Pages : 1 [2]

Ferrins
25th September 2011, 09:08 AM
vegas- no hope

BrisVegas
25th September 2011, 09:23 AM
vegas- no hope

+1.

I've never played a champs off 5 before! And it's not like I'm playing any golf to justify the low handicap.

Ferrins
25th September 2011, 09:26 AM
Jaybam has played off 5 before and you'll be giving him 14 shots:)

jaybam
25th September 2011, 09:40 AM
Jaybam has played off 5 before and you'll be giving him 14 shots:) IIm off 12 not 19. Next year I will be off 19 :)

Ferrins
25th September 2011, 09:42 AM
Over two rounds.

BrisVegas
25th September 2011, 09:57 AM
I'll win this....arrive Saturday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed.
In bed early Sat nite (no homo) and carve it up Sunday.
35-36 should win this.

does that mean you're coming??

Ferrins
25th September 2011, 10:03 AM
35-36 over two rounds is not a great score.

jaybam
25th September 2011, 10:47 AM
Over two rounds. Ahhhh ok then. Right you are lol

Eag's
25th September 2011, 10:47 AM
OK, I thought it was time to wack up some odds :)
Some players I no nothing about so they will go down as unknown.

1. Shavey - 100/1 Vodka will be the death of him.
2. Nudgee - 10/1 If he gets stuck into chorizo the night before, he will shit it in.
3. Supo67 - Unknown
4. G69 - 150/1 Can shoot anything, but will pull a muscle Sat night playing coins against the wall.
5. Eag's - 60/1 Unlikely to repeat solid showing of last year. Will be drinking large quantities of Bundy.
6. Goughy - 300/1 No chance especially playing off scratch ;)
7. just - 15/1 He will be my roughy who is due to perform at the Champs.
8. Dotty - Unknown
9. ddasey - 50/1 Can get it around, should be off a juicy Hcp.
10. KristianJ - Unknown
11. Virge666 - 8/1 Very solid player, but will get distracted giving half the field swing lessons.
12. Scotty (Shavey's mate) - Unknown
13. Ferrins -12/1 Does have game, but will try and chat up the drinks cart chick and cop a kick in the nutts.
14. haysey - 50/1 Depends if Haysey or Masey turns up
15. Courty - 100/1 Will miss his tee time due to not being able to decide what outfit matches his shoes.
16. AndyP - 25/1 May struggle with his new Hcp and suffer a paper cut while working on his course guide.
17. kpac - 10/1 Won't show any form until the money goes on.... then look out.
18. sms - 5/1 Does have the local knowledge, but may not be able to tear himself away from the pie cart.
19. Daves - 4/1 Ultra consistent expect a bold showing.
20. BroKar - 50/1 Have been told he should be on a lower Hcp.
21. Solarman - 500/1 NAGA enough said.
22. Chop - 8/1 Always seems to play well at the Champs, he is due.
23. Hux - 9/1 Hits the ball great for someone off his Hcp, only problem is Stevie Wonder putts better.
24. nk - 11/1 Very straight off the tee, but soft on the drink.
25. Xray - Unknown
26. GC - 20/1 Has shown form in the past, maybe another roughies chance?
27. Vegas - 15/1 Might struggle with his lower Hcp, but still must be a serious threat.
28. Coffs - Unknown It's been to long since I played with him to remember his play?
29. DC - 3/1 Unbackable favorite on or off the drink.
30. Henno - 150/1 To busy at the Playboy mansion for golf. Does he even play anymore?
31. damoocow - 100/1 Will be to busy writing hate mail to Jack Reed to focus on golf.
32. Oxy - 5/1 Could be the first to go back to back, still on a bullshit inflated Hcp.
33. Peter_rs - 12/1 If he can keep it in play, he is a show. Playing off 9 might be a test though.
34. Shazza_rs - 200/1 Will have to scull a drink every time she tells someone to **** off, so no chance
35. Kev - 40/1 Is capable of some mastery with the short game.
36. TD42T - Unknown
37. BrisWesty - 20/1 Very steady and most likely to be sober all weekend so that's a plus.
38. Goonie - 35/1 Not sure if he has fully recovered from his injury earlier in the year?
39. Petethepilot - 3/1 Equal favorite with the bourbon monster, will go close again this year.
40. Outcast - Unknown
41. blakey - 7/1 Very consistent, but can and will talk under water.
42. Marto65 - 25/1 Will still be shattered from Manly getting belted by the Warriors.
43. Timah - 100/1 Just because he is a Storm supporter.
44. Matty - Unknown
45. Iain - 9/1 Has been in some form of late, might be his year. Sure not to have a hair out of place.
46. Haystacks - Unknown
47. Sheldon77 - Unknown
48. Bruce - 6/1 Almost as consistent as Vegas, can he put two days together this time around?
49. Popper81 - Unknown
50. razaar - 30/1 A very accurate player, but may get worn out arguing swing theories with Virge.
51. Jono - 150/1 Has gotten back into golf again recently, but will be a few runs short one thinks.
52. Monty - Unknown
53. Cosmo - Unknown
54. Jaybam - 8/1 From what I hear he will be on a juicy Hcp come Champs time. Can give this a shake.

markTHEblake
25th September 2011, 11:51 AM
Good work Eag's.

