PDA

View Full Version : Got a recommendation for sending a driver to USA ?

Scifisicko
5th August 2011, 09:55 AM
Bought a fake Callaway from Globalgolf.com (according to Callaway Australia)

Globalgolf dont believe it is fake and want it back to inspect

45 inch package length exceeds AusPost parcel maximum dimensions

FedEx quote is $241 (more than the club is worth)

Anyone found a sensible way to send a driver to USA?

timinsa
5th August 2011, 11:10 AM
There isn't one.

3oneday
5th August 2011, 11:12 AM
It won't be fake either.

Callaway Australia have no way to check overseas serials. Not sure why you'd even check to be honest, they have mega feedback.

markTHEblake
5th August 2011, 11:46 AM
If you are that desperate pull the shaft out.

I was once given a Callaway driver purchased retail in Jakarta.It was wrong spec so i went to a few golf shopa to try to trade it. Three of them told me it was fake based on where it was purchased and that the paintfill in some of the worda was the wrong colour.

However I know it was not fake because fakes wont sell in JKT anyway and i also contacted Callaway who confirmed the differences the locals stores identified were simply the different markings for different markets.

So if you have noticed slight differences then that may be the explanation.

Scifisicko
5th August 2011, 11:58 AM
should've filled in the blank. I hit it and it fell apart, so i sent it to Callaway who examined it and sent it back with a letter saying it is a counterfeit club. @3, what makes you think they cant check serial numbers...and what would a serial number tell you anyway? Trying to imagine a bunch of forgers sitting around a table with the original saying "lets copy this, but dont copy the real serial number."

3oneday
5th August 2011, 12:32 PM
OK, good luck with the search.