PDA

View Full Version : Pat Perez- is he a knob?

rodders
9th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Just watching the Golf Show. Showed Reno open or whatever it is.

Pat Perez came second and cracked the shites big time. Went past a kid who wanted an autograph but looked by the little fella's actions he knew Perez is ..... special.

Had to look at Perez's website and apparently now has an official search for the little guy to apologise and give him something big.

Still a knob IMO.

mint
9th August 2011, 09:09 PM
I JUST SAW THAT TOO !!
he is a giant douche and he should he should be open handed slapped

Trento
9th August 2011, 09:10 PM
I think he,s a good guy, but under the pump, he can just go mental.
I mean spit it off the charts.
You can see his lighter side, with elk on secret in the dirt

markTHEblake
9th August 2011, 09:28 PM
I think he,s a good guy, but under the pump, he can just go mental.
I mean spit it off the charts.

I play golf often with a bloke who is exactly the same.

Veefore
10th August 2011, 12:15 AM
I think his nickname on tour is "the volcano".

Eag's
10th August 2011, 08:58 AM
I saw his dummy spit on the golf show last night, what a dropkick.

PeteyD
10th August 2011, 09:00 AM
Everyone has a dummy spit every now and then. If he constantly does it he is a dropkick. If it is an occasional thing, and he is trying to make repatriation, leave the guy alone.

virge666
10th August 2011, 09:04 AM
Everyone has a dummy spit every now and then. If he constantly does it he is a dropkick. If it is an occasional thing, and he is trying to make repatriation, leave the guy alone.

+1, +2 and +3.

FFS

Eag's
10th August 2011, 09:11 AM

Have you seen the footage Pete? I have and my statement stands, dropkick no doubt.
It is not the first time I have seem him go off his nut either, the bloke may need some anger management.

3oneday
10th August 2011, 09:13 AM
I haven't seen it, just tried to find it on google by typing pat perez temper. There's stuff there dating back to 2002.

PeteyD
10th August 2011, 10:32 AM
Have you seen the footage Pete? I have and my statement stands, dropkick no doubt.
It is not the first time I have seem him go off his nut either, the bloke may need some anger management.

Nope, but everyone has done things that if viewed in isolation make you look like a total knobface. Just saying.

LowTee
10th August 2011, 10:47 AM
He certainly spat the dummy, should have sunk that putt on 18!

Iain
10th August 2011, 11:13 AM
Didn't he just lose in a playoff or on the 18th? Why should he be happy about it.

Eag's
10th August 2011, 11:22 AM
Iain, nobody is saying he should be happy about it, but the way he carried on was plain embarrassing. Check the footage out for yourself and you will see what I mean.
He bogeyed the last two holes to lose, not in a playoff or on the 18th.

BayBum
10th August 2011, 02:42 PM
He has always been a fruit loop & is known for it,thats why it took so long for him to win his first event.He use to be alot worse too.

Hawkers2008
10th August 2011, 03:25 PM
He has a temper that is roughly the equal of Ewan Porter and David Bransdon. Mind you he is somewhat more successful than either of them ...

TheNuclearOne
10th August 2011, 05:29 PM
He's found the kid, talked to the dad and they are getting a gift together.

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/08/pat-perez-makes-amends-after-blowing-off-young-fan-in-reno.html

markTHEblake
10th August 2011, 06:24 PM
Doesnt sound like a knob to me.

TheTrueReview
10th August 2011, 07:43 PM
Doesnt sound like a knob to me.

Everyone is a knob, apparently.

BayBum
10th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Except Stevie !

Veefore
11th August 2011, 09:55 AM
Still a knob or he wouldn't have done it in the first place. Sucking up afterward to avoid the flack and yet another fine from the PGA Tour doesn't make him any less of a knob.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2011, 10:53 AM
Yes it does.

Like he cares about a fine, which he would probably not have received for making a kid cry.

He realized it pretty quick, said he was a dick and tried to fix things. It's not like he's a huge name protecting millions in endorsement dollars.

Veefore
11th August 2011, 11:18 AM
Yes it does.

Like he cares about a fine, which he would probably not have received for making a kid cry.

He realized it pretty quick, said he was a dick and tried to fix things. It's not like he's a huge name protecting millions in endorsement dollars.