Ferrins
25th September 2011, 11:53 AM
Most stableford points.

AndyP
25th September 2011, 11:57 AM
Someone help me out with past winners here...I need to try to find a common theme.
Iain, Vegas, DC, Davemason, um.....
Oxy, petethepilot, gazgolf.

MegaWatty
25th September 2011, 12:05 PM
Ok common theme found.
Unlucky Henno, Goonie, Nudgee, Bruce, Cosmo Jono.....but your username must not end with a vowel.

Bloody hell. Nice work Rainman!

goughy
25th September 2011, 12:21 PM
Off scratch and I'm still not the longest odds! I'll take that.

BrisWesty
25th September 2011, 02:29 PM
Nicely assembled Eags.

dc68
25th September 2011, 05:44 PM
You too Eag's?

Pfft

BrisVegas
25th September 2011, 05:51 PM
Someone help me out with past winners here...I need to try to find a common theme.
Iain, Vegas, DC, Davemason, um.....

dead set legends.

Oxy
25th September 2011, 06:52 PM
Excellent run down Eags.

Defending the Champs off 18. With a new 3 wood, Titleist CB irons, SC putter....doomed to fail....but going to a have a great time either way..as well as preparing to up the family and move to Newcastle from Bris Vegas in between.

I'll have my money on Andy P at 25/1, considering his form at Wolly Park...No Pressure mate...

Hoping it's sunny for three days....please.

See you all soon with 'CUP' to hand over to the next 'CHAMP'

jaybam
25th September 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm still picking myself up off the floor. 8/1. Hahaha aha clown.

damoocow
25th September 2011, 08:06 PM
Nice list Eags! - was it assembled with or without rum?

Hux
25th September 2011, 08:10 PM
Jeez Eag's at least Stevie Wonder has someone to rattle the pin so he knows where to aim. I don't get any outside assistance.

Save your $ on me. I am spending more time on a bike than a golf course. Not sure how I will go with withdrawals from not riding for a whole weekend :-)

markTHEblake
25th September 2011, 08:10 PM
had to be without rum, there is no way he could type that much with his knuckles.

Eag's
26th September 2011, 05:02 AM
Nice list Eags! - was it assembled with or without rum?

Without mate :)

Marto65
26th September 2011, 05:18 AM
I'll have my money on Andy P at 25/1, considering his form at Wolly Park...No Pressure mate...

Considering he and Daves play golf for a living these days... they'll be hard to beat.

AndyP
26th September 2011, 05:29 AM
My odds have come in every year, and I'm yet to finish on the podium.

BrisVegas
26th September 2011, 06:58 AM
My odds have come in every year, and I'm yet to finish on the podium.

Time to get that monkey off your back Andy.

AndyP
26th September 2011, 07:03 AM
Count me in for one solid round on day one and a cruddy round from the blacks on day two.

MegaWatty
26th September 2011, 07:40 AM
Time to get that monkey off your back Andy. Yeah Andy. Give that monkey a huge spank.

Ferrins
26th September 2011, 07:43 AM
Count me in for one solid round on day one and a cruddy round from the blacks on day two.

I want to see another NTP using your driver off the tee.

markTHEblake
26th September 2011, 11:46 AM
Considering he and Daves play golf for a living these days... they'll be hard to beat.But their handicaps reflect that, so that evens it out against the obvious bandits like choppa and kpac.

goughy
26th September 2011, 11:53 AM
Can someone tell me what I'll be playing off? Last year was 18, but if I am off scratch like I should be then I'd like to know. I don't wanna spend the next 3 weeks preparing to play seriously only to find out it's not necessary! Cause we know on the golf course I'm such a serious fellow :)

BrisVegas
26th September 2011, 11:59 AM
But their handicaps reflect that, so that evens it out against the obvious bandits like choppa and kpac.

Exactly, neither are bandits.

kpac
26th September 2011, 12:33 PM
please!

sms316
26th September 2011, 02:23 PM
Solarman sent me a text earlier today telling me to load up on Courty for the 2011 NAGA. He says that Courty's strenuous practice routing includes looking in the mirror constantly, applying mousse to his hair, and waxing various parts of his anatomy.

MegaWatty
26th September 2011, 02:28 PM
Solarman sent me a text earlier today telling me to load up on Courty for the 2011 NAGA. He says that Courty's strenuous practice routing includes looking in the mirror constantly, applying mousse to his hair, and waxing various parts of his anatomy. That's rich from a bloke once photographed getting a pedicure!

