PDA

View Full Version : Powerbuilt Air force one

Flavzz
6th August 2011, 08:16 PM
Anyone hit one of these nitrogen charged clubs which Brett Ogle tells me will hit longer and straighter than anything in the universe?

sms316
6th August 2011, 08:23 PM
I'd love to belt Brett Ogle in the head with one.

Flavzz
6th August 2011, 08:24 PM
I'd love to belt Brett Ogle in the head with one.

+1

rubin
6th August 2011, 09:34 PM
Anyone hit one of these nitrogen charged clubs which Brett Ogle tells me will hit longer and straighter than anything in the universe?

Yes. Don't believe the hype.

Oh and +1 as well.

Flavzz
6th August 2011, 09:41 PM
Don't worry I was in no danger of purchasing one :)

Goldy
6th August 2011, 09:42 PM
$100 bargain bin in 6 months.

TheTrueReview
6th August 2011, 10:35 PM
Air is 78% nitrogen. I'm sure the extra 22% in the club head makes a whole lot of difference. :roll:

Stuart
6th August 2011, 10:40 PM
Haven't hit one, but a few of the Yank sites give them good reviews (for what that's worth):

http://www.mygolfspy.com/powerbilt-air-force-one-n7-driver-reviews/

jaybam
6th August 2011, 10:54 PM
Step father purchased one with matching fairway and irons against my advice. Egg on my face though as he hits them really well. His handicap is dropping and he is enjoying hitting them. At the end of the day I think a lot of it is to do with confidence but as long as he is enjoying it again who am I to say they are shit?

LarryLong
6th August 2011, 11:01 PM
The name puts me off.

reg
7th August 2011, 12:08 PM
I ignored it as marketing, even laughed at it. The part saying it's the thinnest face in golf is BS, face thickness has been maxed out by the rules for a while.

Was pretty surprised by the reviews. Gee I would give it to a mate if he bought it.

markTHEblake
7th August 2011, 04:39 PM
clubmaker-online.com mentioned this driver in his latest newsletter.

Powerbilt makes an interesting line of drivers called AirForce One. According to Powerbilt, the heads feature pressurized nitrogen and max COR/CT/Trampoline effect and max. smash factor. I was a bit skeptical but have a few customers that swear by the Air Force One drivers. I've also read a few online articles that expressed the same skepticism but they were won over by launch monitor numbers/performance. They have a new series called AirFoil2, AirFoil2 White, and Airfoil WMD. I can sell these assembled or heads only if you'd like to build your own. Price for the newer Air Force One heads is $145 each.

just
7th August 2011, 04:45 PM
RBG has them for $70, for tat price can't be that much worse than any of the other options.

markTHEblake
7th August 2011, 04:58 PM
Interesting that they are cheaper than clubmaker-online

had a look, RBG is selling the earlier model for $70, new model for $299

damoocow
7th August 2011, 05:34 PM
I hit one up against the Diablo Octane and the Diablo was a long way back in 2nd - I actually didn't mind it at all but no better really than what I'm hitting now

Captain Nemo
28th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Guy selling one on isg
http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/34-golf-classifieds/topics/47193-fs-driver-wedges-and-putters

He's dreaming!!!!!:lol:

TheTrueReview
28th August 2011, 01:02 PM
Guy selling one on isg
http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/34-golf-classifieds/topics/47193-fs-driver-wedges-and-putters

He's dreaming!!!!!:lol:

I hear if you inhale the nitrogen beforehand you'll never miss a fairway.

LukeyRazz
31st December 2011, 04:41 PM
i just bought one myself, and its improved my distance and ability to hit it straight. i think if you get sucked into the marketing side of it youre wasting your time, but i hit half a dozen drivers and this one not only felt the best but was the most consistent of the lot. the ads are horrid, but the club itself is pretty nice.

TheTrueReview
31st December 2011, 05:18 PM
i just bought one myself, and its improved my distance and ability to hit it straight. i think if you get sucked into the marketing side of it youre wasting your time, but i hit half a dozen drivers and this one not only felt the best but was the most consistent of the lot. the ads are horrid, but the club itself is pretty nice.

How's the rest of the bag going?

LukeyRazz
1st January 2012, 09:49 PM
well i have maxfli xd irons and a maxfli putter, not part of the xd kit, something else cant remember what tho. i struggle with the xd hybrid so dont hit it very often.

LukeyRazz
1st January 2012, 09:53 PM
in saying that, i havent been playing a whole lot. just getting back into it - had a daughter 4 months ago (not that i played a lot for a couple years before that) but geting back into it and hoping to improve with each round.

johnny b goode
2nd January 2012, 12:02 PM

Hate to break it to ya partner but he's paid to say that:roll: