarro
14th September 2011, 03:39 PM
Good one Frank. I am no effen chance, swinging like a rusty gate!!! Can't break 80 at Pacific so no chance at PW.

He's right .... 1,000,000 to 1

shazza_rs
14th September 2011, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm using up all my shit shots at the moment so I reckon I'm due to come into some form.

Jarro
14th September 2011, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm using up all my shit shots at the moment so I reckon I'm due to come into some form.

As long as you stay out of the bunkers you might be a chance girl ;)

sms316
14th September 2011, 04:02 PM
As long as you stay out of the bunkers you might be a chance girl ;)

You'll need to. A lot of the bunkers have been "restored" to the deep soft rubbish from 2009. They're frikkin terrible (plug lies from balls bouncing in).

peter_rs
14th September 2011, 07:01 PM
We spent some time in the practice bunker at the vintage and kooindah and she has improved greatly

Ok it was a lot of time

Ned
19th September 2011, 05:40 PM
So dc, getting any crubs tuned up by perci to put your victory beyond doubt for the 2011 Champs ?:-k

AndyP
19th September 2011, 05:49 PM
I think dc will score 43 points both days to romp it in.

Ned
19th September 2011, 05:53 PM
He will be out to 10 cap by the Champs!

dc68
19th September 2011, 06:12 PM
Anyone want my golflink so they can keep checking up on me?

fwiw you are both tosspots and wankers.

Ned
19th September 2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone want my golflink so they can keep checking up on me?

fwiw you are both tosspots and wankers.

http://backspace.com/notes/images/littlebrother.jpg

Iain
19th September 2011, 06:43 PM
Kpac.

Or DC.

Yossarian
19th September 2011, 06:45 PM
Is DC having that time of the month today?

PeteyD
19th September 2011, 06:48 PM
I am going to rise from the ashes and be a last minute entrant and kick all your asses into next year.

My money is on Iain.

BrisVegas
19th September 2011, 06:59 PM
I think dc will score 43 points both days to romp it in.

didn't choppa have 43 points on Saturday at Kooralbyn? If only he coulda made it to the tee on Sunday......

AndyP
19th September 2011, 07:08 PM
didn't choppa have 43 points on Saturday at Kooralbyn? If only he coulda made it to the tee on Sunday......I thought it was closer to 36pts.

BrisVegas
19th September 2011, 07:21 PM
I thought it was closer to 36pts.

maybe you're right. Mighta been poidda.

Eag's
19th September 2011, 07:52 PM
No pressure at all on these favorites :lol:

markTHEblake
19th September 2011, 07:53 PM
Eag's is a shoe-in

BrisVegas
19th September 2011, 07:56 PM
No pressure at all on these favorites :lol:

Pressure builds diamonds Rich.

Choppa
21st September 2011, 09:02 PM
I'm on DC for a vom. No idea about anything else but that's a certainty.

sms316
22nd September 2011, 07:36 AM
dc68 will lap the field

dc68
22nd September 2011, 08:12 AM
FFS My cap just went down under the new thingo. I'm NO chance. A spew on the other hand is a definate as
I am soooooooooooo out of form on the drink.

jaybam
22nd September 2011, 08:13 AM
dc68 will lap the field You are kidding? Your fat ass should romp this in. Home course and all.

dc68
22nd September 2011, 08:16 AM
I've been saying ^^^^^ all along.

jaybam
22nd September 2011, 08:19 AM
I've been saying ^^^^^ all along. FMD don't tell me we agree on something lol

dc68
22nd September 2011, 08:57 AM
Apart from Parra sucking ass?

jaybam
22nd September 2011, 09:12 AM
That's just mean I tell ya. Kick a man while he is down.

Ned
22nd September 2011, 09:49 AM
FFS My cap just went down under the new thingo. I'm NO chance. A spew on the other hand is a definate as
I am soooooooooooo out of form on the drink.

So you aren't intending to play all those games you have lined between now and the Champs then ?

kpac
22nd September 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm no hope - the bloody handicap was crunched by 1.5 by the new system. So i'm playing off 2 less than last year.

Bruce
22nd September 2011, 02:46 PM
Given everyone has moved I think 70 points might be the winning score this year.

sms316
22nd September 2011, 06:18 PM
You are kidding? Your fat ass should romp this in. Home course and all.

I've been saying ^^^^^ all along.
Dribblers. FYI I'm working the 11 days prior to Champs. I'll be be carrying zero form.

Ferrins
22nd September 2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone that plays with me on Saturday, will not win.

sms316
22nd September 2011, 06:27 PM
Anyone who plays with Solarman on Sunday will not win either.

jaybam
22nd September 2011, 07:42 PM
Dribblers. FYI I'm working the 11 days prior to Champs. I'll be be carrying zero form.

So what. I wont be getting another hit in before then ??

kev
22nd September 2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone who plays with Solarman on Sunday will not win either.

Very good! :)