Eag's
26th September 2011, 03:05 PM
That's rich from a bloke once photographed getting a pedicure!

With what, a Black & Decker sander?

peter_rs
26th September 2011, 03:25 PM
Can someone tell me what I'll be playing off? Last year was 18, but if I am off scratch like I should be then I'd like to know. I don't wanna spend the next 3 weeks preparing to play seriously only to find out it's not necessary! Cause we know on the golf course I'm such a serious fellow :)

17 after the last adjustment

Hux
26th September 2011, 03:50 PM
Time to get that monkey off your back Andy.

I'm sure spending all that time at home he is giving it a damn good spanking which should help get it off his back :-)

AndyP
26th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Make up your mind. I'm either at home or I'm on the golf course. I can't be in both places.

goughy
26th September 2011, 04:29 PM
So I'm assuming the Saturday draw is being done on Friday night? Coins on a wall?

peter_rs
26th September 2011, 04:31 PM
Close names out of a hat with selected requests

Eag's
26th September 2011, 04:45 PM
Same as last year just draw out numbers or names.

PeteyD
26th September 2011, 04:57 PM
NK is responsible for the draw this year, as I am not making it. Best ask him what he is doing.

Courty
26th September 2011, 06:44 PM
OK, I thought it was time to wack up some odds :)
Some players I no nothing about so they will go down as unknown.

15. Courty - 100/1 Will miss his tee time due to not being able to decide what outfit matches his shoes.

You underestimate me. My outfit (complete with choice of shoes) has been nailed down for months. 8)

KristianJ
26th September 2011, 06:51 PM
10. KristianJ - Unknown

I can think of several other "Un" words that describe my chances. Uncoordinated, uncertain, unpredictable, underwhelming...

BrisVegas
26th September 2011, 06:53 PM
I can think of several other "Un" words that describe my chances. Uncoordinated, uncertain, unpredictable, underwhelming...

Yeah sure. Under the radar more likely. You could be the first out of state winner.

BrisVegas
27th September 2011, 11:20 AM
Hot tip I just got is that it's marktheblake's year. You read it here first.

goughy
27th September 2011, 11:34 AM
Going to the driving range this arvo. Prior years my only hit before the champs has been saturday mornings swap fest at the range up there.

I'm calling it early, watch out for me.....

I should be in the trees to the left ;)

Outcast
27th September 2011, 08:53 PM
he bourbon monster, will go close again this year.
40. Outcast - Unknown

Just the way I like it to be too...

However, unless some radical improvement happens with my swing in the next two weeks (one week of which is at sea) then, I suspect I will really enjoy the drinking:mrgreen:

solarman
28th September 2011, 12:17 PM
I need to send the NAGA Trophy down as Courty and Haysey don't want to take it due to passing security with it and the thought that it may rub its Naganess into their golf swings.
Someone put there hand up please in this thread and the first one can PM me their mailing address please.

jaybam
28th September 2011, 12:25 PM
Just hold onto it. I am sure they will find a way for you to retain it if your there or not.

solarman
28th September 2011, 12:31 PM
Just hold onto it. I am sure they will find a way for you to retain it if your there or not.

Exactly :roll:

haysey
28th September 2011, 01:41 PM

Good point. I'll get Courty on to changing the by-laws.

Courty
28th September 2011, 03:15 PM
Good point. I'll get Courty on to changing the by-laws.

No changing necessary. It's a perpetual trophy with room for only one engraved name 8)

Eag's
28th September 2011, 03:19 PM
:lol:

goughy
5th October 2011, 06:47 PM
Better bump me out to 1000/1, even if they have me an 18hc. Does anyone know if you can screw spikes into the bottom of a moon boot?

dc68
5th October 2011, 07:25 PM
Oh No! what have you done?

goughy
5th October 2011, 07:34 PM
Confirmed a stress fracture in my foot which I've been carrying since my 24hr race. It's not stopping me from doing anything as such, but it obviously isn't heeling at all. Spose to wear the thing 24/7, only taking it off in the shower. Saying that I may not be able you work with it on, I may still do some gentle cycling and some swimming. But the forces and twisting on my right foot in the golf swung may not be good for it. May have to wear the boot and bunt everything yet if it he's aggravated. Ideally I shouldn't be playing gold I on it, but the only thing that would make me miss this would be decapitation, and I'd get someone to mount my head on a stick and carry it around so that I could still attend!

just
5th October 2011, 07:43 PM
Goughy
You can ride around in the cart and take pics or do runs to the cart girl to get piss if she's tardy in getting around. Is it worth doing extra damage for a sport you hardly play when it will possibly delay you getting back to the stuff you like?

goughy
5th October 2011, 07:58 PM
I love golf more than you can imagine! Nothing is stopping me from having a hit. The only reasons I don't play are the combinations of cost and the amount of time lost in the middle of the day.

I'm actually hoping to get back to it maybe next year if things turn around a bit.

Ned
5th October 2011, 08:12 PM
Well now that Goughy has pulled up lame, any remote chance of dc68 being beaten for the 2011 Champs has disappeared.

Eag's
5th October 2011, 08:53 PM
Bummer goughy, look after yourself mate.

PeteyD
5th October 2011, 09:07 PM
Moon Wedge. We can go together as a cripples group goughy! :D

BrisVegas
6th October 2011, 11:04 AM
someone please wind my odds out big time. Had a chop round Hills yesterday for 29 points. couldn't hit a barn with a mop....

timah!
6th October 2011, 11:06 AM
Form guide needs an update!

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

Daves
6th October 2011, 11:11 AM
someone please wind my odds out big time. Had a chop round Hills yesterday for 29 points. couldn't hit a barn with a mop....

Purified your system of those bad shots, should be raging 2nd fav. now I reckon!;)

AndyP
6th October 2011, 11:21 AM
Form guide needs an update!No it doesn't. 8-[

And why the **** are Tapatalk signatures back?!?!?!?

timah!
6th October 2011, 11:25 AM
No it doesn't. 8-[

And why the **** are Tapatalk signatures back?!?!?!?

They appeared with the return of God. It must be a sign.

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

sms316
6th October 2011, 11:26 AM
Form guide needs an update!

I supergoaled Tapatalk.
If God decides to play he would slot into the second line of betting. Even God can't beat dc68.

AndyP
6th October 2011, 11:29 AM
They appeared with the return of God. It must be a sign. Tapatalk the POS doesn't even work properly.

timah!
6th October 2011, 11:31 AM
'Wow'?
;)

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

KristianJ
6th October 2011, 11:32 AM
If God decides to play he would slot into the second line of betting. Even God can't beat dc68.

Can dc hit a 1 iron?

Jarro
6th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Can dc hit a 1 iron?

yes, out of a bunker no less !!

Marto65
6th October 2011, 12:15 PM

What a sad desperate attempt to try to get shots back before the champs. ;) At least you're out there grooving the swing.

BrisVegas
6th October 2011, 12:18 PM
What a sad desperate attempt to try to get shots back before the champs. ;) At least you're out there grooving the swing.

LOL @ "grooving" the swing. It was hit and giggle with some non-golfers on an absolute goat track of a course. I did hit a couple of 300m drives though, thanks to concrete like conditions...

AndyP
6th October 2011, 12:23 PM
absolute goat track of a course.Is that your official course review?

BrisVegas
6th October 2011, 12:31 PM
Is that your official course review?

heheh, yeah pretty much. Crazy golf. Extremely penal design and unreceptive fairways. Rock hard fairways where the slopes feed to the water hazards is never gonna have a happy ending. I hit it too far on a few holes and ended up in hidden lakes and bunkers. Weird that for such a long course, you should need to tee off with 4 & 5 iron on some par 4's. the par 3's were generally pretty good. Long, but big greens. The bunkers were terrible. worse than Windaroo. Only a few had sand. most were raked dirt with poly pipe in the middle to help them drain. It could be a decent course if they had the money to irrigate the fairways and fix a couple of the crazy holes.

The highlight was getting home in 2 on one of the par 5's (10th) after getting nearly 100m of roll on my tee shot! I 3-putted for par, but that's another story... Did I mention how shit the greens were? We spent 5 minutes trying to find the 10th after finishing 9.... A couple of signs wouldn't go astray. :lol:

Poidda told me he had 73 off the plates here once. The man is a legend. :cool:

AndyP
6th October 2011, 12:33 PM
That's not too dissimilar to my review of it. And that's 6 years ago!

The course itself was very disappointing. The bunkers are an absolute joke, as a lot of them are compacted like a cart path :roll:, and haven't been tidied up after rain, with puddle marks in the centre. The fairways are extremely bare, but the greens are OK. But one of the other guys can comment on the greens, as I was swearing at them quite a bit by the end of the day.

It's the second time I have played the course, and I was keen to try it again, where I wouldn't be playing holes blind. It was even better having a local in our group.
However, this time the trick holes just seemed annoying.
A par 4, where the best play was to hit a 5I, then a 3W to the green!!!
There were two T-shots that I hit nicely onto fairways, that left me with bunt shots underneath trees to get to the green. One of these was the 17th, that even the local thought was shit. The trees overhang such that if you don't get passed them, you only have a very small gap where you can actually fly it to the green. :evil: The green itself slopes straight back down towards the fairway, and all three of us who completed the hole, three putted.

I don't think I will be making the drive down there in a hurry, as there are plenty of better courses around that are closer.

BrisVegas
6th October 2011, 12:40 PM
yeah i remember your review andy, and I was expecting some silly holes. The conditioning of the course was the standout for me. Just woeful. They've got 400 international students there and 60 in the golf program. surely they could throw some coin at the course??? How the hell Jason Day became a star with that as his home track amazes me.

