PDA

View Full Version : British Open

Fishman Dan
15th July 2005, 10:25 AM
Interesting first round, because with the wind blowing i would have thought Woods is no chance. There's a thread on ISG about prices for golfers - with Woods starting at $4 you'd debate value, but any golf fan would be stupid to have doubted he can't win this (prior to his 1st round).

Lonard is in the thick of it though, but way too erratic;

1 x Eagle
7 x Birdies
7 x Par
1 x Bogey
2 x Double Bogey

Picked up 9 shots and lost 5 to be -4. If only he had the consistency you'd back him in from here. I also figure Allenby could be there in the shake-down, at -2 currently i think he holds value at over $50 on the betting.

I just checked Allenby's round - 6 birds and 2 doubles! :shock:

Bruce
15th July 2005, 10:44 AM
What are the odds on Hensby for top 5?

I should have checked that yesterday as I had a feeling he would be in the mix.

I doubt Jack will get to play on Sunday. I felt for the guy on some of his missed shots. He looked rather frustrated at times.

Jarro
15th July 2005, 02:05 PM
i watched a bit of it last night while at work. Allenby looked pretty good, even getting some drives out there past Tigger, he might be a dark horse if he can sink some putts 8)

Fishman Dan
15th July 2005, 02:23 PM
Allenby is $5 to win the 3-ball (best 18 hole score R2) in that group. I baulked, but didn't add it to my ticket... very tempting.

oz
15th July 2005, 08:23 PM
Whoa! Hensby drops 6 shots in the first 4 holes today! :shock: :shock: :shock: Let's hope he pulls it back together...

On a positive note, Richard Green got it to -4.....

Tigger yet to tee off....

McMw
15th July 2005, 08:39 PM
tiger had it easy yesterday in the morning....hope the wind blows like it did yesterday for Els and co..

so putting that into perspective, that 5under by Hensby was SUPERB!!!

btw, did anyone manage to watch more than 30 mins of the BOpen straight without falling asleep???

god - the commentary team is BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.........

goughy
15th July 2005, 09:00 PM
What a start for hensby alright. Bogey, triple, birdie, triple :shock:

I was really hoping he'd make another top 5. Then again, this is the british open. Anything can happen still.

oz
15th July 2005, 09:58 PM
btw, did anyone manage to watch more than 30 mins of the BOpen straight without falling asleep???

Absolutely the least interesting and entertaining golf commentary I have seen / heard in years..... No wonder most non-golfers think watching golf is boring....

damoocow
15th July 2005, 10:57 PM
oz wrote

On a positive note, Richard Green got it to -4.....

in my books this is not a positive note ...Dipsh1t Green is a mate of Dipsh1t Paul Gow [incidentally a friend of pretend Qlder Paul Vautin] and between the 2 of them they have a terrible reputation for harrassing golf journo's..do your own research here.....

mau wrote

not really ...and compared to what ??...Pat Welsh/ On the dance floor Newton/ Tim wish I was WEbster ??...I would call it more laconic and country but more interesting than anything US at least.....

damoocow

McMw
16th July 2005, 12:09 PM
didn't get to see much last night...afraid of falling asleep before 8pm...

but I did see perhaps one of the best shots from BOpen rough...
Poulter on the right side of 17th, tall grass stuff (thigh high)...takes a nice swing (not the tiger woods type), balls lands abt 10yards short of the green, runs it up 5 ft below the pin - birdie!!!

that was just an amazing shot... :shock: :shock: :shock:

not so much that the shot made the green, but how little effort it seemed from Poulter to get the ball out from that rough...

suwii
16th July 2005, 03:21 PM
come ON adam!!
arghh...3 under after round 2..i'm pretty sure he'd want to be a bit further up the leaderboard but anyhows to be level with els, mickelson, goosen and donald looks pretty good
today's his birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!!!
i hope his birthday luck gives him a great 3rd round!! :)

Jarro
16th July 2005, 04:01 PM
just watched the replay of Jack Nicklaus' final round ..... and i'm still diving for the Kleenex :cry:

great way to finish his Open career as well, with a nice birdie on 18 8)

suwii
17th July 2005, 03:06 PM
yeh that sure was fitting how he birdied the last!!!

i'm glad adam is the leading australian now...terrible rounds to allenby and lonard though!! :?