PDA

View Full Version : can you pimp a oddessey white hot xg#1

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
10th August 2011, 04:58 PM
i really think i would like a all black putter, head, shaft, grip, as this is sitting looking at me to do something with, advice and guidence woould be nice

regards

Captain Nemo
10th August 2011, 06:40 PM
Kari Lajosi

MegaWatty
10th August 2011, 08:13 PM
Send it to mike.

mike
10th August 2011, 08:18 PM
Haha!

mike
10th August 2011, 08:20 PM
http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/Rat_Sport/images/catalog/aerosol_black.jpg

Seriously Lajosi is the go. His work is fantastic. I'd do a good job but I'm a bit busy atm.

haysey
10th August 2011, 08:21 PM
Working on the white driver Mike?

mike
10th August 2011, 08:22 PM
Looking for the right shade of white.

haysey
10th August 2011, 08:24 PM
Pearl white with three coats of clear.

Dazza
10th August 2011, 09:59 PM
Fridge paint white is the future.

Dotty
10th August 2011, 10:43 PM

mike
10th August 2011, 10:49 PM
Haha I forgot about you Dotty.

Duke, Dotty is the king of putter customizing. Send it to him.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
11th August 2011, 12:00 AM
i saw this scotty cameron toour black newport and really liked it, but i was not sure if you could refinish them? i could get it powercoated flat black shaft and all, quiet cheap fix through a friends buissness, i will email lajosi and find out the costs, but to spend that amount of cash ona putter thats not that expensive in the first place is a quandrum, dotty what could you do anyways?? or is that a bit of a joke :)

Dotty
11th August 2011, 08:13 AM
It's a ongoing joke.

I had my eye on a Lajosi notchback prototype, so I attempted to do the same with an old bronze Anser and angle grinder. (I wouldn't try it on a steel putter.)
I've also mucked around with masking tape and coins, to experiment with weight changes, and did the final solution with lead flashing and araldite.
The difference is my changes didn't cost me a cent. (And they look it.)

Personally, I wouldn't consider pimping an Odyssey, unless you have an emotional attachment to it. There's enough stuff on the new and second hand market to find what you want, or PM Timinsa as their clubfitter may be able to put something together.

Courty has pimped his putter through the local electroplaters. It looks fantastic, but they didn't have to contend with an Odyssey plastic face insert.