I won't bother playing there again. Had a couple of beers and some awesome fish and chips at the little bar next door to the pro shop though. That went down well.

dc68
6th October 2011, 12:40 PM
J Day did alright playing to +4 around there then?

BrisVegas
6th October 2011, 12:41 PM
J Day = Freak.

goughy
6th October 2011, 01:04 PM
Moon Wedge. We can go together as a cripples group goughy! :D

Ambulance cart! I reckon I've got half a chance at making a swing in this thing. But I have just checked the regulations regarding taking an unplayable from a bunker. Ain't no chance I'll be wandering into one of those. My odds to 1500/1

PeteyD
6th October 2011, 07:45 PM
hopefully the rain will settle the sand in the bunkers.

AndyP
9th October 2011, 09:14 PM
2. Nudgee - 10/1 If he gets stuck into chorizo the night before, he will shit it in.
3. Supo67 - Unknown
4. G69 - 150/1 Can shoot anything, but will pull a muscle Sat night playing coins against the wall.
5. Eag's - 60/1 Unlikely to repeat solid showing of last year. Will be drinking large quantities of Bundy.
6. Goughy - 300/1 No chance especially playing off scratch ;)
8. Dotty - Unknown
10. KristianJ - Unknown
11. Virge666 - 8/1 Very solid player, but will get distracted giving half the field swing lessons.
13. Ferrins -12/1 Does have game, but will try and chat up the drinks cart chick and cop a kick in the nutts.
16. AndyP - 25/1 May struggle with his new Hcp and suffer a paper cut while working on his course guide.
17. kpac - 10/1 Won't show any form until the money goes on.... then look out.
18. sms - 5/1 Does have the local knowledge, but may not be able to tear himself away from the pie cart.
23. Hux - 9/1 Hits the ball great for someone off his Hcp, only problem is Stevie Wonder putts better.
24. nk - 11/1 Very straight off the tee, but soft on the drink.
25. Xray - Unknown
27. Vegas - 15/1 Might struggle with his lower Hcp, but still must be a serious threat.
28. Coffs - Unknown It's been to long since I played with him to remember his play?
29. DC - 3/1 Unbackable favorite on or off the drink.
30. Henno - 150/1 To busy at the Playboy mansion for golf. Does he even play anymore?
31. damoocow - 100/1 Will be to busy writing hate mail to Jack Reed to focus on golf.
32. Oxy - 5/1 Could be the first to go back to back, still on a bullshit inflated Hcp.
33. Peter_rs - 12/1 If he can keep it in play, he is a show. Playing off 9 might be a test though.
34. Shazza_rs - 200/1 Will have to scull a drink every time she tells someone to **** off, so no chance
36. TD42T - Unknown
37. BrisWesty - 20/1 Very steady and most likely to be sober all weekend so that's a plus.
38. Goonie - 35/1 Not sure if he has fully recovered from his injury earlier in the year?
39. Petethepilot - 3/1 Equal favorite with the bourbon monster, will go close again this year.
40. Outcast - Unknown
42. Marto65 - 25/1 Will still be shattered from Manly getting belted by the Warriors.
44. Matty - Unknown
45. Iain - 9/1 Has been in some form of late, might be his year. Sure not to have a hair out of place.
46. Haystacks - Unknown
47. Sheldon77 - Unknown
48. Bruce - 6/1 Almost as consistent as Vegas, can he put two days together this time around?
49. Popper81 - Unknown
50. razaar - 30/1 A very accurate player, but may get worn out arguing swing theories with Virge.
51. Jono - 150/1 Has gotten back into golf again recently, but will be a few runs short one thinks.
52. Monty - Unknown
53. Cosmo - Unknown
54. Jaybam - 8/1 From what I hear he will be on a juicy Hcp come Champs time. Can give this a shake.
Time for any adjustments, Eag's?

I guess you can't wind Nudgee in any more, since he's already at 10/1?
60/1 for you is too much. You just need the driver to fire.
Put ddasey out. We saw only two shots of his on Wednesday and they were utter garbage.
Brokar may have an iPhone. Bring his odds in. Or put them out as he may be DQ'd? ;)
peter_rs has lost his game. Out he goes.
Westy is a good chance. Matchplay on the Saturday to keep the focus.
There are a few scratchings as well.

PeteyD
9th October 2011, 09:21 PM
definitely needs an update.

jaybam
9th October 2011, 09:36 PM
Hell yeah. Wind me out to at least 80's

Daves
9th October 2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, DC is now shorter odds than Black Caviar. The Bookies are screaming.

Eag's
10th October 2011, 05:34 AM
I will make a few adjustments at work today ;)

PeteyD
10th October 2011, 07:27 AM
Have not played for 6 weeks, will be 7 next weekend. Probably have a blinder ;)

Jarro
10th October 2011, 07:38 AM
If the big spaniard is off 10 then he's a real chance.

