PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Grips

markTHEblake
8th June 2004, 10:47 PM
I was going to ask if anyone has suggestions for new grips and where to buy them, but i figure you have never had a club long enough to replace the grips. :-)

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 10:55 PM
I saw Golf Club Innovations here in Sydney when Garry came down to attend the store. Probably a good place to start for you northerners as they seem to have about 40 different types.

McMw
8th June 2004, 10:59 PM
i get mine off ebay - and it's been great fun experimenting!!! :D
And have changed the grips on my driver/3wd/rescue/5-E/54&58 wedhes...Abs loving it!!!

btw - WINN grips are a PITA!!! :evil:

Jarro
9th June 2004, 02:16 AM
Golf Pride Tour Velvets ..... best there is 8)

E-Bay is a great place to buy anything, you should look there sometime Blakey.... don't be scared :wink:

Ben was also telling me about some new grips he's got in stock that are awesome but really cheap :-k

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 07:31 AM
I have had a couple of regrips done in the past 18 months. HOG Chattswood were hopeless. They couldn't get a full set of the ones I wanted in, so they decided to use two different types of grips through my irons. :roll:

Gailes Golf Club pro, Brett McKee(?) did a great job with my last regrip though and at a good price. :) I went with Lamkin cord wraps and he only charged $13 each, fitted. HOG Brisbane wanted $20 for both Golf Pride Tour Wrap and Lamkin versions.... ouch! :evil:

gazgolf1
9th June 2004, 07:40 AM
I was going to ask if anyone has suggestions for new grips and where to buy them, but i figure you have never had a club long enough to replace the grips. :-)

I was going to tell you where to get those grips but you've hurt my feelings now. :cry:
Oh crap I've got a Ebay auction ending any minute and the Postie is knocking on the door with another driver.
God damn it can't a man get a minutes peace. :x

drunken
9th June 2004, 01:32 PM
lamkin crossline, either the normal ones or the cord version :D

markTHEblake
9th June 2004, 08:55 PM
Ben has some clone grips for $2.50 each.

GCI will do grips for $15 installed, that includes the Lamkin cord wraps that i like. (which Ben sells for $12.x)

Now i was looking at golfsmith.com their grips start at $1.80 for tacky wraps that i like, and postage is only $6. Seems that they dont charge extra freight for international orders

McMw
9th June 2004, 09:26 PM
Seems that they dont charge extra freight for international orders

Don't assume that...
when I got my kit from golfworks, they didn't have an international shipping rate...and I thought I was getting a damn good price for courier...

it wasn't the case, but the charges were still less than what I had factored in...took a risk... 8)

Golfgirl
10th June 2004, 02:40 PM

Lamkins.... and my golf clubs get re-gripped on a regular basis.... about twice a year. :lol: (Too much golf...)

AndyP
10th June 2004, 07:16 PM
Lamkins.... and my golf clubs get re-gripped on a regular basis.... about twice a year. :lol: (Too much golf...)
:shock:
I'm going on four years without a re-grip. 8)
GG, sounds like symptoms of being a grip-ho. :P

Golfgirl
11th June 2004, 11:09 AM
:shock:
I'm going on four years without a re-grip. 8)
GG, sounds like symptoms of being a grip-ho. :P

nah - just don't like having worn grips, especially now that I have really eased up on my grip pressure to allow the clubhead to release....

Matt once told me: if you play golf once a week, you should re-grip your clubs once a year, twice a week, two times a year... so I re-grip every 6 months or so.... I don't even have to regrip the whole set, as there are clubs that I don't use as much - so often I am only having half a set done at a time.