PDA

View Full Version : What Are They Thinkin'

TourFit
9th August 2011, 06:58 PM
I was at Secret Harbour on Sunday, and saw one of the most incredibly STOOPID things that I've ever witnessed on a golf course!

There was one (and sometimes two) young guys who were working for the pro shop, driving out to the edge of the range in a normal cart, parking it, and then walking out into the middle of the range MANUALLY collecting balls with these...

They had no protection whatsoever, NOTHING! Just heads down collecting balls and risking serious injury. When we tee'd off #10, one guy was about 150m from where there were around 10 people using the range...some even hitting driver. And these people weren't good golfers either, and had NO control over where the ball was going.

An absolute disgrace.

Yossarian
9th August 2011, 06:59 PM
Hmm I sense a personal injury claim coming on. Tell them to wait a couple of years to get hit.

TourFit
9th August 2011, 07:09 PM
Secret Harbour...weekend...course flush with Scoopon holders.

I'm surprised with their volume of traffic lately, that it didn't happen within 5 minutes!

mike
9th August 2011, 07:12 PM
What does 'manually walking' mean?

Very dumb and dangerous btw.

Jarro
9th August 2011, 07:13 PM
That's just friggin' stupid !!!

TourFit
9th August 2011, 07:14 PM

Noted sensei.

OP changed.

just
9th August 2011, 07:17 PM
Walking on their hands.

Lagerlover
9th August 2011, 07:27 PM

'doing it by the book'

Minor_Threat
9th August 2011, 08:04 PM
Whats wrong with that? That was my first job at Panthers Driving range back in 1994.

I was only getting $4 / hr.

TheTrueReview
9th August 2011, 08:07 PM
Maybe you should email them this link (http://prosecutions.commerce.wa.gov.au/).

TourFit
10th August 2011, 12:16 AM
Whats wrong with that? That was my first job at Panthers Driving range back in 1994.

I was only getting $4 / hr.

Two things come to mind...

1) You're a Doggies fan, so gettin' hit in the head with a golf ball would have little effect, and
2) At $4/hr, you'd have been a well off Doggies fan.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

(All in jest mate...all in jest)

PS: I could suggest another Doggies fan to perform this job IN THE HOPE THAT SHE GETS ONE TO THE HEAD!

Minor_Threat
10th August 2011, 07:07 AM
Two things come to mind...

1) You're a Doggies fan, so gettin' hit in the head with a golf ball would have little effect, and
2) At $4/hr, you'd have been a well off Doggies fan.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

(All in jest mate...all in jest)

PS: I could suggest another Doggies fan to perform this job IN THE HOPE THAT SHE GETS ONE TO THE HEAD!
Only problem with that is that I wasn't a doggies fan at the time.

I ended up getting hit 27 times during the 3 months I worked there. Got a job in a pro shop after school and on weekends after that.

BayBum
10th August 2011, 11:00 AM
The young kid up at freo public does the same but with a helmet/visor you would use when useing a weedeater,nothing else.Unreal.

Yossarian
10th August 2011, 12:40 PM
He just patrols the edges usually.

TourFit
10th August 2011, 12:44 PM
Ah...right in your firing line then!

Yossarian
10th August 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm a flusher at the range. So no.

BayBum
10th August 2011, 01:50 PM
Range fluffer

Lagerlover
10th August 2011, 04:19 PM
2) At $4/hr, you'd have been a well off Doggies fan...

plus $$ from sale of balls left in you pockets once the hessian bags were filled to capacity....

which just by coincidence happened to be all the premiums.

I used to use the brand new range near the adelaide airport in the late 80's, the poor prick had a soup tin on a stick to scoop the balls with.