Eag's
10th October 2011, 08:05 AM
Righto, updates in Blue. I have also added the cripple to the market.

2. Nudgee - 10/1 6/1 If he gets stuck into chorizo the night before, he will shit it in.
3. Supo67 - Scratched
5. Eag's - 60/1 40/1 Unlikely to repeat solid showing of last year. Will be drinking large quantities of Bundy.
6. Goughy - 300/1 No chance especially playing off scratch :wink:
8. Dotty - Unknown
10. KristianJ - Unknown
15. Courty - 100/1 60/1 Will miss his tee time due to not being able to decide what outfit matches his shoes.
16. AndyP - 25/1 8/1 May struggle with his new Hcp and suffer a paper cut while working on his course guide.
17. kpac - 10/1 8/1 Won't show any form until the money goes on.... then look out.
18. sms - 5/1 3/1 Does have the local knowledge, but may not be able to tear himself away from the pie cart.
23. Hux - 9/1 15/1 Hits the ball great for someone off his Hcp, only problem is Stevie Wonder putts better.
24. nk - 11/1 15/1 Very straight off the tee, but soft on the drink.
25. Xray - Unknown
27. Vegas - 15/1 12/1 Might struggle with his lower Hcp, but still must be a serious threat.
29. DC - 3/1 Unbackable Evens favorite on or off the drink.
30. Henno - 150/1 Scratched
31. damoocow - 100/1 30/1 Will be to busy writing hate mail to Jack Reed to focus on golf.
33. Peter_rs - 12/1 15/1 If he can keep it in play, he is a show. Playing off 9 might be a test though.
34. Shazza_rs - 200/1 100/1 Will have to scull a drink every time she tells someone to **** off, so no chance
36. TD42T - Unknown
40. Outcast - Unknown
44. Matty - Unknown
46. Haystacks - Unknown
47. Sheldon77 - Unknown
49. Popper81 - Unknown
52. Monty - Unknown
53. Cosmo - Unknown
55. PeteyD - 200/1 Even with a new hip he will be lacking the miles in the legs.

Ned
10th October 2011, 08:10 AM
WTF.......................Hux the same as me, he has nearly twice the amount of shots.:shock:

Eag's
10th October 2011, 08:12 AM
He rides bikes these days and golf is a distraction ;)

haysey
10th October 2011, 08:17 AM
15. Courty - 100/1 60/1 Will miss his tee time due to not being able to decide what outfit matches his shoes.

That should be 600/1, Eag's. The Count can't hit it over a jam jar at the moment:mrgreen:

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:22 AM
That should be 600/1, Eag's. The Count can't hit it over a jam jar at the moment:mrgreen:

.. but he'll look good doing it ;)

Eag's
10th October 2011, 08:34 AM
Courty is due for a decent showing at the Champs.

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:36 AM

Yeah you'd think so mate, but the pressure of the whole thing ... flying down, organising his wardrobe and stuff, it could really impact negatively on his golf.

;)

Eag's
10th October 2011, 08:39 AM
Does that hair care app come with or without a compas?

sms316
10th October 2011, 08:40 AM
Surely, you would know?

Jarro
10th October 2011, 08:40 AM

If it's got a compass component then i'm all over it !!

PeteyD
10th October 2011, 09:41 AM
No need for legs when you have wheels! How come Goughy is at longer odds than I am, I should be rank outsider??

goughy
10th October 2011, 10:12 AM
I've got no hc, am limping too, and have played less hold than you in the last year. That's why!

PeteyD
10th October 2011, 10:14 AM
ffftt the moon boot wedge is your secret weapon.

AndyP
10th October 2011, 10:28 AM
AndyP odds
2011 - 8/1
2010 - 2/1
2009 - "Red Hot Fave"

:shock::roll::oops:

I found this beauty from 2009 too.

Can people not tip me please I am no good under pressure.:lol:

PeteyD
10th October 2011, 10:29 AM
Bwahahahahahaha

BrisVegas
10th October 2011, 11:20 AM
3. Supo67 - Unknown
8. Dotty - Unknown
10. KristianJ - Unknown
25. Xray - Unknown
28. Coffs - Unknown
36. TD42T - Unknown
40. Outcast - Unknown
44. Matty - Unknown
46. Haystacks - Unknown
47. Sheldon77 - Unknown
49. Popper81 - Unknown
52. Monty - Unknown
53. Cosmo - Unknown

Any late mail on the unknowns???

I've played with the following:

10. KristianJ - Unknown very handy golfer, totally obsessed with club hoing. Will be too distracted by shiny things to score well.
28. Coffs - Unknown - Bi-annual golfer these days. Has raw talent, but no patience. Even money to get cranky and hit the ball VERY hard. Not sure where it will go though.
40. Outcast - Unknown - only played with him once. He jumped out of the box and I thought, who's this bloke!? But he fell in a heap. Heard he has a drinking problem, like all sailors. Or is it a sailor problem, like all drinkers?