Fair enough if it was a once off but it isn't. It is a recurrent thing with him. He insults/upsets people then tries to buy his way out of it by paying people off with stuff he gets for free.

If he acts like a dick, apologises then acts like a dick again and again and again then he IS a dick.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2011, 11:45 AM
How many golfers not named Mickleson would have stopped to sign for he kid after finishin the way he did.

If it was Woods, his security would have pushed the kid away so it never would have happened.

Golf needs colorful dumbasses like Perez. I'm not justifying what he did, but am glad to see that he is trying to make amends.

We forgave you afte you tried to make Aldo cry.

Veefore
11th August 2011, 11:49 AM
We forgave you afte you tried to make Aldo cry.

WTF?

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2011, 11:50 AM
Your little quarrel about 6 months ago or so.

Veefore
11th August 2011, 11:55 AM
Your little quarrel about 6 months ago or so.

I must have missed that one. Care to let me in on what we quarrelled about?

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2011, 11:57 AM
Too long ago. Don't worry about it. Back to Perez. I wonder what he is doing for the kid

markTHEblake
11th August 2011, 12:53 PM
He insults/upsets people then tries to buy his way out of it by paying people off with stuff he gets for free.

source please. Dont worry about places and dates just a general summary and the total number of times it has happened.

If he acts like a dick, apologises then acts like a dick again and again and again then he IS a dick.

As if he is the first sportsman to have ever snubbed an autograph seeker.

MegaWatty
11th August 2011, 03:23 PM
Fair enough if it was a once off but it isn't. It is a recurrent thing with him. He insults/upsets people then tries to buy his way out of it by paying people off with stuff he gets for free.

I played with a guy, at Hartfield, the other week. He was a complete dick that had no respect for the course. The course cried. He didn't even give it sand to make it better. DICK!

Veefore
11th August 2011, 03:50 PM
source please. Dont worry about places and dates just a general summary and the total number of times it has happened.

As if he is the first sportsman to have ever snubbed an autograph seeker.

USA Golf Digest

Issue was probably 3 or 4 years ago. The article was the most fined (or most reprimanded, can't remember exactly) players on Tour.
My copy is in a landfill now so I'm not even going to try to quote specifics from it. You'll have to find it yourself.

Veefore
11th August 2011, 03:52 PM
I played with a guy, at Hartfield, the other week. He was a complete dick that had no respect for the course. The course cried. He didn't even give it sand to make it better. DICK!

Just saw this. Write a letter to the club and complain. People need to stop turning a blind eye to poor behaviour on the golf course.
Things really do get taken seriously when a letter of complaint is received.

MegaWatty
11th August 2011, 04:13 PM
I told the right people to make things happen. Laat time I wrote a letter, I got no response.

markTHEblake
11th August 2011, 04:37 PM
Issue was probably 3 or 4 years ago. The article was the most fined (or most reprimanded, can't remember exactly) players on Tour. .

well i am surprised. i never knew they could get fined or reprimanded for snubbing autograph seekers.

Eag's
11th August 2011, 05:39 PM
Blake, the issue is not that he snubbed a young kid looking for an autograph (which was not cool) rather it is his regular dummy spits when things don't go his way.

I haven't seen it, just tried to find it on google by typing pat perez temper. There's stuff there dating back to 2002.

The above quote says it all.

markTHEblake
11th August 2011, 05:49 PM
Blake, the issue is not that he snubbed a young kid looking for an autograph (which was not cool)

Read the OP, the issue is exactly that.

Eag's
11th August 2011, 05:52 PM
Yes I realise that, but just about every post since has been discussing his behavior in general.
Anyways the bloke needs to wake up to himself, end of story.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2011, 06:14 PM
He's got a temper on the course. Why does he need to wake up to himself? A lot of guys on tour have tempers. Do they need to wake up to themselves too? If that is the case, you could make a thread about a good portion of the guys on tour.

Eag's
11th August 2011, 06:37 PM
I am entitled to my opinion of the bloke, if you don't agree well will just agree to disagree.

markTHEblake
11th August 2011, 07:10 PM
Yes I realise that, but just about every post since has been discussing his behavior in general..

I know, but I did not reply to just about every post, i replied to a specific one "He insults/upsets people then tries to buy his way out of it by paying people off with stuff he gets for free"

Still waiting for more examples of Pat Perez paying people off, as he has done in this case (not my words) I dont expect any will be forthcoming.

I have no idea of whether he is a knob or not, but this incident is no reflection of that. He aint the first sportsman to snub a kid and wont be the last. However he may just well be the first one to do something about it.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2011, 08:23 PM
I respect your opinion but don't think that he is any different to a large portion of the tour.

Scottt
13th August 2011, 11:21 PM
Still a knob or he wouldn't have done it in the first place. Sucking up afterward to avoid the flack and yet another fine from the PGA Tour doesn't make him any less of a knob.

Didn't you throw a gigantic tantrum and quit this forum at one stage last year/early this year, or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Veefore
14th August 2011, 03:18 AM
Didn't you throw a gigantic tantrum and quit this forum at one stage last year/early this year, or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Nope. I was spending too much time here when I should have been working (I'm sure I'm not the first) and quietly PM'd AndyP and asked him to put me on ban for two weeks, hoping that not being able to post would help me cut back the amount of time I spent here. Others made it into an issue.

Johnny Canuck
23rd March 2017, 12:13 PM
Good read.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/pat-perez-pga-tour-you-dont-know-me/

BUSHY
23rd March 2017, 05:04 PM
Good read.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/pat-perez-pga-tour-you-dont-know-me/

Thanks for the share JC. Great read.

petethepilot
23rd March 2017, 06:10 PM
I think he has done it hard.......but he is still a knob!

PerryGroves
23rd March 2017, 10:49 PM
Gets to write his own puff piece and still comes off like a knob.

Love the tough side of the track story........living in SoCal in a 3 bedroom house, the old man has a job and so does his Mum.

damoocow
23rd March 2017, 10:56 PM
Gets to write his own puff piece and still comes off like a knob.

Love the tough side of the track story........living in SoCal in a 3 bedroom house, the old man has a job and so does his Mum.

Agreed - don't know much about him but based on his own writing he is a grade A ****wit - is he actually in the Masters field? - Will be cheering against him if so.

Jazz18
24th March 2017, 12:14 AM
Agreed - don't know much about him but based on his own writing he is a grade A ****wit - is he actually in the Masters field? - Will be cheering against him if so.

Pretty sure he is. I'm sure he's had a win since last years Masters.

BUSHY
24th March 2017, 06:17 AM
Pretty sure he is. I'm sure he's had a win since last years Masters.

He won his second or third tournament back from shoulder surgery at the Mayakoba in Mexico in November.
I guess it proves Perez's point in a way. Life condensed into 3-4 events and people judge that. You can't please everybody.

PeteyD
24th March 2017, 08:06 AM
You blokes are harsh. 16 years on the tour without losing his card seems a pretty good achievement.

CanuckDownUnder
24th March 2017, 08:30 AM
You blokes are harsh. 16 years on the tour without losing his card seems a pretty good achievement.

Consistent. Let him say what he feels. Tiger, DJ and DLIII all apparently are not the nicest of people "off the mic". And that's also observing them in the clubhouse at various tourney's.

BUSHY
24th March 2017, 09:26 AM
Consistent. Let him say what he feels. Tiger, DJ and DLIII all apparently are not the nicest of people "off the mic". And that's also observing them in the clubhouse at various tourney's.

I'll say with 100% conviction that DJ is a legend both on and off the course. I've met him numerous times and even played golf with him, he and his brother are deadset lads.

Which I guess goes back to Pats point where a few incidents tend to paint that individual for the rest of their career.

What's the saying...?

"...you Fu** one goat.."

petethepilot
24th March 2017, 09:34 AM
He won his second or third tournament back from shoulder surgery at the Mayakoba in Mexico in November.
I guess it proves Perez's point in a way. Life condensed into 3-4 events and people judge that. You can't please everybody.

Or nobody in his case!

petethepilot
24th March 2017, 09:37 AM
You don't get sacked from a college team if you are a gun, even if you are Charles Manson!
He indicated he won everything for his team and then his scholorship is pulled.
Smell like he may have played in the NRL.