KristianJ
10th October 2011, 11:29 AM
Goes well with my list of un words a few pages back...

PeteyD
10th October 2011, 11:32 AM
Supo is scratched as well.

Dotty
10th October 2011, 11:43 AM
Dotty - Couldn't drive a greasy stick up his avatar's arse, with a 15lb hammer. Every par 4 is driver, 5 wood, wedge, putter.
KristianJ - All ho'ing and driving range. Not familiar with playing off grass.
Coffs - NSW's Sergio. Half his shots will be with his putter.
Matty - NSW's outright contender. Drives the ball a mile. Now sorted out his putter.

Outcast
10th October 2011, 06:34 PM
40. Outcast - Unknown - only played with him once. He jumped out of the box and I thought, who's this bloke!? But he fell in a heap. Heard he has a drinking problem, like all sailors. Or is it a sailor problem, like all drinkers?

Yeah, sadly I have a habit of jumping out of the box early and then stuffing it or; starting very poorly and finishing like a steam train when it's all too late but, occasionally it does all come together to allow me to post a blinder.

As to the drinking, I may have discovered a secret on Saturday; haven't been drinking at all on the course but, had two beers at the halfway mark after an absolute shocker start; promptly shot 2 over for the rest of the round. Clearly my drinking problem is one of 'not enough'!!

Courty
10th October 2011, 06:47 PM

Got that sorted this arve. 18 pts with a wipe. 8)

.. but he'll look good doing it ;)

+1. ;)

Thanks for the kiss of death, Rich. :roll:

Yeah you'd think so mate, but the pressure of the whole thing ... flying down, organising his wardrobe and stuff, it could really impact negatively on his golf.

;)

You have no idea how much work it is to look this good all the time. :p

Eag's
10th October 2011, 07:05 PM
Harden up custard head :razz:

nudgee
10th October 2011, 07:48 PM
If he can't break 90 at Reddy bay then PW will make him look silly.....um sillier.

You Bitch!!!

rubin
10th October 2011, 07:50 PM
I reckon cosmo could be at some decent odds :)

popper81
10th October 2011, 09:43 PM
Any late mail on the unknowns???

49. Popper81 - Unknown

99/1 Not a chance of a podium finish in golf, hoping to play the Craig Parry bunt fad all weekend, more likely be PHAT or left all day.

Could be a chance in the scoooie count on Saturday night if plays his normal game and stays away from Timah!'s JD poison.

Think I could give SMS fair crack at the Pie contest as well...

BrisVegas
11th October 2011, 09:17 AM
Think I could give SMS fair crack at the Pie contest as well...

sms, crack, pie in one sentence. Winner!

Ferrins
11th October 2011, 09:26 AM
Playing like solarman at the moment but nothing that changing 11 clubs in my bag won't fix.

td42t
11th October 2011, 12:12 PM
Any late mail on the unknowns??

36. TD42T-Unknown- Unknown is the major word here. Have lost 2 shots in the last week (down to 9)so I am only showing up for the drinks.1800km drive will also sort me out. Bring on the jimmy cans. 200/1 at least.

dc68
11th October 2011, 12:41 PM
I fear for my health with all this talk of Jimmy cans from you.

peter_rs
11th October 2011, 12:43 PM
Its ok we will drink them for you :)

td42t
11th October 2011, 12:46 PM
I fear for my health with all this talk of Jimmy cans from you.

Only on the coarse.
Light beer at the bar otherwise I turn into a c**t apperantly.

Marty

dc68
11th October 2011, 12:47 PM
So do I,but who worries about that with all the other ****s running around?

sms316
11th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Its ok we will drink them for you :)
Good plan. Sober golf is cheating in our group.

dc68
11th October 2011, 12:57 PM
We'll just leave our empties for you.

haysey
11th October 2011, 12:58 PM
Driving range for lunch and hit everything over the left side fence. Think I might just succumb to peer pressure and head straight for the JW's

td42t
11th October 2011, 01:02 PM
Does the bar open early?
Need a few pots before I hit off, none of this practice rubbish, just a few nerve settlers.
We may need a bigger esky for our group on saturday!

sms316
11th October 2011, 01:05 PM
Does the bar open early?
Need a few pots before I hit off, none of this practice rubbish, just a few nerve settlers.
We may need a bigger esky for our group on saturday!
No grog until 10am.

Don't get caught doing a BYO.

BrisVegas
11th October 2011, 01:08 PM
No grog until 10am.

:lol:

Can't say it's a free for all then!

dc68
11th October 2011, 01:09 PM
No grog until 10am.

Mmmm ,we went well with this.... NOT.

td42t
11th October 2011, 01:10 PM
No grog until 10am.

10am thats okay only need about a hour before hit off.
Not worried about BYO, I'm sure they sell takeways. Don't they?

sms316
11th October 2011, 01:12 PM
10am thats okay only need about a hour before hit off.
Not worried about BYO, I'm sure they sell takeways. Don't they?
About $9 per Jimmy can I think. Not cheap.

td42t
11th October 2011, 01:15 PM
Thats okay, better than drinking water.

haysey
11th October 2011, 01:16 PM
Mmmm ,we went well with this.... NOT.

How about we just tell them the Pieman said it was ok?

Eag's
11th October 2011, 01:22 PM
Sounds like I might have to come up with a sneaky way of keeping my drinks cool in my golf bag ;)

AndyP
11th October 2011, 01:23 PM
I wonder if the 100 OZgolf stubby coolers could come in handy.

dc68
11th October 2011, 01:42 PM
Biiiiiiiiiiiiig drink pocket on the Catalina 2.0 Just grab a couple of the cart chick and put in esky.... When she comes back Oh no I'm right I still have one from the last time. SMS please check if they are doing standard tins or 440s like that other year... **** what a write off that was.

BrisVegas
11th October 2011, 01:43 PM
does the drink cart sell bundy and coke premix cans ? just out of curiosity....

Eag's
11th October 2011, 01:46 PM
Great question Dion ;)

sms316
11th October 2011, 01:48 PM
does the drink cart sell bundy and coke premix cans ? just out of curiosity....
Yes. Coronas are the only glass item in the cart.

No 440ml cans dc.

Beer is Pure Blonde, Vomit Bombs (I think), XXXX Gold, Carlton Mid & Cascade Light.

Marto65
11th October 2011, 02:26 PM
Beer is Pure Blonde, .

Excellent ... I can play golf, drink beer and lose weight, all at the same time.

Ned
11th October 2011, 06:49 PM
Biiiiiiiiiiiiig drink pocket on the Catalina 2.0 Just grab a couple of the cart chick and put in esky.... When she comes back Oh no I'm right I still have one from the last time. SMS please check if they are doing standard tins or 440s like that other year... **** what a write off that was.

I reckon when sms explains to them that you are the 2011 Champ then you will get free drinks all the way....................

IanO
14th October 2011, 04:10 PM
Good luck at the Champs guys ... I hope to get there for 2012

Dcanto
14th October 2011, 04:13 PM
What IanO said.

Steve57
14th October 2011, 04:16 PM
What IanO said.

+2

ddasey
14th October 2011, 04:35 PM
Righto, updates in Blue. I have also added the cripple to the market.

2. Nudgee - 10/1 6/1 If he gets stuck into chorizo the night before, he will shit it in.
3. Supo67 - Scratched
5. Eag's - 60/1 40/1 Unlikely to repeat solid showing of last year. Will be drinking large quantities of Bundy.
6. Goughy - 300/1 No chance especially playing off scratch :wink:
8. Dotty - Unknown
10. KristianJ - Unknown
16. AndyP - 25/1 8/1 May struggle with his new Hcp and suffer a paper cut while working on his course guide.
17. kpac - 10/1 8/1 Won't show any form until the money goes on.... then look out.
18. sms - 5/1 3/1 Does have the local knowledge, but may not be able to tear himself away from the pie cart.
23. Hux - 9/1 15/1 Hits the ball great for someone off his Hcp, only problem is Stevie Wonder putts better.
24. nk - 11/1 15/1 Very straight off the tee, but soft on the drink.
25. Xray - Unknown
27. Vegas - 15/1 12/1 Might struggle with his lower Hcp, but still must be a serious threat.
29. DC - 3/1 Unbackable Evens favorite on or off the drink.
30. Henno - 150/1 Scratched
31. damoocow - 100/1 30/1 Will be to busy writing hate mail to Jack Reed to focus on golf.
33. Peter_rs - 12/1 15/1 If he can keep it in play, he is a show. Playing off 9 might be a test though.
34. Shazza_rs - 200/1 100/1 Will have to scull a drink every time she tells someone to **** off, so no chance
36. TD42T - Unknown
40. Outcast - Unknown
44. Matty - Unknown
46. Haystacks - Unknown
47. Sheldon77 - Unknown
49. Popper81 - Unknown
52. Monty - Unknown
53. Cosmo - Unknown
55. PeteyD - 200/1 Even with a new hip he will be lacking the miles in the legs.

Late money on Virge.

Sorry DC.

Ned
14th October 2011, 10:57 PM
dc68 is now drinking water to preserve his 2011 Champs title........

Jarro
15th October 2011, 05:30 AM
Eag's is looking like good value after the Coolum round.

goughy
16th October 2011, 09:54 AM

Choppa withdrawn from second round sick! Discuss.

CobraSS
16th October 2011, 10:39 AM
Choppa withdrawn from second round sick! Discuss.

NAGA

Jarro
16th October 2011, 12:26 PM
NAGA

Yep